Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,907 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:56 AM

List Of 20 Best Nigerian Songs Of All Times - My Opinion. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of 20 Best Nigerian Songs Of All Times - My Opinion. (5401 Views)

Amaechi is currently leading in the Best Nigerian Governors Polls (join now) / PDP To ACN: The Barking Of 20 Dogs Can Never Scare An Elephant / FG Orders Sack Of 20,000 PHCN Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of 20 Best Nigerian Songs Of All Times - My Opinion. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:58pm On Oct 03, 2014
This thread serves as a rejoinder to the thread on the 20 best Nigerian songs of all times by MTV. While I won't completely condemn the thread, I think MTV should have added a period to the list, preferable covering the last decade. Those that understand music and the meaning of the phrase, "of all times" won't doubt that MTV erred because the songs on their list, mostly hiphop, can't stand the test of time. Do this simple assignment, play any hiphop song of the last decade, and see how some youths will hiss. But play a songs like "Bere Bote" by Cardinal Rex Jim Lawson or his "Sawale", remixed by Flavour, you will see the reaction on the faces of elderly people and some youths. It may interest you to know that songs are nothing less than 45 years. The artiste himself died 43 years ago at the age of 33.

Here is my list (but not limited to) of the best songs of Nigeria of all times. You may add yours, but it shouldn't be less 30-35 years ago. The purpose of this is to separate the boys from the men. Let's go there.
1. Bere Bote - Rex Lawson.
2. Taxi Driver - Bobby Benson.
3. Sweet Mother - Prince Nicco Mbaga.
4. Baby Kwanagida - Osita Osadebe.
5. Joromi - Victor Uwaifo.
6. Logba-Logba - Orlando Owoh.
7. Onye Ori Utaba - Mike Ejeagha.
8. Board Members - Ebenezer Obey.
9. Eddie Kwansa - Ralph Amarabem.
10. Ije Enu - Celestine Okwu.
11. Omo Pupa - Victor Olaiya.
12. Mi Ko Mo - Sunny Ade.
13. Uwa Nwogbenye - Paulson Kalu.
14. Anansa Special - Bustic Kingsley Bassey.
15. Fuji Garbage - Sikiru Ayinde.
16. Oni Dodo - Fela Kuti.
17. Ise Ile - Ayinla Omowura.
18. Won Kere Si Number Wa - Rolling Dollars.
19. Jagua Nana - Orlando Julius.
20. Jolly Papa - Rex Lawson.

1 Like

Re: List Of 20 Best Nigerian Songs Of All Times - My Opinion. by pentagonal: 6:01pm On Oct 03, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: This thread serves as a rejoinder to the thread on the 20 best Nigerian songs of all times by MTV. While I won't completely condemn the thread, I think MTV should have added a period to the list, preferable covering the last decade. Those that understand music and the meaning of the phrase, "of all times" won't doubt that MTV erred because the songs on their list, mostly hiphop, can't stand the test of time. Do this simple assignment, play any hiphop song of the last decade, and see how some youths will hiss. But play a songs like "Bere Bote" by Cardinal Rex Jim Lawson or his "Sawale", remixed by Flavour, you will see the reaction on the faces of elderly people and some youths. It may interest you to know that songs are nothing less than 45 years. The artiste himself died 43 years ago at the age of 33.

Here is my list (but not limited to) of the best songs of Nigeria of all times. You may add yours, but it shouldn't be less 30-35 years ago. The purpose of this is to separate the boys from the men. Let's go there.
15. Fuji Garbage - Wasiu Ayinde.

endorsed bro you are old school like that. but my asha deserve a spot too she.
Re: List Of 20 Best Nigerian Songs Of All Times - My Opinion. by msmon(m): 6:07pm On Oct 03, 2014
2nd to comment, I will come and comment when this thread make FP
Re: List Of 20 Best Nigerian Songs Of All Times - My Opinion. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:33pm On Oct 03, 2014
pentagonal:

endorsed bro you are old school like that. but my asha deserve a spot too she.
Asha is a good. We however, are after songs that are nothing less than 35 years.

1 Like

Re: List Of 20 Best Nigerian Songs Of All Times - My Opinion. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:35pm On Oct 03, 2014
Seun, Mynd44 and Mukina2, please move this to the front page.
Re: List Of 20 Best Nigerian Songs Of All Times - My Opinion. by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 03, 2014
Is this politics?? And you have the nerve to say this should be pushed to front page, pls mods move this thread to entertainment section or wherever it belongs apart from politics.
Re: List Of 20 Best Nigerian Songs Of All Times - My Opinion. by Tolexander: 9:35pm On Oct 03, 2014
Good Morning- tunji oyelana
Re: List Of 20 Best Nigerian Songs Of All Times - My Opinion. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:50pm On Oct 03, 2014
Tolexander: Good Morning- Yusuf Olatunji
So Yusuf Olatunji also sang in English? I never knew. I love instrument he played. Do you know the name?
Re: List Of 20 Best Nigerian Songs Of All Times - My Opinion. by Tolexander: 10:17pm On Oct 03, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
So Yusuf Olatunji also sang in English? I never knew. I love instrument he played. Do you know the name?
i'm sorry, i meant Tunji Oyelana.

Gudu morning is a song you very know!

Gudu morning sir
a dupe mo gboyinbo o o
goodu morning sir
a dupe mo gboyinbo o o . . . . . . . . . .
Re: List Of 20 Best Nigerian Songs Of All Times - My Opinion. by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 03, 2014
Where is Jesus by onye ndu by Osankwa?
Re: List Of 20 Best Nigerian Songs Of All Times - My Opinion. by Candour(m): 11:06pm On Oct 03, 2014
Which way Nigeria - Sunny okosuns

Less than 35 year but one of the most thought provoking songs a Nigerian has ever composed in my opinion

2 Likes

Re: List Of 20 Best Nigerian Songs Of All Times - My Opinion. by Nobody: 12:27am On Oct 04, 2014
rat when sleep yanga go wake am, na wetim him dey find, kpalaba him dey find --- ahhhhhhh you forgot that fela song? that song should be top three, then sweet mother should be number 1, it is actually the greatest african song of all time.
Re: List Of 20 Best Nigerian Songs Of All Times - My Opinion. by Horus(m): 12:37am On Oct 04, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgqxFHMqlxs

[size=15pt]Fela Anikulapo Kuti (Authority Stealing)[/size]

1 Like

Re: List Of 20 Best Nigerian Songs Of All Times - My Opinion. by Nobody: 12:43am On Oct 04, 2014
Horus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgqxFHMqlxs

[size=15pt]Fela Anikulapo Kuti (Authority Stealing)[/size]

Word!

Fela's 'Authority Stealing', 'Teacher don't teach me nonsense', and 'Water' are the greatest tunes ever made by a Nigerian.

Then, you'd have to put Sir Victor Uwaifo's 'Joromi' my pops' favourite on the list. Also, "Sweet Mother" and all the classics by King Sunny Ade and Shina Peters.

Naija parties are never complete without Shina Peters when I was growing up and you had to dance, and I still go on YouTube to check him out sometimes. Every time I wanna get my friends hyped, I just text Shina Peters to them, man - legend. Where's he now?

2 Likes

Re: List Of 20 Best Nigerian Songs Of All Times - My Opinion. by seyema(m): 3:13am On Oct 04, 2014
Where can I download all this track
Re: List Of 20 Best Nigerian Songs Of All Times - My Opinion. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:51am On Oct 04, 2014
Tolexander: i'm sorry, i meant Tunji Oyelana.

Gudu morning sir
a dupe mo gboyinbo o o
goodu morning sir
Ok.
Re: List Of 20 Best Nigerian Songs Of All Times - My Opinion. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:01am On Oct 04, 2014
The songs are not limited to the ones on the list, you may add yours. If you notice, you will realize that the songs of people like Fela Anikulapo, Odolaye Aremu, Wale Glorious, Oliver de Coque, Eddie Okonta, EC Arinze, Kayode Fashola, Danmaraya Jos, Yusuf Olatunji, Professional Seagulls (David Bull), Wasiu Ayinde (the Talazo Wese days), Kollington Ayinla, etc are not there. But I love the songs of Shina Peters.

1 Like

Re: List Of 20 Best Nigerian Songs Of All Times - My Opinion. by Delafruita(m): 8:13am On Oct 04, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: The songs are not limited to the ones on the list, you may add yours. If you notice, you will realize that the songs of people like Fela Anikulapo, Odolaye Aremu, Wale Glorious, Oliver de Coque, Eddie Okonta, EC Arinze, Kayode Fashola, Danmaraya Jos, Yusuf Olatunji, Professional Seagulls (David Bull), Wasiu Ayinde (the Talazo Wese days), Kollington Ayinla, etc are not there. But I love the songs of Shina Peters.
evi edna ogoli,mandators,peterside ottong,james iroha.any list without bongos ikwe's "still searching" is incomplete.and irrespective of era,african queen should be on every list.not also forgetting greats like orits wiliki,sonny okosun,ras kimono and even the rainmaker himself
Re: List Of 20 Best Nigerian Songs Of All Times - My Opinion. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:52am On Oct 04, 2014
Delafruita: evi edna ogoli,mandators,peterside ottong,james iroha.any list without bongos ikwe's "still searching" is incomplete.and irrespective of era,african queen should be on every list.not also forgetting greats like orits wiliki,sonny okosun,ras kimono and even the rainmaker himself
African Queen shouldn't be on the list. We are talking oldies. We need to separate the boys from the men.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of 20 Best Nigerian Songs Of All Times - My Opinion. by Delafruita(m): 9:33am On Oct 04, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

African Queen shouldn't be on the list. We are talking oldies. We need to separate the boys from the men.
s great song isn't necessarily an old song.
Re: List Of 20 Best Nigerian Songs Of All Times - My Opinion. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:41am On Oct 04, 2014
Delafruita:
s great song isn't necessarily an old song.
You may visit the MTV thread. Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of 20 Best Nigerian Songs Of All Times - My Opinion. by Djicemob: 10:14am On Oct 04, 2014
How in the world is this connected to politics? OP are you trying to tell us that you are aged? If yes, just tell us ur age and get it over with.... or else someone please take this to music section or something.
Re: List Of 20 Best Nigerian Songs Of All Times - My Opinion. by Eblinksflex(m): 10:20am On Oct 04, 2014
So so on point,whistling and sipping my bottle of whiskey.......whiskey whiskey
Re: List Of 20 Best Nigerian Songs Of All Times - My Opinion. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:25am On Oct 04, 2014
Djicemob:
How in the world is this connected to politics? OP are you trying to tell us that you are aged? If yes, just tell us ur age and get it over with.... or else someone please take this to music section or something.
What has been your contribution to the politics section?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of 20 Best Nigerian Songs Of All Times - My Opinion. by Djicemob: 10:38am On Oct 04, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

What has been your contribution to the politics section?
Damn. You are something else,i asked a simple how in the world is this your post related to politics and this is your answer?

My contribution? For fact that i dont usually make silly comments here doesnt mean am not a regular reader here.Besides what is your own contribution? The last time i checked, i didnt create a music thread in the politics section.
Re: List Of 20 Best Nigerian Songs Of All Times - My Opinion. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:02am On Oct 04, 2014
Djicemob:
Damn. You are something else,i asked a simple how in the world is this your post related to politics and this is your answer?

My contribution? For fact that i dont usually make silly comments here doesnt mean am not a regular reader here.Besides what is your own contribution? The last time i checked, i didnt create a music thread in the politics section.
When did reading reading comments become a contribution to the section?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of 20 Best Nigerian Songs Of All Times - My Opinion. by Djicemob: 11:09am On Oct 04, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

When did reading reading comments become a contribution to the section?
Which comments? You think am here for your apc this and pdp that arguements? am here for political topics not music threads.
Re: List Of 20 Best Nigerian Songs Of All Times - My Opinion. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:15am On Oct 04, 2014
Djicemob:
Which comments? You think am here your apc this and pdp that arguements? am here for political topics not music threads.
You've still not answered my question; what is your contribution to this section?

2 Likes

Re: List Of 20 Best Nigerian Songs Of All Times - My Opinion. by Djicemob: 11:58am On Oct 04, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

You've still not answered my question; what is your contribution to this section?
You didnt answer my question,why the hell do you want me to answer yours? You think because you comment on threads in this section gives u the right to post a music thread here? angry
Re: List Of 20 Best Nigerian Songs Of All Times - My Opinion. by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 04, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
This thread serves as a rejoinder to the thread on the 20 best Nigerian songs of all times by MTV. While I won't completely condemn the thread, I think MTV should have added a period to the list, preferable covering the last decade. Those that understand music and the meaning of the phrase, "of all times" won't doubt that MTV erred because the songs on their list, mostly hiphop, can't stand the test of time. Do this simple assignment, play any hiphop song of the last decade, and see how some youths will hiss. But play a songs like "Bere Bote" by Cardinal Rex Jim Lawson or his "Sawale", remixed by Flavour, you will see the reaction on the faces of elderly people and some youths. It may interest you to know that songs are nothing less than 45 years. The artiste himself died 43 years ago at the age of 33.

15. Fuji Garbage - Sikiru Ayinde.

Also please add
Seun rere - Christy essien igbokwe
Mo so' ri re - IK Dairo
Mo wa dupe - IK Dairo
Terena - Dele Ojo
Ekwe - Onyeka Onwenu
Obaro - Evi Edna Ogoli
Re: List Of 20 Best Nigerian Songs Of All Times - My Opinion. by SPEEDEPITOME(f): 3:32pm On Oct 04, 2014
Tolexander:
i'm sorry, i meant Tunji Oyelana.

Gudu morning sir
a dupe mo gboyinbo o o
goodu morning sir
I love this song

Ede oyinbo kii se ti baba mi.
Oyinbo mu tea, baba mi mu eko
Seb'omi naa ni gbogbo wa jo n mu
Aj'epola se die ...
(Chorus)
Re: List Of 20 Best Nigerian Songs Of All Times - My Opinion. by argon500: 4:16pm On Oct 04, 2014
The list is not complete without Shina Peters

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should Death Penalty Be Prescribed For Corrupt Persons? / River State Presidential Election Result Announced, Jega Accepts Result / If He Hadn't Already, Buhari Should Put Surveillance On Aliyu Gusau Immediately!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.