Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,510 members, 7,770,298 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:49 AM

What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? (151039 Views)

The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? / Salary Of Fresh Graduate Level 8 At Nigerian Communications Commission - NCC / Average Salary For A Lawyer In A Law Firm In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by naijarates(m): 10:16am On Oct 04, 2014
For the sacrifice these guys make for this nation, I will like to know what an average Nigerian soldier earns a month.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by mkoabiola: 11:00am On Oct 04, 2014
So u xpect me to tell u my salary online.
Join d NA n knw

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by ogaofficer(m): 11:00am On Oct 04, 2014
4 those recruite(spellcheck) i guez they earn 40k most o o. I knw ogas at d top wu earn 120k lieutenant. 2ND TO COMMENT. NEXT WIK GO MAKE SENSE DIE STARTING FROM 2MAO. IF CHELSEA SHUD DFEAT ARSENAL 2mao that will be A GREAt TESTIMONY.

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Oct 04, 2014
ogaofficer:
4 those recruite(spellcheck) i guez they earn 40k most o o. I knw ogas at d top wu earn 120k lieutenant.
u wrong sire; Nig. Army recruits . 80k/month; d sub leitenants; -- 180k/month; confirmed n factual;

Its d police recruits dat earn 40k/month.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by hunter21(m): 12:47pm On Oct 04, 2014
Raymondenyi:
u wrong sire; Nig. Army recruits . 80k/month; d sub leitenants; -- 180k/month; confirmed n factual;

the salary is not that bad so why do they keep complaining

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by osile2012: 1:21pm On Oct 04, 2014
hunter21:

will u stand under the sun and expose ur life to the danger of death on a daily bases for 80k? Be transferred without prior notice for 80k?

174 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by dridowu: 1:27pm On Oct 04, 2014
$9.3m per month

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 04, 2014
hunter21:

I'mm really disappointed; a sensible human will make dis kind of comment; I mean its embarrasing, bro; what re u saying? 80k ; to givve u a gun; for u to risk ur life; n u say; the pay is not dat bad? Bro re u sure u really sane? God help us; in what poverty in dis con3 has turned our youths into..

174 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by dober(m): 2:32pm On Oct 04, 2014
Hmmm. Na em make these army recruits too de vex..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by jking001(m): 2:34pm On Oct 04, 2014
very good salary ,i should join the N/A

Raymondenyi:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by rattlesnake(m): 3:45pm On Oct 04, 2014
Yellow fever is like 8,500 smiley

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Omololu007(m): 3:56pm On Oct 04, 2014
hunter21:

well i bliv,pple are joinin d army,cos dey wanna defend and protect thier country,so they wont care about the money.80k nah change o,a friend of mine jst got a job in a bank and he will b paid 350k every month,he go just dey sit for insyd air condition,dey receive dat amount o,,and i know pple who work in oil companies and earn more dan 600k every month,,but dis soldiers that are risking dia life for u and i,are receivin 80k,u no fit use am buy wine in som hotel...is so dam small.

78 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Sunnybobo3(m): 3:57pm On Oct 04, 2014
Raymondenyi:
I'mm really disappointed; a sensible human will make dis kind of comment; I mean its embarrasing, bro; what re u saying? 80k ; to givve u a gun; for u to risk ur life; n u say; the pay is not dat bad? Bro re u sure u really sane? God help us; in what poverty in dis con3 has turned our youths into..

Stop ranting bro. 80k is a very decent salary for army recruits in a country where the minimum wage is 18k.

I even doubt it's up to that. I'll be surprised if it is.

150 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by publicenemy(m): 4:08pm On Oct 04, 2014
Raymondenyi:

Do you know how much the U.S soldiers earn?

How much does a banker earn for a start?..its jusst like any other job their salary increases with time.and don't forget they are entitled to free accomodationn.

There are jobless graduates roaminng the streets, abi you don forget how many graduates die for abuja and lagos stadium searching for immigrationn jobs?

28 Likes

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by hunter21(m): 4:26pm On Oct 04, 2014
Raymondenyi:
80 thousand naira for a private plus barracks accomodation, subsidized education for their wards, subsidized healthcare, they can still do some other jobs during peacetime and they dont even pay for bus.

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Akinsz: 4:34pm On Oct 04, 2014
A private in the army earn 56k as at 2011, but now it might have been changed.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Princecalm(m): 4:40pm On Oct 04, 2014
You should not compare a soldier to a banker,a banker is way above a soldier.But a soldier can also tell a banker to lie flat if he misbehaves.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by ogaofficer(m): 4:43pm On Oct 04, 2014
Raymondenyi:

tankz, bro, buh i guez they jst increas it due to d security issues.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by comrChris(m): 4:46pm On Oct 04, 2014
Not bad and in the other way not too good considering what these guys are passing through
Not bad because they make money on the highways on a daily bases,l don't think they even touch their salary for anything

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by spenc: 5:02pm On Oct 04, 2014
[Raymondenyi:
u wrong sire; Nig. Army recruits . 80k/month; d sub
leitenants; -- 180k/month; confirmed n factual;
Its d police recruits dat earn 40k/month.]

Wrong, very wrong.

Private - 59k
Lcpl- 62k
Cpl - 67k
Sgt- 70k
SSgt- 87k
Wo- 100k
Mwo 150k

the figures above vary a little based on the number of years spent on the rank. I am not on a guess ride cus i am involved. If not for the ongoing Army GCM i would have scanned a payslip for all to see. Please before u post anything ensure itz a fact.

124 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by BlackTechnology: 5:20pm On Oct 04, 2014
Raymondenyi:

80k is good enough for a recruit who is not a graduate.

If he invests a part of those salaries every month for 10yrs, he would be able to establish a good business for himself that can take care of him after retirement.

Remember

It is not how much you earn that matters but how much you are able to set aside to invest for businesses

So when picking a job, you look at how much you can set aside to invest for businesses

For me a SSCE holder earning 80k can invest 30k every month which will amount to over 3.6million in 10yrs sufficient enough to start up a good part time business during his remaining military years.

For a graduate earning 180k, if he invests at least 80k every month, it will amount to 9.6million after 10 yrs. Sufficient enough to start up a good part time business during his remaining military years.

But first we must verify their real incomes

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by jedisco(m): 5:22pm On Oct 04, 2014
spenc:
[Raymondenyi:
u wrong sire; Nig. Army recruits . 80k/month; d sub
leitenants; -- 180k/month; confirmed n factual;
Its d police recruits dat earn 40k/month.]

Wrong, very wrong.

Private - 59k
Lcpl- 62k
Cpl - 67k
Sgt- 70k
SSgt- 87k
Wo- 100k
Mwo 150k

the figures above vary a little based on the number of years spent on the rank. I am not on a guess ride cus i am involved. If not for the ongoing Army GCM i would have scanned a payslip for all to see. Please before u post anything ensure itz a fact.

Gud.
What about the pay for officers?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 04, 2014
I dont tnk their basic salary suld be too much, lest our ogas at the top will fill d army with their people who will not venture into the hot zones! But I think allowances for going into dangerous operations should be more than adequate and should be promptly paid!

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by fr3do(m): 5:47pm On Oct 04, 2014
Princecalm:
You should not compare a soldier to a banker,a banker is way above a soldier.But a soldier can also tell a banker to lie flat if he misbehaves.

How?

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by nickz(m): 6:02pm On Oct 04, 2014
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by ayusco85(m): 6:37pm On Oct 04, 2014
officer or recruit? be specific. but i heard its not that much
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by QMark: 6:37pm On Oct 04, 2014
Questions dey this Nairaland sha

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by omanifrank(m): 6:37pm On Oct 04, 2014
ayusco85:
talk well

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by omanifrank(m): 6:37pm On Oct 04, 2014
QMark:
nl
u don com again

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Logistics Or Supply Chain Management / Salary Of Fresh Graduate Level 8 At Nigerian Communications Commission - NCC / What Nigerian Banks Pay Their Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.