Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

Love And Submission - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Love And Submission (7357 Views)

Religion = Obiedence And Submission To Thieving Prophets / Love And Submission? / Christian Wives And Submission To Their Husbands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love And Submission by bukatyne(f): 7:04pm On Oct 04, 2014
Hi Peeps,

Happy Sallah/Independence celebrations!

I have been wanting to create this topic but ... angry Anyways it is here now cheesy

This will be focusing on love and submission in a Christian marriage and major Bible texts taken from I Cor 13: 4 - 8, Eph 5: 21 - 33 and Proverbs 31: 10 -31.

Let's all enjoy and CONTRIBUTE (very important) but without insults (Even more important)

Thanks
Re: Love And Submission by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 04, 2014

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love And Submission by Nobody: 7:50pm On Oct 04, 2014
Buky Buky, u lv this topic gangan tongue
My first heated debate with u was on this cheesy
When i used to debate small.
These days na trolling thing tongue cheesy

Let me tag them for u.
TV01, coogar, tonychristopher,ileobatojo is already seated(contribute o),bellong,
Nashville,pikabeau1,carefreewannabe,
Sophyrock,bananabender,crackhaus,
Shymexx, oops, i don try.

With these people and those i forgot to mention, buky u will have a full house!
cheesy
Re: Love And Submission by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 04, 2014

11 Likes

Re: Love And Submission by Nobody: 8:01pm On Oct 04, 2014
LOL @ Ileobatojo and carefreewannabe grin grin grin

Really?? Y'all are just going to post gif images?? Contribute naw, aren't y'all Christians again?
Re: Love And Submission by pickabeau1: 8:02pm On Oct 04, 2014
Bukatyne

What are your own thoughts... we've had several debates on this issue and you've always had a defensive outlook in my opinion

I believe you say something along the lines of "it is desired a man should love first and the woman will submit "

It goes back and forth and forth and forth then you say everyone else reads from the Nigerian bible

Tell us what you think from your own bible

That way no need for needless debates.

Also maybe this will be better in the religion section as not everyone is a christian and it will degenerate into the inevitable feminist debates
Re: Love And Submission by EfemenaXY: 8:02pm On Oct 04, 2014
ileobatojo:

Ile don't be greedy. Share some of that popcorn of yours na. angry angry

Hope it's salted? lipsrsealed smiley
Re: Love And Submission by Tallesty1(m): 8:03pm On Oct 04, 2014
I'm here
Re: Love And Submission by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 04, 2014
BananaBender:

Really?? Y'all are just going to post gif images?? Contribute naw, aren't y'all Christians again?

I have to do my nails first.
Re: Love And Submission by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 04, 2014
pickabeau1:
Bukatyne

What are your own thoughts... we've had several debates on this issue and you've always had a defensive outlook in my opinion

I believe you say something along the lines of "it is desired a man should love first and the man will submit "

It goes back and forth and forth and forth then you say everyone else reads from the Nigerian bible

Also maybe this will be better in the religion section as not everyone is a christian and it will degenerate into the inevitable feminist debates

I agree with the bold. grin
Re: Love And Submission by bukatyne(f): 8:13pm On Oct 04, 2014
pickabeau1:
Bukatyne

I believe you say something along the lines of "it is desired a man should love first and the man will submit "

Welcome to the thread

Sorry pickabeau, I have not even started the thread. I was caught up with cooking and will update when I am done eating.
Re: Love And Submission by pickabeau1: 8:13pm On Oct 04, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I agree with the bold. grin

I meant woman

I will correct
Re: Love And Submission by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 04, 2014
pickabeau1:

I meant woman

I will correct

I know you did, I was joking.
Re: Love And Submission by bukatyne(f): 8:14pm On Oct 04, 2014
moca:

Let me tag them for u.

cheesy

Hi moca,

Thanks

I wish you did not tag these people, the thread was not meant for some of them

If you can untag everybody, I will appreciate it

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Love And Submission by Nobody: 8:15pm On Oct 04, 2014
moca:

Who wouldn't submit to this man.

3 Likes

Re: Love And Submission by pickabeau1: 8:16pm On Oct 04, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I know you did, I was joking.

Ok..tx for bringing it to my notice
I'm using a small screen device as I'm in transit

Bukatyne
No problem
I will wait for your specific thoughts..
Else I chill on d couch...
There's a lot of footie on TV
Re: Love And Submission by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 04, 2014
Chillisauce:

I would rather have him submit to me. grin
Re: Love And Submission by Nobody: 8:17pm On Oct 04, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I would rather have him submit to me. grin

That abs menh. Automatic submission cheesy
Re: Love And Submission by Nobody: 8:18pm On Oct 04, 2014
Chillisauce:

That abs menh. Automatic submission cheesy

I prefer this one to submit to me. grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Love And Submission by coogar: 8:19pm On Oct 04, 2014
moca:

Let me tag them for u.
TV01, coogar, tonychristopher,ileobatojo is already seated(contribute o),bellong,

cheesy

Re: Love And Submission by EfemenaXY: 8:22pm On Oct 04, 2014
Chillisauce:

I heard he turned 50 recently.

carefreewannabe:

Too vain.

Why's he smacking his lips anyway? You'd think he's only seeing "himself" for the first time...
Re: Love And Submission by Nobody: 8:23pm On Oct 04, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Chineke shocked

pls whats thé topic again .

That's it. Enough for the day

2 Likes

Re: Love And Submission by bukatyne(f): 8:25pm On Oct 04, 2014
While I am working on the subsequent posts, please enjoy this: Tonight's meal kiss

1 Like

Re: Love And Submission by edwife(f): 8:25pm On Oct 04, 2014
So let me also sit down and watch cool cool

Sorry bucky,gif removed.
Re: Love And Submission by bennyrazz: 8:27pm On Oct 04, 2014
why all this gifs cheesy grin I'm in no mood to debate... snoring zzzzzzzzz @bukatyne that food looks like baby poo cheesy
Re: Love And Submission by Nobody: 8:27pm On Oct 04, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Ile don't be greedy. Share some of that popcorn of yours na. angry angry

Hope it's salted? lipsrsealed smiley

Always salted. cheesy

But walahi, I can't share with you, it may not last the whole show.

Okay, just because I love you sha, have this one piece. kiss grin

moca:
Let me tag them for u.
cheesy

BananaBender:

YPP and Shollypops, it's strictly observation mode on this one. lipsrsealed grin

*Sorry Buka, we're derailing your thread* Oya, all you railway workers should move so serious people can come and contribute jor!
Re: Love And Submission by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 04, 2014
Chillisauce:

Chineke shocked

pls whats thé topic again .

That's it. Enough for the day

Re: Love And Submission by bukatyne(f): 8:35pm On Oct 04, 2014
1. Husbands:

Husbands are called to love their wives and lead their homes (that's why we say husbands are the heads of their families) and not men are the head of women (two distinct things) JUST AS CHRIST IS THE HEAD OF THE CHURCH. In essence, for a husband to be able to function well as the head of the home, he must be Christlike (which really is the definition of a Christian) and study how Christ led the Church (collective body of Christ) {That is why I believe that love and submission talk is for only Christians. My opinion}. Let us look at Ephesians 5: 21, 25 - 30 (Will be using KJV and NLT all through. I love me my NLT however most Christians are comfortable with KJV)

NLT: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians+5&version=NLT

Spirit-Guided Relationships: Wives and Husbands

21 And further, submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.

25 For husbands, this means love your wives, just as Christ loved the church. He gave up his life for her

26 to make her holy and clean, washed by the cleansing of God’s word.

27 He did this to present her to himself as a glorious church without a spot or wrinkle or any other blemish. Instead, she will be holy and without fault.

28 In the same way, husbands ought to love their wives as they love their own bodies. For a man who loves his wife actually shows love for himself.

29 No one hates his own body but feeds and cares for it, just as Christ cares for the church.

30 And we are members of his body.

KJV: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians+5&version=KJV

21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
Re: Love And Submission by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 04, 2014
What is happening here! shocked
Ileobatojo see what u caused tongue

Buky, did u pray well b4 opening this thread?

Let me help u.
Every contrary spirit here i bind and cast into d abyss. grin

Meen, see hunks kiss

Black men are simply awesome
Re: Love And Submission by bukatyne(f): 9:18pm On Oct 04, 2014
The passage above tells us that husbands are to love their wives as Christ loved the Church. The onus is now each man (intending) to be a loving husband to study how Christ loved the Church (us). We can see this love outlined in 1 Cor 13: 4 - 8

NLT:

4 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud

5 or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged.

6 It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out.

7 Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

8 Prophecy and speaking in unknown languages[b] and special knowledge will become useless. But love will last forever!

KJV:

4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

This passage outlines how Christ loved the Church and how husbands are expected to love their wives. We can see that patience, politeness, selflessness, humility etc. are characteristics expected of a husband

What type of leader is Christ?

He sacrificed His life to die for our sins (He left his Glory above to this earth to die for us). He was a servant leader: always put the needs of His Church first, always served them, identified with the needs of His people, was a man of prayer and spiritual discernment (It is so sad more women are the prayer champions in their homes) amongst others

Mark 10:42-45 ESV
And Jesus called them to him and said to them, “You know that those who are considered rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great ones exercise authority over them. But it shall not be so among you. But whoever would be great among you must be your servant, and whoever would be first among you must be slave of all. For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

John 13:12-15 ESV
When he had washed their feet and put on his outer garments and resumed his place, he said to them, “Do you understand what I have done to you? You call me Teacher and Lord, and you are right, for so I am. If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet. For I have given you an example, that you also should do just as I have done to you.

Matthew 20:28 ESV / 20 helpful votes
Even as the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

The Bible also equates the love God has for us to the one a husband has for his wife (Isn't it great)

Husbands are called to lead by example (not the do as I say and not do as I do type), love and serve their wives. Jesus wanted us to be baptized and was baptized first; He wanted us to serve and served us first; To emphasize the indispensability of the Holy Spirit in ministry, He was baptized with the Holy Spirit before His ministry started; To teach us prayer, He was a man of prayer; to teach us giving, He gave his life first; To teach us obedience, he obeyed God first etc. We can see that Jesus taught us what to do by doing it himself smiley

Headship:
Yes, a husband is the head of his wife and by extension family. Head in this context means the source/origin i.e. a man typically decides to get married before a home can be built just how Christ is the source/origin of the Church (That's why I believe it is not right for a lady to propose outrightly to a guy {again, my opinion}. A husband to be must have a vision for how his home will be (Just as Christ had a vision for His Church and followed it through), work towards it and look for a woman who will key into that vision (having a similar vision) and build his home with her (I know this is different from the usual we hear about).

How to handle differences?
When there are difference in opinion (where it seems suggestions of husband and wife are 'equally good') the couple/husband should go to God in prayers, He is always ready to proffer the best way. We have an example in Abraham (Gen 21: 9 - 13); Joseph (Matthew 1: 18 - 21)
Re: Love And Submission by bukatyne(f): 9:23pm On Oct 04, 2014
@ Efemena, Ileobatojo, chillisauce, carefreewannbe, edwife, coogar and all

Welcome to this thread

I will appreciate if all gifs and derailing comments are removed; it has no bearing to the topic

Thanks cheesy
Re: Love And Submission by bukatyne(f): 9:37pm On Oct 04, 2014
Practical examples of love:

First, a husband must study his wife to know what she wants (Even God/Jesus deals with us as individuals). The moment a man marries, it is no longer his concern what women want. When he knows what she wants, he must do all in his power to do what she wants how she wants it and when she wants it (as long as it is not a sin).

He must put his wife first in all his suggestions and work for her common good.

Like Proverbs says ... There are four things too mysterious to understand ... The way a man loves a woman (Proverbs 30: 19)

And in Songs of Solomon, SOS 8: 6 “Set me as a seal upon thine heart, as a seal upon thine arm; for love is strong as death; jealousy is cruel as the grave; the coals thereof are coals of fire, which hath a most vehement flame.”

Husbands are also to respect their wives

1 Pet 3:7 KJV: Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

I Pet 3: 7 NLT: In the same way, you husbands must give honor to your wives. Treat your wife with understanding as you live together. She may be weaker than you are, but she is your equal partner in God’s gift of new life. Treat her as you should so your prayers will not be hindered.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Review Of The "10 Things The Bible Never Said About Creation" By Kingebukasblog / Supernatural Move Of God In Gaza More Than 200 Reportedly Meet Jesus In Dreams / Jesus Promise: Leave your wifes for my sakeand I shall give you a 100 wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.