Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,623 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:24 PM

Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? (22301 Views)

Why Do Women Always Do This (Picture) / Why Do Some Women Want More Kids? / Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by iluvweed(m): 5:15am On Oct 04, 2014
grin
Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by Opiosko: 5:30am On Oct 04, 2014
chimmy2: This is a question that have been bothering me: why do women want more kids? In almost all the young families I know, when the man wants two or at most three children; his wife wants four or more. There are loads of variation to this scenario but in almost all cases, the wife wants more kids than the husband. And my question is why? Why that desire for a larger family in terms of no of children by the female folks.

I simply do not understand.

Infact, it has become a common joke when a man says; 'we have three kids and we are done'. Wise folks will always remind such men not to 'count their eggs before they are hatched' as wify is likely to add a few more.

My question is not about whether a small family is better than a large one or vice versa. As far as I'm concern, couples should have the number of children they believe they are emotionally and financially equipped to take care of.

However, my concern is that I do not UNDERSTAND the desire in women for a larger barn. My assumption is that women undergo greater inconvenience to conceive and bear a child. And I expected that inconvenience of pregnancy, labor pain, delivery, nursing and baby sitting to be a major deterrent to multiple repetition. But it is obviously not the case - hugely surprising!

Please what is/are the motivation(s)?

I would like everyone, particularly married women, in this forum to contribute their honest opinion here. It is just for my education.

Thanks all.
I think there is a mixed up of issues here though they are interwoven.... Are u saying that women affirmatively want more children?... or that they will add more when the hubby has said we are done?.. In the first case, i don't think it's true....The second issue (i guess it's ur main point) What happens here is usually a failure of contraceptives or family planning. Men are usually ingorant abt this unplanned pregnancies mostly due to their expectation of the woman to master her circle....and then blame the woman in an attempt to absovle themsevles of responsibility for the mistake.......if any man know say him no want pikin again, make him go sterilise himself. This message na from Federal Ministry of Health.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by lordnammy(m): 5:32am On Oct 04, 2014
dridowu: I WANT more children
smiley
Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by Provie(m): 5:42am On Oct 04, 2014
The Op is right.

The reason is that here in Africa, infertility is largely seen as a woman's problem; and the society sees infertility not just as inability to have any child but also the inability to has more dan one or two. So the woman will want many kids in order to prove her fertility and ward of any backyard insinuations that she is not fertile.

My thought though.
Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by Provie(m): 5:44am On Oct 04, 2014
The Op is right.

The reason is that here in Africa, infertility is largely seen as a woman's problem; and the society sees infertility not only as inability to have any child but also the inability to hav more dan just one or two. So the woman will want many kids in order to prove her fertility and ward off any backyard insinuations that she is not fertile.

My thought though.
Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by boboLIL(m): 5:51am On Oct 04, 2014
Nat only women,,, me too,,, ah want like nine cute kids atmost to mai name.....reason: God permiTted us to go in d world and multiply....so if lyF dae, God's favour con dae too,,, kids go dae......

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by kmoneyman: 5:55am On Oct 04, 2014
Yomieluv: Why won't they want more,are they the one taking care of the financial aspect?

They want more kids,because they use the kids as a source of companion,once the man starts misbehaving,or die.
So on point grin
Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by Ojestas(m): 6:07am On Oct 04, 2014
slimpoppa: maybe because they are not the ones footing the bills.
I disagree. They even foot more than the bills.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by buJu234: 6:12am On Oct 04, 2014
Cos she is not the one bringing the school fees na....

Woman only suffer once I.e 9 months pregnancy but d man suffers for a long time until the child is financially responsible.

Little reason women live longer than men

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by makzeze: 6:30am On Oct 04, 2014
engineerd: Cause their pus5y is forever WET and constantly running like a water fountain.....
this is offensive.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:32am On Oct 04, 2014
I wonder too.....

The wife wants one more after two
difficult pregnancies that ended in
Caesarian Sections.......!!!

My mind can't deal with it right now.
Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by tiarwale: 6:36am On Oct 04, 2014
patrickdarlins: my birthday its today...happy birthday to me!!!emmm op...d matter tire me oo...i confuse self....later i go tell u why....meanwhile....its my birthday...+fp tinx....am so happy
Happy Birthday.
Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by Nobody: 6:40am On Oct 04, 2014
Give birth to kids u can nurture n nt large number u can't afford to take care of. I wonder how people with harsh living conditions fend for their 4 to 5 kids.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by Nobody: 6:44am On Oct 04, 2014
The fear of the le mother-in-law is the beginning of wisdom. Unless you want one nkechi brought from the village specifically to help you do your child birthing duties
Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by pheesayor(m): 6:51am On Oct 04, 2014
All those blaming the man should remember it is the duty of the man to knack and the wives have ways of getting them to do so. It also the duty of both to agree to family planning and the method but this depends on the wife to succeed because once she refuses to do what she's supposed to do and there's intercourse then pregnancy is very possible.

OP apologies if I derailed
Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by beeevan: 6:52am On Oct 04, 2014
Her neighbor has 3, she needs 6 to beat her neighbor's record.

I would have loved plenty kids if I could just buy and not birth them undecided.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by gbaskiboy: 6:56am On Oct 04, 2014
slickyb: hehehehe.. I can't even shout concerning dis issue. I luv kids a lot nd I hope to give birth to nothing less dan 6 children by God's grace. future hubby I hope ur listening oh . haha
yeah that is a good idea! Hope ur back is wide enough to back them. So funny, hope u are enjoying ur holiday?
Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by Emodeee: 7:02am On Oct 04, 2014
y r d women wanting on dis thread?
Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by NickiRoman: 7:04am On Oct 04, 2014
Stop generalizing,Not All Women want more kids.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by timilehing(m): 7:04am On Oct 04, 2014
Because taking care of the kids financially is not their responsibility

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by MizTyna(f): 7:05am On Oct 04, 2014
Not every woman. I want just 2kids! Finish!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by Fourwinds: 7:07am On Oct 04, 2014
well dis question is best for d women. I think women just like kids around them if it means producing children throughout their life time. it is joy to them while we men look at our pockit
Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by Nobody: 7:07am On Oct 04, 2014
From what I've seen, it's men who tend to want more children.

Side comment: Try finding someone who doesn't want kids at all. It's damn near impossible.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by Mintayo(m): 7:09am On Oct 04, 2014
Not all women! Again,not all women!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by Nobody: 7:12am On Oct 04, 2014
They do cuz they belief the children are stable lovers and they see them as a better option. The more the children they have, the better they think their old age is secure. That's why u'll notice that once a woman starts bearing children, she gradually transfers her love to the children from the husband.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by steffans(m): 7:12am On Oct 04, 2014
this is d 2nd time this topic will make FP in less than a month.
Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by Nobody: 7:15am On Oct 04, 2014
[quote author=buJu234]Cos she is not the one bringing the school fees na....

Woman only suffer once I.e 9 months pregnancy but d man suffers for a long time until the child is financially responsible.

Little reason women live longer than men[/quote
The man of GOD has spoken.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by WoodcrestMayor(m): 7:15am On Oct 04, 2014
Me na 3 I want o!

Hw we go do am? cry
MizTyna: Not every woman. I want just 2kids! Finish!
Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by liyalla(m): 7:20am On Oct 04, 2014
Direct answer... I am a man. I want more kids.
Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by Feedmemore(f): 7:22am On Oct 04, 2014
Oduduwaboy:
i pity your wife, girlfriend, sister and mothers. i shake my head for you!

Same here.

At topic, as for me i only desire 2 kids maximum 3 not more than.
Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by ifekemmie(f): 7:25am On Oct 04, 2014
I dnt believe this! All i no is spacing of children. Most women dnt space their children much. Rush n rest,lol. As for much children, is not possible with all d pains we pass thru,all i know is after aving d no of children, u may av one unknowingly due to no family planning!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by 2good(m): 7:26am On Oct 04, 2014
Ojestas: I disagree. They even foot more than the bills.
m
I am very sure by 100% that you are not married otherwise you won't make the above comment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Wife Burnt My Boxers Because I Didn't Give Her 30k / Please Help, My Wife Wants To Leave Me / Benue Girl Who Was Found Wandering In Abakaliki Reunites With Her Dad (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.