Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,660 members, 7,801,913 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? - Career (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? (151232 Views)

The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? / Salary Of Fresh Graduate Level 8 At Nigerian Communications Commission - NCC / Average Salary For A Lawyer In A Law Firm In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by IYANGBALI: 10:27pm On Oct 05, 2014
Humblesam:

All way na way...
How the thing take come no concern you, na how you go take spend am,na that one suppose be your headache cheesy
And for your info, school;I never go .....
How I dey take survive; na God hand that one dey,nothing wer that Man no fit do.
liar
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Humblesam(m): 10:30pm On Oct 05, 2014
ijbeauty:

Oh I see, thanks for that.... I hope I will summon courage one day to ask him how much his pay is....

Quite okay then, but even if you don't ask him or he refuses to tell you about it, just know that what am telling here is the basic salary of a private in the army.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Humblesam(m): 10:32pm On Oct 05, 2014
IYANGBALI:
liar
But that's the gospel truth... Why would I lie to you? I don't like faking.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by IYANGBALI: 10:35pm On Oct 05, 2014
Humblesam:

But that's the gospel truth... Why would I lie to you? I don't like faking.
leave me jo,I dey go fok
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Humblesam(m): 10:42pm On Oct 05, 2014
IYANGBALI:
leave me jo,I dey go fok

Kai! Stop that abeg.
Na food?
Oya find me come for Deliverance tomorrow before it's too late because I must take you to Heaven by fire by force.
Na my Mandate be that.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by IYANGBALI: 10:48pm On Oct 05, 2014
Humblesam:

Kai! Stop that abeg.
Na food?
Oya find me come for Deliverance tomorrow before it's too late because I must take you to Heaven by fire by force.
Na my Mandate be that.
so that you can ra_pe me abi?your body don full,no go look for ashawo fok
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by fem88(m): 10:50pm On Oct 05, 2014
hunter21:

the salary is not that bad so why do they keep complaining
Bros go join them now so u can know why
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Omololu007(m): 10:54pm On Oct 05, 2014
olajide8:

Because 1 ETI is not a nigerian bank* eco-transnational incorporated its a finance and investment company which owns ecobank- and 2 because they don't pay any nigerian 350k, except like I said you are a SBO, BBM, or AM - they pay the few that are chosen, in dollars and they may not necessarily be based in nigeria- mostly in togo* the "executives" in training have over 8years experience with ecobank -before they are sent by road not even by air to togo for the exams and then training and I would tell you- ecobank if you are looking at it from outside is not what it is on the inside* -
ok
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Humblesam(m): 11:00pm On Oct 05, 2014
IYANGBALI:
so that you can ra_pe me abi?your body don full,no go look for ashawo fok

You are not serious.... I would never allow you to waste this beauty....I must bring the best out of you.
see ya tomorrow when you are awake.
catch you on Whatsapp!
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Humblesam(m): 11:06pm On Oct 05, 2014
This gal don carry me comot for thread tey tey grin

Now back to topic; Only God will change things in the Nigerian Arm forces particularly the army.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by InvertedHammer: 12:21am On Oct 06, 2014
gtrust:

Just to put the records straight:
1- I'm not a Psychologist ( I said higher than)
2- I'm not in the US Army
3- since you claim to know, how much is deployment allowance Deployment allowance for 3 consecutive years
4- this is not about you and me!

This is about knowledge and opportunities available out there and genuine.

Finally, I don't work for or on behave of the US and I'm not a recruiter or an agent and I don't know an agent.

US Recruitment is very straightforward and direct with no intermediaries for those interested.

I'm sorry I made a contribution.
/
We are exchanging information. Sorry for my harsh tone.
Of course, there is a lot of opportunities in the US military but mostly in benefits such as VA mortgages, tuition payments or reimbursement (you have to work for the military for a specified number of years after graduation), etc.

Salary is never the primary motivation for joining the US military. I got involved in this exchange when you started throwing out fictitious numbers as facts. As a matter of fact, I called some colleagues to see if there is a raise that we are not aware of. Of course, there were raises earlier this year but nothing remotely close to the numbers you are quoting. Deployment benefits are in the hundreds of dollars and when added together is less than $2k/month. So the $250k/yr for a Psychologist in the US military is an IMPOSSIBILITY. And for N100m equivalent in less than 3 years as stated by some dude is ridiculous as well comical.

NB: Some folks on NL are not teenagers or High School students. So when you put out information, expect some rebuttals.
/
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by DutchNegro(m): 6:59am On Oct 06, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

Stop ranting bro. 80k is a very decent salary for army recruits in a country where the minimum wage is 18k.

I even doubt it's up to that. I'll be surprised if it is.

How does that(minimum wage) Justify d pay(80K)?

U can have ur brother work at a pure-water factory for even 15K, but not in d army for 80K..so, whatever d minimum wage is, it doesn't justify d pay for a kinda "life on d edge" life dis guyz live.

They been like a bleeping dead gun from the very minute they got called to serve d nation
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Sunnybobo3(m): 8:31am On Oct 06, 2014
DutchNegro:

How does that(minimum wage) Justify d pay(80K)?

U can have ur brother work at a pure-water factory for even 15K, but not in d army for 80K..so, whatever d minimum wage is, it doesn't justify d pay for a kinda "life on d edge" life dis guyz live.

They been like a bleeping dead gun from the very minute they got called to serve d nation

How much does a new recruit earn in the British army?
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by victorv12(m): 9:19am On Oct 06, 2014
Okpuzu01:
I am a discharged soldier. U guys comparing a banker wit a soldier shuld tink twice. V u been on top of ur wife at night n u r suddely called to ajuwaya n report to duty? U go on ur annual leave n enjoy it as u lyk nt as for a soldier, he cn spend a week n he is recalled bk to duty. A soldier will be on guard duty for a whole two weeks witout seen his family. Cn u go to ur office n remain der for a whole two weeks witout seen ur family? A soldier cn wear his boot for a whole week witout removing it, cn u wear ur shoes for a whole week witout removing it? V u ever heard d sound of a riffle before? Ordinary kockout will make some of u to shit in ur pant. Do u know wot it means to be in d trench for days witout taking ur bath? Dat riffle u c, wen d magazine is fully loaded, carry it for a whole day n c wot u will feel in ur muscules. Do u know wot it means to be on sentry for hours? Be on parade for hours witout shaking or moving ur body? Cn u live in the bush for weeks or months sleeping in d tent? Do u know d distance soldiers covers wen trecking in an operation? Some of u will treck from Oshodi to Agege during fuel scarcity n be cursing d govt bt a soldier covers miles during an operation cos its nt everywere dat is motorable. My guy, be honest wit urself, does 80k worth all dis?

Hat off for you. You're a soldier!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by IDERAWOLE(m): 9:55am On Oct 06, 2014
Raymondenyi:
I'mm really disappointed; a sensible human will make dis kind of comment; I mean its embarrasing, bro; what re u saying? 80k ; to givve u a gun; for u to risk ur life; n u say; the pay is not dat bad? Bro re u sure u really sane? God help us; in what poverty in dis con3 has turned our youths into..

If the pay is bad what is he doing in the army, he should have joined the customs where he can harass people for better take home pay.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by SailorXY: 11:11am On Oct 06, 2014
InvertedHammer:

/
We are exchanging information. Sorry for my harsh tone.
Of course, there is a lot of opportunities in the US military but mostly in benefits such as VA mortgages, tuition payments or reimbursement (you have to work for the military for a specified number of years after graduation), etc.

Salary is never the primary motivation for joining the US military. I got involved in this exchange when you started throwing out fictitious numbers as facts. As a matter of fact, I called some colleagues to see if there is a raise that we are not aware of. Of course, there were raises earlier this year but nothing remotely close to the numbers you are quoting. Deployment benefits are in the hundreds of dollars and when added together is less than $2k/month. So the $250k/yr for a Psychologist in the US military is an IMPOSSIBILITY. And for N100m equivalent in less than 3 years as stated by some dude is ridiculous as well comical.

NB: Some folks on NL are not teenagers or High School students. So when you put out information, expect some rebuttals.
/
how easy is it for a non-US national as a professional to join the US Army?
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Sagamite(m): 11:13am On Oct 06, 2014
Raymondenyi:
I'mm really disappointed; a sensible human will make dis kind of comment; I mean its embarrasing, bro; what re u saying? 80k ; to givve u a gun; for u to risk ur life; n u say; the pay is not dat bad? Bro re u sure u really sane? God help us; in what poverty in dis con3 has turned our youths into..

So what are you expecting them to be paid?

And why that pay level?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by akinlolu264: 12:29pm On Oct 06, 2014
Princecalm:
You should not compare a soldier to a banker,a banker is way above a soldier.But a soldier can also tell a banker to lie flat if he misbehaves.
How?no be banker go prepared the salary of soldiers?and moreover bankers have minimum of nd compare to O' level of soldiers.
Just saying
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by weselomo(m): 2:46pm On Oct 06, 2014
i think im beginning to realise dat in nairaland, u dont garner much experience from the headline compare to u guyz comments. funny, wisdom and sensible comments always.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Nursy(f): 7:04pm On Oct 06, 2014
Aunty eru aya, se won ran yi si mi sha?
IYANGBALI:
come bak here,take your tear tear pant grin
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by IYANGBALI: 7:17pm On Oct 06, 2014
Nursy:
Aunty eru aya, se won ran yi si mi sha?
you dey jealoous my bleasts,dem big and succulent pass your tiny own,if dat your soldier boys see am,na to divorce you straight grin
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by SailorXY: 7:25pm On Oct 06, 2014
IYANGBALI:
you dey jealoous my bleasts,dem big and succulent pass your tiny own,if dat your soldier boys see am,na to divorce you straight grin
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Friendz4blue(m): 8:03pm On Oct 06, 2014
u dat wants to scan payslip ....u lie..for ur info.d salary in the army.airforce and navy differs even on d same rank.based on the different allowances added to their basic salary..army earns d smallest compared to airforce n navy.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by IYANGBALI: 8:06pm On Oct 06, 2014
SailorXY:
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
try am now,show him my profile picture,if him no go fashi you for epo robi{crude oil}wey dey my chest tongue ma gba mon e lowo,ma je nijekuje fun e grin
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by SailorXY: 9:22pm On Oct 06, 2014
IYANGBALI:
try am now,show him my profile picture,if him no go fashi you for epo robi{crude oil}wey dey my chest tongue ma gba mon e lowo,ma je nijekuje fun e grin
i be man oo shocked shocked shocked
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by IYANGBALI: 12:14am On Oct 07, 2014
SailorXY:

i be man oo shocked shocked shocked
sowie jawe
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by NosaForNSF(m): 12:35am On Oct 07, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

Stop ranting bro. 80k is a very decent salary for army recruits in a country where the minimum wage is 18k.

I even doubt it's up to that. I'll be surprised if it is.

Its not really up to 80k most especially for the privates. They receives about 73k which doesn't worth d risk involved in d field.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:01am On Oct 07, 2014
NosaForNSF:

Its not really up to 80k most especially for the privates. They receives about 73k which doesn't worth d risk involved in d field.

When in the field, they receive a daily allowance which adds up to more than the monthly salary for every month they are out there.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by pobosky20(m): 7:45am On Oct 07, 2014
see figures abeg. To be frank with u all, a private soldier earns 49/ 50k (depending on yrs spent on current rank), a lance corporal earns 52k while a corporal earns only 55k(nb:may rise to 58k after 8yrs on same rank).
**These are d confirmed once i can give u**
Nb; NCOs(those on lower ranks,not d officers) promotion is very poor. some joined d army since 95 and are still lance corporals.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by liongirl: 9:43am On Oct 07, 2014
Oga pls my boyfriend is a final yr student of criminolgy and security studies he insist that he is joining the army. Kindly advise on how he will go about it. Tanks
spenc:
[Raymondenyi:
u wrong sire; Nig. Army recruits . 80k/month; d sub
leitenants; -- 180k/month; confirmed n factual;
Its d police recruits dat earn 40k/month.]

Wrong, very wrong.
Oga
Private - 59k
Lcpl- 62k
Cpl - 67k
Sgt- 70k
SSgt- 87k
Wo- 100k
Mwo 150k

the figures above vary a little based on the number of years spent on the rank. I am not on a guess ride cus i am involved. If not for the ongoing Army GCM i would have scanned a payslip for all to see. Please before u post anything ensure itz a fact.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Princecalm(m): 10:08am On Oct 07, 2014
fr3do:

How?
you are asking how,are you not in Nigeria,now compare the salaries of the heads of each sector
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Princecalm(m): 10:10am On Oct 07, 2014
Reference:

What makes a banker way above a soldier Mr man. Please inform us.
what should even come to your mind first is the salary each receives.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? / Logistics Or Supply Chain Management / Salary Of Fresh Graduate Level 8 At Nigerian Communications Commission - NCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.