Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? (32803 Views)

Who Taught You How To Drive? / Is It Ok To Drive This Car As A Lady(photo)? / Rescue Dogs Taught How To Drive A Car In New Zealand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Nobody: 5:59am On Oct 05, 2014
So I had a brainstorm today to save money, instead of paying the driving school to yeah the Wife to drive I would teach her myself.

15 minutes later we have both decided that it's probably better for our marriage to have a neutral party be the teacher grin

My life flashed before my eyes like 10 times.

So how did your Spouses learn how to drive?

65 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:35am On Oct 05, 2014
CityNG:
So I had a brainstorm today to save money, instead of paying the driving school to yeah the Wife to drive I would teach her myself.
15 minutes later we have both decided that it's probably better for our marriage to have a neutral party be the teacher grin
My life flashed before my eyes like 10 times.
So how did your Spouses learn how to drive?

5 years ago honda accord 1990 model manual transmission, darling left is clutch center is the brakes,right is the gas pedal...... You press the clutch down before you engage the first gear, you relase the clutch gently while applying a little pressure on the gas pedal and the car will move I was really boiling after the car had stalled liked 100times grin, I never allowed my life flash b4 my eyes all was field work till the day I said ur ready go on your own may the lord be with u grin I created a large Lunatic sticker sorry learner pasted it on the 4 sides of the car and waved her bye bye

She's a great driver now cause I drilled her really well b4 letting her go off on her own, but there were times I couldn't take it any more and she would wonder what all the fuss was about angry at the end I'm happy I taught her. CityNg give it another try.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:49am On Oct 05, 2014
Let me add a little, I taught her how to control the vehicle by placing a lot of buckets in a large field used for playing football taught her how to avoid obstacles at slow speeds and gradually increased from 30-40-50-60kmph(instead of just running round in circles), she really learnt hardleft and hardright the hard way grin(lost a lot of buckets) angry. When we were don with going foward she learnt how to do every thing again in reverse gear cool

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by chukel(m): 6:56am On Oct 05, 2014
Guy, my own no easy. After almost wrecking my 07 camry, we agreed on driving school finally. My annoyance was dat the car wasn't even manual. Just automatic that needed only steering control. One needs lots of endurance and patience when teaching a spouse.

19 Likes

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by colossus2: 7:36am On Oct 05, 2014
I kept shouting and stopped teaching.
Common to turn the key and start the car was an issue initially, then while accelerating you would see both hands at the base of the steering, while turning the hands would form a cross on the steering (instead of freeing one hand while the other turns it).
I gave up mehn

70 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by colossus2: 7:38am On Oct 05, 2014
chukel:
Guy, my own no easy. After almost wrecking my 07 camry, we agreed on driving school finally. My annoyance was dat the car wasn't even manual. Just automatic that needed only steering control. One needs lots of endurance and patience when teaching a spouse.
That's true bro. Ain't gat that (not a spouse tho') cry

2 Likes

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:16am On Oct 05, 2014
colossus2:
I kept shouting and stopped teaching.
Common to turn the key and start the car was an issue initially, then while accelerating you would see both hands at the base of the steering, while turning the hands would form a cross on the steering (instead of freeing one hand while the other turns it).
I gave up mehn

grin
grin

5 Likes

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by oblo(m): 2:41pm On Oct 05, 2014
No comment!!!! angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by egopersonified(f): 3:41pm On Oct 05, 2014
Hmmmm, I am watching you all in 3D.

17 Likes

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by yungboss(m): 6:17pm On Oct 05, 2014
Yes, I have but she isn't confident to drive alone. She only does drive the auto, the other car is a manual transmission, that's a matter for another year.

1 Like

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by baaliyah(m): 6:36pm On Oct 05, 2014
It took my wife few minutes to deface my Golf. Her hands suddenly became stiff, using one foot on all the three pedals as if the other foot is for fancy. I later thought this good woman was not destined to drive a car.
The best place to learn driving is driving school.
Why waste your time, energy, fuel and your car could be dented because of 10k.
Let professionals teach them and have rest of mind.
At a point, I got angry and asked how she made that grade at the Uni.

104 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by yungboss(m): 7:02pm On Oct 05, 2014
baaliyah:
It took my wife few minutes to deface my Golf, The best place to learn driving is driving school.
Why waste your time, energy, fuel and your car could be dented because of 10k. Let professionals teach them and have rest of mind.
At a point, I got angry and asked how she made that grade at the Uni.
;sad that was harsh man...

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Oct 05, 2014
Last year I tried teaching my GF she hit a stationary car and a roundabout why trying to go round I simply told her to park and took over that was the last time she drove.

11 Likes

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by yungboss(m): 7:05pm On Oct 05, 2014
cne010:
Last year I tried teaching my GF she hit a stationary car and a roundabout why trying to go round I simply told her to park and took over that was the last time she drove.
hey bro, how is your car doing,hope no major issues. I'm getting something of that kind not too long from now.
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 05, 2014
yungboss:

hey bro, how is your car doing,hope no major issues. I'm getting something of that kind not too long from now.

It's being nothing but joy and intoxicating speed this raining season is not the coolest for my car I have to clear all the water passages water is making way to the passage side.

Would be doing some few mods on the car shortly.
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by yungboss(m): 7:24pm On Oct 05, 2014
cne010:

It's being nothing but joy and intoxicating speed this raining season is not the coolest for my car I have to clear all the water passages water is making way to the passage side.

Would be doing some few mods on the car shortly.
passenger side you meant? I saw a w203 c350 at a car wash, it was so beautiful. That's rare, sounded mean on load.
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Oct 05, 2014
yungboss:

passenger side you meant? I saw a w203 c350 at a car wash, it was so beautiful. That's rare, sounded mean on load.

My bad I meant passenger side, the C350 is a it rare and has a better mpg than the C320 when I get the w204 it would be the C350.
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by yungboss(m): 7:54pm On Oct 05, 2014
cne010:

My bad I meant passenger side, the C350 is a it rare and has a better mpg than the C320 when I get the w204 it would be the C350.
I meant the w203, similar to yours a c350 variant. It has similar engine to the w204's

1 Like

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Oct 05, 2014
yungboss:

I meant the w203, similar to yours a c350 variant. It has similar engine to the w204's

Yes the w203 C350 and the w204 shares the same engine. The w203 variant is super rare.
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Aiykay(m): 9:19pm On Oct 05, 2014
O boy e no easy at all dat initial period,she go leave road dey enter bush.....so annoying,but finally had to send her to a driving school so that the both of us can have peace, cos the shouting no be here ooo

11 Likes

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by DECOtech(m): 10:57pm On Oct 05, 2014
I'm guessing teaching a spouse is different from teaching a fiancée, right?

Kai! ...why am I feeling bad that I'm not yet married?

She is a fast learner though. She Learnt move, up-shift down-shift and stop all in one day. We suspended learning till her next visit. Though I kinda hve this feeling we might need to start all afresh... Lol!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by simiolu1(m): 11:26pm On Oct 05, 2014
After readin Car Talk everyday for d past 6 months, I'm gonna comment for the first time...
U GUYS ROCK!
Mod, front page PLEASE!!!
Can't wait to read more hilarious comments

1 Like

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:02am On Oct 06, 2014
simiolu1:
After readin Car Talk everyday for d past 6 months, I'm gonna comment for the first time...
U GUYS ROCK!
Mod, front page PLEASE!!!
Can't wait to read more hilarious comments

Seconded lomomike, marpol,inspiredm over to you.

1 Like

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Nobody: 2:25am On Oct 06, 2014
Yeeessss....so we're going out for diner tonight. There's peace back in the CityNG kingdom grin

Guys, just do your relationship a favor, let;s some other poor schmuck teach your significant other how to drive. Whatever money savings is not worth ruining your relationship.

6 Likes

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by lonelydora: 4:14am On Oct 06, 2014
Taught mine for few days, each day ending with SHOUTS and QUARRELS, before sending her to a driving school.

Always complaining that our Accord is oversize for her, that her father told her that VW beetle is the only car good for learning, Wtf? Should I buy one because u r learning?

She's doing well now but somehow scared of driving Aba Road(in Ph) alone.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by kakameks: 7:22am On Oct 06, 2014
I remember i Tried to teach mine for a week, but later sent her to a driving school. 25k is very cheap compared to having a heart attack and a sulky wife after each test drive.

honestly they make you wonder how they've coped with life till now.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by andre82(m): 12:27pm On Oct 06, 2014
After almost burning the ignition by forgetting to leave the key @ each turn, almost burning brake pads and tires by forgetting to let down d handbrake, denting the back side fender for having an argument of the right of way with the house gates, she eventually made it to the freeway, all in 3 weeks. Not without a shouting match for denting the fender, and some sulky tension soaked episodes. I wonder what ladies want with speed. Had to severally counsel her on the need to maintain an average speed. Now, she's good but not yet a pro...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by AmenJoan(f): 8:03pm On Oct 06, 2014
Hubby taught me to drive and I learned in about a week because I was determined to learn fast. He was very patient and madep an excellent teacher. The driving practice was even a bonding experience for us. He offered to teach me to swim some months later and I gladly obliged thinking it'll be the same experience, that will be a story for another day. But suffice it to say I wouldn't be attending that class again. grin

32 Likes

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by soonest(f): 6:31am On Oct 07, 2014
My hubby taught me how to drive. It was drama all the way. At a time I stormed out of the car and told him I wasn't interested again. Funny enough I had better confidence when he wasn't in the car. It's all in the past as I'm a seasoned driver now grin

15 Likes

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by iiichidodo: 9:35am On Oct 07, 2014
1993, Dad tried to teach our mom with us inside the vehicle....and we got into an accident....F**king hilarious..

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Does Constant Use Of AC Have Any Effect On The Engine / Pictures That Show That Rolls Royce Denotes Luxury And Royalty / Top 5 Cars Spotted In Nigeria For Car Lovers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.