Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

Difficult Bible Questions - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Difficult Bible Questions (6105 Views)

Know Your Bible Trivia **bible Questions** / Bible Questions-1; Did The Bible Endorse Slavery? / Some Breakfast Bible Questions To Start The Day. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Difficult Bible Questions by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 05, 2014
The descendants of each of these different kinds, apart from humans, would today mostly be represented by a larger grouping than what is called a species. In most cases, those species descended from a particular original kind would be grouped today within what modern taxonomists (biologists who classify living things) call agenus(pluralgenera).
One common definition of a species is a group of organisms which can interbreed and produce fertile offspring, and cannot mate with other species. However, most of the so-called species (obviously all the extinct ones) have not been tested to see what they can or cannot mate with. In fact, not only are there known crosses between so-called species, but there are many instances of trans-generic mating, so the ‘kind’ may in some cases be as high as the family. Identifying the ‘kind’ with the genus is also consistent with Scripture, which spoke of kinds in a way that the Israelites could easily recognize without the need for tests of reproductive isolation.
Re: Difficult Bible Questions by AgentOfAllah: 10:20am On Oct 05, 2014
Smallville10:
AGENT OF ALLAH.The Bible specifies Noah’s Ark as 300 cubits long, 50 cubits wide and 30 cubits high, a huge, stable, seaworthy vessel.
Many skeptics assert that the Bible must be wrong, because they claim that the Ark could not possibly have carried all the different types of animals. This has persuaded some Christians to deny the Genesis Flood, or believe that it was only a local flood involving comparatively few local animals. But they usually have not actually performed the calculations. On the other hand, the classic creationist bookThe Genesis Floodcontained a detailed analysis as far back as 1961. 1A more detailed and updated technical study of this and many other questions is John Woodmorappe’s bookNoah’s Ark: a Feasibility Study. This article is based on material in these books plus some independent calculations. There are two questions to ask:
*.How many types of animals did Noah need to take?
*.Was the ark large enough to hold all the required animals?

A response so pretentious I can swear it's a direct copy and paste from the internet, and it doesn't address my questions.
Re: Difficult Bible Questions by Nobody: 10:26am On Oct 05, 2014
AGENT OF ALLAH ARE U SATISFIED
Re: Difficult Bible Questions by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 05, 2014
AgentOfAllah:

A response so pretentious I can swear it's a direct copy and paste from the internet, and it doesn't address my questions.
MA PHONE CANNOT COPY AND PASTE. THE ANSWERS ARE FROM MY WRITTEN WORKS
Re: Difficult Bible Questions by paxonel(m): 10:34am On Oct 05, 2014
udatso:

Even though this explanation is wrong, I will come to it later.
Where in the old testament was his 3 days mentioned. What you have done is still quote from the new testament and relate it to the old testament. What am asking is quote (a prophecy) from the old testament and relate it to the 3 days.
And as for the sign of Jonas, it's not similar to Jesus as the Bible tells us

do you understand reasoning at all? what is NON SEQUITO? give one example of a argument that illustrate non sequito
Re: Difficult Bible Questions by AgentOfAllah: 10:42am On Oct 05, 2014
Smallville10:
2Noah did not need to take sea creatures 3because they would not necessarily be threatened with extinction by a flood.

Any ideas on how the flood would have affected the pH levels of fresh water? How did fresh water creatures survive this flood?

Smallville10:
Noah did not need to take plants either—many could have survived as seeds, and others could have survived on floating mats of vegetation.

Did you even think your response through? Without plants, how did the herbivores on the ark survive for 40 days?

Smallville10:
Many insects and other invertebrates were small enough to have survived on these mats as well. The Flood wiped out all land animals which breathedthrough nostrilsexcept those on the Ark

Ignoring the pseudo-scientific nonsense about invertebrates surviving on floating vegetable mats that were unperturbed by turbulent waters, and the fact that many invertebrates would die on the slightest exposure to salt water, what kind of food did these invertebrates eat during the 40 days, since their source of nourishment would equally have been submerged by the flood?
Re: Difficult Bible Questions by udatso: 10:45am On Oct 05, 2014
paxonel:

do you understand reasoning at all? what is NON SEQUITO? give one example of a argument that illustrate non sequito

Please enlighten me
Re: Difficult Bible Questions by AgentOfAllah: 10:48am On Oct 05, 2014
Smallville10:
MA PHONE CANNOT COPY AND PASTE. THE ANSWERS ARE FROM MY WRITTEN WORKS

If you wish to lie, at least do so with a little bit of dignity. Make sure the person you're lying to doesn't know how to use google: http://creation.mobi/how-did-all-the-animals-fit-on-noahs-ark
Re: Difficult Bible Questions by Nobody: 10:49am On Oct 05, 2014
HOW WOULD THE FLOOD AFFECT THE PH?
Re: Difficult Bible Questions by paxonel(m): 10:53am On Oct 05, 2014
bigblangston:
Bt to my own calculation sir, jesus did nt spend 3 days and 3 nights in d earth because he died on friday probably afternoon and he resurrected on sunday (morning or afternoon) then hw did he spend 3 days and 3 nights, pls explain sir

didn't you see the question udatso asked?
" that he [Jesus] was buried, that he was raise
on
the third day in accordance with the scriptures(old testament ). he want to see 3 days in the old testament.
not 3 days 3 night.
if you see 3 days 3 night which from your calculation should be longer than 3 days what else are you looking for?
Re: Difficult Bible Questions by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 05, 2014
I GUESS YOUR NOT A SCIENTIST. YOU COULD HAVE UNDERSTOOD SOME CERTAIN THINGS. YOU ASK TAUTOLOGY
Re: Difficult Bible Questions by Nobody: 10:58am On Oct 05, 2014
AgentOfAllah:

If you wish to lie, at least do so with a little bit of dignity. Make sure the person you're lying to doesn't know how to use google: http://creation.mobi/how-did-all-the-animals-fit-on-noahs-ark
ITS NO USE LYING WITH DIGNITY. AND THATS NOT WHERE I GOT THAT. BUT U HAVE THAT WEBSITE AND U ASK THIS QUESTION. THAT SENSELESS undecided
Re: Difficult Bible Questions by AgentOfAllah: 11:02am On Oct 05, 2014
Smallville10:
The descendants of each of these different kinds, apart from humans, would today mostly be represented by a larger grouping than what is called a species. In most cases, those species descended from a particular original kind would be grouped today within what modern taxonomists (biologists who classify living things) call agenus(pluralgenera).
One common definition of a species is a group of organisms which can interbreed and produce fertile offspring, and cannot mate with other species. However, most of the so-called species (obviously all the extinct ones) have not been tested to see what they can or cannot mate with. In fact, not only are there known crosses between so-called species, but there are many instances of trans-generic mating, so the ‘kind’ may in some cases be as high as the family. Identifying the ‘kind’ with the genus is also consistent with Scripture, which spoke of kinds in a way that the Israelites could easily recognize without the need for tests of reproductive isolation.

See lies.
By your account, the present degree of biodiversity needed no more than 5000 years to get to this stage? This is evolution in overdrive. A fantastical tale, no less!
Re: Difficult Bible Questions by Akindarchi(m): 11:09am On Oct 05, 2014
Well, you said no christian would accept that bible, but there are "christians" already using it to do same sex marriages in churches. So who draws the line as to how much the bible caan be revised and how much you accept of it.
Concerning your claims to be unable tto copy and paste, and that you got these info from your book, both can't stand in light of Thaat link mentioned by agent of allah. Just admit you got the answers from the link already or a similar source
Re: Difficult Bible Questions by AgentOfAllah: 11:09am On Oct 05, 2014
Smallville10:
ITS NO USE LYING WITH DIGNITY. AND THATS NOT WHERE I GOT THAT. BUT U HAVE THAT WEBSITE AND U ASK THIS QUESTION. THAT SENSELESS undecided

Stop deflecting. You claimed this was your written work...you lied, and I exposed your lies.
As you can see from my response, this website only raises more questions. I had assumed you'd share a fresher perspective. C'mon, don't tell me you thought you'll get off this easy after asking for difficult questions undecided
Re: Difficult Bible Questions by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 05, 2014
AgentOfAllah:

Stop deflecting. You claimed this was your written work...you lied, and I exposed your lies.
As you can see from my response, this website only raises more questions. I had assumed you'd share a fresher perspective. C'mon, don't tell me you thought you'll get off this easy after asking for difficult questions undecided
WHAT CAN I SAY. YOUR QUESTIONS HAVE GONE BEYOND PHONE ANSWERS. MAYBE IF I SEE YOU YOU WOULD BE CONVINCED
Re: Difficult Bible Questions by AgentOfAllah: 11:23am On Oct 05, 2014
Smallville10:
HOW WOULD THE FLOOD AFFECT THE PH?

If the flood came from the oceans, the pH of fresh water would have increased in such a dramatic fashion that most fresh water creatures wouldn't possibly survive it due to dehydration. If it came from rains, I'm guessing you'll need such high volumes of rain water to raise the level of the sea to such an extent as to cause a global flood. Since rain water is acidic, naturally, you'll then not only account for fresh water creatures, but also salt water ones that will necessarily have excessive intake of water due to less salt.
Re: Difficult Bible Questions by AgentOfAllah: 11:28am On Oct 05, 2014
Smallville10:
WHAT CAN I SAY. YOUR QUESTIONS HAVE GONE BEYOND PHONE ANSWERS. MAYBE IF I SEE YOU YOU WOULD BE CONVINCED

You asked for it! grin grin
Re: Difficult Bible Questions by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 05, 2014
AgentOfAllah:

If the flood came from the oceans, the pH of fresh water would have increased in such a dramatic fashion that most fresh water creatures wouldn't possibly survive it due to dehydration. If it came from rains, I'm guessing you'll need such high volumes of rain water to raise the level of the sea to such an extent as to cause a global flood. Since rain water is acidic, naturally, you'll then not only account for fresh water creatures, but also salt water ones that will necessarily have excessive intake of water due to less salt.
GOOD YOU THOUGHT WELL. BUT LET ME TELL YOU THAT THERE WAS A HEAVY RAIN FALL BUT ALSO THE EARTH OPENED UP FOR WATER TO COME OUT. ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE IT WAS NOT JUST RAIN BUT GOD OPENED THE FLOOD GATES OF HEAVEN AND OF THE EARTH. THAT PROCESS KEPT THE PH OF WATER AT EQUILLIBRUM(stablity)
Re: Difficult Bible Questions by AgentOfAllah: 11:33am On Oct 05, 2014
Smallville10:
AGENT OF ALLAH ARE U SATISFIED

NO! I'm far from satisfied. You've only managed to raise more questions with your pretentious response.
Re: Difficult Bible Questions by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 05, 2014
AgentOfAllah:

You asked for it! grin grin
YA I THINK I DID
Re: Difficult Bible Questions by AgentOfAllah: 11:36am On Oct 05, 2014
Smallville10:
GOOD YOU THOUGHT WELL. BUT LET ME TELL YOU THAT THERE WAS A HEAVY RAIN FALL BUT ALSO THE EARTH OPENED UP FOR WATER TO COME OUT. ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE IT WAS NOT JUST RAIN BUT GOD OPENED THE FLOOD GATES OF HEAVEN AND OF THE EARTH. THAT PROCESS KEPT THE PH OF WATER AT EQUILLIBRUM(stablity)

That's my point... Having the flood water at equilibrium is exactly the problem! Irrespective of the pH value of this equilibrium, you'll still have to account for either salt water creatures or fresh water creatures; maybe even both.
Re: Difficult Bible Questions by Nobody: 11:40am On Oct 05, 2014
AgentOfAllah:

That's my point... Having the flood water at equilibrium is exactly the problem! Irrespective of the pH value of this equilibrium, you'll still have to account for either salt water creatures or fresh water creatures; maybe even both.
ARE TRYING TO SAY THAT ONE out of the two kinds of fishes would have gone on extinction
Re: Difficult Bible Questions by AgentOfAllah: 11:42am On Oct 05, 2014
Smallville10:
ARE TRYING TO SAY THAT ONE out of the two kinds of fishes would have gone on extinction

Most of the species would definitely have died out!
Re: Difficult Bible Questions by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 05, 2014
AgentOfAllah:

Most of the species would definitely have died out!
YOU ARE WRONG! At equillibrum the PH does not favour both fishes, that is where ADAPTATION comes in. both will have to adapt to the unfavourable changes, because at stability both fishes will not die. AND dont forget that the upper part of the water would be less concentrated with salt while the deeper part is more concentrated with salt meaning that fresh water fishes have the possibility of surviving at the top than below same happens to salt water fishes
Re: Difficult Bible Questions by paxonel(m): 12:02pm On Oct 05, 2014
udatso:

Please enlighten me

so you do not understand reasoning to this extent and you are arguing?
non sequito simply means IT DOES NOT FOLLOW
for instance, if i say,since dogs aggressively bite because they have teeth IT FOLLOWS that goats aggressively bite because they also have teeth. i am not correct.
i am commiting a fallacy known as non sequito, because goats can never be dogs simply because they have teeth. i can only use goat having teeth to illustrate and say that, because goats have teeth and dogs have teeth therefore both are animals
this is the kind of illustration Jesus made, saying because Jonah was in the fish belle for 3 days and 3 night, therefore he is going to be crucified and be in the grave for 3 days
he was only using Jonah's situation to illustrate and describe to the Jews for them to understand what will happen to him shortly, He wasn't saying Jonah's situation was going to be exactly what will happen to him

1 Like

Re: Difficult Bible Questions by AgentOfAllah: 12:03pm On Oct 05, 2014
Smallville10:
YOU ARE WRONG! At equillibrum the PH does not favour both fishes, that is where ADAPTATION comes in. both will have to adapt to the unfavourable changes, because at stability both fishes will not die. AND dont forget that the upper part of the water would be less concentrated with salt while the deeper part is more concentrated with salt meaning that fresh water fishes have the possibility of surviving at the top than below same happens to salt water fishes

Obviously, the fact that we still have fresh water fish that cannot survive in salt water, and vice versa, means this adaptation of yours never took place!

That "upper part" hypothesis is laughable. I'm not sure you know what you're talking about. You suppose the fresh water fish will just magically appear at the upper part, abi?
Re: Difficult Bible Questions by udatso: 1:54pm On Oct 05, 2014
paxonel:

so you do not understand reasoning to this extent and you are arguing?
non sequito simply means IT DOES NOT FOLLOW
for instance, if i say,since dogs aggressively bite because they have teeth IT FOLLOWS that goats aggressively bite because they also have teeth. i am not correct.
i am commiting a fallacy known as non sequito, because goats can never be dogs simply because they have teeth. i can only use goat having teeth to illustrate and say that, because goats have teeth and dogs have teeth therefore both are animals
this is the kind of illustration Jesus made, saying because Jonah was in the fish belle for 3 days and 3 night, therefore he is going to be crucified and be in the grave for 3 days
he was only using Jonah's situation to illustrate and describe to the Jews for them to understand what will happen to him shortly, He wasn't saying Jonah's situation was going to be exactly what will happen to him

are You even listening to yourself
? you are trying to twist a very simple verse with your logic. give a verse in the old testament that predicts jesus dying and rising on the third day .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Difficult Bible Questions by udatso: 2:49pm On Oct 05, 2014
paxonel:

but wait ooo. were you seeing right when you typed this.
Re: Difficult Bible Questions by Nobody: 3:24pm On Oct 05, 2014
AgentOfAllah:

That "upper part" hypothesis is laughable. I'm not sure you know what you're talking about. You suppose the fresh water fish will just magically appear at the upper part, abi?
NOW YOU ARE ARGUING LIKE A GIRL. HOW DO YOU MEAN MAGICALLY APPEARS THERE. THEY MOVE WITH THE TIDES AND FIND CONDUSIVE ENVIRONMENT
Re: Difficult Bible Questions by Nobody: 3:29pm On Oct 05, 2014
udatso:

are You even listening to yourself
? you are trying to twist a very simple verse with your logic. give a verse in the old testament that predicts jesus dying and rising on the third day .
YOU ARE ARGUING BLINDLY. THERE WAS NO WHERE THAT WAS MENTIONED. BUT EVENTS HAVE OCCURED THAT EXPLAINS THAT. AND THATS WHAT WE ARE TRYING TO TELL YOU. OR YOU STOP ASKING QUESTIONS THAT YOU CANT UNDERSTAND THE POSSIBLE ANSWERS
Re: Difficult Bible Questions by Pr0ton: 3:39pm On Oct 05, 2014
Whoops.. Kinda late

Freksy.. Your first post here (I mean the one to my question) is a bit 'good' but actually wrong.. That's an 'illustration' and never a 'prophecy'.. Even Jesus, in Matt 12:40 when citing something about Jonah, apparently admits that it is an analogy not a 'prophecy' to be fulfilled ...get it?

Going back to Luke 24:46 Jesus says 'it is written' that's definitely a prophecy to be fulfilled. He's citing a prophecy from the OT,actually. To be sure that this is a prophecy, read the verse 44, "...that everything written about me in the law of Moses and the prophets and the psalms must be fulfilled "

The book of Jonah isn't a prophetic book: it's a story book. Furthermore, Jesus using "For as Jonah..." plainly shows that he isn't taking that as a prophecy to be fulfilled, but as an analogy.

Fascinatingly, Jesus didn't really use 3 days and 3 nights. He died on friday evening and resurrected sunday morning.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Does Religion Hold People Back From Becoming Very Educated / Atheist Come Here And Reason With African Traditional Faithful / 45 People To Die Today You Will See It On CNN Now - TB Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.