Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,851 members, 7,806,401 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) (74222 Views)

Ten Things Nigerian Neighbors Share Together / See What A Lady Posted About Husbands & Wife Battery: Women Do You Agree? / "Pastor" Kisses Women's Derrière So They Can Find Husbands (viewer's discretion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Nobody: 5:53am On Oct 04, 2014
grin****strolls into thread**** singing " life oh life ooooohhhh life oh lifeEeee...... grin
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by lonngmann(m): 6:03am On Oct 04, 2014
oko wan lode o!
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by erabe(m): 6:05am On Oct 04, 2014
How else should they search for husband?
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by jasper83: 6:23am On Oct 04, 2014
Nice post...
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Nobody: 6:24am On Oct 04, 2014
mentorandfriend: Novice.
You are the novice here.
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Nobody: 6:26am On Oct 04, 2014
erabe: How else should they search for husband?

smileygoogle search work fastersad
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by eleko1: 6:28am On Oct 04, 2014
sad*Drag her out,pour cold ice water on her head to relieved her*
missdebs: lmao *falls into soakaway*.....op u haff expose us,not fair
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by makzeze: 6:36am On Oct 04, 2014
oluwadanie1: *just passing by*
I don't have any business with this yet.
Am still 17
then get out of the family section and go to education section.

1 Like

Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by damola57: 6:39am On Oct 04, 2014
U got it all.
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by mentorandfriend(m): 6:41am On Oct 04, 2014
donpeey22: You are the novice here.
Lol. I agree. But if that your post above is still somewhere in your head, pls delete it sharp sharp abeg o.
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by beginers: 6:41am On Oct 04, 2014
we all know women are ''very'' many than men, so, one woman per man can't make all women get married. Now, 99.9% of men are ready to have more wife. Automatically, many women will remain unmarried till the eternity,but this sadens me but there is nothing I can do to help them. I can only appeal to men on their behalf that we should try to understand that it was God that made it in this way, why can't we value it then by taking more than one?-but men are not that strong and brave to do just that, it's shame.

1 Like

Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by eleko1: 6:42am On Oct 04, 2014
angry grin embarassed cheesy grin sadUndilluted truth.Desperate times call for desperate measures.Does of U dat patronised hookup/badoos girls,make sure una collect una used condom and if possible una should shower together and make sure she wash away all d deposit sperm in her cunt.A word is enuf for d wise
swagloverss: "Statistics show that only 3% of single women of marriageable age in Nigeria are undisturbed by their lack of a spouse! The other 97% would do just about anything to become Mrs. Somebody''.

As we read on, we are going to see some rather unorthodox things Nigerian women will do in their quest to bag a husband! Some are bizarre, some are skanky and some are downright sad but if you are willing to try anything and getting a husband is the only activity left on your bucket list, you might want to try a few! (Men beware).

In no particular order:

1)Snatching a friend or relation's man.
All is fair in love and war! Rumor has it that women have resorted to locking their phones, hiding their men and coding their gist from so-called friends because it's a jungle out there.

2)Re-inventing themselves.
Pretence is the order of the day. No man wants to tame the shrew or teach the inexperienced or make an honest woman out of a dishonest one so once marriage is desired, women package themselves in pseudo, ready-made, easy-to-use, highly desirable packages. After marriage, what you see is what you get!

3)Trapping with pregnancy.
This used to be the old school method of getting a man to propose. From skipping the pill to seducing the man or getting him drunk when she was ovulating, a woman usually knew she had the man where she wanted him once she missed her period even if there was no commitment. Now the guys are saying YES to baby mamas and YES to child support. Are the girls deterred? NO! The girls have stepped up their game by involving the parents and you know parents don't like scandals

4)Praying & Fasting.
This would presumably be an honorable means of obtaining a husband but sometimes the prayers are offered up to deities other than God & other times it becomes a song permanently.
Taking his photograph to Cele church for a prophetess to pray over or a powerful Alfa. Heard it works like charm.
Taking his spérm, hair or personal effects to Babalawo. Guys, disposing of your condoms yourself is not such a bad idea.

5)Outright Jazz!
My friend recently gisted me about how a tied up, live pigeon had been discovered in a friend's sister-in-law's box. The woman confessed to using jazz and said she hadn't been sure if the guy would actually propose so she took the necessary precautions.

6)Putting love potion in his food!
This is classic and timeless but shouldn't it be called a compelling potion? Because in this case, love na by force!

7)Proposing to a guy!
Yes it does happen (Who wears the engagement ring?) Toasting a man's family so they make the decision for him! A friend complained that a girl he detested had over the months gotten close to his family. Lavishing on them, cooking for them and basically being their go-to girl and now his mum had put her foot down that he had to break up with his girlfriend and marry little-miss-went-home-to-mama depending on how much power the family wields, their word may be final.

coolAsking daddy to get them a husband!
If daddy's a big shot, arranging a husband for you is usually as easy as pie and some men would sell their souls for a large chunk of daddy's money so both parties are happy.

9)Being the man's maga!
Some women believe that when you finally get a man to be interested in you, spoiling him and overlooking his every fault would get you into a white gown faster than an okada. Some men don't mind a woman who houses them, clothes them, feeds them, gives them pocket money, never gets upset with them even when they misbehave and cleans up after them with little or no contribution from them living the dream

10)Giving him unlimited freedom.
Tell me I am number one baby; tell me I am the future mother of your kids and not Amina, Bisi or Ngozi. Women used to want to be the one AND ONLY in their man's life, now being the number one is good enough.

11)Polishing up a low class, barely educated brother in exchange for a ring!
The deal is simple, you send your cleaner, gateman or driver to night school, you give him language lessons, you take him to buy some new clothes and deodorant and teach him to call you honey instead of madam and in exchange, he gets to marry you, share an expensive bedroom and never worry about his bills ever again!

12)Revamping you.
Change your wardrobe, lose 20kg, buy a truckload of Brazilian hair, study the karma-sutra, do an angioplasty and change the age on your birth-certificate to read 22. Botox, plastic surgery, a compulsory gym membership and a body magic also indicated!

13)Becoming a worker in church!
Rumour has it that men go to church to marry, the same rumour also reveals that Greeters Ushers and Lead Soloists have the best exposure. Praise the Lord!

14)Moving to a new town or part of town
This always peaks the men's interest and at the same time you get to run away from your past and the old maid labels!

15)Going for deliverance
Going for deliverance from a spirit husband and sowing a big marriage seed in church! Giving your possessions to the poor, giving a sacrificial offering or just giving one thing to God that would make you weep.

16)Abandoning hopes, dreams and ambitions!
I've heard people say that women looking for a prince charming live unrealistic dreams, virgins are old-school, overly educated women are proud, rich women are not submissive, ambitious women are conceited, women with demanding jobs won't have time for their families, women who want a faithful man are deluded and women who don't get pregnant before wedlock have something wrong with their plumbing! So forsake the masters, don't even dream of a PhD, quit your job, give away all your money and surely a husband will come.

17)Outright Desperation
And if all the above fails, they marry a married man!
He could be your friend's husband, your sister's husband, your cousin's husband, your colleague's husband, even your mother's husband if possible.

Can you blame these women? The average guy has commitment phobia or is out to play till he is all spent before he settles down or is waiting to make his first 5 million before saying I do. Even a man with no future ambition or class, much less finances still knows he could have his pick of the best women out there, once he announces he is looking to settle!

''The last census showed a female-dominated demographic with more women per eligible bachelor.
Family and society constantly put the woman in hot water making her personal successes irrelevant till she bags a man''.
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Toks2008(m): 6:43am On Oct 04, 2014
Isaiah 4:1 New International Version (NIV)

1 In that day seven women will take hold of one man and say, “We will eat our own food and provide our own clothes; only let us be called by your name. Take away our disgrace!”

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by victorv12(m): 6:43am On Oct 04, 2014
Nigeria women has suffered...Poverty of the mind has finished them all. They go all out when they need a man to settle with. They're too desperate!

4 Likes

Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by victorv12(m): 6:43am On Oct 04, 2014
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Owoplenty(m): 6:46am On Oct 04, 2014
O man! I'm scared.
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Toks2008(m): 6:47am On Oct 04, 2014
victorv12: Nigeria women has suffered...Poverty of the mind has finished them all. They go all out when they need a man to settle with. They're too desperate!

And i can bet most of them probably have had ample opportunity to settle down in the past but their crazy high standard as regards the criteria they want in a man probably detered them.

Until our Nigerian ladies learn to love for the right reason,this menance will continue.

2 Likes

Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by buJu234: 6:50am On Oct 04, 2014
Op

u dont knw how it hurts to have females friends who re over due for marriage but no men to marry.

I think a peaceful polygamy like wat our fore fathers practices will solve this problem. The population of women has always been higher from time immemorial But polygamy solved it. From David to Solomon etc

Have u ever asked with abt 1000 wives of Solomon d bible didn't complain that there were shortages of women?

I think women should learn to love themselves and not being selfish then a peaceful polygamous home will work.

One man one woman is not Jesus teaching but paul. Also its not d Torah Teaching but westerners. ..

Can u see their divorce rate today... is that wat d Torah said...

1 Like

Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Nobody: 6:50am On Oct 04, 2014
They also add a guy they like as friends on facebook, get ur phone number and start calling 24/7 asking all the time: 'Hav u eaten? What did u eat?' Smh

2 Likes

Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by dapsy4u2(m): 6:50am On Oct 04, 2014
The kingdom of being married suffereth VIOLENCE and only the wise, sharp single lady (VIOLENT) taketh it by force hence the measures posted by the OP smiley
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Ojizy1(m): 6:51am On Oct 04, 2014
i remembered when i was 19 years and i was dating a lady of 32..she don't even care whether am 19..she wanted us to get married i had to run for my life
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Toks2008(m): 6:52am On Oct 04, 2014
Even more disheartening is yhe fact that the few married ones are quick to hop out of their marriage and i just marvel.

Please help me ask them. Is it these set of scarce men the never married ladies are clamouring for that they also want to pick from after divorcing their hubby?

Honestly it is a sad situation.

2 Likes

Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Nobody: 6:55am On Oct 04, 2014
cococandy:
This is a lie
I am sure you haven't read about the survival chances of the xx and xy chromosomes, but you should have known that more men than women are exposed to early death by accident, war etc. Average life expectancy for men is lower than that of women, or do you think those that gave the figures are foolish.?
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Sammy785uk(m): 6:56am On Oct 04, 2014
parismarc: All these would stop the day the Nigerian society stops looking down on single ladies.[quote]

Reading all the treads so far, I guesss we all have one thing in common 'STEREOTYPING NIGERIA'! Folks, it is high time we stop downsizing ourselves. All those highlighted points are all happening around us all over the world. And we can't just point the accusing fingers on our country alone because of the menance of the world at large.
It is the name we called ourselves at home that people outside'll call us.
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Toks2008(m): 6:56am On Oct 04, 2014
Ojizy1: i remembered when i was 19 years and i was dating a lady of 32..she don't even care whether am 19..she wanted us to get married i had to run for my life

Show me one matured lady who says she does not need a man in her life and i eill show you a disillusioned hypocritical fool.

That is the way GOD has made us,when its time to get married,we must feel incomplete until we find a partner.

Many ladies who say they dont need a man will still end up keeping male compaby,chT with male friends and even get laid yet will be singing "i dont need a man" who is fooling who?

4 Likes

Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by fulanigirl(f): 6:59am On Oct 04, 2014
MadCow1:

Where is the sauce?

Tomato or barbeque?
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by tbagjames(m): 7:01am On Oct 04, 2014
All those ushers in church always putting on their best cloths and high heels when they know they have to do alot of walking around.......... There is God
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Karleb(m): 7:04am On Oct 04, 2014
eliment: The fact is the number of women outstrips the men in our society

You might be right, but that's not the reason our sisters undecided don't get married on time or so they claim. undecided

Their reason is that they're no marriageble men around, you could ask your sister if you think say na lie.
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Dexema(m): 7:06am On Oct 04, 2014
donpeey22: Nigerian society also look down on eligible single men, why don't such men get so desperate like single ladies would?
I think the only difference that makes ladies/Women desperate is their Biological clock which keeps ticking thereby making child bearing less likely and less safe.

1 Like

Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Nobody: 7:10am On Oct 04, 2014
mentorandfriend: Lol. I agree. But if that your post above is still somewhere in your head, pls delete it sharp sharp abeg o.
My post is the truth and nothing but the truth. This is how the pressure goes:
Biology > ladies
Ladies(society)> men.
So you see, society(desperate ladies inclusive) puts more pressure on men to get married.

1 Like

Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by sunnyotunsman: 7:10am On Oct 04, 2014
It's all about their comfort.

1 Like

Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by oyinzy(m): 7:13am On Oct 04, 2014
swagloverss: "Statistics show that only 3% of single women of marriageable age in Nigeria are undisturbed by their lack of a spouse! The other 97% would do just about anything to become Mrs. Somebody''.

As we read on, we are going to see some rather unorthodox things Nigerian women will do in their quest to bag a husband! Some are bizarre, some are skanky and some are downright sad but if you are willing to try anything and getting a husband is the only activity left on your bucket list, you might want to try a few! (Men beware).

In no particular order:

1)Snatching a friend or relation's man.
All is fair in love and war! Rumor has it that women have resorted to locking their phones, hiding their men and coding their gist from so-called friends because it's a jungle out there.

2)Re-inventing themselves.
Pretence is the order of the day. No man wants to tame the shrew or teach the inexperienced or make an honest woman out of a dishonest one so once marriage is desired, women package themselves in pseudo, ready-made, easy-to-use, highly desirable packages. After marriage, what you see is what you get!

3)Trapping with pregnancy.
This used to be the old school method of getting a man to propose. From skipping the pill to seducing the man or getting him drunk when she was ovulating, a woman usually knew she had the man where she wanted him once she missed her period even if there was no commitment. Now the guys are saying YES to baby mamas and YES to child support. Are the girls deterred? NO! The girls have stepped up their game by involving the parents and you know parents don't like scandals

4)Praying & Fasting.
This would presumably be an honorable means of obtaining a husband but sometimes the prayers are offered up to deities other than God & other times it becomes a song permanently.
Taking his photograph to Cele church for a prophetess to pray over or a powerful Alfa. Heard it works like charm.
Taking his spérm, hair or personal effects to Babalawo. Guys, disposing of your condoms yourself is not such a bad idea.

5)Outright Jazz!
My friend recently gisted me about how a tied up, live pigeon had been discovered in a friend's sister-in-law's box. The woman confessed to using jazz and said she hadn't been sure if the guy would actually propose so she took the necessary precautions.

6)Putting love potion in his food!
This is classic and timeless but shouldn't it be called a compelling potion? Because in this case, love na by force!

7)Proposing to a guy!
Yes it does happen (Who wears the engagement ring?) Toasting a man's family so they make the decision for him! A friend complained that a girl he detested had over the months gotten close to his family. Lavishing on them, cooking for them and basically being their go-to girl and now his mum had put her foot down that he had to break up with his girlfriend and marry little-miss-went-home-to-mama depending on how much power the family wields, their word may be final.

coolAsking daddy to get them a husband!
If daddy's a big shot, arranging a husband for you is usually as easy as pie and some men would sell their souls for a large chunk of daddy's money so both parties are happy.

9)Being the man's maga!
Some women believe that when you finally get a man to be interested in you, spoiling him and overlooking his every fault would get you into a white gown faster than an okada. Some men don't mind a woman who houses them, clothes them, feeds them, gives them pocket money, never gets upset with them even when they misbehave and cleans up after them with little or no contribution from them living the dream

10)Giving him unlimited freedom.
Tell me I am number one baby; tell me I am the future mother of your kids and not Amina, Bisi or Ngozi. Women used to want to be the one AND ONLY in their man's life, now being the number one is good enough.

11)Polishing up a low class, barely educated brother in exchange for a ring!
The deal is simple, you send your cleaner, gateman or driver to night school, you give him language lessons, you take him to buy some new clothes and deodorant and teach him to call you honey instead of madam and in exchange, he gets to marry you, share an expensive bedroom and never worry about his bills ever again!

12)Revamping you.
Change your wardrobe, lose 20kg, buy a truckload of Brazilian hair, study the karma-sutra, do an angioplasty and change the age on your birth-certificate to read 22. Botox, plastic surgery, a compulsory gym membership and a body magic also indicated!

13)Becoming a worker in church!
Rumour has it that men go to church to marry, the same rumour also reveals that Greeters Ushers and Lead Soloists have the best exposure. Praise the Lord!

14)Moving to a new town or part of town
This always peaks the men's interest and at the same time you get to run away from your past and the old maid labels!

15)Going for deliverance
Going for deliverance from a spirit husband and sowing a big marriage seed in church! Giving your possessions to the poor, giving a sacrificial offering or just giving one thing to God that would make you weep.

16)Abandoning hopes, dreams and ambitions!
I've heard people say that women looking for a prince charming live unrealistic dreams, virgins are old-school, overly educated women are proud, rich women are not submissive, ambitious women are conceited, women with demanding jobs won't have time for their families, women who want a faithful man are deluded and women who don't get pregnant before wedlock have something wrong with their plumbing! So forsake the masters, don't even dream of a PhD, quit your job, give away all your money and surely a husband will come.

17)Outright Desperation
And if all the above fails, they marry a married man!
He could be your friend's husband, your sister's husband, your cousin's husband, your colleague's husband, even your mother's husband if possible.

Can you blame these women? The average guy has commitment phobia or is out to play till he is all spent before he settles down or is waiting to make his first 5 million before saying I do. Even a man with no future ambition or class, much less finances still knows he could have his pick of the best women out there, once he announces he is looking to settle!

''The last census showed a female-dominated demographic with more women per eligible bachelor.
Family and society constantly put the woman in hot water making her personal successes irrelevant till she bags a man''.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Stereotype About Only Sons / My Dad Died Because He Slept With A Married Woman / Men Can You Do This For Your Wife Or Girlfriend? Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.