Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,829 members, 7,802,653 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

Why Is The Bumps After Shaving With Shaving Stick? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Is The Bumps After Shaving With Shaving Stick? (4497 Views)

Shaving With No Skin Irritation / Hard Curly Hair And Shaving Bumps! Any Cure? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is The Bumps After Shaving With Shaving Stick? by OnyeEgo1(m): 3:16pm On Oct 03, 2014
But why na?

Why bumps after shaving with stick and none when being shaved with an electronic clipper....

As i dey hear now eh, i just dey swear for my self, u want try as d tin dey do me now...
Re: Why Is The Bumps After Shaving With Shaving Stick? by keandre: 3:20pm On Oct 03, 2014
idk,why,people?
Re: Why Is The Bumps After Shaving With Shaving Stick? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 03, 2014
OnyeEgo1: But why na?

Why bumps after shaving with stick and none when being shaved with an electronic clipper....

As i dey hear now eh, i just dey swear for my self, u want try as d tin dey do me now...
leme save u ,d way I saved myself...u can do did with or own hand and a clipper or shaving stick... I would av to PM u o..no think say I wan ask for money,Nah! Its jxt dat d procedure is crazy
Re: Why Is The Bumps After Shaving With Shaving Stick? by OnyeEgo1(m): 4:32pm On Oct 03, 2014
SuperMartins: lime save u ,d way I saved myself...u can do did with or own hand and a clipper or shaving stick... I would av to PM u o..no think say I wan ask for money,Nah! Its jxt dat d procedure is crazy

i dey wait thanks
Re: Why Is The Bumps After Shaving With Shaving Stick? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 03, 2014
OnyeEgo1:

i dey wait thanks
they didn't allow me mail u o..u mail me so I reply
Re: Why Is The Bumps After Shaving With Shaving Stick? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 03, 2014
Although',mine wasn't much o,jxt not much b4 I quickly fought it off..I actually got help online from wiki-how
Re: Why Is The Bumps After Shaving With Shaving Stick? by Kokolett(f): 7:06pm On Oct 03, 2014
SuperMartins: Although',mine wasn't much o,jxt not much b4 I quickly fought it off..I actually got help online from wiki-how

And you can't post it here to help other guys? Smh

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Bumps After Shaving With Shaving Stick? by Johnwills(m): 7:32pm On Oct 03, 2014
Mine is that whether I shave with stick or not, bumps will still come out. And its worse with stick. I know that bump is caused by ingrowing hair. Now my beard area is very dark compare to my normal complexion. It always look as if I do not shave. Help is welcomed
Re: Why Is The Bumps After Shaving With Shaving Stick? by Keketu(m): 7:40pm On Oct 03, 2014
Johnwills: Mine is that whether I shave with stick or not, bumps will still come out. And its worse with stick. I know that bump is caused by ingrowing hair. Now my beard area is very dark compare to my normal complexion. It always look as if I do not shave. Help is welcomed
bro say good buy to fresh skin . your hair is too thick ... angry
Re: Why Is The Bumps After Shaving With Shaving Stick? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Oct 03, 2014
Kokolett:

And you can't post it here to help other guys? Smh
didn't u see d part where I added WIKIHOW..
Re: Why Is The Bumps After Shaving With Shaving Stick? by OnyeEgo1(m): 8:40pm On Oct 03, 2014
Keketu: bro say good buy to fresh skin . your hair is too thick ... angry

chei see advice
Re: Why Is The Bumps After Shaving With Shaving Stick? by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 04, 2014
I Shave with razor without bump... It's genetic.. Same happen with my dad.. Clean shaven with razor without bumps..
Re: Why Is The Bumps After Shaving With Shaving Stick? by mexiae(m): 10:22am On Oct 04, 2014
OnyeEgo1:

chei see advice
hahahaha
Re: Why Is The Bumps After Shaving With Shaving Stick? by 5minsmadness: 1:28pm On Oct 04, 2014
There are different types of hair.
The straight type- this is common among white folk.
The curved type - common among blacks.
The hooked type- straight with a little hook at the end, common among people with dada hair.

These three hair types abound in the population and are passed on from one generation to the next. Whenever you use a shaving stick to shave, it is designed to clip off the hair strand to as close to the skin as possible. Esp if you use shaving powder to soften and straighten out the hair. Some people shave so smooth that the hair is cut below the skin. When the hair tries to grow out again in a few hours the hooked or curved part bumps against the edge of the pore of the skin it was supposed to grow out of, and then gets stuck. So the hair starts growing back inwards.
This is worse among those with hooked or curved hair.

As it grows inwards it is going to irritate the skin and also trap bacteria which infect the skin as well. So the area now swells and sometimes becomes painful and little pus oozes out. These are the bumps.

If you are prone to this kind of thing,bros, stop shaving. You won't like your skin after a few years especially if you are light complexioned. Use a clipper that doesn't cut as close as a shaving stick. Also avoid using shaving powder, no be by force to use am. Also endeavour to buy your own clippers so someone else who's bumps are infected won't share his bacteria with you.

Over&out.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is The Bumps After Shaving With Shaving Stick? by OnyeEgo1(m): 1:41pm On Oct 04, 2014
5minsmadness:
The hooked type- straight with a little hook at the end, common among people with dada hair.

These three hair types abound in the population and are passed on from one generation to the next. Whenever you use a shaving stick to shave, it is designed to clip off the hair strand to as close to the skin as possible. Esp if you use shaving powder to soften and straighten out the hair. Some people shave so smooth that the hair is cut below the skin. When the hair tries to grow out again in a few hours the hooked or curved part bumps against the edge of the pore of the skin it was supposed to grow out of, and then gets stuck. So the hair starts growing back inwards.

As it grows inwards it is going to irritate the skin and also trap bacteria which infect the skin as well. So the area now swells and sometimes becomes painful and little pus oozes out. These are the bumps.

If you are prone to this kind of thing,bros, stop shaving. You won't like your skin after a few years especially if you are light complexioned. Use a clipper that doesn't cut as close as a shaving stick. Also avoid using shaving powder, no be by force to use am. Also endeavour to buy your own clippers so someone else who's bumps are infected won't share his bacteria with you.

Over&out.

wow, nice article, dis brilliant?... Opposite of what u portray in my other thread.
Re: Why Is The Bumps After Shaving With Shaving Stick? by 5minsmadness: 1:46pm On Oct 04, 2014
OnyeEgo1:

wow, nice article, dis brilliant?... Opposite of what u portray in my other thread.
Just cos someone is mad doesn't mean he isn't brilliant.
And I still stand by my words on the other thread cool
Re: Why Is The Bumps After Shaving With Shaving Stick? by OnyeEgo1(m): 1:52pm On Oct 04, 2014
5minsmadness:

Just cos someone is mad doesn't mean he isn't brilliant.
And I still stand by my words on the other thread cool

and do i look like someone, insults and curses hurts?, u don't knw me.
Re: Why Is The Bumps After Shaving With Shaving Stick? by Johnwills(m): 2:51pm On Oct 04, 2014
Keketu:
bro say good buy to fresh skin . your hair is too thick ... angry
my hair could be too thick and curly but your comment implies that you are scarcely out of babyhood. grin
Re: Why Is The Bumps After Shaving With Shaving Stick? by Johnwills(m): 3:04pm On Oct 04, 2014
5minsmadness:

Over&out.
If i had gotten this info when I started growing facial hairs, things wouldn't have been how it is now. Thanks anyway. But what remedy could be made now? I've tried not to shave for a while yet I was still noticing bumps especially around my chin and jaw. The major issue is that when the inflammation heals, it leaves a blackhead behind which makes it all look as if I have not shaved.
Re: Why Is The Bumps After Shaving With Shaving Stick? by 5minsmadness: 3:22pm On Oct 04, 2014
OnyeEgo1:

and do i look like someone, insults and curses hurts?, u don't knw me.
I don't curse. I didn't curse you. I was angry you agreed with someone that was apparently insulting your father by calling him analog.
Check my other posts to see if I am the insulting type.

Anyways apologies if you were hurt.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Bumps After Shaving With Shaving Stick? by 5minsmadness: 3:28pm On Oct 04, 2014
Johnwills:

If i had gotten this info when I started growing facial hairs, things wouldn't have been how it is now. Thanks anyway. But what remedy could be made now? I've tried not to shave for a while yet I was still noticing bumps especially around my chin and jaw. The major issue is that when the inflammation heals, it leaves a blackhead behind which makes it all look as if I have not shaved.

Buy zinc tablets. Take it daily for one month. Also look for ORIGINAL Shea butter and rub the affected areas. Do not shave too close to the skin during this period. The bumps will disappear. Whatever remains is most likely going to be permanent.
Re: Why Is The Bumps After Shaving With Shaving Stick? by OnyeEgo1(m): 7:04pm On Oct 04, 2014
5minsmadness:

Buy zinc tablets. Take it daily for one month. Also look for ORIGINAL Shea butter and rub the affected areas. Do not shave too close to the skin during this period. The bumps will disappear. Whatever remains is most likely going to be permanent.

you are good i love ur knowledge. Thanks for the tips
Re: Why Is The Bumps After Shaving With Shaving Stick? by OnyeEgo1(m): 7:07pm On Oct 04, 2014
5minsmadness:

I don't curse. I didn't curse you. I was angry you agreed with someone that was apparently insulting your father by calling him analog.
Check my other posts to see if I am the insulting type.

Anyways apologies if you were hurt.

that was d way u perceived it, in my opinion, he wasn't insulting my dad, e was jst empathic, stating d obvious, if u read well u wud see he cited his own parents as an example
all-in-all if i am not tolerant of pple opinion online wia wud i?
Thanks for ur tym bro.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Bumps After Shaving With Shaving Stick? by Klare(f): 9:20pm On Oct 04, 2014
Op aeg help oo since when my bf told me to start shaving my part very low to d skin dats is when i started having rash in my real body in all over my body bt nt my face d most painful part is whenever its nite i cants sleep its itching finks nd i i do too much its brings abt marks i am in pains help!! Oo

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Bumps After Shaving With Shaving Stick? by Gshow(m): 8:56am On May 01, 2018
Anybody here to help
I got the after shave bumps now and its 5 days old, I've bought Nivea After Shave Balm. All I want to know is that how will the bumps heal quickly and is there any alternative method of curing it.
Re: Why Is The Bumps After Shaving With Shaving Stick? by Okortor: 7:20am On Jul 31, 2021
Lol.. sorry about that... But do u still av rash on ur private areas? Or u v got a solution?
Klare:
Op aeg help oo since when my bf told me to start shaving my part very low to d skin dats is when i started having rash in my real body in all over my body bt nt my face d most painful part is whenever its nite i cants sleep its itching finks nd i i do too much its brings abt marks i am in pains help!! Oo

(1) (Reply)

Best Eye Care Hospital In Nigeria @ Affordable Cost / How To Cure Toilet Infection Using Miracle Seed And Combo / Weak Erection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.