Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

Price Of 07 Camry Engine And Gear Box - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Price Of 07 Camry Engine And Gear Box (6245 Views)

Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria / Toyota Camry Engine With Stripped Head Bolt Issue: '03 (big 4 Nothing) / Camry Engine For My Freelander 1999 Model (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Price Of 07 Camry Engine And Gear Box by casmir378: 8:35pm On Oct 04, 2014
Pls house...I would like to know the price of the engine and gear box(10 pin) of 07 camry....pls I need reply ....thanks
Re: Price Of 07 Camry Engine And Gear Box by casmir378: 8:59pm On Oct 04, 2014
V4 engine..2AZ
Re: Price Of 07 Camry Engine And Gear Box by sultaan(m): 9:02pm On Oct 04, 2014
casmir378:
Pls house...I would like to know the price of the engine and gear box(10 pin) of 07 camry....pls I need reply ....thanks

The ever reliable Camry.

Time to start looking into the Fusion, Malibu and other American models.

Why buys a car you have to budget the cost of engine and transmission into the running cost?

It is not Camry fault its just that a lot of junks are shipped because of cost and our mechs are clueless about 2007 technology.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Price Of 07 Camry Engine And Gear Box by DECOtech(m): 2:30pm On Oct 05, 2014
casmir378:
V4 engine..2AZ

2AZ engine is not a V4. It is I4
Budget like 250k in Ladipo market and ask for a "2AZ engine" if you say u want 07Camry engine, they will inflate d price for you, telling u its the same engine that is used in building helicopters.

2 Likes

Re: Price Of 07 Camry Engine And Gear Box by oblo(m): 2:48pm On Oct 05, 2014
DECOtech:

2AZ engine is not a V4. It is I4
Budget like 250k in Ladipo market and ask for a "2AZ engine" [/b]if you say u want 07Camry engine, they will inflate d price for you, telling u its the same engine that is used in building helicopters.
[b]

@ Bolded...[siz grin grin." lovin my 2001 VW I4 1.8t Jetta even more.... grin
Re: Price Of 07 Camry Engine And Gear Box by chucky234(m): 3:22pm On Oct 05, 2014
sultaan:

The ever reliable Camry.

Why buys a car you have to budget the cost of engine and transmission into the running cost?

It is not Camry fault its just that a lot of junks are shipped because of cost and our mechs are clueless about 2007 technology.
Ever reliable Camry?
Pls dont make me laugh jare.

1 Like

Re: Price Of 07 Camry Engine And Gear Box by Nobody: 9:26pm On Oct 05, 2014
casmir378:

Sorry about the necessity to buy a new engine and tranny ignore those mocking the Toyota bro. But, what really happen to your old engine and gear that bring about the necessity to get a new gear and an engine? Tell us, and we might help you out so that this same issue don't come up again.
Re: Price Of 07 Camry Engine And Gear Box by abatically(m): 10:08pm On Oct 05, 2014
sultaan:

The ever reliable Camry.

Yes ever reliable Camry. Are u surprised there are more Camry's and Hondas needing engine and transmission change? The reason is simple, there are more of those cars on the road compared to others. There are at least 500 Camry to one fusion on Nigerian roads. And probably 2,000 Camry to one Malibu, so it is very logical to find broken down Camry before u find ur so called american models. Even a Camry sells more than a ford fusion in America. Let people start buying those models u recommend and by the time they litter our roads, then u will find whole lot of them needing mechanical fix.

@op, at least u can easily get the engine and tranny of ur car at ladipo. Try buying a Malibu and when the worst happens u will need to pack the car at the mechanic workshop because u can't find the parts. I absolutely see no reason bringing a Chevy Malibu into this. People think Camrys are bland, malibus are worse. A 2007 Camry will kick a 2007 mailbu's a$s in every department. That car is ugly in and out.

4 Likes

Re: Price Of 07 Camry Engine And Gear Box by casmir378: 11:03pm On Oct 05, 2014
lomomike:

Sorry about the necessity to buy a new engine and tranny ignore those mocking the Toyota bro. But, what really happen to your old engine and gear that bring about the necessity to get a new gear and an engine? Tell us, and we might help you out so that this same issue don't come up again.
tnx broda...people just jump in to conclusion without knowin bit of anytn....my cousin broda mishandled d car...the car has bin parked for months, in d process of reconnecting d battery he mistakenly tampered with d connection of the fan which led to over heating...he's not used to car, he only know how to drive ad park...according to him,d car gave series of signs by switching off while on motion but he ignored by startig up immediately without lookig @ d dash board...unfortunately d top gasket got burnt ad it also affected d metal in d engine....but d car still drives perfectly well after fixing of d gasket despite dat d metal is bad...d only iss dere is d sound I hear wen I trotle wen parked...dats all...dnt like working d engine of my vehicles... Dis ugly icident happened since march dis year but my car is still ok...just decided to use d opportunity of my gear box to change both @ once...toyota all d way. As for d gear box: I'm a civil engineer, I drive my cars to site too...u knw d nature of sites(bad roads)...I mistakely entered a deadly pot hole late @nyt wen I ws returning hom frm site..after few days I noticed my gear selection ws not as pure as b4...I kept driving it same way...weeks later I took it to d mechanic and he realised dat my bottom plate ws hit by somtn dat day I enterd dat hole and it also affected d oil filter of d gear box...oil no longer pass tru d filter....d car hs bin moving with little oil passing tru, so it affected d gear box....both my engine and gear box are not condemned....dey can work on both...jst asked question and toyota haters started concluding.....

1 Like

Re: Price Of 07 Camry Engine And Gear Box by Nobody: 8:25am On Oct 06, 2014
casmir378:
tnx broda...people just jump in to conclusion without knowin bit of anytn....my cousin broda mishandled d car...the car has bin parked for months, in d process of reconnecting d battery he mistakenly tampered with d connection of the fan which led to over heating...he's not used to car, he only know how to drive ad park...according to him,d car gave series of signs by switching off while on motion but he ignored by startig up immediately without lookig @ d dash board...unfortunately d top gasket got burnt ad it also affected d metal in d engine....but d car still drives perfectly well after fixing of d gasket despite dat d metal is bad...d only iss dere is d sound I hear wen I trotle wen parked...dats all...dnt like working d engine of my vehicles... Dis ugly icident happened since march dis year but my car is still ok...just decided to use d opportunity of my gear box to change both @ once...toyota all d way. As for d gear box: I'm a civil engineer, I drive my cars to site too...u knw d nature of sites(bad roads)...I mistakely entered a deadly pot hole late @nyt wen I ws returning hom frm site..after few days I noticed my gear selection ws not as pure as b4...I kept driving it same way...weeks later I took it to d mechanic and he realised dat my bottom plate ws hit by somtn dat day I enterd dat hole and it also affected d oil filter of d gear box...oil no longer pass tru d filter....d car hs bin moving with little oil passing tru, so it affected d gear box....both my engine and gear box are not condemned....dey can work on both...jst asked question and toyota haters started concluding.....
Sorry about the unfortunate incident, if you stay in Lagos, visit Ladipo spare parts market, if you're in the East, visit mbokp***(sorry I don't know how to spell it), if you're in Ibadan, visit motor spare parts area in Gates, Agodi, Ibadan North, if you're in Abuja, visit Guru, Apo or zuba spare parts dealers.

As for you're being a Civil Engineer using a sedan on dirt tracks that's bad, I am a Town Planner and I do site works and supervise site projects too but I don't use my vehicles which are crossovers with All Wheel Drives.
Re: Price Of 07 Camry Engine And Gear Box by ndidibabe(f): 8:50am On May 25, 2018
casmir378:
Please what's d condition of your engine now? Did you change the metal or the engine?
Re: Price Of 07 Camry Engine And Gear Box by Bizzyliss(m): 2:10pm On May 28, 2018
If ur buying, buy the 2az built in asia not america
Re: Price Of 07 Camry Engine And Gear Box by ndidibabe(f): 4:29pm On Sep 03, 2018
Bizzyliss:
If ur buying, buy the 2az built in asia not america
Do u have an idea what this cost??
Re: Price Of 07 Camry Engine And Gear Box by Bizzyliss(m): 11:42pm On Sep 03, 2018
ndidibabe:
Do u have an idea what this cost??
i think 250k for something very good
Re: Price Of 07 Camry Engine And Gear Box by cineasta(m): 4:25am On Sep 04, 2018
Hi there,

It's not easy to find this gear box, but it is possible, maybe you will have to import from USA, I need one but for the Volvo s90 95 and it's comming from there.

Good luchy!
Re: Price Of 07 Camry Engine And Gear Box by Bizzyliss(m): 5:23am On Sep 04, 2018
cineasta:
Hi there,

It's not easy to find this gear box, but it is possible, maybe you will have to import from USA, I need one but for the Volvo s90 95 and it's comming from there.

Good luchy!
which geabox is not easy to find?

(1) (Reply)

Choice Between Corolla 04, Camry 04 And Brand New Hyundai Accent. / Mercedes Benz Kompressor And 4matic Which Is Economical / Peugeot 307 "Depollution System Faulty" - What?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.