Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,031 members, 7,807,062 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:06 AM

The Edos And The Rains - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Edos And The Rains (1147 Views)

The Edos / Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. / The Edos & The Children Of Israel - Born Of The Same Father! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Edos And The Rains by Nobody: 1:18pm On Oct 03, 2014
Potent and efficacious are the words to describe the prowess of the Edos when it come to rain making and control. A vast majority of the witch-doctors seem to have got this priced magical powers in their tradomedical arsenals.They can pause, play, fast-forward and even wind-drive the rain to another locality if they can't keep the clouds off the sky. This is no joke. They are good at it.

In the Esans, I once attended a wedding where the dark, heavily-clouded and unfriendly looking sky was threatening to ruin the whole thing. There was apprehension and tension in the air. It wasn't really a cool sight to behold, my new brocade was at stake and the road was a nightmare. O boy, it took just an old man to go behind a pot and have the flames never go off whilst some leaves keep getting pushed in to keep it in check.I was amazed.

Now the question is: why do fridays always have to be all rain and market days floody? Nah to come begin bribe una again?
Re: The Edos And The Rains by Neldrizzy(m): 1:45pm On Oct 03, 2014
i was told my grandfather used to control rain during burial,marriage or any other ceremony.... i didn't witnessesed it sha
Re: The Edos And The Rains by Heyliesha(m): 2:00pm On Oct 03, 2014
Ma forefathers did it,and I'm still doing it.
Re: The Edos And The Rains by overhypedsteve(m): 2:14pm On Oct 03, 2014
Nor use edom people play for rain matter oh, na for Edo na im i from see where dem dey draw boundary for where dem want make rain fall reach, for Edo state you fit stand dry for one side dey look rain as e dey fall for the other side, men Edo na strong place oh!
Well its just typical of African, nigerian ingenuity.
Re: The Edos And The Rains by Nobody: 2:43pm On Oct 03, 2014
overhypedsteve: Nor use edom people play for rain matter oh, na for Edo na im i from see where dem dey draw boundary for where dem want make rain fall reach, for Edo state you fit stand dry for one side dey look rain as e dey fall for the other side, men Edo na strong place oh!
Well its just typical of African, nigerian ingenuity.
You just said it.

I deliberately left out an experience where a nigga caused it to rain in only another's house during their burial ceremony....the neigbouring houses experienced no drizzle at all.

What pains me is why it is being used for evil.

How can it be dry for many days only to rain when it's their local market day or on fridays and saturdays when ceremonies are in full gear?!

(1) (Reply)

Boobs Are Overrated!!! Let's End This Madness / Young Girl Delivers Emotional Speech At Charlotte Citizen's Forum / 10 Bizarre Wedding Traditions From Around The World.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.