Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,458 members, 7,770,140 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:27 AM

Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? (22242 Views)

Why Do Women Always Do This (Picture) / Why Do Some Women Want More Kids? / Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by chimmy2: 12:26am On Oct 04, 2014
This is a question that have been bothering me: why do women want more kids? In almost all the young families I know, when the man wants two or at most three children; his wife wants four or more. There are loads of variation to this scenario but in almost all cases, the wife wants more kids than the husband. And my question is why? Why that desire for a larger family in terms of no of children by the female folks.

I simply do not understand.

Infact, it has become a common joke when a man says; 'we have three kids and we are done'. Wise folks will always remind such men not to 'count their eggs before they are hatched' as wify is likely to add a few more.

My question is not about whether a small family is better than a large one or vice versa. As far as I'm concern, couples should have the number of children they believe they are emotionally and financially equipped to take care of.

However, my concern is that I do not UNDERSTAND the desire in women for a larger barn. My assumption is that women undergo greater inconvenience to conceive and bear a child. And I expected that inconvenience of pregnancy, labor pain, delivery, nursing and baby sitting to be a major deterrent to multiple repetition. But it is obviously not the case - hugely surprising!

Please what is/are the motivation(s)?

I would like everyone, particularly married women, in this forum to contribute their honest opinion here. It is just for my education.

Thanks all.

10 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by Nobody: 1:47am On Oct 04, 2014
"as wifey is likely to add few more"

How will she add it? We men should be blamed.
A man does his nightly duties and SCORES multiple goals. A loving mother will not agree to abort a pregnancy just because her husby doesnt want more kids.
So many kids are born this way thereby crowding the family and make it look as if its the woman that "wants more"

20 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by jeffizy(m): 2:11am On Oct 04, 2014
The woman's mind and body is naturally configured to nurture and reproduce.

All the signs of maturity/puberty in a woman is genetically configured into making reproduction easy.

So it is only normal for them to crave fulfilling the grace bestowed on them.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by johnshagb(m): 2:43am On Oct 04, 2014
The intending mothers should do justice to this thread

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by slimpoppa(m): 2:48am On Oct 04, 2014
maybe because they are not the ones footing the bills.

46 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by Nobody: 2:52am On Oct 04, 2014
Why won't they want more,are they the one taking care of the financial aspect?

They want more kids,because they use the kids as a source of companion,once the man starts misbehaving,or die.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by Nobody: 2:55am On Oct 04, 2014
Very good question.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by adrainuche(m): 2:55am On Oct 04, 2014
Is there a statistic or theory that proves that women want more children. Than men because if not your argument is flawed..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by Mention(m): 2:58am On Oct 04, 2014
I don't really know..
Later they would be screaming that Labour Pain z Excruciating

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by Benbisco(f): 2:58am On Oct 04, 2014
Well I'd say it varies with individuals. As a woman I have never liked the idea of plenty children. 3 max is ok.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by Nobody: 3:04am On Oct 04, 2014
Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by Nobody: 3:05am On Oct 04, 2014
undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by lizzysam29(f): 3:11am On Oct 04, 2014
U sure? I don't is so wt must women bt few. Dis is 21st cen. & nt only men does lyk less stress of children wahala bt so does the d women too.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by slickyb(f): 3:11am On Oct 04, 2014
hehehehe.. I can't even shout concerning dis issue. I luv kids a lot nd I hope to give birth to nothing less dan 6 children by God's grace. future hubby I hope ur listening oh . haha

20 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by chusks(m): 3:16am On Oct 04, 2014
so? na d front page wen dey shack people be dis ? mcteeeeew...

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by Nobody: 3:18am On Oct 04, 2014
my birthday its today...happy birthday to me!!!emmm op...d matter tire me oo...i confuse self....later i go tell u why....meanwhile....its my birthday...+fp tinx....am so happy

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by StealthyMe(m): 3:19am On Oct 04, 2014
Comes to learn from the women...

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by henryobinna(m): 3:21am On Oct 04, 2014
there was a similar topic on front page few months back
Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by Nobody: 3:24am On Oct 04, 2014
Cause their pus5y is forever WET and constantly running like a water fountain.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by henryobinna(m): 3:25am On Oct 04, 2014
lizzysam29: U sure? I don't is so wt must women bt few. Dis is 21st cen. & nt only men does lyk less stress of children wahala bt so does the d women too.
people are very funny oh!
any small topic/discussion that arises, people will quickly point out that this is 21st century please enlighten me on that, and what has 21st century done?

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by femofecumzi(m): 3:35am On Oct 04, 2014
Here i am...
I've always wondered too. Well, God creatd evrythin n saw that it was beautiful.
The human life is so ordered n perfect that u begin to wonder d mechanism behind evrythin. Its like we're programmd wit softwares.
The software that makes us want more children than necessary is 'be fruitful n multiply'...
Sorry guys, i'm a deep thinker who's scared of goin nut someday.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by Nobody: 3:36am On Oct 04, 2014
jeffizy: The woman's mind and body is naturally configured to nurture and reproduce.

All the signs of maturity/puberty in a woman is genetically configured into making reproduction easy.

So it is only normal for them to crave fulfilling the grace bestowed on them.
You said it all.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by Oduduwaboy(m): 3:43am On Oct 04, 2014
Its nothing more than an evolutionary drive in females which is geared towards a biological survival of the species. Evolution explains a lot of our activities if you care to know!

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by Oduduwaboy(m): 3:45am On Oct 04, 2014
engineerd: Cause their pus5y is forever WET and constantly running like a water fountain.....
i pity your wife, girlfriend, sister and mothers. i shake my head for you!

19 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by lonelydora: 3:45am On Oct 04, 2014
Exactly the case with me. I want to have 2 children but my wife says she wants 3 or 4. I have 1 already and the next one is on the way. I don't understand it, as if they will be the one to provide for them.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by oghenedorosteve: 3:54am On Oct 04, 2014
well to me its not d furlt of d woman the u d man got her pregnat nd u know most married wife dont like abusion,then befor u no d house is filled up with kidz..

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by Nobody: 4:00am On Oct 04, 2014
Division of labour perhaps
Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by Sepp360(m): 4:11am On Oct 04, 2014
lizzysam29: U sure? I don't is so wt must women bt few. Dis is 21st cen. & nt only men does lyk less stress of children wahala bt so does the d women too.
What exactly were you trying to say?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by Tosinville(m): 4:40am On Oct 04, 2014
slickyb: hehehehe.. I can't even shout concerning dis issue. I luv kids a lot nd I hope to give birth to nothing less dan 6 children by God's grace. future hubby I hope ur listening oh . haha
Ah! Ah!! Wat happen?
Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by dridowu: 4:43am On Oct 04, 2014
I WANT more children
Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by Nobody: 4:46am On Oct 04, 2014
This one's funny. I bet MizMyColi has a perfect answer.
Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by WhiZTiM(m): 4:50am On Oct 04, 2014
Are you sure its only women? I've met a few who wants at most 3.

Anyway... I am looking forward to 5 children in my marriage:-)..

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? / At What Age Did Your Parents Stop Flogging You? / Please Help, My Wife Wants To Leave Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.