Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,033 members, 7,807,075 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:14 AM

Alicia Keys solidarity Song to some Failed States like Gaza, nigeria etc. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alicia Keys solidarity Song to some Failed States like Gaza, nigeria etc. (5031 Views)

Failed States Index 2015: Nigeria Ranked 14 Out Of 177 Nations / Video Of Some Failed Allah Akubah / Nigeria Is number 14 On The List Of World Failed States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alicia Keys solidarity Song to some Failed States like Gaza, nigeria etc. by OXYGEN011: 6:46pm On Oct 04, 2014
The song by Alicia keys entitled "WE ARE HERE" is a solidarity song to some of the failed states in the world. Counties mentioned in the song are GAZA, NIGERIA etc .......Song lyrics is found below.THEY NEED OUR PRAYERS.
Re: Alicia Keys solidarity Song to some Failed States like Gaza, nigeria etc. by OXYGEN011: 6:49pm On Oct 04, 2014
We are here
We are here for all of us
It's why we are here, why we are here
We are here
Bombs over BAGHDAD
Tryna get something we never heard
Let's start with a good dad
So real but it's so sad
And while we're burning this incense
We gon' pray for the innocent
Cause right now it don't make sense
Right now it don't make sense
Let's talk about chi-town
Let's talk about GAZA
Let's talk about
Let's talk about Israel
Right now it is real
Let's talk about
Let's talk NIGERIA, and the mass hysteria
Our souls are brought together so that we
could love each other brother
We are here
We are here
No guns made in Harlem
But yet Crime is a problem
He wanna shine, he wanna rob 'em
Single mother, where they come from?
How we gonna save the nation
With no support for education
Cause right now it don't make sense
Right now it don't make sense
Let's talk about our part
My heart touch your heart
Let's talk about
Let's talk about living
Had enough of dying
Not what we all about
Let's do more giving
Do more forgiving, yeah
Our souls are brought together so that we can
love each other sister
We are here
We are here
We are here
We are here
Oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh
We are here
We are here
We are here
We are here
SONGWRITERS
Lilly Jr, Harold Spencer / Brothers, Jr., Kerry /
Augello-Cook, Alicia J / Frierson, Johnnie /
Cross, Mary Lou
PUBLISHED BY
Lyrics © EMI Music Publishing, Universal Music
Publishing Group
Terms of Use
Re: Alicia Keys solidarity Song to some Failed States like Gaza, nigeria etc. by MurphyG1(m): 6:54pm On Oct 04, 2014
ok.
Re: Alicia Keys solidarity Song to some Failed States like Gaza, nigeria etc. by reedonne: 7:07pm On Oct 04, 2014
What make Nigeria a failed state?.
Re: Alicia Keys solidarity Song to some Failed States like Gaza, nigeria etc. by Rikidony(m): 7:18pm On Oct 04, 2014
THE slowpoke EVEN MENTION BAGHDAD THE CAPITAL OF IRAQ AS A STATE WHEN IS COUNTRY IS BEGGING IMF FOR FINANCIAL HELP.
Re: Alicia Keys solidarity Song to some Failed States like Gaza, nigeria etc. by OXYGEN011: 7:23pm On Oct 04, 2014
Rikidony:
THE slowpoke EVEN MENTION BAGHDAD THE CAPITAL OF IRAQ AS A STATE WHEN IS COUNTRY IS BEGGING IMF FOR FINANCIAL HELP.
Yet u call lagos a state? You are dumb? You don't even know what "state" means abi?

2 Likes

Re: Alicia Keys solidarity Song to some Failed States like Gaza, nigeria etc. by Arosa(m): 7:23pm On Oct 04, 2014
So Israel is a failed state?
Re: Alicia Keys solidarity Song to some Failed States like Gaza, nigeria etc. by OXYGEN011: 7:27pm On Oct 04, 2014
Re: Alicia Keys solidarity Song to some Failed States like Gaza, nigeria etc. by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 04, 2014
OXYGEN011:
The song by Alicia keys entitled "WE ARE HERE" is a solidarity song to some of the failed states in the world. Counties mentioned in the song are GAZA, BAGHDAD, NIGERIA etc .......Song lyrics is found below.THEY NEED OUR PRAYERS.
madman! You are on a nigerian forum and keeps spewing thrash....ungrateful maggot!
Re: Alicia Keys solidarity Song to some Failed States like Gaza, nigeria etc. by OXYGEN011: 7:32pm On Oct 04, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997:
madman! You are on a nigerian forum and keeps spewing thrash....ungrateful maggot!
Am here to pray for you people.The lyrics of the song is very touching. I will always remember the failed state called nigeria in my prayers ok.

1 Like

Re: Alicia Keys solidarity Song to some Failed States like Gaza, nigeria etc. by Arosa(m): 7:33pm On Oct 04, 2014
Well in her song she mentioned Chicago and Harlem too, so what is your point? Obama was senator of Chicago.

2 Likes

Re: Alicia Keys solidarity Song to some Failed States like Gaza, nigeria etc. by OXYGEN011: 7:35pm On Oct 04, 2014
Arosa:
Well in her song she mentioned Chicago and Harlem too, so what is your point? Obama was senator of Chicago.
The song is simple to comprehend.

1 Like

Re: Alicia Keys solidarity Song to some Failed States like Gaza, nigeria etc. by Nobody: 7:38pm On Oct 04, 2014
OXYGEN011:
Am here to pray for you people.The lyrics of the song is very touching. I will always remember the failed state called nigeria in my prayers ok.
pray for your sinked nation,dummy! I blame seun for this rubbish,he should have banned ghana i.p's! We discuss very important nigerian matters here on the politics section and not senseless threads you hateful ghanaians create! Seun do something o! National security issues is being discussed here!
Re: Alicia Keys solidarity Song to some Failed States like Gaza, nigeria etc. by Arosa(m): 7:38pm On Oct 04, 2014
OXYGEN011:
So you can't comprehend this simple song?

Your topic is misleading. You can do better than this.
Re: Alicia Keys solidarity Song to some Failed States like Gaza, nigeria etc. by Nobody: 7:41pm On Oct 04, 2014
Oxygen01, have you prayed for the sinked west african nation called ghana? Your senselessness is just mighty! Naija better than shitghana forever!

1 Like

Re: Alicia Keys solidarity Song to some Failed States like Gaza, nigeria etc. by christejames(m): 7:41pm On Oct 04, 2014
What made Nigeria a failed state, if may ask. She also mentioned Israel in here song, so can you now say Israel is a failed state? ...mister, go take ur evening drugs. Just here looking for the bad dog to hang.
Re: Alicia Keys solidarity Song to some Failed States like Gaza, nigeria etc. by OXYGEN011: 7:45pm On Oct 04, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997:
pray for your sinked nation,dummy! I blame seun for this rubbish,he should have banned ghana i.p's! We discuss very important nigerian matters here on the politics section and not senseless threads you hateful ghanaians create! Seun do something o! National security issues is being discussed here!
But this is also nigerian matters. Or there is another country with that name?
Re: Alicia Keys solidarity Song to some Failed States like Gaza, nigeria etc. by Nobody: 7:48pm On Oct 04, 2014
OXYGEN011:
But this is also nigerian matters. Or there is another country with that name?
animal,thunder fire u to death! U are not nigerian, leave nigeria for nigerians! Or una wan still carry ghana must go bag jump tipper commot for nairaland?
Re: Alicia Keys solidarity Song to some Failed States like Gaza, nigeria etc. by OXYGEN011: 7:55pm On Oct 04, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997:
animal,thunder fire u to death! U are not nigerian, leave nigeria for nigerians! Or una wan still carry ghana must go bag jump tipper commot for nairaland?
one thing I've realized about nigerians is that they like CURSING .... no wonder people die in that country like flies.What if I change the thunder to boko haram and send it back to you? I hope you gonna luv it.

3 Likes

Re: Alicia Keys solidarity Song to some Failed States like Gaza, nigeria etc. by Ogbonaikenna(m): 8:26pm On Oct 04, 2014
OXYGEN011:
one thing I've realized about nigerians is that they like CURSING .... no wonder people die in that country like flies.What if I change the thunder to boko haram and send it back to you? I hope you gonna luv it.
that is why www.radiobiafra.com calls nigeria the biggest zoo in the world. They reason like animals in that God forsaken cesspit called nigeria
Re: Alicia Keys solidarity Song to some Failed States like Gaza, nigeria etc. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:30pm On Oct 04, 2014
OXYGEN011:
Yet u call lagos a state? You are dumb? You don't even know what "state" means abi?
what does it mean jare?
Re: Alicia Keys solidarity Song to some Failed States like Gaza, nigeria etc. by Frawzey: 8:50pm On Oct 04, 2014
Alicia Keys on her Facebook Page, she writes:

"The day I wrote this song, I was sitting in a circle of people of all ages and we were asked, “Why are you here.” Why am I here? This really hit me on a deep level. I realized no one had ever asked me that question before.
As I prepare to give birth to a new child, I can’t help and think about the world I’m bringing my baby into. No matter where we come from, when we see the state of the world today, we can all feel the growing frustration and desire to make a difference. And we all have a voice – we just need to know how to make it heard.
I have a vision that I believe is more than a dream, that I know can be our reality.

I believe in an empowered world community built on the true meaning of equality – where we are all considered one people, regardless of race, religion, gender, zip code, belief system or intimate orientation.
I believe all of our voices should be heard, so that our representation reflects our population. We need our leadership to reflect an equal balance of the gifts that both men and women have to offer.
I believe in a world where every child born receives a quality education – where their unique gifts are nurtured so that they may be a beneficial presence in this world.
I believe in mutual respect and cooperation among all peoples and all nations. It is time to end all forms of racial injustice for our black brothers and sisters and all people of color.
I believe in an end to the prison industrial complex in America and a renewed justice system that is based on fairness and truth."

She continues on her page to say:

"I believe in universal global health care based on Integrative Medicine, so that our bodies are acknowledged and treated as one system, and we can help control the spread of diseases like AIDS, Malaria, TB and Ebola.
I believe we have an ability to end poverty, oppression, and hopelessness that often breeds despair, terror, and violence.
I believe in common sense gun laws that serve to protect children and families and society from unnecessary violence.
I believe in Peace & Love & Unity.
I believe that this vision can be a reality.
And, it’s not about me. It’s about WE.
Together we can give birth to a kinder and more peaceful world for ALL children.
Our souls were brought together so that we can love each other sister, brother. We Are Here. We are here for all of us. That’s why #WeAreHere.
Sent with Light."

Download and listen here: http://www.breakout.com.ng/alicia-keys-we-are-here/
Re: Alicia Keys solidarity Song to some Failed States like Gaza, nigeria etc. by sopoundz(m): 11:09pm On Oct 04, 2014
I think sumone needs to remind her ebola is in texas, it will add sum flavour to d lyric

1 Like

Re: Alicia Keys solidarity Song to some Failed States like Gaza, nigeria etc. by Nobody: 12:06am On Oct 05, 2014
OXYGEN011:
you know we can give you what you really want in life i.e giving you a Nigerian citizenship.
Re: Alicia Keys solidarity Song to some Failed States like Gaza, nigeria etc. by SOUNDKING: 12:21am On Oct 05, 2014
Human can only make noise, but when Jehova speaks who dares challenges?
Re: Alicia Keys solidarity Song to some Failed States like Gaza, nigeria etc. by lozairio(m): 12:24am On Oct 05, 2014
reedonne:
What make Nigeria a failed state?.
Dude face the truth nigeria is a failed state
Re: Alicia Keys solidarity Song to some Failed States like Gaza, nigeria etc. by SOUNDKING: 12:24am On Oct 05, 2014
I don't Nigeria 2 fail, do you?..ur vote counts.
Re: Alicia Keys solidarity Song to some Failed States like Gaza, nigeria etc. by SOUNDKING: 12:28am On Oct 05, 2014
Even if Nigeria dissintegrate, d other fragments will still be better than the shit called Ghana.

2 Likes

Re: Alicia Keys solidarity Song to some Failed States like Gaza, nigeria etc. by SOUNDKING: 12:32am On Oct 05, 2014
Imagin Ghana biting d finger that fed them.
Re: Alicia Keys solidarity Song to some Failed States like Gaza, nigeria etc. by reedonne: 7:26pm On Oct 05, 2014
lozairio:
A failed state means a state that does not have sovereignty. As long as Goodluck Jonathan is the president of Nigeria and have power over every part of Nigeria, Nigeria remain a state.
Can you tell me the name of the leader of somalia and libya?. Probably not because they have more than 50 leaders.
Re: Alicia Keys solidarity Song to some Failed States like Gaza, nigeria etc. by reedonne: 7:27pm On Oct 05, 2014
lozairio:
Re: Alicia Keys solidarity Song to some Failed States like Gaza, nigeria etc. by easycoolll(m): 12:09am On Dec 24, 2015
OXYGEN011:
u are insulting God's own country instead of reading to better your poor economy and Knw what to do about the ugly girls in you country u are here wasting ur time don't even think of insulting me Cus am a child of God and will not hesitate to place a curse on u snd believe me it will last

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan Goofed Again! / Full List Of Akwa Ibom Commissioners /special Advisers And Their Portfolios / Court Quashes Charge Against Gbajabiamila

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.