Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,475 members, 7,781,386 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:37 PM

Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? (22252 Views)

Why Do Women Always Do This (Picture) / Why Do Some Women Want More Kids? / Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by chimmy2: 11:41am On Oct 04, 2014
Thanks for all your objective responses. Some learning has taken place.

A few responses were consistent with my personal thoughts too whilst others were completely different in the perspective they highlighted. And that was exactly what I was hoping for.

From the comment thread, I did realised that I similar topic was on front page lately. I didn't see that. Sorry, if this feels like clogging your space.

Thanks again.

Enjoy and happy sallah
Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by iamcandyboy(m): 11:49am On Oct 04, 2014
i will say they use it as a source of income, espcially when they bare a lot of girls.. From one house to another in the case of "OMUGWO"... when leaving their inlaw will make their pockets large 3x.. buy all stuffs... 98% of women like that.
Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 04, 2014
Huh? More gini? One no do? Wetin una wan carry pikin full everywhere for? Highest na two. If I born second my papa go ask if I'm okay sef. I go tell na I dey find double portion of annointing.

Not everyone really wants kids ooo. What about those people that doesn't want kids? Well, I used to think it's the guys that ask for more kids though. Didn't know ladies too want it like that. More palm oil to una elbows.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by Nkemsplendid: 12:42pm On Oct 04, 2014
Men and women are wired differently. When someone shouts 'BABY"! the man remembers late nights, poor sleep, costly diapers and worst of all, intimidating school fees. The woman on the other hands knows these truths in the recesses of her mind, but what comes to her immediately is visions of soft feet, curly hair, and a heavenly smile and she immediately wants more. Pragmatism will have to meet somewhere with Idealism when making those decisions about family size. as for the brother wondering why we forget all the stress of pregnancy and labor, study Oxytocin, a fantastic substance God made that does plenty, including causing memory loss! My husband and I both come from large families and while i loved it, he resented it. We've got 4 kids now, A girl & 3 Boys. Anything else will be stretching my luck and I don't want my kids having a surly Dad!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Oct 04, 2014
BaddieKay:
having more kids in a family is a 2 way thing...A woman can't impregnant herself,so if the man wants 2/3kids then he should wear a condom or stop spilling his seeds inside of her after desired number of kids he wants.

you dnt expect the lady to abort after d man have gotten her pregnant
Yea...she shld insist too...not coming out to say...I'm pregnant... and expect u to be happy...and this can't abort gist. It must be discussed and followed.
Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by Mclick(m): 1:19pm On Oct 04, 2014
Amusaopeyemi:

I'm an only child.
I see
Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by qtx(m): 1:30pm On Oct 04, 2014
slickyb:
hehehehe.. I can't even shout concerning dis issue. I luv kids a lot nd I hope to give birth to nothing less dan 6 children by God's grace. future hubby I hope ur listening oh . haha
Ok i have heard u, so let me work harder now.... grin
Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by adconline(m): 1:52pm On Oct 04, 2014
lizzysam29:
U sure? I don't is so wt must women bt few. Dis is 21st cen. & nt only men does lyk less stress of children wahala bt so does the d women too.
Are u serious? Speak in ur native language!
Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Oct 04, 2014
Well, I think one of the reason is that one or two more is like our insurance, in case some of the children should die when the biological clock don stop, GOd forbid sha, but a man can always have second and third chances even in their seventies but for a woman, 12 o'clock is 12 o'clock, so we like to add extra to make sure we are not left alone In case, God forbid baba God decided to select among them.
But sha ,all the recent plane crash and accidents has proved the this theory wrong, all can be take away at anytime, but we human can always evert that.
Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by debbleopto: 1:59pm On Oct 04, 2014
slimpoppa:
maybe because they are not the ones footing the bills.

They want to prove to their mates that they are very fertile. They are delighted seeing big population. One woman at one time came to Church to celebrate with her twelve children.
Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by tochukwu75(m): 2:17pm On Oct 04, 2014
slickyb:
hehehehe.. I can't even shout concerning dis issue. I luv kids a lot nd I hope to give birth to nothing less dan 6 children by God's grace. future hubby I hope ur listening oh . haha

By God's grace I will like to have 7 children (4boys and 3girls).
Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by patostation(m): 2:30pm On Oct 04, 2014
Civil servants look forward to retirement pension and life insurance. To most women, children are their insurance since they are the ones that benefit more when children start paying back to their parents. And the more, the better.
Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by infogenius(m): 2:32pm On Oct 04, 2014
Amusaopeyemi:

Who says i'll give birth to all of them? I'll definitely adopt some too.
I can't wait sha buh ryt now i've got to make money.
OK ,that's nice.abeg make money and plenty of it.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by slickyb(f): 2:43pm On Oct 04, 2014
qtx:

Ok i have heard u, so let me work harder now.... grin
u gats to work very hard oh. It wouldn't b an easy task. hehehe
Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by slickyb(f): 2:47pm On Oct 04, 2014
tochukwu75:

By God's grace I will like to have 7 children (4boys and 3girls).
3 boys 3girls...same as we ar in my family smiley
Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by qtx(m): 3:05pm On Oct 04, 2014
slickyb:

u gats to work very hard oh. It wouldn't b an easy task. hehehe
lol, like carrying concrete for the construction of a 20 storey building right? dont worry i have the energy.
Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by chimmy2: 3:30pm On Oct 04, 2014
My best response yet. Thanks dear...

Nkemsplendid:
Men and women are wired differently. When someone shouts 'BABY"! the man remembers late nights, poor sleep, costly diapers and worst of all, intimidating school fees. The woman on the other hands knows these truths in the recesses of her mind, but what comes to her immediately is visions of soft feet, curly hair, and a heavenly smile and she immediately wants more. Pragmatism will have to meet somewhere with Idealism when making those decisions about family size. as for the brother wondering why we forget all the stress of pregnancy and labor, study Oxytocin, a fantastic substance God made that does plenty, including causing memory loss! My husband and I both come from large families and while i loved it, he resented it. We've got 4 kids now, A girl & 3 Boys. Anything else will be stretching my luck and I don't want my kids having a surly Dad!
Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by koyyess: 3:31pm On Oct 04, 2014
Provie:
The Op is right.

The reason is that here in Africa, infertility is largely seen as a woman's problem; and the society sees infertility not just as inability to have any child but also the inability to has more dan one or two. So the woman will want many kids in order to prove her fertility and ward of any backyard insinuations that she is not fertile.

My thought though.
So she's giving birth for the society? Is it the society that will feed,cloth and pay the fees of the kids? That does not sound civilized if such mentality still exists.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by soonest(f): 3:51pm On Oct 04, 2014
Yomieluv:
Why won't they want more,are they the one taking care of the financial aspect?

They want more kids,because they use the kids as a source of companion,once the man starts misbehaving,or die.
Financial aspect!! So where u come from women don't contribute financially. Pls where's that? Definitely not Nigeria.
@Op, I have always wondered cos giving birth and nurturing them can make one go gaga but then we forget so fast. I think for a woman d benefits far outweighs d inconveniences. We are wired differently you know!
Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by defendedvictim(m): 4:14pm On Oct 04, 2014
slickyb:
noo..I am Nt listening. mbanu
Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by slickyb(f): 4:20pm On Oct 04, 2014
qtx:
lol, like carrying concrete for the construction of a 20 storey building right? dont worry i have the energy.
cheesy
Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by slickyb(f): 4:22pm On Oct 04, 2014
defendedvictim:
noo..I am Nt listening. mbanu
no ur not listening...but my future hobby is
Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by Sarimah(f): 4:23pm On Oct 04, 2014
SmellMyFart:
u like booking space.. undecided
Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 04, 2014
soonest:

Financial aspect!! So where u come from women don't contribute financially. Pls where's that? Definitely not Nigeria.
@Op, I have always wondered cos giving birth and nurturing them can make one go gaga but then we forget so fast. I think for a woman d benefits far outweighs d inconveniences. We are wired differently you know!
so long as u foot d bills...the wiring no suppose rope another person in.
Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by defendedvictim(m): 4:24pm On Oct 04, 2014
slickyb:

no ur not listening...but my future hobby is
wheeew! tot twas my future wife sef. hop he is listening too
Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 04, 2014
Sarimah:
u like booking space.. undecided
sarimah how r u ?
Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by Sarimah(f): 4:36pm On Oct 04, 2014
Unibenstudent:
sarimah how r u ?
fine u?
Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 04, 2014
Sarimah:
fine u?
cool,cool..let's act a film ?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by richybanky(m): 4:38pm On Oct 04, 2014
Mancity26:

d woman go come old quick quick, her bre*st go come bi lik slippers..#team3kids
Lmao... Baddest guy ever liveth grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by Sarimah(f): 4:46pm On Oct 04, 2014
Unibenstudent:
cool,cool..let's act a film ?
how?
Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 04, 2014
Sarimah:
how?
you will play the character of a billionaires daughter ,why I willl play the role of a cassanova ...and u will be trying to chjange the cassanova
Re: Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? by Provie(m): 4:54pm On Oct 04, 2014
koyyess:
So she's giving birth for the society? Is it the society that will feed,cloth and pay the fees of the kids? That does not sound civilized if such mentality still exists.

It doesn't sound civilized; dat's why I limited it to African reasoning particularly from d woman's perspective. I hate dat line of reasoning, bt I am not ignorant of the stigma attached to infertility and its SHADOWS. The point I was making is that the average African woman prefers the hellish burden of catering for many kids than having just one or two and be seen as next to infertile.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? / Please Help, My Wife Wants To Leave Me / Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.