Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,829 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

When To Drink Water During Meals - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / When To Drink Water During Meals (1555 Views)

Do People Still Eat Three Square Meals Daily In Nigeria? / How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? / Do You Drink Water While Eating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When To Drink Water During Meals by lilbabyak(m): 5:51am On Oct 03, 2014
I just want to get to know about different people's view on when they drink water during meals. For me I drink water after I have finished the whole food. That way I feel contended.
Re: When To Drink Water During Meals by erutoria: 5:57am On Oct 03, 2014
Same here
Re: When To Drink Water During Meals by Tannie(f): 6:14am On Oct 03, 2014
I read somewhere thatt water should be taken 30mins before meal.
Re: When To Drink Water During Meals by Nobody: 6:43am On Oct 03, 2014
Anytime I want to

k?

1 Like

Re: When To Drink Water During Meals by lirusehn(m): 7:15am On Oct 03, 2014

I do take the two together.

Mods abeg fp na undecided
Re: When To Drink Water During Meals by chibwike(m): 7:17am On Oct 03, 2014
Well i take water consecutively as i eat, they said its a bad attitude, and m trying to stop it
Re: When To Drink Water During Meals by Enoquin(f): 7:18am On Oct 03, 2014
I drink water before, during and after.
Re: When To Drink Water During Meals by yuncka: 7:34am On Oct 03, 2014
chibwike: Well i take water consecutively as i eat, they said its a bad attitude, and m trying to stop it

Will dey call it bad atitude wen U r chokin?
Re: When To Drink Water During Meals by Nobody: 7:40am On Oct 03, 2014
yuncka:

Will dey call it bad atitude wen U r chokin?
grin grin grin
Re: When To Drink Water During Meals by Nobody: 8:58am On Oct 03, 2014
I drink water when I feel like.
Re: When To Drink Water During Meals by Nobody: 9:39am On Oct 03, 2014
When ever I feel like it, I gulp down satisfying mouthful. I don't drink before I eat. But I drink when I eat and after.
Re: When To Drink Water During Meals by timpaker(m): 9:43am On Oct 03, 2014
I drink like 2 cups of water before eating, then gulp 2 cups of water while eating and lastly another 2 cups of water after eating #Boss cool
Re: When To Drink Water During Meals by lilbabyak(m): 3:41pm On Oct 03, 2014
Beside water makes me lose my appetite
Re: When To Drink Water During Meals by malachytochukwu(m): 1:11am On Oct 04, 2014
The volume of water u drink during meal shud depend on the content of the meal. When the meal is predominantly a carbohydrate, u can take as much water as u can. This is because an alkaline medium is the most suitable medium for carbohydrate digestion as the enzymes that catabolize this, function optimally at a PH greater than 7. So high volume of water is needed to dilute the acidic stomach thus making room for an emergence of an alkaline medium in the stomach,consequently,carbohydrate digestion is favored. However, wen the food is predominantly proteinous, u will hav to drink less water. This is because am acidic medium is needed for an effective enzyme activity that will result in complete protein digestion. This implies that taking less water will leave the stomach medium in its naturally acidic form, a condition that favors protein digesting enzymes, while taking more water dilutes the stomach medium which is not good enough for the enzymes that digest protein. In summary, take more water wen the food is eba,yam, rice etc, and take less water wen the food contains more of meat, fish, beans, etc.
Re: When To Drink Water During Meals by starlingbawa(m): 8:47pm On Oct 04, 2014
I make it a point of duty to drink water 30 - 40 minutes after eating. Some folks say it's best for digestion but then I don't know how true that is.

1 Like

Re: When To Drink Water During Meals by jachi001(f): 4:41am On Oct 31, 2014
Its ideal to drink water 15 to 30 minutes before meals, and not during or after.
If you drink water with or after food, it increases stomach volume, makes its contractions more difficult, and dilutes gastric juices all of which slow down digestion.
Re: When To Drink Water During Meals by Nobody: 7:59am On Oct 31, 2014
I drink water inbetween and after.
Re: When To Drink Water During Meals by yinkuscious(m): 8:16am On Oct 31, 2014
Seriously, I drink water before meal and during meal. Sometimes the water is more than the food
Re: When To Drink Water During Meals by zyzxx(m): 10:40am On Oct 31, 2014
Tannie:
I read somewhere thatt water should be taken 30mins before meal.
so while eating he/she can't take anymore water ?
#just asking
Re: When To Drink Water During Meals by zyzxx(m): 10:41am On Oct 31, 2014
chibwike:
Well i take water consecutively as i eat, they said its a bad attitude, and m trying to stop it
u are like my bro, 1 spoon, follows water. But d guy get big stomach
Re: When To Drink Water During Meals by zyzxx(m): 10:43am On Oct 31, 2014
yinkuscious:
Seriously, I drink water before meal and during meal. Sometimes the water is more than the food
big stomach cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy

(1) (Reply)

Mega Chicken Is The Best Restaurant In Lagos / See What I Bought In The Market For Just 2k. Is Nigeria Getting Better? / See The Fried Rice Take Away I Bought For N1,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.