Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

AIG Mbu: Yes He Is The Man We Need, Support HIM! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AIG Mbu: Yes He Is The Man We Need, Support HIM! (1121 Views)

AIG Mbu Orders Arrest Of 50 Police Officers For Dressing Shabbily. / AIG Mbu In Mild Drama At Lekki Toll Plaza / Nobody Can Intimidate Us, Oba Of Lagos Warns AIG Mbu (2) (3) (4)

AIG Mbu: Yes He Is The Man We Need, Support HIM! by dtruth3(m): 9:35am On Oct 03, 2014
we need people lik Mbu to tame the excesses of some un-cultured journalists.

My first question is;

* is it right for a trained journalist to go about calling people names? What happened to the age long investigative journalism?

* Does being a journalist give you the right or immunity to tarnish other peoples image in public?

Honestly, everything is just upside down in Nigeria. Just few days ago, they (journalists) went about collecting bribes from someone to kill a story. And we still call them journalists!

Take or leave it, whether it's AIT, channels, NTA, CoreTV,etc As a media house, where your right stops is where another ones right begins.

Whether you are a reporter, a presenter, or a journalist, you have no right in any guise, to slander or assassinate peoples character.

You may argue it's your constitutional right to freely express yourself (freedom of expression), but note: that right does not include the right to convey such expression to the public if it's damaging! Because where your right stops, is where my own BEGINS.
Re: AIG Mbu: Yes He Is The Man We Need, Support HIM! by MORNDEW(m): 9:41am On Oct 03, 2014
You are the worst thing to come out of nairaland. Do you think this is milliyary regime? May u be unjustly arrested. Ur likes need not be present in social media. Wht sense do u think u ve made above.

Re: AIG Mbu: Yes He Is The Man We Need, Support HIM! by MORNDEW(m): 9:43am On Oct 03, 2014
Mbu is a controvercial man he shud come nd and arrest me.

Re: AIG Mbu: Yes He Is The Man We Need, Support HIM! by egift(m): 9:45am On Oct 03, 2014
[img]http://3.bp..com/-P1ROEWugBew/UtzkF1MPgcI/AAAAAAAAGv0/MhB_KorDoPw/s1600/Patience+Jonathan+and+Mbu.jpg[/img]

OP is one of those you hear, and you will lose hope in humanity. I mean how can someone support a Public servant (who executes the Law), clamping down innocent Journalist for using the word "controversial".

If Mbu is offended, the law demands he sue. But he rather start muscling Nigerians, just because the wife of the president is using him as a foot-mat.

Re: AIG Mbu: Yes He Is The Man We Need, Support HIM! by kokoA(m): 9:50am On Oct 03, 2014
Op, you don't have a brain.

Re: AIG Mbu: Yes He Is The Man We Need, Support HIM! by dadarupees(m): 9:52am On Oct 03, 2014
Op I just dey look u

Re: AIG Mbu: Yes He Is The Man We Need, Support HIM! by dtruth3(m): 9:53am On Oct 03, 2014
[quote

author=egift][img]http://3.bp..com/-P1ROEWugBew/UtzkF1MPgcI/AAAAAAAAGv0/MhB_KorDoPw/s1600/Patience+Jonathan+and+Mbu.jpg[/img]

OP
is one of those you hear, and you will lose hope in humanity. I mean
how can someone support a Public servant (who executes the Law),
clamping down innocent Journalist for using the word "controversial".

If Mbu is offended, the law demands he sue. But he rather start muscling
Nigerians, just because the wife of the president is using him as a
foot-mat.[/quote]

chei see reasoning! please what criteria do u use in measuring the word "innocent", someone that assasinated another persons character!
Re: AIG Mbu: Yes He Is The Man We Need, Support HIM! by worthytalk: 9:54am On Oct 03, 2014
Mbu is the man.
Re: AIG Mbu: Yes He Is The Man We Need, Support HIM! by Omen100(m): 9:55am On Oct 03, 2014
I hope say una dey see Mbu, na?

Re: AIG Mbu: Yes He Is The Man We Need, Support HIM! by MORNDEW(m): 10:00am On Oct 03, 2014
Mbu is a controversial man he shud com nd arrest me.

Re: AIG Mbu: Yes He Is The Man We Need, Support HIM! by egift(m): 10:00am On Oct 03, 2014
dtruth3: chei see reasoning! please what criteria do u use in measuring the word "innocent", someone that assasinated another persons character!

1. If anyone say Mr. Mbu is Controversial, that is a fact.
2. If Mr. Mbu feels he is insulted, he should sue the journalist.

He has no right whatsoever to be the Judge and the Executioner in his own case. What he has done is an abuse of power - If not for Jonathan and his wife protecting Mbu, he should be punished appropriately. And for you being here drumming support for him, you deserve to be flogged in the market square.

Re: AIG Mbu: Yes He Is The Man We Need, Support HIM! by MORNDEW(m): 10:01am On Oct 03, 2014
If people like the Op is allowed to walk free in dis country, den Bokoharam is a small case.

Re: AIG Mbu: Yes He Is The Man We Need, Support HIM! by size38: 10:02am On Oct 03, 2014
This is what most of us have been complaining b4 now. Mbu is doing what he is doing because PDP supports impunity. The Level of Impunity under this administration is getting out of hand. When Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers state was complaining about the character of Mbu, many people on NL were abusing Rotimi Amaechi. But today, tongues are wagging condemning Joseph Mbu's actions. Let's stop supporting lawlessness and impunity in this country. Is Mbu's recent action not justified what governor Amaechi has been talking? If mbu or those in power that supports him continue like this, one day it could me, you or even our own relations and parents.

Re: AIG Mbu: Yes He Is The Man We Need, Support HIM! by dtruth3(m): 10:03am On Oct 03, 2014
[quote
author=MORNDEW]You are the worst thing to come out of nairaland. Do you
think this is milliyary regime? May u be unjustly arrested. Ur likes
need not be present in social media. Wht sense do u think u ve made
above.[/quote]

you have neither made any since too. arguements can only be countered by superior arguments, not by insults.
Re: AIG Mbu: Yes He Is The Man We Need, Support HIM! by dtruth3(m): 10:15am On Oct 03, 2014
All i can see here are anti AIG Mbu and anti PDP attack dogs.

Please sir AIG Mbu, carry on with your professional duty, majority of Nigerians are behind you

*logs out of the thread immediately before i am attacked with A.K 47 and bombs* !!
Re: AIG Mbu: Yes He Is The Man We Need, Support HIM! by MORNDEW(m): 10:20am On Oct 03, 2014
dtruth3:

you have neither made any since too. arguements can only be countered by superior arguments, not by insults.
wht argument do u wnt me to engage with a mo.ron Dat supports unjust arrest of a journalist dat used a word dat has been used everywhere nd so many times. A word dat its dictionary meaning is undiputable. That ur conscience nd dat of the Op is swalowed by dogs does not mean ours is nt intact.

Re: AIG Mbu: Yes He Is The Man We Need, Support HIM! by thebloodykiller: 10:21am On Oct 03, 2014
egift: [img]http://3.bp..com/-P1ROEWugBew/UtzkF1MPgcI/AAAAAAAAGv0/MhB_KorDoPw/s1600/Patience+Jonathan+and+Mbu.jpg[/img]

OP is one of those you hear, and you will lose hope in humanity. I mean how can someone support a Public servant (who executes the Law), clamping down innocent Journalist for using the word "controversial".

If Mbu is offended, the law demands he sue. But he rather start muscling Nigerians, just because the wife of the president is using him as a foot-mat.

otu nne i

Re: AIG Mbu: Yes He Is The Man We Need, Support HIM! by thebloodykiller: 10:23am On Oct 03, 2014
MORNDEW:
wht argument do u wnt me to engage with a mo.ron Dat supports unjust arrest of a journalist dat used a word dat has been used everywhere nd so many times. A word dat its dictionary meaning is undiputable. That ur conscience nd dat of the Op is swalowed by dogs does not mean ours is nt intact.

otu nne i

Re: AIG Mbu: Yes He Is The Man We Need, Support HIM! by hardywaltz(m): 10:28am On Oct 03, 2014
Chie..
How I wish Mbu was the CP incharge of Abuja during the Yaradua saga. By now Turia would have been declared President and this clueless fellow we currently have would still be shitting in his pants as Vp.
Re: AIG Mbu: Yes He Is The Man We Need, Support HIM! by yorke1: 10:30am On Oct 03, 2014
I totally agree with you Op. Those journalists sometimes think freedom of expression means freedom to tarnish the image of someone and go free. I like the way Mbu dealt with the ediot. I believe next time he will get his report right.

Re: AIG Mbu: Yes He Is The Man We Need, Support HIM! by feedthenation(m): 10:33am On Oct 03, 2014
An indeed controversial high ranking Nigeria police officer, Joseph Mbu, has ordered the arrest and detention of a journalist for describing him as “controversial” on a TV programme.
The journalist, Amaechi Anakwe, a reporter cum presenter for the African Independent Television, AIT, was detained Thursday morning after he reported at the Zone 7 police headquarters in Abuja, on the invitation of Mr. Mbu.
Mr. Mbu had demanded to see the journalist shortly after he described him as controversial on a TV programme on his station, Matters Arising.
Mr. Anakwe’s colleague told PREMIUM TIMES the police officer sent in the first call for the reporter last Friday.
It was turned down on technicalities after the media house complained the letter inviting Mr. Anakwe was addressed to the reporter in his personal capacity.
A subsequent invitation was served on the media house on Monday.
Mr. Anakwe and the Chief security Officer of the AIT were subsequently dispatched to see Mr. Mbu on Tuesday.
After a long wait for the police officer who was said to be in the presidential villa, both men were asked to report back the following day.
Mr. Anakwe was seized on their second visit.
“I think it has to do with the culture and level of impunity that Mbu has been allowed to exhibit right from his days as police commissioner in Rivers state to today,” Imoni Mac-Amarere, Executive Director, News and Current Affairs at AIT, said.
Spokesperson of the Zone 7 police command, which Mr. Mbu now heads, could not be reached for comments.
But the overall spokesperson for the Nigeria Police, Emmanuel Ojukwu, told PREMIUM TIMES the issue has been “resolved”.
When asked if it is right for journalists to be arbitrarily detained by the police, he said: “I am saying we have resolved the issues. That’s all!”
Mr. Mbu, recently promoted to the rank of Assistant Inspector General, was a former commissioner of police in the Niger Delta state of Rivers.
He was pulled out of Rivers to head the Abuja police command – shorty before his promotion – after he had protracted face-off with that state’s governor who accused him of siding with the presidency and the ruling Peoples Democratic Party to undermine him.
Both Mr. Mbu and the Rivers governor, Rotimi Amaechi, recently tore at each other publicly with the later accusing the the police officer of unpatriotic allegiance to the wife of the president, Patience Jonathan. That comment was in reaction to Mr. Mbu’s who described himself as a lion who tamed the governor, a leopard.
“I cannot understand why an individual like Mbu is allowed to remain in the police to continue to tarnish the image of the force and its officers. It’s unbelievable!” Mr. Amarere told PREMIUM TIMES when asked of the implications of Mr. Mbu’s detention of his colleague.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/168969-controversial-police-aig-mbu-detains-ait-journalist-for-describing-him-as-controversial.html

Re: AIG Mbu: Yes He Is The Man We Need, Support HIM! by dtruth3(m): 10:40am On Oct 03, 2014
MORNDEW: If people like the Op is allowed to walk free in dis country, den Bokoharam is a small case.
Ara na'enweghi Nne na Nna gba 'gbukwa gi. onye Ori
Re: AIG Mbu: Yes He Is The Man We Need, Support HIM! by mainheart(m): 10:48am On Oct 03, 2014
if I have my way I will appoint AIG mbu as the IG of police, then vote somebody of his character as the President. we Nigerians need such

Re: AIG Mbu: Yes He Is The Man We Need, Support HIM! by FrankC3: 11:31am On Oct 03, 2014
I learnt that Mbu caused the guy to be detained (the law backs him to detain for at most 48 hours) and has charged him to court. I don't think any legal law has been broken yet, though Mbu seem to have broken some moral law and stands indicted in the court of public opinion. The Mbu that we know does not really care as long as the legal angle is covered.

But one important question I would like to ask the APC supporters who are opposed to Mbu's action because of his 'fight' with their own Gov Amaechi, how exactly is what Mbu did any different from what Buhari had done and will still likely do if he becomes President?
Re: AIG Mbu: Yes He Is The Man We Need, Support HIM! by dtruth3(m): 11:32am On Oct 03, 2014
Journalism as a profession is very unique, very respectful and sacrosanct. but some of this lazy journalists have only come to desecrate it.

Perhaps the only way they could get attention, is to assassinate other peoples character.

I wonder what they are being taught at the University theses days!

Please AIG Mbu, we need more scapegoats!

Some Good Things GEJ Has Done In The Past 6 Years / Mark Weeps As Constituents Purchase Nomination Form For Him / Nigeria Under A Cloud Of Shame- Soyinka