Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,858 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:19 AM

The Quran Testifies: David And Elizabeth Worshiped Jesus As God! - Islam for Muslims (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Quran Testifies: David And Elizabeth Worshiped Jesus As God! (12418 Views)

Stories From The Quran- Moses and Pharaoh / The Re-appearance Of Imam Mahdi (aj) And The Descent Of Jesus (as) Could Be Near / Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Quran Testifies: David And Elizabeth Worshiped Jesus As God! by malvisguy212: 11:15pm On Oct 11, 2014
udatso:

i have read the op and its really not worth replying to. different words and personality of certain people mean different things for both faiths(Islam and Christianity ). for example when you call jesus (pbuh), as a muslim i see a prophet and messenger of Allah but a christian on the other hand sees a God. how can you go to the quran and quote verses to prove that in islam only Allah deserves the title Lord and then you go to the bible to quote verses where david and elizabeth addresses jesus as lord and then conclude that with respect to the bible the quran proves or shows that jesus was worshipped as God. Are you insane? Give us evidence where the quran shows that they did. Atleast let there be some level of maturity in your lies if you cant stop it. The fact that you are trying to force your teachings into a different faith from yours is not only dubious but mischievous. sam shamoun who has earned himself a status of international liar always comes up with distorted and spurious claims and i thought by now you guys should have learnt that his nefarious acts should be totally ignored
in the biblical and quranic account of the virgin birth,it was the same encounter mary and the angel gabriel had,the same verse in the bible jesus was called the son of God.in the quran,it was the same encounter jesus was called word and spirit of God.how do you explain this?

This is prove that muhammad read the christian bible but dont understand the teaching.do you think a man who is soo much into paganism can be a prophet of God?even paul who is filled by the holy spirit,we do not regard him as a prophet.even in his allegdly calling in the cave of hira,he was convince that a demon has possesed him until his wife kadijah,a BUSINESS WOMAN told him it was and angel.I STRONGLY BELIEVE,THE WAY SATAN USE AND DECEIVE THE FIRST WOMAN EVE AND SINK OUR FOUNDATION,THAT IS HOW SATAN WANT TO USE KADIJAH,MUHAMMAD WIFE TO SINK OUR NEW FOUNDATION IN CHRIST JESUS.BECAUSE WHY AFTER 600YEARS AFTER THE PROMIES HAS BEEN FULLFILLED,GOD SEND SOME ONE WITH A DIFFERENCE MESSAGE?

The devil is a lier ,his trick has been exposed in jesus name.amen.
Re: The Quran Testifies: David And Elizabeth Worshiped Jesus As God! by Emusan(m): 12:49am On Oct 12, 2014
Abdulsalam20:
malvisguy212 and emusan where are you i expect you to stand on your claim that muslim are antichrist and emusan you have believe now that begotten is a fabrication let me tell you religion should nt be something you practice because you are born in it it should be what u practice because u consider it a way pls come and prove me wrong that christian are not antichrist

You think by avoiding your post I ran away or I was defeated, if you can spent your whole day on NLand I can't because many things need to be done.

Secondly, since you've joined Nland I thought your power of comprehension suppose to have increased BUT IT SHAMEFUL that it doesn't.

After I took my time to tell you the reason why KJV MIGHT have used the WORD BEGOTTEN you can still post it again that THE WORD BEGOTTEN wasn't appeared in the manuscript quoting Greek language as if you can point it out or interpret it.

Did I claim that BEGOTTEN appeared in the manuscript? undecided

For the last time, the word that appeared in the original manuscript that KJV rendered as "Only begotten son" is MONOGENES which have many meaning i.e sole descent, ONE OF HIS KIND, UNIQUE e.t.c and I said KJV version might use BEGOTTEN as an emphasis of ONE OF HIS KIND (I hope you do know the meaning of ONE OF HIS KIND?) WHILE the Version like RSV goes for just ONLY and another 50eminent scholars of NIV can also accuse RSV as not proper rendering of the word MONOGENES because NIV chooses better meaning "ONE AND ONLY SON"

Finally this particular thing also happened in QURAN but because you've been brainwashed you won't see it in Qur'an but only Bible..

let me tell you religion should nt be something you practice because you are born in it, it should be what u practice [size=14pt]because u consider it a way[/size]

In fact the BOLDED of your statement is so ludicrous because if CONSIDERING A RELIGION as a way that makes people practice a religion THEN THERE'S NO WAY WE CAN KNOW THE TRUE RELIGION because anybody can compose a book and claim it's from God.

The different between you and I is that The True God of the universe who created Adam, spoke to all the Prophets and sent His Only Son for remission of sin has revealed Himself to me WHEREAS YOU DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO ALLAH and if you read OT you'll see the God who spoke to All Prophet always reveals Himself to people.

The questions you need to ask yourself are;
*Why Muslims don't have personal encounter with Allah?
*Does it mean that after Muhammad and Qur'an God ceased to reveal WHEREAS Jesus says in John 14:23 That He and His Father will reveal themselves to whosoever love Him?
*Both the OT and NEW Testament have verse(s) where God reveals Himself to Prophets and their servants but Qur'an is exceptional, Why? because Nowhere in the Quran or Hadith that record any Muhammad's companions to receive revelation from Allah for over 20years of Muhammad prophet hood.
*If Allah didn't reveal himself to Muhammad through Jibril as Muhammad claimed, how will Muhammad know that Allah exists?

You might have heard many TESTIMONY of Christian having personal encounter with God and discard it BUT IT'S TRUE because God has revealed Himself to me too.

Shalom!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Quran Testifies: David And Elizabeth Worshiped Jesus As God! by Abdulsalam20(m): 11:53am On Oct 12, 2014
Emusan:

You think by avoiding your post I ran away or I was defeated, if you can spent your whole day on NLand I can't because many things need to be done.

Secondly, since you've joined Nland I thought your power of comprehension suppose to have increased BUT IT SHAMEFUL that it doesn't.

After I took my time to tell you the reason why KJV MIGHT have used the WORD BEGOTTEN you can still post it again that THE WORD BEGOTTEN wasn't appeared in the manuscript quoting Greek language as if you can point it out or interpret it.

For the last time, the word that appeared in the original manuscript that KJV rendered as "Only begotten son" is MONOGENES which have many meaning i.e sole descent, ONE OF HIS KIND, UNIQUE e.t.c and I said KJV version might use BEGOTTEN as an emphasis of ONE OF HIS KIND (I hope you do know the meaning of ONE OF HIS KIND?) WHILE the Version like RSV goes for just ONLY and another 50eminent scholars of NIV can also accuse RSV as not proper rendering of the word MONOGENES because NIV chooses better meaning "ONE AND ONLY SON"

Finally this particular thing also happened in QURAN but because you've been brainwashed you won't see it in Qur'an but only Bible..

In fact the BOLDED of your statement is so ludicrous because if CONSIDERING A RELIGION as a way that makes people practice a religion THEN THERE'S NO WAY WE CAN KNOW THE TRUE RELIGION because anybody can compose a book and claim it's from God.

The different between you and I is that The True God of the universe who created Adam, spoke to all the Prophets and sent His Only Son for remission of sin has revealed Himself to me WHEREAS YOU DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO ALLAH and if you read OT you'll see the God who spoke to All Prophet always reveals Himself to people.

*Does it mean that after Muhammad and Qur'an God ceased to reveal WHEREAS Jesus says in John 14:23 That He and His Father will reveal themselves to whosoever love Him?
*Both the OT and NEW Testament have verse(s) where God reveals Himself to Prophets and their servants but Qur'an is exceptional, Why? because Nowhere in the Quran or Hadith that record any Muhammad's companions to receive revelation from Allah for over 20years of Muhammad prophet hood.
*If Allah didn't reveal himself to Muhammad through Jibril as Muhammad claimed, how will Muhammad know that Allah exists?

You might have heard many TESTIMONY of Christian having personal encounter with God and discard it BUT IT'S TRUE because God has revealed Himself to me too.

Shalom!

what you posted is rubbish what i am trying to tell you is God never begot or is he begotten because the only verse christian always make reference to that jesus is a begotten son of God the niv bible which is the best bible declared it is not part of it you can read more here www.en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Christianity

you should try toknow the meaning of begotten you claim its the same as unique begot mean to give birth sexually you need to go back to secondary school and write your olevel again
i dont have much to say to you this clown who dont listen to reality you said jesus is a son of God whereas eberybody is a son of god in the bible which means servant of god i expect you to read that and prove me wrong you should also try to prove my alleged antichrist on you and paul.......nairaland nitwit
Re: The Quran Testifies: David And Elizabeth Worshiped Jesus As God! by geesilver(m): 12:04pm On Oct 12, 2014
Emusan:

Shalom!

1 Like

Re: The Quran Testifies: David And Elizabeth Worshiped Jesus As God! by Abdulsalam20(m): 12:13pm On Oct 12, 2014
emusan

[s] The questions you need to ask yourself are;
*Does it mean that after Muhammad and Qur'an God ceased to reveal
WHEREAS Jesus says in John 14:23 That He and His Father will reveal
themselves to whosoever love Him?
*Both the OT and NEW Testament have verse(s) where God reveals Himself
to Prophets and their servants but Qur'an is exceptional, Why? because
Nowhere in the Quran or Hadith that record any Muhammad's companions
to receive revelation from Allah for over 20years of Muhammad prophet
hood.
*If Allah didn't reveal himself to Muhammad through Jibril as Muhammad
claimed, how will Muhammad know that Allah exists?
You might have heard many TESTIMONY of Christian having personal
encounter with God and discard it BUT IT'S TRUE because God has
revealed Himself to me too.[/s]

try to read your scripture no one can see God
New International Version
But," he said, "you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live." exodus 33;20

you cant see God
“And when Moses arrived at Our appointed time and his Lord spoke
to him, he said, ‘My Lord, show me (Yourself) that I may look at
You.’ (God) said, ‘You will not see Me, but look at the mountain; if it
should remain in place, then you will see Me.’ But when his Lord
appeared to the mountain, He rendered it level, and Moses fell
unconscious. And when he awoke, he said, ‘Exalted are You! I have
repented to You, and I am the first of the believers.’” (Quran 7:143)

IF MUHAMMAD WAS TO BE A FALSE PROPHET HE WILL HAVE SAID HE SAW GOD

Did Prophet Muhammad See God In This Life?
Prophet Muhammad traveled in a miraculous journey through
the heavens and met God. People thought that since Prophet
Muhammad spoke to God in that journey, he probably saw God
too. One of the companions, Abu Dahrr, asked him about it. The
Prophet replied:
“There was only light, how could I see Him?” (Saheeh Muslim)
What was the light he saw?
The Prophet explained:
“Surely, God does not sleep nor is it befitting for Him to sleep. He is
the one who lowers the scales and raises them. The deeds of the night
go up to Him before the deeds of the day and those of the day before
those of the night, and His veil is light.” (Saheeh Muslim)

THE ONLY DAY MAN WILLNSEE GOD IS THE DAY OF RESURRECTION
The Prophet said,
“The Day Of Resurrection is the first day any eye will look at God, the
Mighty and Exalted.”

NO PROPHET SEE GOD YOU CAN ONLY SEE BRIGHTNESS THE ONLY DAY MAN WILL SEE GOD IS THE DAY OF RESURRECTION WHICH ALL THOSE WHO NEVER WORSHIPNGOD OR ASSOCIATE PARTNER WITH GOD JUST LIKE YOU WILL BURN IN JAHANAMAH
Re: The Quran Testifies: David And Elizabeth Worshiped Jesus As God! by BraveGuy: 12:17pm On Oct 12, 2014
Isaiah 26:10
[size=14pt]"Let favour be shewed to the wicked, yet will he not learn righteousness: in the land of uprightness will he deal unjustly, and will not behold the majesty of the LORD." [/size]
Re: The Quran Testifies: David And Elizabeth Worshiped Jesus As God! by Abdulsalam20(m): 12:26pm On Oct 12, 2014
malvisguy212:
in the biblical and quranic account of the virgin birth,it was the same encounter mary and the angel gabriel had,the same verse in the bible jesus was called the son of God.in the quran,it was the same encounter jesus was called word and spirit of God.how do you explain this?

This is prove that muhammad read the christian bible but dont understand the teaching.do you think a man who is soo much into paganism can be a prophet of God?even paul who is filled by the holy spirit,we do not regard him as a prophet.even in his allegdly calling in the cave of hira,he was convince that a demon has possesed him until his wife kadijah,a BUSINESS WOMAN told him it was and angel.I STRONGLY BELIEVE,THE WAY SATAN USE AND DECEIVE THE FIRST WOMAN EVE AND SINK OUR FOUNDATION,THAT IS HOW SATAN WANT TO USE KADIJAH,MUHAMMAD WIFE TO SINK OUR NEW FOUNDATION IN CHRIST JESUS.BECAUSE WHY AFTER 600YEARS AFTER THE PROMIES HAS BEEN FULLFILLED,GOD SEND SOME ONE WITH A DIFFERENCE MESSAGE?

The devil is a lier ,his trick has been exposed in jesus name.amen.

you need to see a psychatrist forr the fact that jesus was born a virgin doesnt mean he is begotten son of god just like i prove to you god never begot and everybody is a son of god
then what should we call adam greater god what should we call elisha greatest because he perform miracle more than jesus
why jesus is born a virgin

“Surely in that is a sign for you, if you are believers.” (Quran 3:49) i.e if you
disbelieve in what god can do
These miracles were performed only by the Will of God, had
he not willed them to occur, they could never come to be. God
explicitly states this in the Quran, saying that they were:
“…by the permission of God” (Quran 3:49; 5:10)
“A man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs
which
God performed through him in your midst.” (Acts 2:22)
The Qur'an says, “And (appoint him) an apostle to the
Children of Israel, (with this message)” (3:49). It also says, “O
Children of Israel! I am the apostle of Allah (sent) to you.” (61:6)
Also, it discusses the various Israelite prophets saying, “And in
their footsteps We sent Jesus the son of Mary, confirming the Law
that had come before him.” (5:46) Therefore, the Qur’an is very
clear on what the mission of Jesus was, and the information
found in The New Testament itself attests to this fact...........your religion os
baseless man

you said quran is copied from bible am still co ing to probe you wrong even though u didnt answer my question about you and paul being an antichrist and muslims follow jesus more than u let me answer emusan first i will be back
Re: The Quran Testifies: David And Elizabeth Worshiped Jesus As God! by Abdulsalam20(m): 12:34pm On Oct 12, 2014
Emusan:

Shalom!
you only see devil because christian are not worshiping god anyone who see god will die
New International Version
But," he said, "you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live."
exodus 33;20

even musa said he want to see god

And when Moses arrived at Our appointed time and his Lord spoke
to him, he said, ‘My Lord, show me (Yourself) that I may look at
You.’ (God) said, ‘You will not see Me, but look at the mountain; if it
should remain in place, then you will see Me.’ But when his Lord
appeared to the mountain, He rendered it level, and Moses fell
unconscious. And when he awoke, he said, ‘Exalted are You! I have
repented to You, and I am the first of the believers.’” (Quran 7:143
Re: The Quran Testifies: David And Elizabeth Worshiped Jesus As God! by Abdulsalam20(m): 12:44pm On Oct 12, 2014
Emusan:

Shalom!
did you read the verse well? you misunderstand it
Joh 14:23 Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.

we muslim love jesus and obey jesus more than you because his a prophet of god
[b]AND ALSO JESUS SAY GOD IS THE FATHER OF EVERYBODY NOT HIM ALONE
'I am ascending to my Father and
your Father, to my God and your God.'" john20:17 [b]
Re: The Quran Testifies: David And Elizabeth Worshiped Jesus As God! by Abdulsalam20(m): 12:47pm On Oct 12, 2014
Emusan:

Shalom!
did you read the verse well? you misunderstand it
Joh 14:23 Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.

we muslim love jesus and obey jesus more than you because his a prophet of god
AND ALSO JESUS SAY GOD IS THE FATHER OF EVERYBODY NOT HIM ALONE
'I am ascending to my Father and
your Father, to my God and your God.'" john20:17

muslim obey jesus more than you because you are antichrist dollower of paul

*jesus pray by owing down his head christian pray by dancing
singing and drumming(pls how many christian bow down their
head)
*jesus forbid women to talk in church but now christians
organise choir infact ladies are now pastors
*jesus leave his beard no christian do that only muslims do that
but the only thing christian do is to laugh at them
*jesus forbid charging of interest when we try to establish
islamic banking with interest free loan can oppose it
*jesus order female to cover their hair if u go to churches you
will see women with their hair open some with handkechief and
some with hat which only cover half of the hair when
aregbesola raise the issue of using hijaab in osun state schools
infact he didnt say it is compulsor he said who so wsh......but
unfortunately can opposed it....infact in lagos state it is yet to
be implemented due to can disagreement
*jesu worship the one and only true god but you mis inter pret
him now you are worshiping three gods
*it is clear in the bible that we should to go hajj(mekkah) and
that jerusalem is no more holy bt you people feel reluctant i
created a thread for it nobody could defend it what they do is
to derail
*jesus surrender to god totally but u didnt u associate partner
with god
*jesus forbid eating pork most christian eat it but only mslims
never eat it
*jesus is a prophet of god but you call him god(i have already
prove this for u
jeus isnot dead but u say he is dead please check my profile for
detail

#jesus circumcised on the eigth day only muslim do that christians never

jesus say we should nt eat pork only muslim dont christian eat pork

all christian are antichrist only muslim are the true christian we are even christian more than the christian them selveve
Re: The Quran Testifies: David And Elizabeth Worshiped Jesus As God! by Abdulsalam20(m): 1:40pm On Oct 12, 2014
Emusan:

The different between you and I is that The True God of the universe who
created Adam, spoke to all the Prophets and sent His Only Son for remission
of sin has revealed Himself to me WHEREAS YOU DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO
Allah and if you read OT you'll see the God who spoke to All Prophet always
reveals Himself to people.

Shalom!
YOUR QUESTION HERE IS DIVIDED INTO TWO PART YOU CLAIM NO PROPNET RECEIVE REVELATION FROM ANGEL AND JESUS DIE FOR YOUR SIN

PROPHETS THAT RECEIVE REVELATION FM GABRIEL ON THE BIBLE

And when I (John) had heard and seen them, I fell down to worship at the feet
of the angel who had been showing them to me. But he said unto me, ‘Do not
do it!
I am a fellow servant with you and with your brothers the prophets and of
all who keep the words of this book. Worship God." (Revelation 22:8-9).
.......THIS MEANS EVEN JESUS IS A SERVANT OF GOD read dat verse wella

2. We know from the Bible that no man has seen, or can see, God (1Timothy
6:15-16). therefore who will god send

3. God’s Word was revealed to men by angels. Stephen, speaking of
Moses says,
"He was with the assembly in the desert, with the angel who spoke to him on
Mount Sinai, and with our fathers; and he received living words to pass on to
us." (Acts 7:38, cf.vs.53)

4 abraham was blessed by an angel
because he had obeyed God (Genesis 22:15-18). Similarly, an a

THIS IS ENOUGH TO PROVE THAT WRONG BECAUSE I STILL HAVE LIKE FORTY HERE
[/color]

Your second lie jesus die for our sin nevr!

Jesus was teaching his disciples in the outer court of the
Temple and one of them said unto him: Master, it is said
by the priests that without shedding of blood there is no
remission. Can then the blood offering of the law take
away sin? And Jesus answered: No blood offering, of
beast or bird, or man, can take away sin, for how can the
conscience be purged from sin by the shedding of innocent
blood? Nay, it will increase the condemnation. (Gospel of
the Nazorenes, Lection 33, verses 1-2)

and jesus is a son of man (son of adam) therefore he is a man
Re: The Quran Testifies: David And Elizabeth Worshiped Jesus As God! by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 12, 2014
davien:
In your quote mining you sneakily left out most of the texts,which is:

" O People of the Scripture! Do not exaggerate in your religion nor utter aught concerning Allah save the truth. The Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, was only a messenger of Allah, and His word which He conveyed unto Mary, and a spirit from Him. So believe in Allah and His messengers, and say not "Three" - Cease! (it is) better for you! - Allah is only One Allah."

^^^

The message is similar to the one in the verses below;

Isaiah 42:1-5(KJV)

Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles. He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street. A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth.

He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law. Thus saith God the Lord, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:

Isaiah 45:5(KJV)

I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded you, though you have not known me:

Isaiah 46:9(KJV)

Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me

For me, I think it's good enough if Islam recognizes Jesus as the "Messiah"...!

2 Likes

Re: The Quran Testifies: David And Elizabeth Worshiped Jesus As God! by udatso: 3:07pm On Oct 13, 2014
BraveGuy:

If the op is not worth replying to, then why did not ignore it, but still went ahead to make your rubbish comments ... grin ... grin ... do you think at all? If you don't want me to start quoting all those satanic verses from your quoran, shut up!

I guess you didn't read the comment I quoted. let me help you . I was replying to malvisguy212 who claimed the op hasnt been answerd. i made him realise why the op wasnt replied was because its a senseless comparison .
Re: The Quran Testifies: David And Elizabeth Worshiped Jesus As God! by udatso: 3:11pm On Oct 13, 2014
BraveGuy:

Which of your so-called scholars have been bold enough to challenge Sam Shamoun in a debate? They are always running all over the place, making spurious claims that betray nothing but different degrees of inferiority complexes.

you really don't read do you. he has debated with shabir ally and also the brother in answeringchristianity (forgot his name). and besides why would anyone want to debate a liar who never admits when he is wrong . I hope you are not following his footsteps?
Re: The Quran Testifies: David And Elizabeth Worshiped Jesus As God! by udatso: 3:17pm On Oct 13, 2014
BraveGuy:

When did your Quran's Allah become equal with the Almighty God?

so if you don't agree that its same God, why are you and your lying master merging events of these books together and thereby falsely charge qur'an of an account whose record can only be found in the bible

1 Like

Re: The Quran Testifies: David And Elizabeth Worshiped Jesus As God! by Rilwayne001: 5:07pm On Oct 13, 2014
For the last time undecided

Emusan:

I've prepared answer to your question [s] but I still want you to swallow up the word 'morons' in your first post because you can't expect a MAN LIKE me to reply to a post that the author lacks public morality. [/s]

Please present your answer and stop all these flimsy excuse. undecided

Afterall you do call our prophet names in your arguments undecided, and i dont take it as an excuse even though i ought to have stop conversating with you for you lack moral towards those who we held in high esteem including God almighty.

If we are talking about authors that lack public morality you are the number one immorality so far on this section.

Meanwhile, the morons i used in my earlier post here was directed at those people supporting the OP on the first page including the OP himself.

So address the question and stop this excuse, afterall i quote the questions directly to you without including those words.

This may be my last post here.

1 Like

Re: The Quran Testifies: David And Elizabeth Worshiped Jesus As God! by Mintayo(m): 5:44pm On Oct 13, 2014
Muslims and lies? Inseperable!
Muslims and misintepretion? Inseperable!
All i see here by muslims are lies and misintepretation!
May God help us!

1 Like

Re: The Quran Testifies: David And Elizabeth Worshiped Jesus As God! by Emusan(m): 8:54am On Oct 14, 2014
Had it been you pay close attention to my posts you would’ve seen that I didn’t abuse any one you held in high esteem BUT you and your brother sometimes misunderstand my point AND WHEN I notice this I apologised even though I didn’t stress myself to clear the misunderstanding.

But now that you’ve made yourself clear this is my respond to your question.

Rilwayne001: This is what the Quran says
Quran 5:72 Indeed, they have disbelieved who say, "Behold, God is the Christ, son of Mary" - seeing that the Christ [himself] said, "O children of Israel! Worship God [alone], who is my Sustainer as well as your Sustainer."" Behold, whoever ascribes divinity to any being beside God, unto him will God deny paradise, and his abode shall be the fire: and such evildoers will have none to aid them.

In fact the first underline statement is a false accusation against Christianity because nowhere Christian ever say ’God is the Christ’-it means Jesus also comprises of both the Father and Holyspirit what Christianity claim is that ’Jesus is the Son of God and God’-which means He possesses All the attribute of God through His Father. You might be confused about the word ‘GOD’ I’m using here but the God here can be in form of a Title like King (Recently even the Pagans have started using capital G for any deity they believe in).

Truly Jesus said the above in the bible.

"O children of Israel! Worship God [alone], who is my Sustainer as well as your Sustainer."
&
The Lord OUR God is ONE LORD

Next time your statement should read like, Truly Jesus said a SIMILAR THING like the above in the bible because these two statements aren’t the same.

MARK 12:29-34 — And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; [size=15pt]The Lord OUR God is ONE LORD: [/size] And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart,and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these. And the scribe said unto him……………"

Only a blind man will not see the ONE LORD in the verse above.

UNTIL ANY ONE OF YOU CAN PROVE TO ME THAT JESUS WAS TALKING ABOUT HIMSELF HERE. ELSE YOU ARE ALL RETARDED INCLUDING THE OP undecided undecided undecided

As you rightly said Jesus wasn’t talked about Himself here BUT about the UNITY of God Jesus quotes directly from the book of Deu 6:4-5.

Here let me digress a little for Bible Study!
The whole Chapter 6 of Deuteronomy was given to Israelite as commandments they must follow when they enter the PROMISE LAND ”... that you may do them in the land to which you are going over, to possess it; verse1

For the sake of space and to avoid long text SEEKER OF TRUTH can read the whole Deu 6.

The reason why these commandments came is for them to FEAR GOD and not to lost after any Pagan gods/ TO SERVE ANOTHER god BESIDE YAHWEY in the LAND they are going, this reason is very clear when we read verse 13-14 ”13 You shall fear the LORD your God; you shall serve him, and swear by his name. 14 You shall not go after other gods, of the gods of the peoples who are round about you;

The evident of Moses speaking ONLY about the UNITY of God rather than the NATURE of Yahweh can be seen from the Book of Genesis which Moses himself wrote: ”Then the LORD rained on Sodom and Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven;” Gen 19:24
One LORD who was present at Sodom and Gomorrah rained FIRE from ANOTHER LORD who was in heaven.
For Moses to identify two separate Lord here it means Moses fully aware of Multi-personal being of YAHWEH before he wrote the book of Deuteronomy.

While in the book of Mark, the reason why Jesus alluded to Deuteronomy is because of the trap they’re trying to set for Jesus Mark 12:13 “And they sent to him some of the Pharisees and some of the Herodians, to entrap him in his talk.

If you read this chapter from verse 13 downward you’ll see how they ask Him different questions, so what Jesus did is to remind them about the commandment on God’s unity.

With the foregoing in mind I’ll now turn to your question by holding unto this statement of yours ”Truly Jesus said the above in the bible” for you to say this it means you believe these are actually true word of historical Jesus, so I’m going to use the same book of Mark chapter 12 to answer your question.

Let me start first from verse 1-8 HYPERLINK "" "He then began to speak to them in parables: 'A man planted a vineyard. He put a wall around it, dug a pit for the winepress and built a watchtower. Then he rented the vineyard to some farmers and went away on a journey. At harvest time he sent a servant to the tenants to collect from them some of the fruit of the vineyard. But they seized him, beat him and sent him away empty-handed. Then he sent another servant to them; they struck this man on the head and treated him shamefully. He sent still another, and that one they killed. He sent many others; some of them they beat, others they killed. [size=14pt]He had one left to send, A SON, WHOM HE LOVED. He sent him last of all, saying, ‘They will respect MY SON.’ But the tenants said to one another, ‘This is THE HEIR.[/size] Come, let's kill him, and the inheritance will be ours.’ So they took him and killed him, and threw him out of the vineyard." Mark 12:1-8 NIV

The Hebrew Scriptures identify these servants as God's prophets who were sent to the nation of Israel: "From the day that your fathers came out of the land of Egypt to this day, I have persistently sent all my servants the prophets to them, day after day." Jeremiah 7:25

These verses are so rich for two reasons:
1) The SON here exists somewhere else before He was sent.
2) With this phrase ”... He sent him last of all,...” it means Jesus is the cumulative of all Prophets (Servants) and distinguished Himself (since He is God's beloved Son and Heir) from all the Prophets.

Remember Quran denied the Sonship of Jesus Christ.

Lastly, had it been that Muslims who always raise this question can a little bit be SINCERE to themselves they would’ve found answer to their problem few verses next to the one they take out of context.

Again: "While Jesus was teaching in the temple courts, he asked, 'How is it that the teachers of the law say that the Christ is the son of David? David himself, speaking by the Holy Spirit, declared: [size=14pt]"The Lord said to my Lord: 'Sit at my right hand until I put your enemies under your feet. '"David himself calls him "Lord."[/size] How then can he be his son?'" Mark 12:35-37 NIV

The Lord Jesus, in this citation, refers to all three Persons of the Trinity. [b]The Lord Jesus indicates that David, speaking by the Holy Spirit, called the Messiah/Christ his Lord which implies that the Messiah is more exalted and greater than David.
When we combine this statement of Christ with what he said earlier in Mark 12:29 regarding there being one Lord, then it becomes quite evident that Jesus claimed Deity.

Notice why this must be the case:
*There is one Lord, namely Yahweh God.
*The Christ is Lord.
*Therefore, the Christ is Yahweh God.

But at the same time David refers to two distinct entities as Lord, which means that God exists in more than one Person:
*David speaks of two distinct entities as Lord.
*This, therefore, shows that Yahweh God is a multi-personal Being.

Further support that David was calling the Messiah Lord in the sense of his being God can be gathered from the fact that, at the time of the Psalm's composition, there was no one greater than David. Read Psalms 89:19-20, 26-27, 1 Chro 29:20-25.

Back to Deuteronomy it means for David to talk about two separate Lord, he fully aware of the written of Deuteronomy YET he can see the Christ as his Lord.

In conclusion both Deuteronomy and Mark are talking about God’s UNITY not God’s nature.
Mind you TRINITY simply means Tri(Three)-in-UNITY, that is ‘Three NATURE of God in ONE UNIT’.

I hope you can reason with the Op now?

You might want to reject this by saying Mark 12:35-37 are corrupted parts of the Bible then don’t forget that this is just a citation from OT book Psalms 110:1 just as the very one you believe are also a citation of Deuteronomy 6:4-5

Shalom!
All Bible quotations are from Revised Standard Version unless otherwise noted.

2 Likes

Re: The Quran Testifies: David And Elizabeth Worshiped Jesus As God! by Rilwayne001: 11:42am On Oct 14, 2014
All these your long epistles and throwing of scriptures anyhow does/have not address/answer my question at all, you just keep throwing yourseld into troubles/contradictions shooting yourself in the leg.

I will address your quote one after the other for my chatbox cannot contain them at once been the fact that am using my phone.

Emusan:

Had it been you pay close attention to my posts you would’ve seen that I didn’t abuse any one you held in high esteem BUT you and your brother sometimes misunderstand my point AND WHEN I notice this I apologised even though I didn’t stress myself to clear the misunderstanding.

Hmmm... I don't need to go back to this or take it as an excuse, But you know in your mind that you are telling a lie here undecided

Emusan:
But now that you’ve made yourself clear this is my respond to your question.

Ok. what took you so long before undecided

Emusan:
In fact the first underline statement is a false accusation against Christianity because nowhere Christian ever say ’God is the Christ’

Hmmm...another dimension

Emusan:
it means Jesus also comprises of both the Father and Holyspirit

Is'nt this ^^what xtianity claim

Emusan:
what Christianity claim is that ’Jesus is the Son of God and God’-which means He possesses All the attribute of God through His Father.
in the Book of Psalms "I will declare the decree: the LORD HATH SAID UNTO ME, THOU ART MY S ON; THIS DAY HAVE I BEGOTTEN THEE" Psalms 2:7

Which meams David is a god as well, abi

Emusan:
You might be confused about the word ‘GOD’ I’m using here but the God here can be in form of a Title like King (Recently even the Pagans have started using capital G for any deity they believe in).

Okay! with the bolded are you affirming that Jesus is not God almighty himself

Emusan:
"O children of Israel! Worship God [alone], who is my Sustainer as well as your Sustainer." & The Lord OUR God is ONE LORD
Next time your statement should read like, Truly Jesus said a SIMILAR THING like the above in the bible because these two statements aren’t the same.

Ok sir, now lets go to the major discussion.

2 Likes

Re: The Quran Testifies: David And Elizabeth Worshiped Jesus As God! by Rilwayne001: 12:35pm On Oct 14, 2014
Emusan
As you rightly said Jesus wasn’t talked about Himself here BUT about the UNITY of God Jesus quotes directly from the book of Deu 6:4-5.

If he was'nt talking about himself here as ONE AND ONLY LORD , then who was he talking about if truly he is the one and only Lord.

If he was talking about the Unity of God why did'nt he mention himself to make the explanation clearer to the pharisees.

Do you know more than Jesus that you want explain in a way that is against what was written in that passage

Now let us re-read the verse again. Jesus giving lecture about the two greatest commandment of God, he quote deut 6:4 to buttress is point in the lecture, do we then assume that Jesus does'nt take lecture serious just because those whom he was lecturing are trying to entrap him?. Let us read.

MARK 12:29-34 — And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart,and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these. And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but [size=15pt] HE [/size] : And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices . [size=15pt] And when Jesus saw that he answered discreetly, he said unto him, Thou art not far from the kingdom of God [/size] . And no man after that durst ask him any question.

NOW THEIR ARE MANY POINTS TO NOTE IN THE VERSE ABOVE:

* Jesus was giving lecture to well educated pple of the scripture

* He quoted from their scripture the greatest of all commadments i.e to believe that God is on and only.

* They affirm that these 2 commandments nullify burnt offerings and sacrifices.

* They affirm that Jesus been Master (in scripture understanding) as said the truth about the scripture, that there is ONE GOD and there is no other god but HE (notice the HE in red letter) [any honest person that read this verse will affirm that the HE doesnot include jesus. Therefore Jesus doesnt share in the divinity of God almighty]. Now did Jesus correct this man about it i.e to uphold trinity( that he shared in the diviinity?)

* No, jesus did't correct him, rather he saw that he had answered discreetly and told him that he is not far from the Kingdom of God....

My question now is, who are we going to believe between jesus and you

For he didnt endorse is divity here while you said he is God.

Again who is the ONE and ONLY LORD?
know that if Jesus is not the ONE AND ONLY LORD then comparing Jesus to ONE AND ONLY LORD is bogus.

Let us continue our discussion....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Quran Testifies: David And Elizabeth Worshiped Jesus As God! by Rilwayne001: 1:26pm On Oct 14, 2014
Emusan
Here let me digress a little for Bible Study!
The whole Chapter 6 of Deuteronomy was given to Israelite as commandments they must follow when they enter the PROMISE LAND ”... that you may do them in the land to which you are going over, to possess it; verse1

Another lie here!
They are not only to follow it after entering the promise Land, it is an eternal commandment that they are to follow forever and ever in other for them to have eternal life.

Deut. 6:1-7 These are the commands, decrees and laws the LORD your God directed me to teach you to observe in the land that you are crossing the Jordan to possess, so that you, your children and THEIR children after them may fear the LORD your God as long as you live by keeping all his decrees and commands that I give you, and so that you may enjoy long life .Hear, Israel, and be careful to obey so that it may go well with you and that you may increase greatly in a land flowing with milk and honey, just as the LORD, the God of your ancestors,promised you. Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all m your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

For the sake of space and to avoid long text SEEKER OF TRUTH can read the whole Deu 6.

I think you are the one that need to read and reread it over again.

The reason why these commandments came is for them to FEAR GOD and not to lost after any Pagan gods/ TO SERVE ANOTHER god BESIDE YAHWEY in the LAND they are going, this reason is very clear when we read verse 13-14 ”13 You shall fear the LORD your God; you shall serve him, and swear by his name. 14 You shall not go after other gods, of the gods of the peoples who are round about you;

Please reread the verse again, i guess you missed the part where it says thry are to teach there generation in other for them to have long life.

The evident of Moses speaking ONLY about the UNITY of God rather than the NATURE of Yahweh can be seen from the Book of Genesis which Moses himself wrote: ”Then the LORD rained on Sodom and Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven;” Gen 19:24
One LORD who was present at Sodom and Gomorrah rained FIRE from ANOTHER LORD who was in heaven.
For Moses to identify two separate Lord here it means Moses fully aware of Multi-personal being of YAHWEH before he wrote the book of Deuteronomy.
And this is the greatest lie have ever read in nairaland by trying to divert our attention away from Mark 12:29-34 where it is clear/glaring that jesus is neither God almigty Nd doesnt share in His divinity you brimg in another trinitarian deceptive verse to buttress your bogus argunent. Let us quckly examine Gen. 19:24.

When we read the account in Genesis 19 carefully, we find that it is the angels who will destroy Sodom. or else you want to tell me that jesus is an angel undecided.

Genesis 19:12-13 Now the two angels came to Sodom in the evening as Lot was sitting in the gate of Sodom....they turned aside to him and entered his house; and he prepared a feast for them.... Then the two men said to Lot, "Whom else have you here?".... for we [are about to destroy this place , because their outcry has become so great before Yahweh that Yahweh has sent us to destroy it ."

Observe how Yahweh says He will go down to Sodom and see if what is taking place is true. And then carefully note what the context says, "the men turned away from there and went toward Sodom:

Genesis 18:20-22 And Yahweh said, “The outcry of Sodom and Gomorrah is indeed great, and their sin is exceedingly grave. 21 I will go down now and see if they have done entirely according to its outcry, which has come to Me and if not, I will know.” Then the men turned away from there and went toward Sodom.

When the two angels go down to Sodom, it is clear this is how Yahweh is going down to Sodom to see if they have done according to its outcry. It is a matter of simple reading comprehension.

Now examining the context:

*to be continue*

1 Like

Re: The Quran Testifies: David And Elizabeth Worshiped Jesus As God! by Rilwayne001: 2:30pm On Oct 14, 2014
Emusan
*continued*

When we actually examine the account carefully, it becomes
crystal clear what is happening in these two chapters. In the following account, notice how Yahweh is identified.

Genesis 19:12-14 Now the two angels came to Sodom in the evening as Lot was sitting in the gate of Sodom.... they turned aside to him and entered his house; and he prepared a feast for them.... Then the two men said to Lot, "Whom else have you here?".... for we are about to destroy this place , because their outcry has become so great before Yahweh that [size=15pt] Yahweh has sent us to destroy it [/size] ." Lot went out and spoke to his sons-in-law, who were to marry his daughters, and said, "Up, get out of this place, for Yahweh will destroy the city.".... Then Yahweh rained on Sodom and Gomorrah brimstone and fire from Yahweh out of heaven

First, carefully observe who destroys Sodom: Yahweh destroys Sodom. (19:24). Now, carefully observe who says they will destroy Sodom: the two angels (19:13). Also carefully observe how Lot understands the angels when they tell him they will destroy Sodom. When the angels say they will destroy Sodom, Lot understands this to mean Yahweh will destroy Sodom (v. 14). It is quite clear, if you actually read the account in reasonable honesty, that these two angels destroying Sodom are Yahweh who rained down brimstone and fire.

In other words, we are to understand these angels are theophanies of God that is, not that GOD the father himself, same way i ttried to explain the role Angel Jubreel played in the revelation of the Quran, which fall to your deaf hear. It is not at all uncommon to find angels depicted as "GOD" in the OT. Carefully read the following account.

Genesis 16:7-13 [b] Now an angel of Yahweh *not yahweh himself* found her by a spring of water in the wilderness, by the spring on the way to Shur. He said, "Hagar, Sarai's maid, where have you come from and where are you going?" And she said, "I am fleeing from the presence of my mistress Sarai." Then the angel of Yahweh said to her, "Return to your mistress, and submit yourself to her authority." Moreover, the angel of Yahweh said to? her, "I will greatly multiply your descendants so that they will be too many to count." The angel of Yahweh said to her further, "Behold, you are with child, And you will bear a son; And you shall call his name Ishmael, Because Yahweh has given heed to your affliction. "He will be a wild donkey of a man, His hand will be against everyone, And everyone's hand will be against him; And he will live to the east of all his brothers." Then she called the name of Yahweh who spoke to her , "You are a God who sees"; for she said, "Have I even remained alive here after seeing Him?" [/b]

In the verse above it was the angel of yahweh that appear to hagar, and he conveyed her exactly as if he is yahweh, same way aangel jibril conveyed the message to muhammad, well thats not a discussiom for today.

I think i have made myself clear on how angels act on behalf of God in sodom.

* The discussion continues*

2 Likes

Re: The Quran Testifies: David And Elizabeth Worshiped Jesus As God! by Rilwayne001: 3:50pm On Oct 14, 2014
Emusan
While in the book of Mark, the reason why Jesus alluded to Deuteronomy is because of the trap they’re trying to set for Jesus Mark 12:13 “And they sent to him some of the Pharisees and some of the Herodians, to entrap him in his talk.

Oh! are you trying to say Jesus did'nt give the correct answers/explanation because they were trying to entrap him

If you read this chapter from verse 13 downward you’ll see how they ask Him different questions, so what Jesus did is to remind them about the commandment on God’s unity

Please refer to my question above.

With the foregoing in mind I’ll now turn to your question by holding unto this statement of yours ”Truly Jesus said the above in the bible” for you to say this it means you believe these are actually true word of historical Jesus, so I’m going to use the same book of Mark chapter 12 to answer your question.

I see no reason why you should be turning our attention to another top instead of addressing the topic at hand. You've not really address Mark 12:29-34....

Let me start first from verse 1-8 HYPERLINK "" "He then began to speak to them in parables: 'A man planted a vineyard. He put a wall around it, dug a pit for the winepress and built a watchtower. Then he rented the vineyard to some farmers and went away on a journey. At harvest time he sent a servant to the tenants to collect from them some of the fruit of the vineyard. But they seized him, beat him and sent him away empty-handed. Then he sent another servant to them; they struck this man on the head and treated him shamefully. He sent still another, and that one they killed. He sent many others; some of them they beat, others they killed. [size=14pt]He had one left to send, A SON, WHOM HE LOVED. He sent him last of all, saying, ‘They will respect MY SON.’ But the tenants said to one another, ‘This is THE HEIR.[/size] Come, let's kill him, and the inheritance will be ours.’ So they took him and killed him, and threw him out of the vineyard." Mark 12:1-8 NIV
The Hebrew Scriptures identify these servants as God's prophets who were sent to the nation of Israel: "From the day that your fathers came out of the land of Egypt to this day, I have persistently sent all my servants the prophets to them, day after day." Jeremiah 7:25

These verses are so rich for two reasons:
1) The SON here exists somewhere else before He was sent.
2) With this phrase ”... He sent him last of all,...” it means Jesus is the cumulative of all Prophets (Servants) and distinguished Himself (since He is God's beloved Son and Heir) from all the Prophets.

Remember Quran denied the Sonship of Jesus Christ.

Lastly, had it been that Muslims who always raise this question can a little bit be SINCERE to themselves they would’ve found answer to their problem few verses next to the one they take out of context.
grin grin bros why didnt you add verse 9 to make the picture complete.

9 “What then will the owner of the vineyard do? He will come and kill those tenants and give the vineyard to others.

Had it been he did'nt give out the vineyard to others again, then we'll affirm that the story has ended, but in verse 9 he gave another set of people the vinyard to manage, and according to how the vinyard is been managed earlier servants are sent to collect their harvest now:

Who are the others that the vineyard is been given to

Who is the servant sent to them to collect the harvest from them

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Quran Testifies: David And Elizabeth Worshiped Jesus As God! by Rilwayne001: 5:31pm On Oct 14, 2014
Emusan
Again: "While Jesus was teaching in the temple courts, he asked, 'How is it that the teachers of the law say that the Christ is the son of David? David himself, speaking by the Holy Spirit, declared: [size=14pt]"The Lord said to my Lord: 'Sit at my right hand until I put your enemies under your feet. '"David himself calls him "Lord."[/size] How then can he be his son?'" Mark 12:35-37 NIV
The Lord Jesus, in this citation, refers to all three Persons of the Trinity. [b]The Lord Jesus indicates that David, speaking by the Holy Spirit, called the Messiah/Christ his Lord which implies that the Messiah is more exalted and greater than David.
When we combine this statement of Christ with what he said earlier in Mark 12:29 regarding there being one Lord, then it becomes quite evident that Jesus claimed Deity.

Notice why this must be the case:
*The Christ is Lord.
*Therefore, the Christ is Yahweh God.

But at the same time David refers to two distinct entities as Lord, which means that God exists in more than one Person:
*David speaks of two distinct entities as Lord.
*This, therefore, shows that Yahweh God is a multi-personal Being.

Further support that David was calling the Messiah Lord in the sense of his being God can be gathered from the fact that, at the time of the Psalm's composition, there was no one greater than David. Read Psalms 89:19-20, 26-27, 1 Chro 29:20-25.

Back to Deuteronomy it means for David to talk about two separate Lord, he fully aware of the written of Deuteronomy YET he can see the Christ as his Lord.

Does the name of God (HaShem), translated as “the Lord” of Psalms 110:1, refer to “God the Father” or to “God the Son” or does it refer to all three members of the Trinity

From your ealier explanation of the alleged unity of the triunity God you tried to force into mark 12:29, it follows that “the Lord” (HaShem) could not refer to either “God the Father” or “God the Son” alone, but must refer to all three members of the “triunity” as a whole. This being the case, how is it possible for you to maintain that the phrase “to my Lord” (as commonly translated in Christian Bibles) refers to Jesus? If “my Lord” refers to the second member of the supposed “triunity,” Jesus,then who is the first “Lord” mentioned in the verse? If “the Lord” (HaShem) in the Shema is a “triunity” united in the divine name, that is, “the Lord is our Gods,” the first “Lord” in Psalms 110:1 must also refer to the united “triunity.” If this is so, then the phrase “to my Lord” automatically excludes Jesus, who allegedly is already included in the first part of the verse, “the Lord.” Furthermore, if the second “Lord,” supposedly Jesus, is sitting NEXT to the first “Lord,” the triune godhead or two-thirds of it, or any aggregate of it, he cannot be part of it. That which exists outside of God cannot be God..You digg

1 Like

Re: The Quran Testifies: David And Elizabeth Worshiped Jesus As God! by Rilwayne001: 5:51pm On Oct 14, 2014
Emusan
In conclusion both Deuteronomy and Mark are talking about God’s UNITY not God’s nature.
Mind you TRINITY simply means Tri(Three)-in-UNITY, that is ‘Three NATURE of God in ONE UNIT’.

hhhmmmm...indeeed undecided lol
How many Gods do we have if one sit at the right hand side of the other, is'nt that 2seperate Gods

My point is, your explanation for Mark 12:29-34 contradicts that of Mark 12:35-37.

Jesus mentioned ONE AND ONLY LORD (that there is no other LORD greater than the LORD). and he was talking about what david wrote about him that the almighty Lord will make him sit beside him. Now if you sit beside someone does dat make you the person...

I hope you can reason with the Op now?

No, not at all, untill the OP can prove to me that xtians worship 2 differrnt gods undecided (psalm110:1)

You might want to reject this by saying Mark 12:35-37 are corrupted parts of the Bible then don’t forget that this is just a citation from OT book Psalms 110:1 just as the very one you believe are also a citation of Deuteronomy 6:4-5

No, not at all, just clearup your mess

Shalom! All Bible quotations are from Revised Standard
Version unless otherwise noted.
.... okay

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Quran Testifies: David And Elizabeth Worshiped Jesus As God! by Rilwayne001: 6:00pm On Oct 14, 2014
Now some ask this question on one of your thread i'll lile to see you reply to it.
If Almighty God is All knowing: Jesus isn't, he said so himself-Matthew 24:36-" but of that day and hour knoweth no man,not the angels of heaven, but MY FATHER ONLY".

What did Jesus say in Mark 10:18//Matt 19:17-" Why calleth thou me good? There is none good but one, that is God...."[KJV]

Salam

1 Like

Re: The Quran Testifies: David And Elizabeth Worshiped Jesus As God! by redsun(m): 6:51pm On Oct 14, 2014
Why dont the quoran reveal that allah was one of the pantheon gods of the arabs that was chosen to represent one god at the expense of the other gods when islam came on the scene?And that he had two daughters?

The truth shall set you muderfuckers free.Seek and you shall find.
Re: The Quran Testifies: David And Elizabeth Worshiped Jesus As God! by Emusan(m): 9:08am On Oct 15, 2014
Rilwayne001:
All these your long epistles and throwing of scriptures anyhow does/have not address/answer my question at all, you just keep throwing yourseld into troubles/contradictions shooting yourself in the leg.

Why would it address your question when you’re already confused?
Well if you think they contradict is because of the wrong glasses you put on.

I will address your quote one after the other for my chatbox cannot contain them at once been the fact that am using my phone.

I will also do the same about yours JUST that it might not be as quick as you’ll expect it.

Hmmm... I don't need to go back to this or take it as an excuse, But you know in your mind that you are telling a lie here undecided

Anyhow you see it, in fact for me to say “I’ve tendered my apology” should convey a message to you.

Ok. what took you so long before undecided

You!

Hmmm...another dimension

Nothing like another dimension, Quran is totally false on this; Christians never claimed that God is the Christ which makes Christ both the Father and The Son.

Is'nt this ^^what xtianity claim

Yet you’ve been on Nland for some years now you don’t know what Christians claim undecided undecided
Go and learn more about TRINITY.

in the Book of Psalms "I will declare the decree: the LORD HATH SAID UNTO ME, THOU ART MY SON; THIS DAY HAVE I BEGOTTEN THEE" Psalms 2:7

Not only David was called son of God in the Bible in fact they are many which I’m not going to address here to keep my post cool.
BUT remember Christian didn’t deny the Sonship of other people in the Bible because I’m also a son of God BUT not in the sense of Jesus our Savior.

NOTE: This is one of the things that prove Quran wrong that God has no Son despite the fact that God called many people including the Nation of Israel His son.

BUT what we should know is that EVEN THOUGH Jesus was the Son of God, He is totally unique and existed with the Father before creation then makes Him different from other sons of God mentions in the Bible, Reasons?

I’ll quote some Bible passages to buttress my point EVEN THOUGH you will discard them.
”No one has ever gone into heaven except the one (Jesus) who came from heaven-the Son of Man...For God did not SEND his Son INTO the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him” John 3:13,17
PLEASE IF YOU DON’T WANT ME TO AVOID YOUR POST DON’T ASK ANY QUESTION ABOUT NO ONE HAS GONE INTO HEAVEN, I’m trying to keep this post cool. So YOU CAN DO THAT BY OPEN A THREAD if you’re confused about it because I only want to bring out this point ”...except the one who CAME from HEAVEN...”

”What if you see the Son of Man ascend to where he was BEFORE” John 6:62

”I came from the Father and ENTERED the world; now I am leaving the world and going BACK to the Father” John 16:28

“’Yes, Lord,’ she told him, ‘I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, who was to come INTO the world,’” John 11:25-27

NOBODY ever called son of God who claimed all these apart from Jesus Christ our Saviour.

Which meams David is a god as well, abi

Let the above verses answer your question

Okay! with the bolded are you affirming that Jesus is not God almighty himself

Jesus is not totality of God Almighty (which means He is not the whole Unity of God i.e comprises of The Father and The Holyspirit) BUT Jesus as the God Son is Almighty.

Ok sir, now let’s go to the major discussion.

Ok sir, I will

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Quran Testifies: David And Elizabeth Worshiped Jesus As God! by Emusan(m): 9:10am On Oct 16, 2014
Rilwayne001:

If he was'nt talking about himself here as ONE AND ONLY LORD , then who was he talking about if truly he is the one and only Lord.

In fact, I’m tired of you because you reason like a child.
For the last time, The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit make up The Unity of God which is one and only Lord.

If he was talking about the Unity of God why did'nt he mention himself to make the explanation clearer to the pharisees.

He quoted from their own scripture which talks about God’s Unity.

Do you know more than Jesus that you want explains in a way that is against what was written in that passage

I don’t know more than Him and I didn’t go against what was written but saying exactly what was written.

NOW THEIR ARE MANY POINTS TO NOTE IN THE VERSE ABOVE:

These are the verses you quoted Mark 12:29-34, I removed them to avoid long text.

* They affirm that Jesus been Master (in scripture understanding) as said the truth about the scripture, that there is ONE GOD and there is no other god but HE (notice the HE in red letter) [any honest person that read this verse will affirm that the HE does not include jesus.

Your problem is because you don’t want to tell yourself the truth, so after Jesus has quoted Deu 6:4-5 which affirmed the Unity of God you still want Him to say no...? I’m also God :-/ :-/ How will you feel if someone stands in your front and says I am God?

Therefore, Jesus doesnt share in the divinity of God almighty]. Now did Jesus correct this man about it i.e to uphold trinity( that he shared in the diviinity?)

One thing you fail to understand is that Jesus didn’t come to earth to claim divinity RATHER to do The Father’s will, imaging Jesus never says He is God they accused Him of blasphemy what will now happen if Jesus says I am God?
He only reveals His true identity to few disciples at His transfiguration.
Jesus didn’t need to correct Him because the man was right and if Jesus is to say to them(the Jews) that He is God THE JEWS WILL GET IT TWISTED (they can’t fully comprehend it-just like you) and think He is talking about the one they know through OT.

* No, jesus did't correct him, rather he saw that he had answered [b]discreetly and told him that he is not far from the Kingdom of God....

He didn’t correct him because the man truly hold to the teaching of God’s Unity in OT.

My question now is, who are we going to believe between jesus and you
For he didnt endorse is divity here while you said he is God.

Believe Jesus who teaches that God is one and that David speaking through the Spirit called The Christ his Lord in the same chapter BUT you term it contradiction.
He’s not on earth to prove divinity since He understood that the man still hold to OT teaching of God’s Unity.

Again who is the ONE and ONLY LORD?
know that if Jesus is not the ONE AND ONLY LORD then comparing Jesus to ONE AND ONLY LORD is bogus.

God’s Unity that comprises The Father, The Son and The Holyspirit no other One and Only Lord apart from this Unit.

1 Like

Re: The Quran Testifies: David And Elizabeth Worshiped Jesus As God! by Emusan(m): 9:17am On Oct 16, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Another lie here!
They are not only to follow it after entering the promise Land; it is an eternal commandment that they are to follow forever and ever in other for them to have eternal life.
Please reread the verse again, i guess you missed the part where it says they are to teach their generation in other for them to have long life.

I can see that you couldn’t fathom my point here, what I meant is this THE COMMANDMENT was given so that THEY WON’T associate any pagan gods to YAHWEH in the land they’re going (which still stands till today NO ASSOCIATION OF PAGAN god with YAHWEH) because the nations surrounded that LAND where they’re going are already into PAGAN worship, so the COMMANDMENT is to remind them that ONLY YAHWEH is their God NOT THAT THE commandment address the NATURE of YAHWEH.

Hope it’s clear now?

And this is the greatest lie have ever read in nairaland by trying to divert our attention away from Mark 12:29-34 where it is clear/glaring that jesus is neither God almigty Nd doesnt share in His divinity you bring in another trinitarian deceptive verse to buttress your bogus argunent. Let us quckly examine Gen. 19:24.

Lol...Imaging I’m diverting people’s attention when I only alluded to Deuteronomy so that people can see where Jesus was coming from in Mark.

When we read the account in Genesis 19 carefully, we find that it is the angels who will destroy Sodom. or else you want to tell me that jesus is an angel undecided.

Genesis 19:12-14 Now the two angels came to Sodom in the evening as Lot was sitting in the gate of Sodom.... they turned aside to him and entered his house; and he prepared a feast for them.... Then the two men said to Lot, "Whom else have you here?".... for we are about to destroy this place , because their outcry has become so great before Yahweh that [size=15pt]Yahweh has sent us to destroy it[/size] ."Lot went out and spoke to his sons-in-law, who were to marry his daughters, and said, "Up, get out of this place, for Yahweh will destroy the city.".... Then Yahweh rained on Sodom and Gomorrah brimstone and fire from Yahweh out of heaven

First, carefully observe who destroys Sodom: Yahweh destroys Sodom. (19:24). Now, carefully observe who says they will destroy Sodom: the two angels (19:13). Also carefully observe how Lot understands the angels when they tell him they will destroy Sodom. When the angels say they will destroy Sodom, Lot understands this to mean Yahweh will destroy Sodom (v. 14). It is quite clear, if you actually read the account in reasonable honesty, [size=14pt]that these two angels destroying Sodom are Yahweh who rained down brimstone and fire.

In other words, we are to understand these angels are Theophanous of God
[/size] that is, not that GOD the father himself, same way i tried to explain the role Angel Jubreel played in the revelation of the Quran, which fall to your deaf hear.
^You quoted Genesis 16:7-13
In the verse above it was the angel of yahweh that appear to hagar, and he conveyed her exactly as if he is yahweh, same way aangel jibril conveyed the message to muhammad, well thats not a discussiom for today.

If a stranger of the scripture read this your post s/he might think you’re making a good point just the way Muslims in the house will be encomium you BUT unknowingly that you’re confused and that you’re distorting the scriptures.

Firstly, Jesus is an Angel in a sense that He was sent INTO the world because Angel simply means Messenger BUT He is not an Angel created to live in heaven.

Secondly, @first-underline; you actually believe that the two angels are just a representative of YAHWEH that’s why even Lot understood them as Yahweh which you later support with the story of Hagar.

Then @second-underlined shows how confuse you’re and how you lack scriptural knowledge because if not you won’t talk about Theophany again, do you know the meaning of Theophany?
Theophany simply means Manifestation of a deity to man or the appearance of God in human form. Had it been you know the meaning of Theophany you won’t conclude that the Angels are to be understood as Theophanous.

Thirdly, I don’t want to go into detail before but you’ve made it happen.

The Angels are actually Theophanous which means is the APPEARANCE of YAHWEH though the writer used ANGEL might be because THE WERE SENT like I said The word Angel doesn’t necessarily mean a created being who lives in heaven.

The story started from Genesis 18 when the Lord appeared and Abraham saw three men and Abraham still addressed these three men as LORD (Y@hovah) and WORSHIPPED them.

^In vr 2 ”When he saw them, he ran from the tent door to meet them, and bowed himself to the earth,
^In vr 9 we read a plural pronouns ”They said to him...” this comprises the three men
^In vr 10 the writer changed back to ”The Lord said, I...” This was used up to vr 15 which means the Unity of the men.
^In vr 16 the writer changed back to men
^In vr 17 The Lord was used again for this men up to vr 21 where this statement appears in vr 21 ”I will go down to see...” which means THE LORD is going down there.
^In vr 22 Two was single out going towards Sodom while the only one remained with Abraham was called the Lord this was used till the last vr33

What is so astonished about this story is what we found in Lot’s story.
Before I proceed I want the readers to know that your initially claimed was that The Angels are just Yahweh representative.

At the beginning of Lot’s story we read in vr1 ”The two angels came to Sodom...” this two Angels were identified with the three men who visited Abraham then if the men which the writer identified as ANGEL were just an heavenly created being then they shouldn’t have accepted WORSHIP from Lot because Lot WORSHIPPED them the way Abraham WORSHIPPED the three men.

^In vr 1 ”...When Lot saw them, he rose to meet them, and bowed himself with his face to the earth,” this is exactly what Abraham did.
^In vr 12 the writer used ‘the men’ again
^In vr 13 they said The Lord (Y@hovah) has sent them which mean they are the very one who will carry out the operation.
^In vr 14 Lot believed that they are The Lord (Y@hovah)
^In vr 16 “But he (Lot) lingered; so the men seized him and his wife and his two daughters by the hand, the LORD (Y@hovah) being merciful to him,...” we can see how THE MEN later called THE LORD and performed a prerogative who only belong to God by being MERCIFUL to Lot.
^In vr 18-20 we see Lot made a request/prayer for salvation. The astonish part of it is that....
^In vr 21-22 we see that the Angel GRANTED Lot’s request/prayer which no created angel can do.
^In vr 21-22 we can see again the PERSONAL PRONOUN being used to show that THEY are the one who actually want to carry out the operations i.e “...that I will not overthrow the city...”, “...for I can do nothing till you arrive there...”

So that’s why vr 23 & 24 can say ”The sun had risen on the earth when Lot came to Zoar.
24 Then the LORD (Y@hovah) rained on Sodom and Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD (Y@hovah) out of heaven;

By using your OWN word “It is quite clear, if you actually read the account in reasonable honesty,” it means you didn’t read it in a clear reasonable honesty.

Lastly, you contrast this account with Gabriel of Quran BUT an honest person can see that Allah never APPEARED in form of man so Quran Gabriel can’t be compared with this account.

I think i have made myself clear on how angels act on behalf of God in sodom.

You didn’t make yourself clear RATHER you distort the scripture and show your dishonesty.

All Bible quotations are from RSV.

1 Like

Re: The Quran Testifies: David And Elizabeth Worshiped Jesus As God! by Rilwayne001: 12:48pm On Oct 16, 2014
Emusan:

[s] In fact, I’m tired of you because you reason like a child. [/s]
For the last time, The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit make up The Unity of God which is one and only Lord.
MARK 12:29-34 — And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; [size=15pt] The Lord our God is one Lord: [/size] And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart,and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these. And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but [size=15pt] HE [/size] : And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices . [size=15pt] And when Jesus saw that he answered discreetly, he said unto him, Thou art not far from the kingdom of God [/size] . And no man after that durst ask him any question.

and you think your statement above can be deduce from this verse
One thing that is obvious in the verse is that, Jesus was neither teachng about divinity nor the listeners taking him as divine going by the word "and therr is no other god bur HE" contrary to what you are trying to force down our throat here undecided
Now, the pharisees present in this lecture understood jesus to be talking about one God (which doesnt consist of the son and holyspirit brouhaha), now if truly jesus was teaching trinity here he ought to make it plain to them just as you are tryin so hard to make it here, instead he acknowledge and told him dat he is not far from the kingdom of God. Now you are telling us here that they are confused set of people including me, i wonder why jesus didnt say that to them instead he said they are notfar from the kindgom of God. Seems u know more than him undecided undecided

He quoted from their own scripture which talks about God’s Unity. I don’t know more than Him and I didn’t go against what was written but saying exactly what was written.
deut6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one .

I dont think the ONE here comprises of anyother thing except that you want tto force your trinity to it. Care to let uus know why moses didnt teach about trinity to his people if it truly exists..

looking 4ward to it.

Your problem is because you don’t want to tell yourself the truth, so after Jesus has quoted Deu 6:4-5 which affirmed the Unity of God you still want Him to say no...? I’m also God :-/ :-/ How will you feel if someone stands in your front and says I am God? One thing you fail to understand is that Jesus didn’t come to earth to claim divinity RATHER to do The Father’s will, imaging Jesus never says He is God they accused Him of blasphemy what will now happen if Jesus says I am God?
He only reveals His true identity to few disciples at His transfiguration. Jesus didn’t need to correct Him because the man was right and if Jesus is to say to them(the Jews) that He is God THE JEWS WILL GET IT TWISTED (they can’t fully comprehend it-just like you) and think He is talking about the one they know through OT.

Bla blah blah!!!

shocked shocked oh! you mean jesus was hiding his identity that was why he didnt teach trinity to them. hmmmmm

another lie.

SMH.

Believe Jesus who teaches that God is one and that David speaking through the Spirit called The Christ his Lord in the same chapter BUT you term it contradiction.
He’s not on earth to prove divinity since He understood that the man still hold to OT teaching of God’s Unity.

Here is that the Jews believe and understand.

ISAIAH 44:8 – Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? [size=15pt] YE ARE even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any. [/size]

ISAIAH 46:9 – Remember the former things of old: for [size=15pt] I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me . [/size]

Jesus understood the same that was why he said they are notnot far from the kingdom of God. but here you are tryig to force your Trinity inti it. ...smh.

God’s Unity that comprises The Father, The Son and The Holyspirit no other One and Only Lord apart from this Unit.

Kindly point to us where the above was taught by prophets of the old including Jesus himself else you know better than them all..

1 Like

Re: The Quran Testifies: David And Elizabeth Worshiped Jesus As God! by Rilwayne001: 12:48pm On Oct 16, 2014
Emusan:

Firstly, Jesus is an Angel in a sense that He was sent INTO the world because Angel simply means [b]Messenger BUT He is not an Angel created to live in heaven. [/b]

Moses is an angel too abi undecided… all the prophets in the OT are angel as well abi, they are not angels created to live in heaven, but if a jW tell you jesus is archangel, you will be the first person there showing muscle abi undecided undecided keep deceiving yourself.

Even the ghost writer of hebrew will call you a lier for calling jesus an angel.
Hebrews 1:4 NIV: So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs.

With the above verse the writer tells us that Jesus was'nt an angel, that he is superior to an angel...

And we read in genesis 19 that "Two angels came to Sodom"......

The angels were SENT by YHWH. truly they are messengers,messengers of Yahweh with a message from Yahweh but they are not human being. In the OT, it is very common for us to find an angel, or angels,sent by YHWH who are respected as if they were YHWH Himelf. This is because it is known that they were messengers sent by YHWH and to honor these angels is to honor the One who sent them: YHWH.

Jesus teaches about this principle. To honor the one sent is to honor the one who sent him. Angels appear in the name of YHWH to do YHWH's will. They are MESSENGERS of Yahweh.And so people are expected respond to these angels as if they are responding to YHWH Himself.

The story started from Genesis 18 when the Lord appeared and Abraham saw three men and Abraham still addressed these three men as LORD (Y@hovah) and WORSHIPPED them. ^In vr 2 ”When he saw them, he ran from the tent door to meet them, and bowed himself to the earth, ^In vr 9 we read a plural pronouns ”They said to him...” this comprises the three men ^In vr 10 the writer changed back to ”The Lord said, I...” This was used up to vr 15 which means the Unity of the men. ^In vr 16 the writer changed back to men ^In vr 17 The Lord was used again for this men up to vr 21 where this statement appears in vr 21 ”I will go down to see...” which means THE LORD is going down there. ^In vr 22 Two was single out going towards Sodom while the only one remained with Abraham was called the Lord this was used till the last vr33 What is so astonished about this story is what we found in Lot’s story.
Before I proceed I want the readers to know that your initially claimed was that The Angels are just Yahweh representative.
At the beginning of Lot’s story we read in vr1 ”The two angels came to Sodom...” this two Angels were identified with the three men who visited Abraham then if the men which the writer identified as ANGEL were just an heavenly created being then they shouldn’t have accepted WORSHIP from Lot because Lot WORSHIPPED them the way Abraham WORSHIPPED the three men.
^In vr 1 ”...When Lot saw them, he rose to meet them, and bowed himself with his face to the earth,” this is exactly what Abraham did.
^In vr 12 the writer used ‘the men’ again
^In vr 13 they said The Lord (Y@hovah) has sent them which mean they are the very one who will carry out the operation.
^In vr 14 Lot believed that they are The Lord (Y@hovah)
^In vr 16 “But he (Lot) lingered; so the men seized him and his wife and his two daughters by the hand, the LORD (Y@hovah) being merciful to him,...” we can see how THE MEN later called THE LORD and performed a prerogative who only belong to God by being MERCIFUL to Lot.
^In vr 18-20 we see Lot made a request/prayer for salvation. The astonish part of it is that....
^In vr 21-22 we see that the Angel GRANTED Lot’s request/prayer which no created angel can do.
^In vr 21-22 we can see again the PERSONAL PRONOUN being used to show that THEY are the one who actually want to carry out the operations i.e “...that I will not overthrow the city...”, “...for I can do nothing till you arrive there...”
So that’s why vr 23 & 24 can say ”The sun had risen on the earth when Lot came to Zoar.
24 Then the LORD (Y@hovah) rained on Sodom and Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD (Y@hovah) out of heaven;

By using your OWN word “It is quite clear, if you actually read the account in reasonable honesty,” it means you didn’t read it in a clear reasonable honesty.
Lastly, you contrast this account with Gabriel of Quran BUT an honest person can see that Allah never APPEARED in form of man so Quran Gabriel can’t be compared with this account.
You didn’t make yourself clear RATHER you distort the scripture and show your dishonesty.
All Bible quotations are from RSV.

When Abraham met the three men, he addressed them as adoni , "my Lord" (18:3). While there are three men, the Hebrew singular word adoni is used by Abraham and he is addressing plural "men" in the singular as if they were one person. This is because Abraham recognizes they are messengers of One, Yahweh, and their message is from One,Yahweh Himself. We have just read that the LORD appeared to Abraham, that is, Yahweh appeared to Abraham. So when Abraham speaks to these three messengers, He understands they are sent from one person, Yahweh, and so he speaks to them as if he is speaking to one person, Yahweh, and he does so because Yahweh sent them.

Verse 18:3 is not the only place this occurs. Again at verse 19:18, we read, "And Lot said to them , my Lord, please no!" Again, the word is the singular word adoni and both these two angels are together addressed with singular adoni as if they were one Lord. At this point, it becomes absolutely clear what has been going on since Abraham first met the three.Because Lot addresses two of these ofv"men" as singular adoni ,vand we know these two are angels, it is quite clear why Abraham addresses the three as adoni when he first met them.He addresses these messengers, whether one, two, or three, as "my Lord" because they were sent from his Lord Yahweh and he is speaking back to his Lord Yahweh who sent them.

In the language of the Bible, we might read that King X destroyed the city. It would not, however, necessarily mean King X was even present at the scene. If King X stayed at home and the servants of King X went and destroyed the city, the language of the Bible would be that King X destroyed the city because the subjects of King X and his servants, represent King X and the Kingdom of King X. And it is no different concerning Yahweh and the angels who are representatives of God. In each case, their identity is wrapped up in their King.

Take King Herod as an example.

Now my question is "if we are to believe or take your assertion, Which one of tthe angels in the story was Jesus"

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Share Your Eidmubarak Pictures Here / "Seven (7) Ways To Earn Reward Even After Death" / Explanations On Jesus And The Cross Matter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 266
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.