Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,146,303 members, 7,792,612 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 April 2024 at 07:29 AM

PICTURES:Colleagues confirm NAF's Pilot's Identity. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PICTURES:Colleagues confirm NAF's Pilot's Identity. (5332 Views)

‘High Value Terrorists’ Killed as NAF Itensifies Bombardment of Sambisa Forest / NAF Alpha Jets Conducted Four Airstrikes Against Boko Haram in 24hrs / UPDATE: NAF Bombing Boko Haram's Main Base In NE Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PICTURES:Colleagues confirm NAF's Pilot's Identity. by celeron40(m): 9:24pm On Oct 04, 2014
The Defence Headquarters has disputed the authenticity of the latest Boko Haram video showing a captured Nigerian Airforce jet pilot, captured and beheaded by the insurgents, but the Nigerian Army Support Group on Facebook has already announced the death of the pilot, describing him as “a true Nigerian hero.”
The groups says, “It is with deep regret that we announce the death of a true Nigerian hero, Wing Commander Chimda Hedima (1975-2014).
“This is his story. Read it, share it. This man was a hero of the highest order.
“On 11/09/14, a company of NA soldiers attempted to overrun a BH position in Borno. Due to the low altitude, the plane suffered significant damage from the terrorists’ gunfire. Wing Commander Hedima and his partner realised that they were going to crash.
“They, instead of hurriedly parachuting to safety within Nigerian controlled territory, chose to embark on a mission to destroy as many terrorists and their weapons as possible. They parachuted out at the last minute but not before ensuring their plane slammed into a column of terrorists; 63 Boko Haram members were killed as a result of their bravery.
“Wing Commander Hedima was captured. On 12/09/14, he was killed.
“He chose Nigeria, he chose all of us. We cannot forget him. Please share his story. His name should be known by everyone.
“Rest in peace Commander, we are grateful. May you find eternal peace. Thank you for your service.”
Since the group posted the announcement on its group page, tributes have not ceased pouring in.
Olatunde Eyitayo Titus, writes, “Great soldier indeed….R I P…..Why has it taken the military long time to inform Nigerians about this?….We saw this in the news that BH beheaded a pilot b4 the military is telling us this, this morning….Horrible…..Young man,you were really brave …”
Gabriel Henry, writes, “RIP, the brave one…. but I think the Defence Headquarters should be telling us the whole truth so that if there is where the citizens can help, enough of this self denials, what’s actually going on? What happened to your intelligence gathering mechanism to nip the horror in the bud? Where is the giant in you? How come a small fragment & untrained (band) like Boko Haram is bringing you to your knees?… go! go hard Nigerian military! We are solidly behind you!!!!!!!!!”
Zubby Okonkwo writes, “Your sacrifice for this Nation will not be forgotten in a hurry. Even if the present crop of leadership fails to recognise you, the Nigerian masses do. Our hearts go to your loved ones you left behind and may God comfort them. You participated in the struggle to eradicate our land from these brigands of evil. The only language they understand is force and you were one of our force men who daily toil to give us peace. To our brother, our hero, our friend, a true Nigerian, a black man, I will not say good bye to you as your memories will live long but I would rather say safe journey till we all meet to part no more.”
Ali Sunoma Alhaji, writes, “A gallant hero worthy of emulation by all Nigerians not only the military. That way Boko Haram will be afraid of every Nigerian whether armed or not.”
http://www.punchng.com/news/colleagues-confirm-missing-pilots-death-friends-pay-tributes/
Below are photos of Wing Commander Chimda Hedima..RIP.

1 Share

Re: PICTURES:Colleagues confirm NAF's Pilot's Identity. by dayosaurus(m): 9:27pm On Oct 04, 2014
Sad. angry
Re: PICTURES:Colleagues confirm NAF's Pilot's Identity. by persius555(m): 9:40pm On Oct 04, 2014
This brave soldier did his own part to salvage this country from the hands of those animals. He died for a cause he believed in. We all have our part to play as a politician, civil servant, market woman, farmer, military,judge in saving this country. RIP to this brave young man who sacrificed his life for the unity of this country.Let us all make sure this death is not in vain by uniting to fight this terror scourge.Adieu, brave soldier.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PICTURES:Colleagues confirm NAF's Pilot's Identity. by Nobody: 9:46pm On Oct 04, 2014
Chris OlukoLIEde,come and tell us that the facebook account of the Nigeria Army Support Group is fake make thunder fire you! angry

Btw,why are the busted news about the slained pilot not making front page? Why?

12 Likes

Re: PICTURES:Colleagues confirm NAF's Pilot's Identity. by olu77(m): 9:48pm On Oct 04, 2014
Brave, courageous and great hero thank you. May your patriotic soul rest in perfect peace. I salute cry

1 Like

Re: PICTURES:Colleagues confirm NAF's Pilot's Identity. by mekatroniks(m): 9:50pm On Oct 04, 2014
i think the nigerian air force should acquire fighter jets that could fly at very high altitude and still hit their target precisely to aviod being shot down by light missiles. RIP courageous commander chimda.
Re: PICTURES:Colleagues confirm NAF's Pilot's Identity. by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 04, 2014
berem:
Chris OlukoLIEde,come and tell us that the facebook account of the Nigeria Army Support Group is fake make thunder fire you! angry

Take it easy Ma'am.

The General's job is not an easy one. BH has become a big business for the Ogas at the top, so the man will have to defend them even when we all know it's lies.

May God help us end this damn war. It's gotten out of hands. Those who created the monsters must be regretting now as awon Big Boys have turned it to money making venture.

RIP to the Gallant Officers who lost their lives.

God Dey.
Re: PICTURES:Colleagues confirm NAF's Pilot's Identity. by Ngwakwe: 9:58pm On Oct 04, 2014
berem:

From what I understand, the Defence Spokesman is not denying the Soldier nor his pictures rather was arguing the authenticity of the graphics which he suspects computer editing and superimposition of photographs.

The video posted on the internet is not a raw file from a Camera per say but modified and edited.

The terrorists have mastered war time propaganda than you can anticipate.
Re: PICTURES:Colleagues confirm NAF's Pilot's Identity. by celeron40(m): 10:00pm On Oct 04, 2014
mekatroniks:

i think the nigerian air force should acquire fighter jets that could fly at very high altitude and still hit their target precisely to aviod being shot down by light missiles. RIP courageous commander chimda.
My broda, this country reeks of corruption and mediocrity...the Alpha jet is not a real ground attack jet...it is originally for pilot training for transition into fighter jets..our shameless NAF rigged the thing with rockets and sent them to the N.E..yet the NAF keeps purchasing jets for the Presidential fleet..Is that not sick?

4 Likes

Re: PICTURES:Colleagues confirm NAF's Pilot's Identity. by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 04, 2014
Ngwakwe:

From what I understand, the Defence Spokesman is not denying the Soldier nor his pictures rather was arguing the authenticity of the graphics which he suspects computer editing and superimposition of photographs.

The video posted on the internet is not a raw file from a Camera per say but modified and edited.
the defense spokesman said the pilot soldier that was killed is not in the NA. What part of that denial didn't you understand?

12 Likes

Re: PICTURES:Colleagues confirm NAF's Pilot's Identity. by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 04, 2014
so painful. Saw some people on facebook who personally knew him. Many even said dat he was d gentle and easygoing type of personality. ...heard dat he was one of d best instructor in d military aviation school

2 Likes

Re: PICTURES:Colleagues confirm NAF's Pilot's Identity. by Soulcaine(m): 10:03pm On Oct 04, 2014
@Ngwakwe Olukolade LIED don't sugar coat it.

9 Likes

Re: PICTURES:Colleagues confirm NAF's Pilot's Identity. by omanifrank(m): 10:04pm On Oct 04, 2014
oh
Re: PICTURES:Colleagues confirm NAF's Pilot's Identity. by EdCure: 10:08pm On Oct 04, 2014
When the government blatantly tell lies and insist you believe, you know how bleeped the country has got.

4 Likes

Re: PICTURES:Colleagues confirm NAF's Pilot's Identity. by Nobody: 10:19pm On Oct 04, 2014
Unfortunately . nded his death and bravery will be rewarded with unfortunate government policies favoring terrorists and their sponsors. His family a will be remembered 60 years later with a CON national honor if they live that long. He will be forgotten by guest next week. Sad so sad

1 Like

Re: PICTURES:Colleagues confirm NAF's Pilot's Identity. by WilyWily5: 10:25pm On Oct 04, 2014
His name is Chimda Hedima, which state is he from, help.
Re: PICTURES:Colleagues confirm NAF's Pilot's Identity. by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 04, 2014
Hello darlinton I kno that guy he is our child
hold friend is name is chimda...Lara Yusuf

Abubakar Sadiq Sule Danbatta
My instructor, a gentleman to the core, among
the best in the Nigerian Air Force, While some
people are here sitting in the comfort of their
homes, made possible by the sacrifices made by
people like Oga Hedima claiming that he is not
real, it is a set up..bla bla bla..well am
speechless.. Pure civilian mentality we always
complain of. Rest in perfect peace Sir, the
Soldiers soldier.. You have done your part and
we will pick up from there. We will continue to
risk our lives to save those who truly don't even
appreciate our sacrifice. Like someone said, ours
is to do our job and not to look for accolades.
...Culled from FB comments on Sahara repoetrters fb page
Re: PICTURES:Colleagues confirm NAF's Pilot's Identity. by oduastates: 10:26pm On Oct 04, 2014
Transformation agenda has successfully transformed the life of the pilot's family.
After budgeting ridiculous and unprecedented sums for the military,
Pilots are still flying in mosquito jets of the world war 2 era .
Soldiers are fighting with ancient weapons.
I pray the agenda tansforms the lives of the government's propagandist on nairaland the same way

3 Likes

Re: PICTURES:Colleagues confirm NAF's Pilot's Identity. by disloman(m): 10:30pm On Oct 04, 2014
Chimda!We will never 4get u.NA?Covering tracks since 1850BC
Re: PICTURES:Colleagues confirm NAF's Pilot's Identity. by Ngwakwe: 10:31pm On Oct 04, 2014
berem:
the defense spokesman said the pilot soldier that was killed is not in the NA. What part of that denial didn't you understand?

The information I got from his press briefing is totally different from yours

They killed another man then used the extracts from the video recording for their propaganda video.

The Jet in the video is not identical with the missing one hence the doubt

My interpretation though

The Nigerian military has however denied that the man killed was its officer. It also denied that the jet shot down was its own, saying that it is still searching for it.

An air force Alpha jet was declared missing on 14 September, while on a mission in Adamawa state, one of the three states under Boko Haram siege.
Re: PICTURES:Colleagues confirm NAF's Pilot's Identity. by omerta(f): 10:33pm On Oct 04, 2014
Poor dude. May his killers know no peace!

1 Like

Re: PICTURES:Colleagues confirm NAF's Pilot's Identity. by DONGOYARO1: 10:38pm On Oct 04, 2014
Michika in Adamawa state is in ruins. Boko fighters are maiming people with reckless abandon and pillaging what is left of the town
Re: PICTURES:Colleagues confirm NAF's Pilot's Identity. by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 04, 2014
Ngwakwe:

The information I got from his press briefing is totally different from yours

They killed another man then used the extracts from the video recording for their propaganda video.

The Jet in the video is not identical with the missing one hence the doubt

My interpretation though

stories for the gods to hear. So you wanna tell me that the Chimda dude wasn't the one killed by BH? So what you're saying then is that Chimda is still alive bah?

Ngwakwe, please stop reasoning like the Army spokesman who can lie for africa.

7 Likes

Re: PICTURES:Colleagues confirm NAF's Pilot's Identity. by WilyWily5: 10:50pm On Oct 04, 2014
omerta:
Poor dude. May his killers know no peace!
But he was on a mission to kill, but he got killed.
Re: PICTURES:Colleagues confirm NAF's Pilot's Identity. by DONGOYARO1: 10:57pm On Oct 04, 2014
Heavy fighting between Boko fighters and the NA is currently ongoing at Buni Yadi, Yobe state. Damaturu is under threat of a an imminent attack.
Re: PICTURES:Colleagues confirm NAF's Pilot's Identity. by Nobody: 10:57pm On Oct 04, 2014
WilyWily5:
His name is Chimda Hedima, which state is he from, help.

Why does that matter to you? So you can decide whether to sympathize with him or not? Nairaland's resident chief bigot.

6 Likes

Re: PICTURES:Colleagues confirm NAF's Pilot's Identity. by free2ryhme: 11:00pm On Oct 04, 2014
boko strikes again
Re: PICTURES:Colleagues confirm NAF's Pilot's Identity. by Firefire(m): 11:05pm On Oct 04, 2014
God please heal Nigeria quickly... Rest in Peace, soldier.

Let the enemy of the state continue to politicize everything and pointing fingers. Don't forget your own end too. We all have one. angry

1 Like

Re: PICTURES:Colleagues confirm NAF's Pilot's Identity. by Ngwakwe: 11:06pm On Oct 04, 2014
berem:
stories for the gods to hear. So you wanna tell me that the Chimda dude wasn't the one killed by BH? So what you're saying then is that Chimda is still alive bah?

Ngwakwe, please stop reasoning like the Army spokesman who can lie for africa.

I am being analytical and would rather reason with people of like minds. I respond to your quote with open mind and will avoid those non entities spamming my mention. That is by the way.

Chimda is missing and not yet declared dead.

It is a general knowledge that the Alpha Jet crashed which information the terrorists may capitalise on to boost their fallen and degraded confidence.

We have survivors from this unfortunate disaster as we speak.

It is not unimaginable for the Terrorists to produce a calculated propaganda video using sophisticated graphics softwares

Remember, I haven't inferred anything yet rather still dissecting the information from Defence Headquarters and the Bokoharam video

1 Like

Re: PICTURES:Colleagues confirm NAF's Pilot's Identity. by oluwalfa: 11:10pm On Oct 04, 2014
Aigbofa:

Why does that matter to you? So you can decide whether to sympathize with him or not? Nairaland's resident chief bigot.

It matters a lot.
Re: PICTURES:Colleagues confirm NAF's Pilot's Identity. by MisterLongman(m): 11:13pm On Oct 04, 2014
oluwalfa:

It matters a lot.
How...... He is a Nigerian first

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can This Convention Cure Ailing PDP? -the Nation / Breaking: Gov El-rufai Want To Return To PDP To Run For President In 2023 Man Al / SERAP Writes Buhari, Seeks Probe Of "Missing ₦106Bn In 149 MDAs In 2018"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.