Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,511 members, 7,808,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time (65860 Views)

(photos) Model With The Biggest Hips In Africa Releases New Photos / 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer / MTV Africa Releases Their List Of Top 20 Greatest Naija Songs Of All Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by chomaloo(m): 1:25pm On Oct 03, 2014
searay post=/post/26831226:
Wetin concern me with songs where dey cause madness. #Team Gospel Music
grin grin grin guy u min ooh.naa ur type devil dey see run four forty grin grin grin
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by LesbianBoy(m): 1:25pm On Oct 03, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Neldrizzy(m): 1:25pm On Oct 03, 2014
Africa queen is evergreen song... After more than 10yrs of release, its still topping chat!!

1 Like

Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by platz(m): 1:26pm On Oct 03, 2014
phyno
ghost mood
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Kunleskey(m): 1:28pm On Oct 03, 2014
sunnyt1 post=/post/26831529:

None of these songs was released before year 2000 and you called it the greatest Nigeria songs of all time.

Does it mean songs produced before 2000 are rubbish?
thank u jare my brother ...

1 Like

Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 03, 2014
angry angry angryWhere the fvck is Gallardo!

And tiwa savage
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by M4gunners: 1:30pm On Oct 03, 2014
Wait oh were dem put Nigeria Jaga jaga by Idris?And Mr President by African China?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by AreaFada2: 1:32pm On Oct 03, 2014
uprigtd post=/post/26831349:
Of all time Bawo? So None of Fela, Sunny Ade, Osadebee, Victor Owaifo., Ebenezer Obey and Co's song made the cut? Issorait. That's their opinion sha. #But Thats None Of My Business

The people smoke strong Ekiti/Ondo Igbo. The one with very large seeds! grin cheesy.

Can you imagine.

No Joly Papa by Rex Lawson, No African Soldier by Sunny Okosun.

Any list without at least 3 songs by Abami Eda including Zombie, Lady etc was compiled during a bout of serious collective hallucination.

Then none by Sunny Ade, No Orlando Owoh, No Obey, No Uwaifo (Joromi, Guitar boy), No Osadebe, no Shina Peters, no Majek Fashek.......

Dem think say all of us na teenagers

13 Likes

Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by pazienza(m): 1:32pm On Oct 03, 2014
sholay2011 post=/post/26831541:
Asa's 'Jailer' or any of her excellent tracks should have easily made top 5.

In my opinion, Jailer>>>>>>>>> African Queen.

I never really understood the reason for the hype behind African Queen. I would place Jailer above it too.

4 Likes

Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by princebergz(m): 1:33pm On Oct 03, 2014
This list is crap redefined...

2 Likes

Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Booty4me: 1:34pm On Oct 03, 2014
Oleku,african queen and gongoaso

Evergreen for me

1 Like

Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by tswagg007(m): 1:35pm On Oct 03, 2014
Where is faze-originality,kolomental OR terry G-free madness OR sound sultan jangbajantis...limpopo? No way
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by daryoor(m): 1:35pm On Oct 03, 2014
this list is filled of songs of the last decade,

fellow Nigerians,

is "kini big deal" bigger than tony tetulla's "you don bash my car"

or styl plus' "olufunmi"

or dagrin' "ponponpon"

p square should have like 5 tracks there (although i dont like those guys).

6 Likes

Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Mayflowa(m): 1:36pm On Oct 03, 2014
neuljosh post=/post/26831244:
Oliver Twist, that music is the bomb, the beat is just flawless. I was at one of the biggest shopping malls in world; SM Mega Mall last month, and they are rocking D'banjs' Oliver Twist and I was really impressed. Now you don't get to here naija music in Asian countries that often. Plus my friend from pacific island always talked about how African Queen was a big hit in most Pacific Countries. She said it was funny how most pacific islander was sing 'you are my African Queeeen" lol. I mean this dudes are not African and neither are the girls they were singing it to.
I say, music is indeed a universal language.

Naija representing in Music Entertainment since 1960.

I really like u. You sabi gist
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by tafrica(m): 1:39pm On Oct 03, 2014
keyzid post=/post/26831213:
Where Terry G.....Free madness grin cheesy

Abi oooo, where free madness naw?
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Orikinla(m): 1:40pm On Oct 03, 2014
THE LIST IN NOT COMPLETE WITHOUT "GREAT NATION" BY TIMI DAKOLO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2OhlyXx3kE

3 Likes

Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Richie0974: 1:40pm On Oct 03, 2014
X-project.......lorile odi gombe

2 Likes

Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Nobody: 1:40pm On Oct 03, 2014
I agree to disagree
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by adebisiolumide5(m): 1:40pm On Oct 03, 2014
Someone tell me™™ wats davido doing there? Where is MI
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Nobody: 1:40pm On Oct 03, 2014
no kolomental by faze,no mr lecturer by idris no 9ja jaga jaga by idris.no one single style plus songs.
seeing kini big deal and pakuramo there is a joke.
well MTV's opinion not mine.

1 Like

Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by akereconfi: 1:40pm On Oct 03, 2014
Sky B sad sad

1 Like

Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by AreaFada2: 1:40pm On Oct 03, 2014
We now live in a global village that's why recent songs travel quicker to distant corners of the globe, like via youtube.

Not because they have anything on great 9ja songs of Yore.

1 Like

Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by daxon001(m): 1:41pm On Oct 03, 2014
Cheks01 post=/post/26831420:
Not bad
Wat do u mean.u concur wif d list because u don't know d art of singing.u're carried away wif all d 'worthless buzz' they(except african queen)got wen they wer released.i weep 4 our music.how can they flood their list wif dese songs dat lak substance? undecided
PS:afta d guys dance ridiculously and girls shake their baksides,wat next?

2 Likes

Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Camellia(f): 1:42pm On Oct 03, 2014
mschww MTV ...biased minds...Pakuromo like y...Limpopo ke"... abeg e

1 Like

Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by orobs93(m): 1:42pm On Oct 03, 2014
2baba u be my baba all my life...

But I think...daddy showkey danfo drivers styplus should make dat list...instead of dose wack lyrics dere.

3 Likes

Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 03, 2014
M.i - safe &
Naeto c - kini big deal . . on tha list is

Non negotiable.
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by philmimi1992(m): 1:45pm On Oct 03, 2014
where is CHINKPAN by Zulezu?

1 Like

Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by hollandis(f): 1:46pm On Oct 03, 2014
Why is wande coal maga don pay

And where is flavors ashawo song?( is it the nwa baby song lol)

This is pure rigging .MTV-PDP
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by blasterman(m): 1:48pm On Oct 03, 2014
Fela music is more relevant than those songs. Ordinary Beast of No NAtion , OVertake don OVertake Overtake or Teacher dont teach me nonsense sounds a million times better than those crap u listed

1 Like

Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by blesszzy(m): 1:48pm On Oct 03, 2014
Street credibility nko
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by akpanikpe(m): 1:48pm On Oct 03, 2014
How do you categorise the meaning of Nigerian song of all time? Where is fela, suny Ade, wasiu, lagbaja, etc or the u mean Nigerian hip hop?
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by ethicalUser(m): 1:49pm On Oct 03, 2014
Bigiano - Shayo
Dbanj - Fall in love
Dbanj - why me

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Lepacious Bose Releases Throwback Photos, Says "Fat Na Bastard" / Cee-C Reacts To Throwback Photo Of Her And Ebuka At An Event Before BBNaija / Omashola Kola Oburoh And His Son, Milan Play Together (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.