Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,738 members, 7,802,225 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:17 AM

A Thread For Afro Lovers - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / A Thread For Afro Lovers (3100 Views)

Tbread For Afro(hair) Keepers: Show Us Your Lovely Selfies / Aevin Dugas With Biggest Natural Afro / Afro Vs Hi Top Fade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Thread For Afro Lovers by Afrok(m): 9:40pm On Oct 03, 2014
[img][/img][img][/img]I don't know if this is the right section for this topic. Recently, there was a thread on why you should date a guy with bald head, well this is not a counter thread coz I actually don't know any reasons why you should date a guy with afro or not undecided if U know any, plz share it.

I've being rocking my afro for more than 7years shocked, yes! 7years, strong and natural. Within these years I have met guys that rocks afro too either they started before me or because of me, but most of them (if not all) are on low cut now.
Share your experience as an afro lover, probably you've kept it before, still rocking it or love it on guys. Picture(s) will be welcomed.[img]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Afro Lovers by yuncka: 9:42pm On Oct 03, 2014
Wat of Pubic afro?

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Afro Lovers by Afrok(m): 9:48pm On Oct 03, 2014
Pubic Afro? shocked well that's a private area and i guess not so many people will see it wink
Re: A Thread For Afro Lovers by philtrum(m): 10:01pm On Oct 03, 2014
well, I love afro.......rocking it since 2012..... I wash my hair evry morning and sometimes during the day wen i get drenched by the rain(my scalp itches )...
.the annoying thing is people that Dont know what it means to comb hair starts pulling my hair anyhow

sometimes I weave my hair when I am free........

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Afro Lovers by Afrok(m): 10:09pm On Oct 03, 2014
Leaving the hair natural is always the best except u've got another plan for it like weaving...

Re: A Thread For Afro Lovers by Afrok(m): 6:53am On Oct 04, 2014
philtrum: well, I love afro.......rocking it since 2012..... I wash my hair evry morning and sometimes during the day wen i get drenched by the rain(my scalp itches )...
.the annoying thing is people that Dont know what it means to comb hair starts pulling my hair anyhow

sometimes I weave my hair when I am free........
spot on bro! Really don't have to question those that pulls my hair again coz people have gotten used to my style that one or two person always stand for me by saying, " why na, stop roughing his hair" especially in school. It's kinda fun sha coz my comb is one of the things I don't joke with or forget.
Re: A Thread For Afro Lovers by Afrok(m): 7:29am On Oct 04, 2014
Few things that I know U must overcome if U wanna keep afro:
1. Complaints from people (especially family members):- It wasn't easy when I started afro more than 7yrs ago coz people especially my parents were against it but with time (years) they've had no choice than to accept it. I only get constructive complaints now, like ur hair is overdue do something about it, why did U lower it this much, etc.

2. Temptations to apply relaxers:- If U don't have any other motive behind ur afro like weaving it, I'll suggest leaving it strong and natural is the best. Well with time as the hair grows u'll be having the urge to apply relaxers due to it's increased strong texture and structure, or when U see how soft and big some guys hairs with relaxers are around U.

3. Temptations to apply hair dye ( local or foreign):- Believe me once U start applying hair dye no stopping, once U stop it na low cut be. Although, ur hair will (might) look brownish but leaving it like that with constant application of ur choice of hair cream should be enough.

4. Bad weather:- during harmattan ur hair will be strong, small and very difficult to comb and styled, but if U can overcome this period then credits to U.

5. Time:- U have to spend time in d bathroom to wash ur hair, time to dry it (well I do use my towel with comb) before applying hair cream, time to comb it before and after taking ur bath, time to comb it whenever U feel there is need for it. In fact keeping afro will take ur time in one or two ways.

These are what I can think of for now, feel free to add urs.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Afro Lovers by philtrum(m): 7:38am On Oct 04, 2014
Well I was having issue with my hair at one point then cos its always painful to comb do someone advice me to used Indian hemp hair that apart from making your hair longer it makes it soft and the oil in it last even till the next day before you wash your hair..... since then bro its bn so easy..........

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Afro Lovers by Afrok(m): 7:46am On Oct 04, 2014
To start afro U must have few or all of the followings:
1. Passion for the hairstyle.
2. Right hair structure and texture.
3. Right shape of head (bald head is a turn off).
4. Time.
5. Encouragement and determination.
6. Ability to take insults, odd looks and credits from people ( good, bad and ugly).
7. Good barber(s) but I'll suggest U stick to one good barber:- I don't enter anyhow saloon to style my hair, if my barber is not around then I'll wait for him even if it's day(s) except I changed environment, even at that I still take my time before entering any saloon.
8. Cleanliness:- U have no choice but to be clean, take good care of the hair but wash it with soap and water with hair cream at least once in a day. Avoid dust, sand or anything that can settle at d bottom of ur hair.
9. Right body system:- most people complaints that immediately their hair is due for cutting they start having headaches, people always ask me if my hair does not heavy me or cause headache, the truth is I don't experience any form of headache or heaviness except when the whole body is down. If U normally experience headache bcoz of ur hair, then afro is not for U.

These are the few things I can think of for now, feel free to add urs and I stand to be corrected.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For Afro Lovers by Afrok(m): 7:51am On Oct 04, 2014
philtrum: Well I was having issue with my hair at one point then cos its always painful to comb do someone advice me to used Indian hemp hair that apart from making your hair longer it makes it soft and the oil in it last even till the next day before you wash your hair..... since then bro its bn so easy..........
whao! That's good. The truth is that I've not tried any of such things so I do disappoint alot of people when they ask me what I added or what they need to add coz my answers is always, " my hair is natural" so I don't know anything.
I'll keep the Indian hemp hair in mind but can U tell me more about it? So that another person if not me can get it. Thanks bro...
Re: A Thread For Afro Lovers by philtrum(m): 6:27am On Oct 05, 2014
sorry I skipped a word it is Indian hemp hair cream .......pics attached

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Afro Lovers by Afrok(m): 7:35am On Oct 05, 2014
philtrum:
Thanks bro! I'll try it...really appreciate this, just imagining how better my hair will look with the cream.
Am currently using Afro American, it's an effective air cream coz it darkens my hair to d extent that the collar of my shirts and anywhere I place my head for long darkens too not to talk of the dark water that comes out while bathing.

Afro rules...

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Afro Lovers by Thorerah(f): 9:21am On Oct 05, 2014
philtrum:
Where did you get it?
Re: A Thread For Afro Lovers by Thorerah(f): 9:21am On Oct 05, 2014
philtrum:
Where did you buy it?
Re: A Thread For Afro Lovers by philtrum(m): 10:41am On Oct 05, 2014
Thorerah:

Where did you buy it?

A shopping mall in Ogun state...
Re: A Thread For Afro Lovers by Thorerah(f): 10:42am On Oct 05, 2014
philtrum:

Oh, I'm in Lagos. Thanks anyway.
Re: A Thread For Afro Lovers by philtrum(m): 11:22am On Oct 05, 2014
Thorerah:

Oh, I'm in Lagos. Thanks anyway.

you can ask any where.....the big cup here is 750
Re: A Thread For Afro Lovers by Afrok(m): 12:46pm On Oct 05, 2014
philtrum:

I'll look for it here in Ph, I guess it won't be hard to find... Thanks once again.
Re: A Thread For Afro Lovers by philtrum(m): 2:08am On Oct 13, 2014
Afrok
Thorerah

I just realized that I didn't upload a pics of my Afro

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Afro Lovers by Afrok(m): 2:43am On Oct 13, 2014
philtrum:
Afrok
Thorerah

cool... I can see the soft nature of ur hair in the picture, am sure that's the work of Indian hemp hair cream.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Afro Lovers by philtrum(m): 2:46am On Oct 13, 2014
Afrok:
cool... I can see the soft nature of ur hair in the picture, am sure that's the work of Indian hemp hair cream.

Yes oo

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Afro Lovers by Afrok(m): 2:52am On Oct 13, 2014
philtrum:

Yes oo
very nice... Thanks for sharing the secret.
Re: A Thread For Afro Lovers by Nobody: 11:46am On Oct 16, 2014
philtrum:

Afro looks good on you. smiley

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Afro Lovers by philtrum(m): 12:50pm On Oct 16, 2014
Phema:

Afro looks good on you. smiley

Thanks smiley
Re: A Thread For Afro Lovers by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 16, 2014
This is what hubby uses;
Emily millionnaire with castor seed oil.
If u have strong thick hair, i advice indian hemp is not good for u. It makes hair stronger. Olive oil made no difference and he dont use it any more.

Now hair mayonnaise is one very good hair softner.
I rock afro too and i use d above.
Yet to start using a hair conditioner. Will use if i see d need for it.
Hope this helps.
Re: A Thread For Afro Lovers by Teague(m): 10:39pm On Jan 02, 2015
Was just 7 months before my folks forced me to cut it. Girls really loved it, guys too; I was like a celeb in school. Compliments from every angle sad

Re: A Thread For Afro Lovers by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jul 22, 2021
Teague:
Was just 7 months before my folks forced me to cut it. Girls really loved it, guys too; I was like a celeb in school. Compliments from every angle sad
well when my hair is wet and combed out it looked just like yours, but when it dries up(work outdoors) it shrinks and becomes rough. since then I've stuck to pressing it down after combing.

(1) (Reply)

Trendy Shapewears For Women That Want To Flat Their Tummy Easily / Best Clothing And Accessories For Women / Flare Pleated Skirt Styles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.