Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,319 members, 7,780,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:09 PM

Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. (13528 Views)

Construction Diary: 100-seater Lecture Theatre / Construction Diary Of A Block Of 6 Flats (2 Bedrooms) In Enugu / Construction Diary Of A Semi Detached Bungalow At Ikorodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by KolaShangOne(m): 12:58am On Aug 25, 2015
About the clay pots, @Abdulwastecx got it spot on, exactly like in the books.. I think he should be a lecturer..

I will like to add that they should be used in areas where there wont be too many live loads. That is, don't use on walkways etc..

Imagine you could reduce the cost of a decking from 1.5 million to about 900,000... That's mega cost saving in these hard times..

@Lastpage First of all, glad to know you and Hajj have become best of friends.. Secondly, don't be afraid your decking won't fall off at all

@HajjMufutau "Do not be afraid. Thus sayeth the Lord.." Let us use you as the clay pot lab rat.. cheesy .

1 Like

Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by KolaShangOne(m): 1:07am On Aug 25, 2015
spyder880:

I think you can afford them EgunMogaji, you just want to save up and buy that holiday home in the Dominican Islands (as if I know where that one is) cheesy
Nice stuff going on here KolashangOne, I am enjoying this, well done bro.

Thank you Oga Spyder.. Its not easy to take time put of your busy schedule.. Pls if you're giving @EgunMogaji half plot, you have to give all of us.. One for all, all for one..

mufutau55:

Thank you for volunteering to hold the Forth. I always know you are a gentleman like George W. Bush.
Hajji M.

EgunMogaji looks like he can finish the whole "Chapman" for the team..

1 Like

Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by KolaShangOne(m): 5:58pm On Aug 25, 2015
Block setting on the completed floor..

Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by KolaShangOne(m): 1:32am On Aug 27, 2015
Let us build for you..
Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by KolaShangOne(m): 5:18pm On Aug 28, 2015
Some more block work..

Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by twinskenny(m): 6:34pm On Aug 28, 2015
Baba how.u dey sir.
Regards
Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by erico2k2(m): 7:03pm On Aug 28, 2015
KolaShangOne:
Some more block work..
you know if you was using 9" solid block would you be able to bury the waste pipes same way?
Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by wanaj0: 7:06pm On Aug 28, 2015
KolaShangOne:
About the clay pots, @Abdulwastecx got it spot on, exactly like in the books.. I think he should be a lecturer..

I will like to add that they should be used in areas where there wont be too many live loads. That is, don't use on walkways etc..

Imagine you could reduce the cost of a decking from 1.5 million to about 900,000... That's mega cost saving in these hard times..

@Lastpage First of all, glad to know you and Hajj have become best of friends.. Secondly, don't be afraid your decking won't fall off at all

@HajjMufutau "Do not be afraid. Thus sayeth the Lord.." Let us use you as the clay pot lab rat.. cheesy .

The cost savings will come if the building has long span. Otherwise, there is hardly any cost savings.

I know a building that the deck was done in a similar way (used blocks instead of clay pots).
Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by KolaShangOne(m): 8:36pm On Aug 28, 2015
erico2k2:

you know if you was using 9" solid block would you be able to bury the waste pipes same way?

Of course not.. Might have to do a "U" to bury the pipe along the wall..
Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by Nobody: 9:15pm On Aug 28, 2015
KolaShangOne:

If you have time please expand on this U.

I'm still stuck on getting waste out without cracking the walls, incoming water is solved.
Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by erico2k2(m): 10:51pm On Aug 28, 2015
KolaShangOne:

ok I get you, what would you use in covering the open part of the "U"?
Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by lastpage: 12:46am On Aug 29, 2015
KolaShangOne:

This one is mine. But I think its about 20k per day here in Ibadan. You will also pay for to n fro transport and 5k operator fee.. Total of about 35k.

Mixes one bag at a go

18K to site in Lagos. Operator fee 3,000
Used one last week and will be using it again this Saturday for German floor!

But that price is 'reserved' for poor people like us sha! undecided

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by lastpage: 1:00am On Aug 29, 2015
KolaShangOne:

No hard feelings, Hajj M is my Oga @theTop! grin grin

As for the decking, l will wait till l see it done with my own eyes otherwise, l will shift the responsibility on a professional who has the experience. undecided

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by mufutau55(m): 2:34am On Aug 29, 2015
lastpage:

No hard feelings, Hajj M is my Oga @theTop! grin grin
As for the decking, l will wait till l see it done with my own eyes otherwise, l will shift the responsibility on a professional who has the experience. undecided
Lastpage!

Of course... we all have respect for each others... And we are all Ogas whichever way you look at it. smiley
I feel the same way for the decking myself... Too expensive to be corrected if anything goes wrong.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by KolaShangOne(m): 12:06pm On Aug 29, 2015
lastpage:

18K to site in Lagos. Operator fee 3,000
Used one last week and will be using it again this Saturday for German floor!

But that price is 'reserved' for poor people like us sha! undecided

Lastpage!

They have different capacities though. Some mix half bag, sosome full bags, some 2 bags etc..
Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by lastpage: 7:54am On Aug 30, 2015
KolaShangOne:

They have different capacities though. Some mix half bag, sosome full bags, some 2 bags etc..

Very correct.
One l used does a Full bag at a time.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by lastpage: 9:38pm On Aug 30, 2015
KolaShangOne:
Block setting on the completed floor..

Choi, l envy those blocks! See "standard-sized" blocks, made in Ibadan..... not the reduced-size midget we got to buy over here(8" in place of 9"wink!

God dey o! Dearis God!

More grease to your elbow, KSO.

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by KolaShangOne(m): 4:03pm On Sep 01, 2015
lastpage:

Choi, l envy those blocks! See "standard-sized" blocks, made in Ibadan..... not the reduced-size midget we got to buy over here(8" in place of 9"wink!

God dey o! Dearis God!

More grease to your elbow, KSO.

Lastpage!

Thanks Oga Lastpage
Those are MY blocks.. You can see the web thickness..

1 Like

Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by KolaShangOne(m): 4:16pm On Sep 01, 2015
On-going

Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by KolaShangOne(m): 10:46am On Sep 02, 2015
Ongoing..
The blocks have been drenched. We have everyday rain..

Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by KolaShangOne(m): 10:39am On Sep 05, 2015
Getting ready for lintels n columns

Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by KolaShangOne(m): 4:39pm On Sep 09, 2015
Shidex Global Services.. contact me for your buiding construction, site supervision, equipment leasing, building materials supply, block production on site, Roof trusses, landscaping etc.. 08142364445. whatsapp- 07038935532.
Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by Nobody: 6:06pm On Sep 09, 2015
KolaShangOne:
Ongoing..
The blocks have been drenched. We have everyday rain..

I've heard about this your rain o.

It's causing me logistical issues and keeping me awake 8,000 miles away sad

At least your crew is out of the ground already. Looks good.
Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by KolaShangOne(m): 6:27pm On Sep 09, 2015
EgunMogaji:

I've heard about this your rain o.

It's causing me logistical issues and keeping me awake 8,000 miles away sad

At least your crew is out of the ground already. Looks good.

You really have ears to the ground..
On Monday it rained from morning 6am till night.. Even when I got to Ibadan around 12am, it was still raining..

But I think that's the last heavy rain we will have. It's September already.
Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by Nobody: 7:02pm On Sep 09, 2015
KolaShangOne:

You really have ears to the ground..
On Monday it rained from morning 6am till night.. Even when I got to Ibadan around 12am, it was still raining..

But I think that's the last heavy rain we will have. It's September already.

Yeah I learned something this morning that I've never had to worry about. Site access to heavy trucks.

Here all the roads are graded and tared/cement. So the idea of including that in my logistics was foreign.

But we worked it out and I'm very proud of my supplier, he did a fantastic job for me.

I hope the rain abates, I've got stuff to do.

I salute all you guys in Nigeria that are getting stuff done in that challenging environment. "Shyte ain't easy baby".
Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by rogermilar(m): 7:22pm On Sep 09, 2015
dudubody:
Bros congrats,I need your advice pls. I am planning to to do the decking of standard block of 3bed flats ie 2 down 2 up all ensuit I have a quote of 350k for concrete work ie mixer, labour tools. What do u think?

Its on the high side, how will use that huge amour for the casting, as a Contractor in the industry, the Highest u should pay is 150k.
Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by KolaShangOne(m): 11:28pm On Sep 12, 2015
Lintels done.. First floor slab to commence..

Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by modian(m): 10:02am On Sep 13, 2015
For all kinds of durable Foreign Interlocking Plastic Molds including but not limited to the following:
DT Marks or checkers
DT Rounds
DT Star
DT Palm Tree
DT Lover
DT Coconut
Zenith
Hammer
Blackberry Small and Big
Didalo Star
Figure 8
Line Romer
Hi Checker
Hi Plain
3 star
Kerbs
Glover Star
Please contact
HMR Mercantile Ltd
Akinwale Olatunde on 08056516226 or 08027365120
Please, note that we supply minimum order quantity of 1000 pieces and at direct-from-factory prices.
Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by KolaShangOne(m): 9:47am On Sep 16, 2015
To whom it may concern.. You may not be able to reach me on whatsapp till evening. Men of the underworld came to my house to cart away my phones. Please do not transact any business for now. Thanks.
Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 16, 2015
Wow...sorry about that friend.
Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by twinskenny(m): 12:03pm On Sep 16, 2015
KolaShangOne:
To whom it may concern.. You may not be able to reach me on whatsapp till evening. Men of the underworld came to my house to cart away my phones. Please do not transact any business for now. Thanks.
sorry about ur loss
Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by KolaShangOne(m): 6:06pm On Sep 17, 2015
twinskenny:
sorry about ur loss
Thank you my brother..

EgunMogaji:
Wow...sorry about that friend.

Thank you Sir.. I'm back now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BROOKLYN COURT [800k] @Ibeju-lekki..JUST DEPOSIT 4% and SPREAD OVER A YEAR / Fire Destroys Properties In Umuahia (Photos, Video) / A Brand New 3 Bedroom Bungalow At Saburi, Abuja. Now 17m. A Serious Buyer Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.