Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,451 members, 7,808,606 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:13 PM

Cool Video Games We Played In The 90's!!! Add Yours - Gaming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Cool Video Games We Played In The 90's!!! Add Yours (8056 Views)

6 Games We Played While We Were Kids / Are You A 90's Baby? / Why Do Females Hate Video Games? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cool Video Games We Played In The 90's!!! Add Yours by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 07, 2014
GreenandGold:

I had a cousin who was so obsessed with this game, he would bunk school to play it.

awesome game mehn....
Re: Cool Video Games We Played In The 90's!!! Add Yours by Nobody: 9:32pm On Oct 07, 2014
mrdino:
Killer Instinct - Nintendo 64
Street Fighter - EX plus Alpha
Teken - Sony Play Station
Mortal Kombat - Play Station
Donkey Kong - SNES/Nintendo 64
Sonic - SEGA
Street of Rage - SEGA

i will add more wen i remmembr

my bro add more games.... make we enjoy our memeries together.. if u fit get pics too..

1 Like

Re: Cool Video Games We Played In The 90's!!! Add Yours by Hermanie(m): 8:44pm On Oct 08, 2014
Ezechinwa:
Hey guys, lets drive down to memory lane, forget the kinect xbox360 , Ps3 etc.. of today's indomie generation and respect our good old cool games we used to play in the past.... pls feel free to add yours... for fun grin grin grin

* Mortal kombat 4 on PS1 and Pc...
was a very cool combat game , and my favorite character then was Scorpion and Sub-zero!!!!

Do you guys remember that Michael Jackson - moon walk game on sega

Re: Cool Video Games We Played In The 90's!!! Add Yours by tuagbo: 12:22am On Oct 09, 2014
Ezechinwa:
* SUPER MARIO....

this was another cool adventure game in the 90's, mostly played on Nintendo then, too bad i never had the privilege to finish it cry cry cry.. but it was cool
"Super Mario Bros" is my favourite videogame ever!!!I completed it more than 26 times.I even started using its levels/worlds short-cuts
Re: Cool Video Games We Played In The 90's!!! Add Yours by tuagbo: 12:26am On Oct 09, 2014
@OP The one and only "Donkey Kong"

Re: Cool Video Games We Played In The 90's!!! Add Yours by tuagbo: 12:29am On Oct 09, 2014
Ezechinwa:
Remember one funny game then... think no further... get ur guns ready cuz we are on for duck hurting....

*Duck Hunter....

game in the 90's where you place your gun in front of the tv set and blast a random duck that will try to escape... i was barely 4-6 yrs of age then.... it was one of my favorite and among the reason i never wanted to go to school.. lol..
It was in a list of videogames in a catridge on the system called "Family comp."Never really liked it.Maybe because I was older than six years back then
Re: Cool Video Games We Played In The 90's!!! Add Yours by tuagbo: 12:31am On Oct 09, 2014
Ezechinwa:
*Brick game...

wow,.. this game was a hit back then, every child had it, it was fun, i love playing it n i made few boxs from my friends too lol.....

"Tetris" yes?I first started playing it on its own hand-held console(It was grey in colour and had yellow buttons)We called it "Brick game" back in the day.A hollywood movie based on the game will soon start being shot

1 Like

Re: Cool Video Games We Played In The 90's!!! Add Yours by tuagbo: 12:35am On Oct 09, 2014
Ezechinwa:

Chai.. that game na killer.. brazil was my best team.. he shoots.. lol
If you shot the ball,you could control its direction with the direction buttons.Other commentaries:
"Good Header!!!"
"Long Ball!!!"
"Goal!! Goal!!" Then the players would run to the corner flag and just stand.Loved it!!!
Re: Cool Video Games We Played In The 90's!!! Add Yours by Nobody: 1:30am On Oct 09, 2014
tuagbo:
@OP The one and only "Donkey Kong"

may u live long my brother.... i played this game eh.. chai.. thanks for refreshing our memories...
Re: Cool Video Games We Played In The 90's!!! Add Yours by Nobody: 1:31am On Oct 09, 2014
Hermanie:

Do you guys remember that Michael Jackson - moon walk game on sega
lol... i didnt play dis one oh.. was it cool??
Re: Cool Video Games We Played In The 90's!!! Add Yours by Nobody: 1:32am On Oct 09, 2014
tuagbo:
If you shot the ball,you could control its direction with the direction buttons.Other commentaries:
"Good Header!!!"
"Long Ball!!!"
"Goal!! Goal!!" Then the players would run to the corner flag and just stand.Loved it!!!

una u dey game... very spot on bro..
Re: Cool Video Games We Played In The 90's!!! Add Yours by Nobody: 1:33am On Oct 09, 2014
tuagbo:
"Super Mario Bros" is my favourite videogame ever!!!I completed it more than 26 times.I even started using its levels/worlds short-cuts

i never saw how mario ended?? did he finally release the queen?? lol
Re: Cool Video Games We Played In The 90's!!! Add Yours by Nobody: 1:36am On Oct 09, 2014
i wonder why dis post never made fp... its very interesting to read you guys old time experiences .. i really appreciate it...
pls add more guys... bless
Re: Cool Video Games We Played In The 90's!!! Add Yours by iccydope(m): 1:44am On Oct 09, 2014
Ezechinwa:
Here's more...
*CTR.... aka Crash team race...

i still would love to play dis game... one of the best games in ps1... i swear it can still complete witj some xbox360 games... really rocked...
Crash.. I enjoyed this game on playstation 1 and 2,so addictive!
Re: Cool Video Games We Played In The 90's!!! Add Yours by iccydope(m): 1:46am On Oct 09, 2014
Ezechinwa:
Remember one funny game then... think no further... get ur guns ready cuz we are on for duck hurting....

*Duck Hunter....

game in the 90's where you place your gun in front of the tv set and blast a random duck that will try to escape... i was barely 4-6 yrs of age then.... it was one of my favorite and among the reason i never wanted to go to school.. lol..
I was the best hunter in my house!! Lol,always killing @ least 9 birds

1 Like

Re: Cool Video Games We Played In The 90's!!! Add Yours by iccydope(m): 1:50am On Oct 09, 2014
welovethee:
I will always miss "sunset riders " on Sega Mega drive. cry
Bruh,Yhu got me on this 1.. Shiii!!!! I remember this was the only reason I attended lessons back then,mumcy promised to cease the game If I miss lesson.. So I'll hurry up for lesson rush back home and next thing is sunset riders.. I'd do anything to play this game again
Re: Cool Video Games We Played In The 90's!!! Add Yours by Nobody: 2:12am On Oct 09, 2014
iccydope:

Crash.. I enjoyed this game on playstation 1 and 2,so addictive!

you no love am reach me oh.. i sabi all d cheat codes self...
Re: Cool Video Games We Played In The 90's!!! Add Yours by Nobody: 2:14am On Oct 09, 2014
iccydope:

Bruh,Yhu got me on this 1.. Shiii!!!! I remember this was the only reason I attended lessons back then,mumcy promised to cease the game If I miss lesson.. So I'll hurry up for lesson rush back home and next thing is sunset riders.. I'd do anything to play this game again

hahahaha... pls don't crack my ribs... lol
Re: Cool Video Games We Played In The 90's!!! Add Yours by Nobody: 2:16am On Oct 09, 2014
iccydope:

I was the best hunter in my house!! Lol,always killing @ least 9 birds

life was simple... na me like your post...
Re: Cool Video Games We Played In The 90's!!! Add Yours by Nobody: 2:18am On Oct 09, 2014
come, women na only gossip una gossip when una small i never see any woman for here since
Re: Cool Video Games We Played In The 90's!!! Add Yours by Nobody: 2:18am On Oct 09, 2014
badboy92:
come, women na only gossip una gossip when una small i never see any woman for here since
Re: Cool Video Games We Played In The 90's!!! Add Yours by dokilolo: 5:35am On Oct 09, 2014
contra nd contra 2 were rily great games.
mk3 ultimate. ..best fighting game of all time, I remember I memorized nd culd perform d brutality if all d playas.
street fighter ex plus alpha was lovely cos of d super moves.....I still remember d mor complex 1s like bak for 2 seconds, forward back forward back box.or down bak for 2 seconds, 360 towards ur opponent twice...rily madt game.
Re: Cool Video Games We Played In The 90's!!! Add Yours by tuagbo: 11:10am On Oct 09, 2014
Ezechinwa:

i never saw how mario ended?? did he finally release the queen?? lol
You get into the castle and encounter the main villain "Bowser."You can either choose to throw the fireballs at him or just hit him,become tiny and press on the lever(which retracts the bridge)on the right hand side of the photo."Bowser" then falls into the lava and you simply stroll to the princess.Then the message comes up and you can either choose to move on to the new quest or just end the game.A new quest consists of more turtles,more black helmets,more winged turtles etc.The games' conclusion isn't as enjoyable as playing the game itself but it is a good game.An absolute classic.

Re: Cool Video Games We Played In The 90's!!! Add Yours by tuagbo: 8:32pm On Oct 09, 2014
One of my favourite games on "Super nintendo"

1 Like

Re: Cool Video Games We Played In The 90's!!! Add Yours by cao(f): 10:19pm On Oct 09, 2014
tuagbo:
One of my favourite games on "Super nintendo"

Was just about say this.
Re: Cool Video Games We Played In The 90's!!! Add Yours by iyke3g(m): 10:37pm On Oct 09, 2014
Ezechinwa:
Here's more...
*CTR.... aka Crash team race...

i still would love to play dis game... one of the best games in ps1... i swear it can still complete witj some xbox360 games... really rocked...
You can stll play it.
Re: Cool Video Games We Played In The 90's!!! Add Yours by iyke3g(m): 10:39pm On Oct 09, 2014
Ezechinwa:
* Jackie Chan Stuntmaster...

many might not hv played dis game, on ps1... but it was an adventure game where jackie chan was the main character... i didnt get to finish it, i would love to know how dis game ended...lol

4/5 star...
Yea played this. Don't thnk I finished it either
Re: Cool Video Games We Played In The 90's!!! Add Yours by iyke3g(m): 10:42pm On Oct 09, 2014
Ezechinwa:

Una... i will anything to play that game again.. just for old times seek..
But you can
Re: Cool Video Games We Played In The 90's!!! Add Yours by iyke3g(m): 10:46pm On Oct 09, 2014
Ezechinwa:

lol... i didnt play dis one oh.. was it cool??
Moonwalker was nice especially the dancing
Re: Cool Video Games We Played In The 90's!!! Add Yours by iyke3g(m): 10:50pm On Oct 09, 2014
Ezechinwa:

may u live long my brother.... i played this game eh.. chai.. thanks for refreshing our memories...
This is absolutely not snes donkey kong country
Re: Cool Video Games We Played In The 90's!!! Add Yours by iyke3g(m): 10:54pm On Oct 09, 2014
Guys you can still play all these games again BUT you might end up ruining the memories you have because they may not be as fun to you now as you remember.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Need Someone To Help Me With Ps3 Games Disc / How To Extract PS2 ISO Game From Zip File 2021 Update / Sega Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 Mercy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.