Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

My Wordpress Website Keeps Coming Blank - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My Wordpress Website Keeps Coming Blank (1266 Views)

My Wordpress Website Has Being Hacked / Please How Do I Link My .wordpress Blog With My .com Domain / How Do I Transfer My Wordpress website to replace an existing website in Cpanel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wordpress Website Keeps Coming Blank by DaVinChiSam(m): 4:32am On Oct 04, 2014
hello guys my wordpress keeps turning blank. I even had to delete and reinstall I have access to the backend dashboard but nothing I do affects anything... it just keeps showing blank.... I thought it had to do with a theme I recently installed. I deleted it thesame thing. I also deactivated all the recent plugins i installed same thing...

Please someone help me out here... thanks...
Re: My Wordpress Website Keeps Coming Blank by egift(m): 5:14am On Oct 04, 2014
Since you have access to the dashboard, try activating the default WP theme, clear cache and view. If it come up, Deactivate all your plugins and reactivate them one after the other. (NB: I did not say delete).

Also if you can look up the error log at the File Manager in the cPanel, you can get some idea of where it is coming from.

1 Like

Re: My Wordpress Website Keeps Coming Blank by DaVinChiSam(m): 6:14am On Oct 04, 2014
egift: Since you have access to the dashboard, try activating the default WP theme, clear cache and view. If it come up, Deactivate all your plugins and reactivate them one after the other. (NB: I did not say delete).

Also if you can look up the error log at the File Manager in the cPanel, you can get some idea of where it is coming from.

Thanks for responding... but please, when you say clear cache, you mean on my browser? or ? and if in wordpress how do I do that? also I couldn't find any error log in at the file manager in the cPanel, i'm using hostgator, how can I locate it?

Please is it possible I contact you?

Thanks
Re: My Wordpress Website Keeps Coming Blank by DaVinChiSam(m): 8:10am On Oct 04, 2014
Please tis urgent
Re: My Wordpress Website Keeps Coming Blank by egift(m): 10:54am On Oct 04, 2014
DaVinChiSam:

Thanks for responding... but please, when you say clear cache, you mean on my browser? or ? and if in wordpress how do I do that? also I couldn't find any error log in at the file manager in the cPanel, i'm using hostgator, how can I locate it?

Please is it possible I contact you?

Thanks

- On the cache, I meant Browser cache. And if you have any cache plugin running, then you will need to clear that too.
- On the error log, scroll to the end on the home of your cPanel, reset set settings. When you click the File Manager, you will get the option to view hidden files.

Alternatively, open a Technical Support Ticket at Hostgator, they can assist in rectifying it for you. All the best.

1 Like

Re: My Wordpress Website Keeps Coming Blank by Nairawebhosts(m): 12:16am On Oct 05, 2014
you will need to read this post on how to fix ASAP Fix Wp White Screen
Re: My Wordpress Website Keeps Coming Blank by DaVinChiSam(m): 4:58am On Oct 05, 2014
Thanks guys... I've tried all of the above... I don't know what I'm missing out but its' still the same thing... I'm also yet to hear from Hostgator after creating a ticket since 48hours now.... I'm totally devastated and I don't even know what my options are now...
Re: My Wordpress Website Keeps Coming Blank by egift(m): 7:59am On Oct 05, 2014
DaVinChiSam:
Thanks guys... I've tried all of the above... I don't know what I'm missing out but its' still the same thing... I'm also yet to hear from Hostgator after creating a ticket since 48hours now.... I'm totally devastated and I don't even know what my options are now...

For now don't panic so you don't end up destroying you site. I will prefer wait for your host (I don't have access to your site - I could have reviewed it - If interested, use http://websubsidy.net/contact-us/ to send details).

You can also run some Google search for possible solution.
Re: My Wordpress Website Keeps Coming Blank by eliteweb(m): 4:56pm On Oct 05, 2014
Open your wp-config.php in your Cpanel root folder and change WP DEBUG from FALSE to TRUE. Then refresh your site again. That will show u any error code in the website... Goodluck
Re: My Wordpress Website Keeps Coming Blank by DaVinChiSam(m): 1:32am On Oct 06, 2014
Thanks alot... Hostgator finally responded thus

This was being caused by the presence of a 0 sized (blank) index.html page sitting in your public_html:

[root@gator4125 /home2/davinchi/www]# ll | grep index
-rw-r--r-- 1 davinchi davinchi 0 Sep 30 02:44 index.html
-rw-r--r-- 1 davinchi davinchi 418 Sep 24 2013 index.php

This was taking precendence over Wordpress's index.php. Your site should be loading correctly now.

Please anyone knows what this means and/or how I can avoid it in future?

egift:

For now don't panic so you don't end up destroying you site. I will prefer wait for your host (I don't have access to your site - I could have reviewed it - If interested, use http://websubsidy.net/contact-us/ to send details).
You can also run some Google search for possible solution.

Sir the number on that page yours?
Re: My Wordpress Website Keeps Coming Blank by egift(m): 7:10am On Oct 06, 2014
DaVinChiSam:

This was being caused by the presence of a 0 sized (blank) index.html page sitting in your public_html:

This was taking precendence over Wordpress's index.php. Your site should be loading correctly now.

From the responds, your site should be loading no. If not, do the following:
1. Clear your browser cache and reload your site (try reloading by pressing Ctrl+F5 OR preview your site with a proxy - http://proxy.tunnelguru.com/httpproxy/ to bypass your cache).
2. If your site is still not loading, goto the cPanel > File Manager > Public_HTML - and delete "index.html" - It seems you had a HTML site uploaded before.

(Importantly, do NOT touch index.php - It is your WP installation Home page).
Re: My Wordpress Website Keeps Coming Blank by egift(m): 7:11am On Oct 06, 2014
(Double post)
Re: My Wordpress Website Keeps Coming Blank by sarutobi: 11:02am On Oct 06, 2014
DaVinChiSam:

What they are trying to say is this:

When you load your website, most webservers scan your root dir for the "index.html" file before moving on to the index.php file

Wordpress uses the index.php, and since you have a blank index.html file, apache (your webserver) will blindly serve you that.

To avoid this in the future, you need to obvoiusly delete the index.html file so that your webserver can move on to serve you index.php

There is another method which is the .htaccess file. In this file you can forcefully tell apache to laod the index.php file first

Another way is to specify your root file in apache config, but i am guessing you are on a shared host hence u mite not have access to that.

Cheers.

(1) (Reply)

Can You Solve This PHP Problem?? / Mobimatic App Builder - Create Mobile Apps In 5 Mins / 244k Facebook Group Available For Sale @ Just 50k ( Negotiable)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.