Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,816 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

Reasons Why Most Nigerian Developers Are Poor - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Reasons Why Most Nigerian Developers Are Poor (2921 Views)

My Advice To All Nigerian Developers / Most Web Developers Are Guilty Of This / Most Nigerian Website Owners Allow Their Domains To Expire: Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why Most Nigerian Developers Are Poor by onyengbu: 9:48pm On Oct 10, 2014
moderatorr:

Personally i don't do sites for less than 100k for the past 2 years, because i realised that its better i deliver classic and useful websites than a beautiful-on-the surface and useless website.
Its a lie! You just lied!
Here is my proof!
moderatorr:

I'll do thunderclap.it for 35k.
Why una de lie any how for this nairaland, ehh?

Some of us read everything here ooo and we dont forget. grin

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Most Nigerian Developers Are Poor by udokpuenyi(m): 11:00pm On Oct 10, 2014
For clarity purpose, I think we have draw a line between a static website designers and web application developers. They are not the same thing and can never be. May be those who collect kobo kobo are those who hurriedly put together one or two template based static pages based on client's demand without properly conceptualizing the site before design, the can use any of the available CMS to do the their job with little overhead, so they can afford to collect little amount, at the end what you pay for is what you get.
Even at that, a well planned static custom website cost some money because the scripting(html, css and javascript) and the media( images and animations) among other things have to be catered for.

In as much as the poster allowed the human weakness to mix up with his post, I cannot but I agree with him. I still doubt if a coder that know his onion will ridicule himself with ten ten naira jobs. Web programming is very stressful and highly mental tasking job. Unlike window based application where once you master the particular language and database you want to use, you are good to go, a working web application most times comprises of about four or more languages crafted together to build a working site.

To my uttermost confusion, 10k-50k collected to build a website (web application) no matter how small the size of the site is, is it for planning the site alone or paying the graphic designer. Is it for creating a cross platform responsive css code since every tom and gerry now want to access a website from their phones, ipads and tablets apart from their normal computers; or is it for html5 standard coding , even old javascript now has given birth to a powerful son "jquery with associated ajax technology" which every webmaster must learn, before you finally land into php,python, asp.net or any other web server language. Funny enough all the codes written in all these languages for a particular website most run harmoniously without error for a site to return all the expected results.
After writing hundreds of lines of codes in dozens of running script files, a webmaster collects 50k for days or even weeks of sleepless night, that webmaster needs to visit 'yabaleft'.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Most Nigerian Developers Are Poor by Sibrah: 12:57am On Oct 11, 2014
^^
The issue of 10-50k pricing juxterposed with the uncertainty of landing a client makes me think web development is a side thing at times.
Like u said one has to combine some three or four lang/technologies to finish a good webapp, making matters worse.
Re: Reasons Why Most Nigerian Developers Are Poor by Sibrah: 1:04am On Oct 11, 2014
onyengbu:

Here is my proof!

The truth many aren't creative or willing to put long hours into learning. Most people depend on replication and editing of already existing works.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Most Nigerian Developers Are Poor by moderatorr: 2:21am On Oct 11, 2014
Sibrah:
Moderatorr, Did you just say u were willing to build a banking app for 580k? What type of banking app is that? MySQL or MSSQL based?

Yeah, mySQl based. And thanks for your objective analysis of one of my sites on the other thread sometime ago.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Most Nigerian Developers Are Poor by Sibrah: 11:31am On Oct 11, 2014
moderatorr:

Yeah, mySQl based. And thanks for your objective analysis of one of my sites on the other thread sometime ago.
That's dead cheap if you ask me.
Will the app be able to automate loan processing and have good GL structure e.t.c
I suspect you 've stumble upon one open source banking app you are planing to use, otherwise i don't see the economic sense in it.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Most Nigerian Developers Are Poor by moderatorr: 10:04pm On Oct 11, 2014
Sibrah:
That's dead cheap if you ask me.
Will the app be able to automate loan processing and have good GL structure e.t.c
I suspect you 've stumble upon one open source banking app you are planing to use, otherwise i don't see the economic sense in it.
It is not visionary to use an open source app to do such a contract.
I don't even use open source apps to build any of my sites, i prefer do everything from scratch, nomatter how "easy" it would have been to beat into the project using wordpress, joomla, drupal etc
Yes, you are correct, its dead cheap, considering the nature of events surrounding the request then, that was the prize i tagged it. I didn't expose the full details of the deal though. But as i said, it didn't fall through.
Loan processing automation and GL structure are also part of the modules. The demands were specific.
Re: Reasons Why Most Nigerian Developers Are Poor by olyivy(f): 10:39pm On Oct 11, 2014
The way people de take lie for this webmasters section eee!

Chai!
Re: Reasons Why Most Nigerian Developers Are Poor by moderatorr: 11:23pm On Oct 11, 2014
onyengbu:

Here is my proof!

Take it easy bro, i feel your pain..You still carry your wack attitude of quoting people out of context into this thread again?

In that thread,
How could you say you would do a thunderclap.it for 40k?
And even agree to negotiate for further down with the client? That's criminal.
You weren't being realistic with the client? how much would you then use to host it?
I sarcastically said i would do it for 35k (with a smilie) just to show you how impossible that is.
You would end up with a tiny host for such a traffic intensive site. Which will greatly incapacitate the site.
You are one of the people OP is talking about.
To confirm this, you quoted me again in that thread boasting that you have been given the site . lmao
Are we dragging on a land dispute lol.
i am not your mate dude.
Anyone who cares to see the original thread he quoted me from should read here: https://www.nairaland.com/1888917/20k-offer#26793963

To crown it all, you are quick to call people liars your footnote says, "a no m n'ofe" which means in English "i'm making big money" with your 15k websites? , lol.
You confirmed that you were "weeks" into delivering the project, if you do a traffic intensive site for 40k and host it with 15k, recharge your modem with 5k, buy domain name and recharge card with 4k (not mentioning food you eat during the period of the development and transport fare, how much do you have left after 'weeks' of developing the site?

Your are one hell of a funny dude. And stop stalking me, i'm not linda ikeji
Re: Reasons Why Most Nigerian Developers Are Poor by onyengbu: 12:28am On Oct 12, 2014
moderatorr:

Take it easy bro, i feel your pain..You still carry your wack attitude into this thread again?

How could you say you would do a thunderclap.it for 40k?
And even agree to negotiate for further down with the client? That's criminal.
You weren't being realistic with the client? how much would you then use to host it?
I sarcastically said i would do it for 35k (with a smilie) just to shoe you how impossible that is.
You would end up with a tiny host for such a traffic intensive site. Which will greatly incapacitate the site.
You are one of the people OP is talking about.
To confirm this, you quoted me again in that thread boasting that you have been given the site . lmao
Are we dragging on a land dispute lol.
i am not your mate dude.
Anyone who cares to see the original thread he quoted me from should read here: https://www.nairaland.com/1888917/20k-offer#26793963

To crown it all, you are quick to call people liars your footnote says, "a no m n'ofe" which means in English "i'm making big money" with your 15k websites , lol.
Your are one hell of a funny dude. And stop stalking me.
Choi! choi!! choi!!!
You did what?!!!!

So you can go to the extent of going back to put a smiley on your post just to come back here and lie once again? grin grin Chai!! Dont worry, I made I made sure I put a permalink to that quote up there so everyone who clicked on that post before your miracle "smilie" appeared have seen the post without a smiley. Your modification which was unnecessary only made your case worse.

OK, like seriously? You actually did that? How come my quote up on this page doesn't have your "smilie"? Oh, "I removed it!" Is that what you are going to say?
Chaii!!! I don de fear you guys oo. And it took you 2 days to figure out what to do (so dumb). After everyone has had their laughs and you ignoring my comment for 2 days and 7 posts on top of it, you suddenly remembered you put a "smilie" on your post?
You de go church abi na mosque at all so? grin
And by the way, its you who claimed you don't do less than 100k job not me. I do less than 100k job, you hear? I can do 5k job and nothing still do me because I never claimed I dont do less than 100k job!

You lied, admit it. grin

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Most Nigerian Developers Are Poor by moderatorr: 6:31am On Oct 12, 2014
Every time you quote me, you remove some things. The quote above is even different from the one i wrote. you removed the part where i analysed how much it costs you to design your 40k sites and make a living.
Now you want to avoid the questions i asked there by playing on a smilie.
But,
Its ok, you are right, you win.
Dont quote me again. Go your way.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Most Nigerian Developers Are Poor by Shollay20(m): 7:46am On Oct 12, 2014
Nice idea.....
Re: Reasons Why Most Nigerian Developers Are Poor by onyengbu: 3:20am On Oct 14, 2014
moderatorr:
Every time you quote me, you remove some things. The quote above is even different from the one i wrote. you removed the part where i analysed how much it costs you to design your 40k sites and make a living.
Now you want to avoid the questions i asked there by playing on a smilie.
But,
Its ok, you are right, you win.
Dont quote me again. Go your way.
Dude you are beyond help! If you can go to the length of editing your posts every time then you are a very very dubious individual.

If finding my finding you out (which is not personal anyway) bruised your fake ego, why not pm or something and ask me to chill for you or something rather than embarking on desperate and senseless image laundering by editing your posts.

If you wanted to ask me something new, you should have created a new reply rather than adding it on your previous post. I don't know if you realize that there are people who come here, read everything without posting a comment. I guess you stupidly believe that if there is no new post, then you can edit your post, which is not a crime until you claim it has always been like that.

I can only confirm you are not just plain dumb but a dubious character and I will not stop quoting you until you stop lying.

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Most Awesome Ideas To Monetize Youtube Videos / Syskay's Outage - Quick Solution! / How To Get Your Post To The Front Page

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.