Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,575 members, 7,801,647 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:21 PM

The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. (19233 Views)

5 Reasons Why Atheists Are Wrong! / Why Atheists Can't Convince Staunch Christians/muslims (real Reason) / 3 Reasons Why Atheists Are Generally Better Than Christians During Christmas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by Image123(m): 5:49pm On Oct 04, 2014
kevoh:

Just give me a YES or NO answer. I didn't ask for all these tales by moonlight you are writing here.

Is it right to demand a YES or NO?
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by davien(m): 5:51pm On Oct 04, 2014
macof:

Lmao. True yarn o
Although I was never a staunch Christian, I once loved Jesus like I was gay grin
watching passion of Christ made me cry severely
Back then for you to tell me this Jesus was jst a dead and rotten Jew I would call u demon grin

Thanks to my ancestors that never left me, I regained my consciousness
same here....i cried every time i saw that movie.....i even felt the whips on myself....now its a reminder of how emotions can deceive...

3 Likes

Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by Image123(m): 5:53pm On Oct 04, 2014
davien:
I believe all disputes that cannot be solved mutually between two or more parties can be resolved through the court of law....any punishment given should affect the offenders given and/or accomplices if they are at the age of willful intent as ordained by the society with the exclusion of torture or death.....

I'm human....and that resolve above took me 20 seconds....

Where do you get your morals? So, you believe there should be payback, and people ought to reap what they sow?
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by davien(m): 5:58pm On Oct 04, 2014

Where do you get your morals? So, you believe there should be payback, and people ought to reap what they sow?
I believe you have eyes....look below...

davien:
I believe all disputes that cannot be solved mutually between two or more parties can be resolved through the court of law....any punishment given should affect the offenders given and/or accomplices if they are at the age of willful intent as ordained by the society with the exclusion of torture or death.....
I'm human....and that resolve above took me 20 seconds....
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by egift(m): 6:00pm On Oct 04, 2014
davien:
lol....now you have asked and my reply is yes.... shocked

Can you give us insight to what that means - being an Atheist? When did it start? What is future lies ahead?
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by macof(m): 6:01pm On Oct 04, 2014
egift:

Let him say and defend it. We want to hear his testimony and personal experiences.

In religion, people have individual experiences - be it Hindu, Islam, Christianity, etc - Even the Native Doctor in my village did not believe his Oracle on hear-say - He has personal experiences that proves to him that the Oracle has power.

Christianity has no experience.

you already believe Christian dogmas are true, right from childhood because you were forced to it by your parents and church
Whtever u think you experienced is not objective anymore because all of u are subconsciously wired to that belief and can't be used as a basis to prove the authenticity of ur dogmas.

I await a man who doesn't believe Jesus to experience him...like Paul claimed
If Jesus could do it then there's nothing stopping him now

3 Likes

Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by macof(m): 6:10pm On Oct 04, 2014
asalimpo:

if u want a free theological education politely ask for one.
Stop critiquing wat u dont know even wen it's obvious you can know it.

Coming outta egypt , amalek attacked the children of Isreal without cause.
The people of Isreal were God's people. Get it?
He gave egypt as a ransom for them. Gettit.
U mess with God's people, you mess with God himself.
Amalek messed with God's people.
And when the time of judgement was right, God brought, judgement on them. They were to b obliterated off the face of d planet.
This was retribution.
This was justice.
This a hanging debt that had to be paid.
God is a God of love.
He is a God of Justice also.
Devil's tremble at the thought of him.
He is not a toothless bull dog.
He is also not a vengeful maniac.

Before egypt was laid waste pharoah was given the opportunity to let isreal go but didnt. God erased his first borns.
Egypt and Amalek attracted their judgement.

The dashing of d first borns,as grotesque as it seems, was very right.
The babylonians , chaldeans etc were a very wicked group of people in cludg being very perverse.
When God's judgement came upon them, even the little ones had to b killed-it was outright annihilation - why? because if not, those babies wud grow up in the steps of their fathers. Cruel evil and ultra perverse.

God raised isreal as a standard for the world around them to emulate . The nations around isreal were heathen nations,they had no brakes on perversion or evil.
The sacrificed their children in fire to their idols.
The were deeply into astrology, star gazing, etc
incest was normal
sleeping with animals was okay
homosexuality was rife
murder,like killing a man to get his wife, killing a man out in d field (like cain did) was nothing.
Rape and orgies - my o my.
That was fun.

This wasnt how God created Life to be. He erased the first human race in the flood.
He executed judgement on others as their sinfulness grew.
E.g smoking sodom and Gomorrah.
Y isnt he judging Man today?
He has placed man's sins on Jesus and judged Jesus as a substitute for man.
But after d rapture,the period of grace will end. God will judge the world.

1. The amaleks aren't the only ones who were violently and unfairly treated by the Hebrews on orders from Yahweh...the midians in numbers(can't remember chapter) bethel, Jericho (Joshua) and many others
2. ur god hardened the heart of pharaoh, we would never know if pharaoh ever intended to keep the Hebrews because ur god controlled his mind and took decisions for him
3. Pls what wickedness did the Babylonians commit? You can't jst say they are wicked
You lay false accusations here...a direct breech on the 10 commandments
Hell awaits you

3 Likes

Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by davien(m): 6:10pm On Oct 04, 2014

Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by kevoh(m): 6:53pm On Oct 04, 2014
Image123:

Mtcheeew. Your matter tire me. Answer simple question with YES or NO, you have been trying to dodge the question by playing smart, quoting scriptures unnecessarily and now this. It's better you pretend you didn't see d question than this merry-go-round you are attempting!

1 Like

Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by Image123(m): 6:54pm On Oct 04, 2014
davien:
I believe you have eyes....look below...

The answer is not straight forward. Okay, God's court says you reap what you sow. If you sow killing, you reap it. Copy? Where do you get your morals?
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by Image123(m): 6:55pm On Oct 04, 2014
kevoh:

Mtcheeew. Your matter tire me. Answer simple question with YES or NO, you have been trying to dodge the question by playing smart, quoting scriptures unnecessarily and now this. It's better you pretend you didn't see d question than this merry-go-round you are attempting!

You can't answer?
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by davien(m): 7:20pm On Oct 04, 2014
Image123:

The answer is not straight forward. Okay, God's court says you reap what you sow. If you sow killing, you reap it. Copy? Where do you get your morals?
really...so innocent babies sowed killing......remember this is an alleged being you tag "just" and merciful to.... undecided
My morality is a secular one....and it is derived by mutual respect and care for the best interest of people to minimize or cease harm....with respect for peoples rights...

2 Likes

Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by asalimpo(m): 7:23pm On Oct 04, 2014
davien:
same here....i cried every time i saw that movie.....i even felt the whips on myself....now its a reminder of how emotions can deceive...

who you were before the decietfulness of sin HARDENED ur heart.
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by asalimpo(m): 7:41pm On Oct 04, 2014
macof:

Christianity has no experience.

you already believe Christian dogmas are true, right from childhood because you were forced to it by your parents and church
Whtever u think you experienced is not objective anymore because all of u are subconsciously wired to that belief and can't be used as a basis to prove the authenticity of ur dogmas.

I await a man who doesn't believe Jesus to experience him...like Paul claimed
If Jesus could do it then there's nothing stopping him now

paul took the gospel to philosophical athens. Those guys almost discovered calculus. They were the worlds intellectual nerve base and yet men smarter than you accepted Christ.
Professors are accepting Christ,how much more lesser thinkers.
That is because when d light of God's word shines on d heart of man,He sees his sinful state. Then decides whether to admit he is a sinner and accept God's free gift of salvation or harden his heart like pharoah and plod on in his sins unto perdition.
Sorry, bro Christianity is a spiritual thing not a mental thing.
Romans 10v10:
With the heart man believes ...
(heart/spirit man).
Believe what ! ? The gospel
and with the mouth confession is made unto Salvation.

Not
"With the head man Reasons
his way to God".

It's a heart thing.
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by asalimpo(m): 7:56pm On Oct 04, 2014
macof:

1. The amaleks aren't the only ones who were violently and unfairly treated by the Hebrews on orders from Yahweh...the midians in numbers(can't remember chapter) bethel, Jericho (Joshua) and many others
2. ur god hardened the heart of pharaoh, we would never know if pharaoh ever intended to keep the Hebrews because ur god controlled his mind and took decisions for him
3. Pls what wickedness did the Babylonians commit? You can't jst say they are wicked
You lay false accusations here...a direct breech on the 10 commandments
Hell awaits you

the babylonians where d embodiment of evil. Dont even try to debate this scour d bible,
nimrod founded babylon. Married his mother,killed his father,set up the first world order, invented and introduced sorcery.
Guy,do ur research.
The goal of many secret societies is to revive the old babylonian empire. Which,the anti christ will successfully do.
God came down in person to foil the first unified anti God society by changing man's language.

About d ameliktes stop talkg crap. You arent even tryng to hide ur biase. Amalek and Jericho and d reason for their over throw is documented in d bible.
They and pharoah earned their retribution.
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by mazaje(m): 8:12pm On Oct 04, 2014
If you define what a belief is, it's basically a construct inside the brain that filters reality through it. . . If you think for example that people are bad, you'll start paying attention to bad behaviors of people to validate your belief and ignore good people that don't validate your belief. That is how belief work and there is nothing new to it. It is just how the brain works. It recognizes patterns of what makes a belief and tries to rationalize it always even when there is perception disagreement.

As for religious beliefs it's the same thing, just indoctrinate people with enough materials and constantly drum it into their ears, it will become their reality. People will filter their lives through those beliefs and start seeing "miracles" and signs of their god that the ordinary person who do not believe in their religion or god would just assume as normal. Example muslims view christian religious experience as normal events or nonsensical rubbish while christians view muslim religious experience as nonsense. . .If a buddist sees a christian speaking in tongues and rolling on the floor the buddhist will just say the christian is crazy, but to the christian that is a religious experience, if a christian see a buddhist monk meditating for hours he will also assume is he crazy but to the buddhist he is experiencing something extra ordinary. . .All these experiences have to be indoctrinated into the mind and they become your reality. . .

The problem is that beliefs are constantly being refreshed with these new evidences, so when you try to challenge a person's belief he'll start acting angry or upset.This is why logic doesn't work to deconvert a theist. . .His religion belief is not based on logic. Their beliefs carry a huge emotional baggage as can be seen by some of their replies on this thread. . .

Beliefs also don't have to be real to make sense to we humans. But they are useful in parts of our lives.

3 Likes

Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by macof(m): 8:31pm On Oct 04, 2014
asalimpo:

paul took the gospel to philosophical athens. Those guys almost discovered calculus. They were the worlds intellectual nerve base and yet men smarter than you accepted Christ.
Professors are accepting Christ,how much more lesser thinkers.
That is because when d light of God's word shines on d heart of man,He sees his sinful state. Then decides whether to admit he is a sinner and accept God's free gift of salvation or harden his heart like pharoah and plod on in his sins unto perdition.
Sorry, bro Christianity is a spiritual thing not a mental thing.
Romans 10v10:
With the heart man believes ...
(heart/spirit man).
Believe what ! ? The gospel
and with the mouth confession is made unto Salvation.

Not
"With the head man Reasons
his way to God".

It's a heart thing.

Pls address my post and quit your rubbish

Professors and intellectuals are accepting Christ grin grin
Which ones? The ones in ur church?

3 Likes

Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by macof(m): 9:01pm On Oct 04, 2014
asalimpo:

the babylonians where d embodiment of evil. Dont even try to debate this scour d bible,
nimrod founded babylon. Married his mother,killed his father,set up the first world order, invented and introduced sorcery.
Guy,do ur research.
The goal of many secret societies is to revive the old babylonian empire. Which,the anti christ will successfully do.
God came down in person to foil the first unified anti God society by changing man's language.

About d ameliktes stop talkg crap. You arent even tryng to hide ur biase. Amalek and Jericho and d reason for their over throw is documented in d bible.
They and pharoah earned their retribution.

Lmao pls who's this Nimrod that set world order?
Nimrod that Africans.don't know

ur silly Nimrod didn't set world order if he did the world would speak of him not just Jews

God never came down to change language...where's ur proof?
Yoruba people say as humans left Ife, they drank different river waters that changed their languages
Yoruba hypothesis is even more logically than some silly Jewish prick coming down from the sky to change human language

The amaleks troubled the Israelites yes, but did Jericho, Midian or Bethel?

compare the atrocities Hebrews committed against amalekites with the small trouble they faced with amalek in exodus 17:8-13
Didn't the Hebrews win in the battle? Why go again after many years utterly destroy them when the supposed god of Israel is forgiven and lovely

Pharaoh's heart was hardened by ur god

2 Likes

Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by Nobody: 9:03pm On Oct 04, 2014
asalimpo:

what made u an atheist.
How long were u christian.

Common sense and irrefutable evidences made me a non conformist.

I have been a devout Christian all my life Until around April this year.

What else?

2 Likes

Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by Ryabcool(m): 9:10pm On Oct 04, 2014
macof:

Lmao. True yarn o
Although I was never a staunch Christian, I once loved Jesus like I was gay grin
Back then for you to tell me this Jesus was jst a dead and rotten Jew I would call u demon grin

grin grin grin Erin ti pa mi ooo! grin grin grin

Religion is for the weak minded! Too much brainwash grin grin
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by Nobody: 9:13pm On Oct 04, 2014
egift:

Just so we be clear - Are you an Atheist? How did you become one? What do you believe in?

I am a non conformist, I became one after being presented with overbearing evidences against What I once thought highly of,as difficult as it was to accept What I believed all this while was just fairy tales I just had to because I couldn't give myself any logical explanation against those evidences,being an honest person I just had to accept it as What it truly is,fairy tales!!!

I believe in freedom,freedom to be who we want to be,freedom to create our own reality. More like a humanist.

3 Likes

Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by Nobody: 9:33pm On Oct 04, 2014
Image123:

What's wrong with the request? undecided
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by Nobody: 10:04pm On Oct 04, 2014
asalimpo:
If only the creator of this thread cud see the irony of it.

Sombody who doesnt know God
tries to convince another who does,that he,the theist, is believing wrongly!

How cud u possibly accomplish that.

The christian has an absolute and objective reference from which he
anchors his position: the bible

the Atheists has none.
Their best recourse for d
modern atheist is science and logic.
Science isnt absolute. It is still searchg and theorising and basically operating by trial and error.
Human systems and logic is likewise imperfect.
Yet it is the tool atheists use to lounge against the bible.
The imperfect vs the perfect.
The still-learning vs the concluded-canon.

The atheist base their philosophy on an unfounded assumption.
1) the world is physcal, nothg more nothing less.
Every phenomena is physcal.
This is an article of faith to both atheists and scientists.
Atheists and scientists cannot prove this true. Or the opposite false.
They simply can't.
They simply choose to take a stand a believe tht all phenomena is physcal.
Havg taken tht stand they push to elevate to a truth.

The Bible on the other hand holds unambiguously that all phenomena isnt physcal.
The bible then gives plenty of glimpses and insights into the 4th dimension , which is a superset of this 3d world.

True bible believing christians believe this and see life from the 4th dimension perspective.
How then can an atheist convince
when he is operating from a different perspective than the christian?
By very nature,the fourth dimension isnt a physcal dimension, so cries to "prove it"
by the atheists,3d people, is inapplicable.
How dyu prove somthing immaterial? You can't.
So what dyu do- you BELIEVE IT.
that's y christians CHOOSE to believe.
If d fourth dimension is brought into d equation atheism and its arguments ar easily destroyed.

The whole weight of atheism is simply on this stand of dimensionality.
3d or 4d.
Atheist push this speculation like it is absolute truth but if this stand is accepted, it leads to gaping questions?
Questions easily handled from the 4d perspective.
How did the world come about?
3d answer: it made it itself.
C'mon things don't make themselves.
Yeah,we (atheists) know this but the world made itself!
Why did it make itself?
We dont know. It just did.
But we do know it was A big mistake a cosmic accident.
Y is nt there another race of beings equal to man in intellect on the planet?
Uhm , i dont know.

While atheists ridicule christians and d bible.
One cant help but acknowledge the uncomfortable oddity the 3d argument of how d world began.

Eventually,atheists choose to believe som things without proof yet want to criticise christianity
from an entirely, materialistic 3d perspective.
The odor of hypocrisy fills d room on this.

Please don't Dodge my question,in ur post above, you stated that "C'mon things don't make themselves'" that means you are of the opinion that there must be an intelligence or an intelligent being behind every thing that exist. Right?
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by asalimpo(m): 3:26am On Oct 05, 2014
Dapo777:

Please don't Dodge my question,in ur post above, you stated that "C'mon things don't make themselves'" that means you are of the opinion that there must be an intelligence or an intelligent being behind every thing that exist. Right?

i believe the bible so u already know wat answer you'll get.
Besides, how does my post u quoted not answer this question?
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by asalimpo(m): 3:34am On Oct 05, 2014
Dapo777:

I am a non conformist, I became one after being presented with overbearing evidences against What I once thought highly of,as difficult as it was to accept What I believed all this while was just fairy tales I just had to because I couldn't give myself any logical explanation against those evidences,being an honest person I just had to accept it as What it truly is,fairy tales!!!

I believe in freedom,freedom to be who we want to be,freedom to create our own reality. More like a humanist.

i dare say ,if you were a christian ever, you never knew the reason you believed. And you never had any real relationship with God so He wasnt real to you. Everything u did was all dry meaningless motion, it doesnt take long for you to get tired of the hypocrisy and throw in d towel.
Especially when u see ur fellow christians living double lives .
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by asalimpo(m): 4:01am On Oct 05, 2014
Dapo777:

Common sense and irrefutable evidences made me a non conformist.

I have been a devout Christian all my life Until around April this year.

What else?

you mean tangible sense.
All life is physcal .if u cant see it,touch it,feel it, reason it out,it isnt real.
In other words,3d thinking.

If u accept this as tru - u exercised faith not common sense because there is no evidence or atheist in this
world that can prove this assumption.

It is simply accepted as truth.

So u were not moved by common sense in all. You CHOSE to accept unquestioningly som things as truth.
You chose to believe.

Your bible says Life is 4d not 3d.
Atheists dont try to disprove this because THEY CAN'T. instead they try to RIDICULE it!
"talking snakes, flying dragons,
talking asses, etc".

From RIDICULE of the bible
PERSONAL ATTACKS on the person of God comes next.
attacks on the person of Jesus.
Atheists know all d verses on genocide ,infanticide (to them),
etc but non other.
Anybody knows there's no objectveness here. Besides,
getting worked up emotionally
for some1 u say isnt real betrays you.

Bro, you were gamed.
Atheism is nothing but a satanic ploy to undermine the bible.
Atheists are never coldly logical or objective.
They dont want to be.
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by asalimpo(m): 5:03am On Oct 05, 2014
macof:

Lmao pls who's this Nimrod that set world order?
Nimrod that Africans.don't know

ur silly Nimrod didn't set world order if he did the world would speak of him not just Jews

God never came down to change language...where's ur proof?
Yoruba people say as humans left Ife, they drank different river waters that changed their languages
Yoruba hypothesis is even more logically than some silly Jewish prick coming down from the sky to change human language

The amaleks troubled the Israelites yes, but did Jericho, Midian or Bethel?

compare the atrocities Hebrews committed against amalekites with the small trouble they faced with amalek in exodus 17:8-13
Didn't the Hebrews win in the battle? Why go again after many years utterly destroy them when the supposed god of Israel is forgiven and lovely

Pharaoh's heart was hardened by ur god

nimrod didnt try to create a NWO.
God didnt change human language.

Like i said do ur research.
Even som atheists will reprimand you for your ignorance on this.

How would africa here of nimrod wen the world as at then was congregated in one place and spoke one language?
After the confusion of tongues men dispersed to populate the world. Logical.
Very logcal.
Ur deductions are poor. Ur calibre of reasong is poor , for i hav to tell u this!
Prepare properly bf u reply.
Stop shooting from d hip.

"Some silly Jewish Prick from d sky "
- you guys can't help but cuss God!
Somthg about becomg an atheist and an uncontrollable urge to cuss God and Jesus!
Lol. Bro, i understand. It's spiritual.
Jesus Loves you as you are.
Satan hates you and wants to take you and all ur fellow atheists to hell.
When u want to cuss God ,dyu think it's really u doing it?
Think.
Dyu wanna cus som1 u dont believe is real?
U ar exhibiting genuine hate and anger!
Jesus is real bro.

Didnt isreal win in the battle against amalek?
Hmmn. Now,thts my boy smiley you did som research! My am impressed.
We are now getting into deep things. Namely,the character of God.
First, God is a Sovereign.
The closest analogy,is the image of an Ancient King, not a modern diplomatic president.
The word of a king is power.
God had said,actually said is a weak word,the right word is "decreed", a decree cannot b upturned.
If an earthly kings words had so much power,how much more the words of the utmost sovereign God?
God decreed tht any1 who blessed his own He God wud bless and any one who cursed His own He God wud curse
(see God's promise to Abraham).
With tht word released,there is no going back.
Amalek attacked without cause , yeah,they were temporarily fended off. But thts not enuff.
Jericho did the same.
On God's scale of justice,the weight to bring the scale to balance was annahilation.
This isnt vengeance or vengefulness but justice.
Sin and wickedness has a weight. It is like a debt. It must b paid to bring things to balance.
In OT Jesus had not yet died.
So He hadnt paid d price for Man's sins. So when man's debt accumulated on the scale , God wud send people to warn man, to stop heaping up d sin gravy.
But man wud often ignore until it got to danger point. Then God would hav to mete out justice.
Sin is a weight tht has to b paid.
Understand this . God never wantonly lashed out at people in the OT.
We cannot humanly, decipher how the weight of sin is. But God does and his justice is fair and just even if it doesnt look so to us.
Wat happens wen sin goes unpunished .i.e untreated?
I mean by a human justice system?
The sin like gangrene causes death/stagnation/decay in the land.
Would you like to hav a land where there's prosperity,peace,progress?
Then sin must b eliminated by the justice system in tht land.
Because sin causes death.
When adam sinned, he first hand witnessed death. The lamb God killed to cloth him and his wife.
Next,death entered creation.

It wasnt God's plan.
It wasnt God's plan for the sun to scorch the earth or for a leaf to die on a tree or for ur grandmum to have a wrinkle.
What u see in d OT is God delivering justice as at wen due to balance the sins of man.

When u atheists want to critique wat u dont know think about this.
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by Nobody: 7:39am On Oct 05, 2014
asalimpo:

you mean tangible sense.
All life is physcal .if u cant see it,touch it,feel it, reason it out,it isnt real.
In other words,3d thinking.

If u accept this as tru - u exercised faith not common sense because there is no evidence or atheist in this
world that can prove this assumption.

It is simply accepted as truth.

So u were not moved by common sense in all. You CHOSE to accept unquestioningly som things as truth.
You chose to believe.

Your bible says Life is 4d not 3d.
Atheists dont try to disprove this because THEY CAN'T. instead they try to RIDICULE it!
"talking snakes, flying dragons,
talking asses, etc".

From RIDICULE of the bible
PERSONAL ATTACKS on the person of God comes next.
attacks on the person of Jesus.
Atheists know all d verses on genocide ,infanticide (to them),
etc but non other.
Anybody knows there's no objectveness here. Besides,
getting worked up emotionally
for some1 u say isnt real betrays you.

Bro, you were gamed.
Atheism is nothing but a satanic ploy to undermine the bible.
Atheists are never coldly logical or objective.
They dont want to be.

I understand you perfectly well,Yes They ridicule the Bible,God and Jesus to make themselves look right,But have you asked yourself why is it possible for the Bible to be ridiculed? Why is it possible for God to be ridiculed? Why is it possible for Jesus to be ridiculed?

Ask yourself again If something is truly flawless and perfect,will there be anything in it that can be ridiculed? Think about that sentence slowly,digest it and ask yourself,If something is perfect, can it be ridiculed? Why would They want to ridicule something perfect? Those imperfections pointed out in the Bible are They not real?
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by Nobody: 7:50am On Oct 05, 2014
asalimpo:

i dare say ,if you were a christian ever, you never knew the reason you believed. And you never had any real relationship with God so He wasnt real to you. Everything u did was all dry meaningless motion, it doesnt take long for you to get tired of the hypocrisy and throw in d towel.
Especially when u see ur fellow christians living double lives .

Says the judgmental Christian.
What evidence do you have that I never had a personal relationship with God?
The holy ghost told you So?
Yes the reason I believed was because I was born into a Christian home,If I wasn't I would been a Muslim or a bhuddist or anything.
You have no manner of approach,you seriously need to learn how to hold a decent conversation with someone.
1) you are judgmental
2) you are assuming blindly
3) you are talking confidently like you know me personally outside nairaland
4) I don't even want to listen further to anything you have to say because from the looks of thing it seems everything you Really want to do is to pass judgment on me,and you haven't said anything meaningful yet,But giving blatantly baseless assumptions.

1 Like

Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 05, 2014
asalimpo:

i believe the bible so u already know wat answer you'll get.
Besides, how does my post u quoted not answer this question?

Since you agree Nothing created itself,now to my question,who/What created God? Since according to you Nothing can create itself.
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by Nobody: 9:04am On Oct 05, 2014
macof:

Lmao. True yarn o

Yhh that passion of Christ made me cry too
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by macof(m): 12:39pm On Oct 05, 2014
asalimpo:

nimrod didnt try to create a NWO.
God didnt change human language.

Like i said do ur research.
Even som atheists will reprimand you for your ignorance on this.

How would africa here of nimrod wen the world as at then was congregated in one place and spoke one language?
After the confusion of tongues men dispersed to populate the world. Logical.
Very logcal.
Ur deductions are poor. Ur calibre of reasong is poor , for i hav to tell u this!
Prepare properly bf u reply.
Stop shooting from d hip.

"Some silly Jewish Prick from d sky "
- you guys can't help but cuss God!
Somthg about becomg an atheist and an uncontrollable urge to cuss God and Jesus!
Lol. Bro, i understand. It's spiritual.
Jesus Loves you as you are.
Satan hates you and wants to take you and all ur fellow atheists to hell.
When u want to cuss God ,dyu think it's really u doing it?
Think.
Dyu wanna cus som1 u dont believe is real?
U ar exhibiting genuine hate and anger!
Jesus is real bro.

Didnt isreal win in the battle against amalek?
Hmmn. Now,thts my boy smiley you did som research! My am impressed.
We are now getting into deep things. Namely,the character of God.
First, God is a Sovereign.
The closest analogy,is the image of an Ancient King, not a modern diplomatic president.
The word of a king is power.
God had said,actually said is a weak word,the right word is "decreed", a decree cannot b upturned.
If an earthly kings words had so much power,how much more the words of the utmost sovereign God?
God decreed tht any1 who blessed his own He God wud bless and any one who cursed His own He God wud curse
(see God's promise to Abraham).
With tht word released,there is no going back.
Amalek attacked without cause , yeah,they were temporarily fended off. But thts not enuff.
Jericho did the same.
On God's scale of justice,the weight to bring the scale to balance was annahilation.
This isnt vengeance or vengefulness but justice.
Sin and wickedness has a weight. It is like a debt. It must b paid to bring things to balance.
In OT Jesus had not yet died.
So He hadnt paid d price for Man's sins. So when man's debt accumulated on the scale , God wud send people to warn man, to stop heaping up d sin gravy.
But man wud often ignore until it got to danger point. Then God would hav to mete out justice.
Sin is a weight tht has to b paid.
Understand this . God never wantonly lashed out at people in the OT.
We cannot humanly, decipher how the weight of sin is. But God does and his justice is fair and just even if it doesnt look so to us.
Wat happens wen sin goes unpunished .i.e untreated?
I mean by a human justice system?
The sin like gangrene causes death/stagnation/decay in the land.
Would you like to hav a land where there's prosperity,peace,progress?
Then sin must b eliminated by the justice system in tht land.
Because sin causes death.
When adam sinned, he first hand witnessed death. The lamb God killed to cloth him and his wife.
Next,death entered creation.

It wasnt God's plan.
It wasnt God's plan for the sun to scorch the earth or for a leaf to die on a tree or for ur grandmum to have a wrinkle.
What u see in d OT is God delivering justice as at wen due to balance the sins of man.

When u atheists want to critique wat u dont know think about this.

Long yarns with not one of my points addressed

pls address my posts like an educated fellow if you are

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? / Anthony Olubunmi Okogie Celebrates His 84th Birthday Today / Time Jehovah Has Spent In His SPIRITUAL Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.