Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,863 members, 7,798,877 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

What Language Will You Speak To Your Children And Why? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Language Will You Speak To Your Children And Why? (3554 Views)

The Unique Life Of Nigerian Children And Their Parents / Your Mom Or Dad: Who Do You Speak Often With? / Children And Their Parent's unclothedness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Language Will You Speak To Your Children And Why? by Olutola88(m): 9:12pm On Nov 11, 2014
smartmom:

No way!!!!
lmao!this smartmom is very funny. Just hear the way she said “No Way”
Re: What Language Will You Speak To Your Children And Why? by undisputedk: 11:14pm On Nov 11, 2014
Olutola88:
where and how will they learn their native language or it's necessary?

I wouldn't wanna derail the topic, else wuda asked ' is it really necessary'?
Re: What Language Will You Speak To Your Children And Why? by Olutola88(m): 8:02am On Nov 12, 2014
undisputedk:

I wouldn't wanna derail the topic, else wuda asked ' is it really necessary'?
lmao! Why do you think preserving our identity or propagating our culture is overrated?
Re: What Language Will You Speak To Your Children And Why? by undisputedk: 10:55am On Nov 12, 2014
Olutola88:
lmao! Why do you think preserving our identity or propagating our culture is overrated?

My dear, 'preserving culture'? Don't tell me you are an advocate of that poop.
Now lemme ask you? Would you let your dad's younger bro remarry your mom if your dad dies? Please be sincere.
You see when it comes to preserving culture, just pick what's good for you and leave the poo to be preserved by whoever cares.! Kpish!
God bless me.
I sha don derail at last. sad
Re: What Language Will You Speak To Your Children And Why? by Olutola88(m): 11:13am On Nov 12, 2014
undisputedk:

My dear, 'preserving culture'? Don't tell me you are an advocate of that poop.
Now lemme ask you? Would you let your dad's younger bro remarry your mom if your dad dies? Please be sincere.
You see when it comes to preserving culture, just pick what's good for you and leave the poo to be preserved by whoever cares.! Kpish!
God bless me.
I sha don derail at last. sad
lmao! I Love that statement you made“Just pick what is good for you”. I'm not extremist in anything. I'm neither too conservative nor too contemporary. I just try to be logical in making choices and decisions. Even if I won't preserve any other thing about my culture, I will preserve the Language. When you want to take away a man's identity or a race's identity, first take away their Language
Re: What Language Will You Speak To Your Children And Why? by Nobody: 11:37am On Nov 12, 2014
Chinese because i want to adopt 5 chinese children cheesy
Re: What Language Will You Speak To Your Children And Why? by undisputedk: 11:47am On Nov 12, 2014
Olutola88:
lmao! I Love that statement you made“Just pick what is good for you”. I'm not extremist in anything. I'm neither too conservative nor too contemporary. I just try to be logical in making choices and decisions. Even if I won't preserve any other thing about my culture, I will preserve the Language. When you want to take away a man's identity or a race's identity, first take away their Language

"When you want
to take away a man's identity or a race's
identity, first take away their Language"

Is that a quote from the Holy scripture??
If it's not, may be irrelevant tho.... Lol.
Re: What Language Will You Speak To Your Children And Why? by osss: 3:38pm On Nov 12, 2014
Speaks English to them till 3 years, by then they are good in English and they can communicate well in school. then i leave the work of English teaching to School and concentrate in teaching them Igbo. That way they don't mix things up, though will be slow in learning it. they will understand but afraid to speak but I encourage them. worked well with my first son and his siblings are coming up well.
Re: What Language Will You Speak To Your Children And Why? by Olutola88(m): 3:44pm On Nov 12, 2014
osss:
Speaks English to them till 3 years, by then they are good in English and they can communicate well in school. then i leave the work of English teaching to School and concentrate in teaching them Igbo. That way they don't mix things up, though will be slow in learning it. they will understand but afraid to speak but I encourage them. worked well with my first son and his siblings are coming up well.
This is a new dimension from mummy osss. It sounds like a nice strategy
Re: What Language Will You Speak To Your Children And Why? by LaRoyalHighness(f): 5:31pm On Nov 12, 2014
I speak english to my children. I just want english to be their l1.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Court Dissolves 8 Months Old Marriage Over Mother-in-law’s Harassment / World’s Tallest Couple Recognized By Guinness World Records / Reasons Yoruba Men Are Dumping Yoruba Women !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.