Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,842 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? (28829 Views)

If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story / How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man / Signs You're Living Beyond Your Means (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by MAYOWAAK: 11:17am On Oct 06, 2014
The Dalai Lama, when asked what surprised him most about humanity, answered “Man. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recu­perate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not en­joy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; He lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by piagetskinner(m): 11:39am On Oct 06, 2014
If we all were, maslow wouldn't have come up with 'maslow's hierarchy of needs'#im grateful to God for what I have...but he's not done with me yet
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by 007gal(f): 11:42am On Oct 06, 2014
If you need to hear God speak to you, then read HIS words the BIBLE. That is the only way you can hear Him speak to you now.
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 06, 2014
Yomieluv:
Am not,till my name is on Forbe's list,am not resting.
how about getting that name on Heaven's list?
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by kathryn24(f): 12:10pm On Oct 06, 2014
Yes I am satisfied
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Oct 06, 2014
uumm:

how about getting that name on Heaven's list?
are we talking celestial things here,common don't be too religious than the pope.
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Gudiza(m): 2:50pm On Oct 06, 2014
First, let me say the way I see it, satisfaction is not a final destination (that'll mean your death cos u expect to stop everything) but progress on a given path.

Secondly, most people in our culture (cum western culture) only think of satisfaction and success in terms of money, material stuff and pursue it vigorously (those saying satisfaction make u content, lazy etc.) This idea will only keep u chasing till u die.

To me, satisfaction comes from the inside i.e. inner joy, happiness & health, you build this up from which it flows outward. So rather than going for money hoping to get satisfaction, satisfaction gives you money. I mean money is a bonus. I see some people who have a lot of money in my environment and their lifestyle is something else! needless to say, I don't envy em.

I'm not saying money is not part of satisfaction cos it is, but its only a part & doesn't by itself guarantee satisfaction.

Lastly, for those waiting for 'God' to show them their purpose, everything you need to succeed in life has already been given you since the day u were born. So your PURPOSE is what you give yourself. I suggest you dig deep within and find what gives u joy, fills u up with satisfaction and resonates within your heart cos its through this that your fountain of money & abundance will flow. Life is meant to be truly abundant in all areas.

This is the code I TRY to live by evey single day. Am I satisfied with my way of life? #inoptimusprimevoice
HELL YEAHHH!!! grin grin

Remember, each day is a gift & not a given right, every second counts & the best things in life are truly free.

1 Like

Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by ijbeauty(f): 3:44pm On Oct 06, 2014
For me, I AM NOT, I haven't made the impact I wanna make..
I want to leave my foot prints on the sand of time.
I want to put smile on those crying faces..
I want to touch lives and give the downtrodden a reason to rise and defend themselves....

GOD knws am not satisfied yet, until I have the resources and do that which my heart yearns for, I WON'T BE SATISFIED,, so help me God!!!!!!
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by ITANAMI(m): 4:11pm On Oct 06, 2014
fabiano09:
As for me,i am fully satisfied,no regrets,looking to the future. What about you ?
Life is in phases,dats breaktru,be satisfy wit wat u av,dats contemptment,luk forward to d better future u av,dats aspiration,believe in him for he will do it,dats trust,wait for it to run,dats patience,work it out to get ur due season,dats productive labour,so u can b a better person
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by killsmith(f): 4:57pm On Oct 06, 2014
Until I have a phd in applied maths....and another phd in algebra.....
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 06, 2014
MAYOWAAK:
The Dalai Lama, when asked what surprised him most about humanity, answered “Man. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recu­perate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not en­joy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; He lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”

Very nice.
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 06, 2014
Gudiza:
First, let me say the way I see it, satisfaction is not a final destination (that'll mean your death cos u expect to stop everything) but progress on a given path.

Secondly, most people in our culture (cum weatern culture) only think of satisfaction and success in terms of money, material stuff and pursue it vigorously (those saying satisfaction make u content, lazy etc.) This idea will only keep u chasing till u die.

To me, satisfaction comes from the inside i.e. inner joy, happiness & health, you build this up from which it flows outward. So rather than going for money hoping to get satisfaction, satisfaction gives you money. I mean money is a bonus. I see some people who have a lot of money in my environment and their lifestyle is something else! needless to say, I don't envy em.

I'm not saying money is not part of satisfaction cos it is, but its only a part & doesn't by itself guarantee satisfaction.

Lastly, for those waiting for 'God' to show them their purpose, everything you need to succeed in life has already been given you since the day u were born. So your PURPOSE is what you give yourself. I suggest you dig deep within and find what gives u joy, fills u up with satisfaction and resonates within your heart cos its through this that your fountain of money & abundance will flow. Life is meant to be truly abundant in all areas.

This is the code I TRY to live by evey single day. Am I satisfied with my way of life? #inoptimusprimevoice
HELL YEAHHH!!! grin grin

Remember, each day is a gift & not a given right, every second counts & the best things in life are truly free.

Also very nice.
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by erico2k2(m): 5:59pm On Oct 06, 2014
yes, but striving to get b etter
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 06, 2014
Fantastic
fabiano09:

I assure you my dear,he speaks,but we do not listen. He speaks tru ur neighbors,ur broda,ur friend,dt stranger,dt helpless person,u just need to pay attention.
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Oct 06, 2014
phinerd:
Fantastic
Tank u
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Oct 06, 2014
Contentment is satisfaction and satisfaction is contentment. Contentment does not mean u shouldn't hope for better. Like the early rain of the Holy Spirit has come into the world on the pentecost day but we wait for the latter rain of the Spirit which d Father will sent soon to the world.
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by babtunsk(m): 7:01pm On Oct 06, 2014
Tell me how hard ur life is

Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by babtunsk(m): 7:09pm On Oct 06, 2014
Tell me how hard ur life Is

Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by koyyess: 10:26pm On Oct 06, 2014
fabiano09:
As for me,i am fully satisfied,no regrets,looking to the future. What about you ?
. Contentment can have a good and bad side to it. You should strive to do more in things that are productive,honorable and go a long way in imparting a lot of positivity in people's lives- not in things that gives you a one minute fame from the wrong crowd who don't care to know 'jack' about you when the spot light is no longer on you.
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by emmabest2000(m): 1:59am On Oct 07, 2014
theLORDreigns:

HIS Purpose for you is in HIS Word! Seek it & you will find it!

And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not. - Isaiah 58:11

And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. - Joel 2:26

A land where bread will not be scarce and you will lack nothing; a land where the rocks are iron and you can dig copper out of the hills, When you have eaten and are satisfied, praise the LORD your God for the good land he has given you. - Deuteronomy 8:9-10

For he satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness. - Psalm 107:9

The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing. - Psalm 34:10

The poor will eat and be satisfied; those who seek the LORD will praise him-- may your hearts live forever! - Psalm 22:26

Who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's. - Psalm 103:5

I will bless her with abundant provisions; her poor I will satisfy with food. - Psalm 132:15

I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint. - Jeremiah 31:25

I am the LORD your God, who brought you up out of Egypt. Open wide your mouth and I will fill it. - Psalm 81:10

They shall not hunger nor thirst; neither shall the heat nor sun smite them: for he that hath mercy on them shall lead them, even by the springs of water shall he guide them. - Isaiah 49:10

They are the ones who will dwell on the heights, whose refuge will be the mountain fortress. Their bread will be supplied, and water will not fail them. - Isaiah 33:16

Therefore this is what the Sovereign LORD says: "My servants will eat, but you will go hungry; my servants will drink, but you will go thirsty; my servants will rejoice, but you will be put to shame. - Isaiah 65:13
Some of great verses in the Book of Life .... Words of God are Life !

2 Likes

Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by tpia1: 2:28am On Oct 07, 2014
fabiano09:
You people dont get it,when i said satisfied with the life your living,i didnt mean money or achievements,as nigerians thats the only thing we think of,i meant morally,your relationship with ur family,strangers,how u treat others,happiness,contentment for being alive etc.

perhaps your question should be are you happy with yourself.

some people are constantly berating themselves over what they think might have been, instead of accepting themselves as they are.

as for me,

I’m pressing on the upward way,
New heights I’m gaining every day;
Still praying as I onward bound,
“Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.”

Lord, lift me up, and let me stand
By faith on Canaan’s tableland;
A higher plane than I have found,
Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.

My heart has no desire to stay
Where doubts arise and fears dismay;
Though some may dwell where these abound,
My prayer, my aim, is higher ground.

I want to live above the world,
Though Satan’s darts at me are hurled;
For faith has caught the joyful sound,
The song of saints on higher ground.

I want to scale the utmost height
And catch a gleam of glory bright;
But still I’ll pray till rest I’ve found,
“Lord, lead me on to higher ground.”

Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Isaiahbest(m): 11:52am On Oct 07, 2014
No am not.
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by andywaves(m): 2:08pm On Oct 07, 2014
There is no yes or no answer to this question cuz satisfaction and success are relative it means different things for different people. People should first understand that life is not a competition So stop measuring life with other people's tape rule or standards

You may not be were you want to be but understand that you are exactly were God wants to you be and no matter what you think you could have done differently you will still be exactly were you are right now.

While it ia not humanly possible to succeed in each n every endeavour how you respond to your failure matters a lot cuz u might loose the battle but win the war

Life is not a destination it is a journey you have to enjoy it each step of the way otherwise when you get to ur final destination (death) you just find out that you passed by life n you did not notice

I may not be as rich as dangote (thats why he is dangote n am not) and my name may not be on forbes list but the happiest and most satisfying, grateful part of my day is when I come home from work n my kids chorus daddy welcome! ! daddy welcome! ! No amount of money no forbes list no dangote trailer can beat that

And for pips that dont have jobs or r not married and so r not satisfied just remember life is in phases and everything is alright in the end and if it is not alright it is not the end

For me n people around me satisfaction guaranted whether na chicken n chips or na garri n groundnut its all good in the hood.

make the best of every situation your find ur self.cheers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by dljbd1(m): 12:28am On Oct 08, 2014
3cycle:

Then get married sir
First things first bro cool
First things first grin
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by urovwose: 8:47am On Oct 08, 2014
i'm not satisfied with where i am, i wil be a bit satisfied went i put those who mock me 2 shame by my achievements. But in al God b praised
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by bioye(m): 12:47pm On Oct 08, 2014
No. By the way, @op, is your question targeted towards Christians only? Because with all these references to the Bible and God, that's what it looks like to me.
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 08, 2014
I'm satisfied... playing basketball. knowing God.. getting my pay of 50k. monthly. an undergraduate. in 200 level... no stress..

1 Like

Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 08, 2014
bioye:
No. By the way, @op, is your question targeted towards Christians only? Because with all these references to the Bible and God, that's what it looks like to me.
No man,check me out am a Rasta,its directed at humanity,love is my religion,Jesus is my saviour,but i dnt judge u no matter who u serve,d pertinent question is do u love yr brother?
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by phazotron(m): 12:30am On Oct 09, 2014
if I say yes, then I'm mad.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Which Of These Childhood Treats Did You Miss? / Lovely Cakes in Lagos And Ogun State / Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.