Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,413 members, 7,808,472 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

Inter Ethnic Wedding Dress, Which Is Right? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Inter Ethnic Wedding Dress, Which Is Right? (957 Views)

Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage / Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? / Advantages And Disadvantages Of Inter-tribal Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inter Ethnic Wedding Dress, Which Is Right? by Years(m): 9:38am On Oct 03, 2014
How do I get this right? My wedding ceremony is coming up few weeks from now Buh I have a problem with dressing in the right attire. This is an inter ethnic traditional wedding, and I was told by the bride's family to dress in their native dress Buh I don't want to wear another tribe's attire because I feel I should be in my own attire as well show casing were I'm from which is the main essences of the union (two diff tribes coming together).
But since I know little about inter ethnic weddings I really want your candid opinion and experience on how's it's done. Thanks
Re: Inter Ethnic Wedding Dress, Which Is Right? by Spicylate(f): 9:50am On Oct 03, 2014
well for the first part, you can wear the brides attire and the second part yours.
Re: Inter Ethnic Wedding Dress, Which Is Right? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Oct 03, 2014
I don't know a thing about inter-ethnic weddings but I think you should dress in your desired attire. And your wife in hers. It's your wedding after all.
Re: Inter Ethnic Wedding Dress, Which Is Right? by Years(m): 7:29pm On Oct 03, 2014
Spicylate: well for the first part, you can wear the brides attire and the second part yours.

I don't actually know about parts in traditional weddings Buh I intend to perform the traditional rights in the morning while church wedding will start by noon. So I might not have the privilege of changing cloths
Buh thAnks for the insight
Re: Inter Ethnic Wedding Dress, Which Is Right? by Years(m): 7:42pm On Oct 03, 2014
Ceasar1: I don't know a thing about inter-ethnic weddings but I think you should dress in your desired attire. And your wife in hers. It's your wedding after all.
Exactly what I thought Buh I'm just been attacked from both families of what is norm and what's traditional that's my issue here .

(1) (Reply)

A Man Sleeping In His Inlaw's House....how Do You See It In Your Place / (Photo)have You Ever Heard Of This Tribe In Nigeria!!! / Photos: Oba Of Lagos And Other Traditional Rulers Attend Yoruba Day In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.