Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

... - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ... (2628 Views)

Anatomy Student Of Uniosun's Death: Revealed True Story Behind It / "My Boyfriend Encouraged Me" –UNILORIN Best Anatomy Graduate / Medical -- Biochem-- Science Students: Why Does This Always Happen? Picture! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

... by GoldenPenny(f): 8:37pm On Oct 04, 2014
undecided
Re: ... by Sepp360(m): 8:54pm On Oct 04, 2014
GoldenPenny:
I'm a jambite who wants to choose UNIBEN.but the problem here is that I'm confused about what course to choose between Anatomy,PHYSIOLOGY,and Medical biochem Please guys, i really need ur advice on these three courses. 1.which do u think is best among the three 2.what do they do 3.their job opportunity
Depends on what you want to do after school. The 3 are good courses. But i "suggest" u go for medical biochemistry. It's the most versatile among the 3, and i bet you know what that means?
Re: ... by GoldenPenny(f): 9:03pm On Oct 04, 2014
Re: ... by Sepp360(m): 9:20pm On Oct 04, 2014
GoldenPenny:
thank you very much.....,.but can u please expantiate nd pls what do they do,g mean where they can work
welcome!.. What i mean by the course being versatile is that it covers so many areas of life, if not all. And you can probably work anywhere and anyhow. Let me not over hype it shaa. Just check my account, you'll see a post of mine abt biochemistry.
Re: ... by Nobody: 12:25am On Oct 05, 2014
In addition it is a lucrative course and you could have more job opportunities than any of the other two courses. You can also work in hopitals,research institutes,etc
Re: ... by Marverick(m): 12:54am On Oct 05, 2014
GoldenPenny:
I'm a jambite who wants to choose UNIBEN.but the problem here is that I'm confused about what course to choose between Anatomy,PHYSIOLOGY,and Medical biochem Please guys, i really need ur advice on these three courses. 1.which do u think is best among the three 2.what do they do 3.their job opportunity
wat are u doing wit anatomy,physiology and med biochem,I hv friends in dis departments and dey are very unhappy wit deir courses,why nt put medicine,pharmacy or dentistry,wen u graduate u wil understand sad
Re: ... by Marverick(m): 12:55am On Oct 05, 2014
efedua:
In addition it is a lucrative course and you could have more job opportunities than any of the other two courses. You can also work in hopitals,research institutes,etc
grin story 4 da Gods

1 Like

Re: ... by Nobody: 1:00am On Oct 05, 2014
Marverick:
grin story 4 da Gods
which what? I don't get u
Re: ... by Nobody: 1:03am On Oct 05, 2014
Marverick:
wat are u doing wit anatomy,physiology and med biochem,I hv friends in dis departments and dey are very unhappy wit deir courseswhy nt put medicine,pharmacy or dentistry,wen u graduate u wil understand sad
the question u should be asking urself,,,,,is if it is easy to get such courses especially med. in uniben
Re: ... by Marverick(m): 1:11am On Oct 05, 2014
efedua:
the question u should be asking urself,,,,,is if it is easy to get such courses especially med. in uniben
its nt easy but u gota try,I spent two terrible years in a dpt I practically hated(agric) b4 geting my desired course, if she really wants any of these courses I can't stop dat,d question is dat d course she really wants,I can understand med biochem is more lucractive but I hvnt seen anyone who put anatomy or physiology as 1st choice of sturdy except u are planing to finish d program and write D.E for medicine or pharmacy.
Re: ... by marvelling(m): 2:45am On Oct 05, 2014
GoldenPenny:

Please don't go for any of them! If you want to do a medical related course either choose medicine & surgery, pharmacy, physiotherapy, nursing or medical laboratory science. These courses train you to be a functional part of the healthcare delivery system

Anatomy, physiology & medical biochemistry are all under the basic medical sciences. The primary focus of these courses is research. The only thing they teach you how to do is research (you are trained to be a medical research scientist). its not a bad thing though, but considering the present economic realities in nigeria and the current trends in the nigerian labour market, its advisable for you to go for a professional undergraduate course (like the ones I listed above). If you don't mind having a career as a research scientist in nigeria then you can go for any of them, but don't allow yourself to come under the delusion that you'll be employed to be part of the healthcare delivery team with a bsc in any of these courses.
Re: ... by obuksjr(m): 7:47am On Oct 05, 2014
marvelling:

Please don't go for any of them! If you want to do a medical related course either choose medicine & surgery, pharmacy, physiotherapy, nursing or medical laboratory science. These courses train you to be a functional part of the healthcare delivery system

Anatomy, physiology & medical biochemistry are all under the basic medical sciences. The primary focus of these courses is research. The only thing they teach you how to do is research (you are trained to be a medical research scientist). its not a bad thing though, but considering the present economic realities in nigeria and the current trends in the nigerian labour market, its advisable for you to go for a professional undergraduate course (like the ones I listed above). If you don't mind having a career as a research scientist in nigeria then you can go for any of them, but don't allow yourself to come under the delusion that you'll be employed to be part of the healthcare delivery team with a bsc in any of these courses.
Pls op,adhere strictly to this advice.
Re: ... by GoldenPenny(f): 9:11pm On Oct 05, 2014
Marverick:
its nt easy but u gota try,I spent two terrible years in a dpt I practically hated(agric) b4 geting my desired course, if she really wants any of these courses I can't stop dat,d question is dat d course she really wants,I can understand med biochem is more lucractive but I hvnt seen anyone who put anatomy or physiology as 1st choice of sturdy except u are planing to finish d program and write D.E for medicine or pharmacy.
The truth is dat i've written JAMB twice,i choose medicine twice, d first time i was given Agric,d second time i was given PBB, i rejected both though. Tis d 3rd time i'm having doubt abt putting medicine, or medlab

(1) (Reply)

Unilag matriculation ceremony held today for fresher's. / Breaking News: *ASUU-OOU Suspends Strike* / What Happens When We Sleep?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.