Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

8 Successful Nigerians Who Didn’t Go To A University - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 8 Successful Nigerians Who Didn’t Go To A University (1712 Views)

Top 7 Young Nigerians Who Are Likely To Become President / List Of Lawmakers In The 7th Assembly Who Didn’t Sponsor A Single Bill / I Wish My Dad Didn’t Go Into Politics: Agagu's Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Successful Nigerians Who Didn’t Go To A University by Nsonaso(m): 10:54pm On Oct 04, 2014
To destroy the myth that one can’t be successful without higher education we pick up list of some of the most successful Nigerians that did not attend university or even complete schooling experiences.

1. Mercy Johnson
One of the highest paid actresses in Nollywood Mercy Johnson Okojie discloses that she got into the Nigerian movie industry because she failed her Jamb exam. Now she is possibly one of the most popular actresses in Nigeria.

2. Cosmos Maduka
African billionaire Cosmos Maduka dropped out of elementary school and became an apprentice at an age of seven, because of his father’s death. Currently he is sole distributor for BMW and Ford cars in Nigeria and West Africa.

3. Vincent Obianobo
The name of this man, perhaps, is not very familiar. But his transportation company “The Young Shall Grow Motors” is well-known. Vincent Obianobo had not much education but today, he is one of Nigeria’s most successful businessmen.

4. Folorunsho Alakija
Folorunsho Alakija is ranked by Forbes as the richest woman in Nigeria with an estimated net worth of $2.5 billion. The beautiful woman recently revealed that she never attended a university. She made this revelation at the United Nations International Youth Day held at the University of Lagos.

5. Olorogun Michael Ibru
Michael Ibru has only a school certificate to his name. The founder of Ibru Organization, one of the largest conglomerates in Nigeria, finished Igbobi college in 1951. Ibru is also the head of the richest family in Nigeria.

6. Razaq Akanni Okoya
The founder of Eleganza Group, which has a marketing span across West Africa, Razaq Akanni Okoya had his only formal education at Ansar-un-deen primary School, One popo, Lagos. This did not prevent him from becoming a Nigerian billionaire industrialist.

7. Orji Uzor Kalu
Orji Uzor Kalu is the chairman of SLOK Holding and the Daily Sun and New Telegraph newspapers in Nigeria. He was excluded from the University of Maiduguri because of participating in a students’ protest.And Orji Uzor Kale decided not to continue his further education and started his career.

8. Michael Collins Ajere (Don Jazzy)
Michael Collins Ajere better known as Don Jazzy is one of the famous Nigerians, who didn’t need education to achieve success. The prolific music producer and C.E.O of Mavin Records dropped out of Ambrose Ali University, Ekpoma in his first year.
Re: 8 Successful Nigerians Who Didn’t Go To A University by Nobody: 10:59pm On Oct 04, 2014
Whatever. Education still remains the best policy.
Re: 8 Successful Nigerians Who Didn’t Go To A University by Nobody: 10:59pm On Oct 04, 2014
Really?
Re: 8 Successful Nigerians Who Didn’t Go To A University by omophunky(m): 11:25pm On Oct 04, 2014
First thing on Monday morning am dropping out of school, that's if am still schooling.
Re: 8 Successful Nigerians Who Didn’t Go To A University by Nobody: 12:13am On Oct 05, 2014
But Uzor Kalu Graduated as a Medical Doctor from University of Maiduguri, Please confirm this if i may be right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Successful Nigerians Who Didn’t Go To A University by Nsonaso(m): 6:51am On Oct 05, 2014
barnabasj:
But Uzor Kalu Graduated as a Medical Doctor from University of Maiduguri, Please confirm this if i may be right.
No he didn't... Is after when he won the Governorship election of his state that he enrolled into his state University ABSU and he didn't finish (I think he only attended 1 or 2 semesters) and he was awarded degree... Which I think his opponent letter used it against him after he left the office and the certificate was revoked
... Even my sister was in ABSU then,

2 Likes

Re: 8 Successful Nigerians Who Didn’t Go To A University by lastmanstandn(m): 12:32pm On Oct 05, 2014
Nsonaso:

No he didn't... Is after when he won the Governorship election of his state that he enrolled into his state University ABSU and he didn't finish (I think he only attended 1 or 2 semesters) and he was awarded degree... Which I think his opponent letter used it against him after he left the office and the certificate was revoked

Oh really? So he letter didn't finish from ABSU after when he was a governor
Re: 8 Successful Nigerians Who Didn’t Go To A University by gtrust: 12:44pm On Oct 05, 2014
lastmanstandn:

Oh really? So he letter didn't finish from ABSU after when he was a governor

This English Language you are sharing this Sunday dearis...
Re: 8 Successful Nigerians Who Didn’t Go To A University by gtrust: 12:47pm On Oct 05, 2014
Nsonaso:

Dearis is school oh!!!
Money is not everything!
Patience Jonathan sef speaks and writes better English Language: dearis school oh

(1) (Reply)

Slump In Oil Prices: A Progressive Way Out (1)- Bola Tinubu / General Buhari Calls For Total Sharia In Nigeria / Chatham House Denies Claims That Buhari Is Scheduled To Speak On Thursday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.