Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:59 AM

Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? (32806 Views)

Who Taught You How To Drive? / Is It Ok To Drive This Car As A Lady(photo)? / Rescue Dogs Taught How To Drive A Car In New Zealand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by muskham(f): 4:20pm On Oct 07, 2014
MEILYN:
I smell lies...
why. Give your reasons.
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by muskham(f): 4:23pm On Oct 07, 2014
I don't even drive anymore like before since he is a bus driver, I am entitled to a free bus pass. Or I use buggy to take the baby out.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by udysweet(f): 4:29pm On Oct 07, 2014
Oh gosh, am laughing so hysterically here! I say God bless every one of you for your post. Really got me cracking. I know driving for me is gonna be one hair raising adventure because I fear that car pass anything. One army officer tried teaching me back in the north during NYSC.
When God eventually blesses me with a ride wch ever way either via hubby or my money will come back to narrate my story.
Lmao! .

1 Like

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by eddycolo(m): 4:30pm On Oct 07, 2014
[quote author=fairheven post=26942991]
She knows the regular road,but u know there commuters road,Okada road,tarred rd and motor-road...obviously she doesn't know the motor rd

Its in the uk. We only have just one direction to work from home. We have been using this direction for over a year and half.
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Oct 07, 2014
baaliyah:
It took my wife few minutes to deface my Golf, The best place to learn driving is driving school.
Why waste your time, energy, fuel and your car could be dented because of 10k. Let professionals teach them and have rest of mind.
At a point, I got angry and asked how she made that grade at the Uni.
This got me cracking seriously.
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by tojahh(m): 4:54pm On Oct 07, 2014
I tried teaching my elder sister how to drive after much persuasion of how her friends are all drivers. So we set out on a sunday afternoon, oya, see key, start the motor, she was fidgety, I encouraged her not to be, its just a car, it doesn't bite. Next thing na shout o, "Don't even try to school me, am not your mate" who told you am scared, I've been driving when you were away at school, I just want to perfect some things". I look this Fat girl, if no be my elder sister I for slap am. Na that place we dey she burn the key starter embarassed

7 Likes

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Octaves(m): 4:58pm On Oct 07, 2014
avuekwe:

I was the same with my ex. I would point out all the road hazards.I hate seating in front of the car and he would scream at me to shut up. That would make me cry cos I was just showing concern in my own way. At a time, I started sitting at the back or would prefer to take public transport. Ee ya! I can really empathize with ur ex. I've been in his shoes and it's very annoying. Women can disturb ehn.
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by dammytosh: 5:08pm On Oct 07, 2014
You might kill her driving confidence. Give her money to learn first and tell her to cone show you her skills after the last class.
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Oct 07, 2014
dammytosh:
You might kill her driving confidence. Give her money to learn first and tell her to cone show you her skills after the last class.

This is exactly why I decided to pay for the driving school.

She's surmounted everything in her way, twice from Ibadan to Abuja, faced the lovely US embassy adjudicators, got her California ID and learners permit, gave birth to a child so I know she can do the driving thing and I don't want to be on her way.
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Drkul(f): 5:28pm On Oct 07, 2014
elvis07:
Its not an easy task incase anyone is planning on teaching his wife, at a point my wife had to abandone d car for me @ d middle of d road nd even said she was never gonna enter d car again but we still managed to pull through nd today she is a gud driver
I think your wife commented in the first page grin

2 Likes

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by koxi: 5:46pm On Oct 07, 2014
colossus2:
I kept shouting and stopped teaching.
Common to turn the key and start the car was an issue initially, then while accelerating you would see both hands at the base of the steering, while turning the hands would form a cross on the steering (instead of freeing one hand while the other turns it).
I gave up mehn

grin grin i know d feeling....was once there.
Can be frustrating and annoying
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by gbaskiboy: 5:52pm On Oct 07, 2014
baaliyah:
It took my wife few minutes to deface my Golf, The best place to learn driving is driving school.
Why waste your time, energy, fuel and your car could be dented because of 10k. Let professionals teach them and have rest of mind.
grin
grin
grin
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Oct 07, 2014
colossus2:

Lol....sowie.
It's crazy teaching a lady anyway.
I sabi shout, there's no way you won't shout or complain.
Went to kada cinema sometime ago with a lass, she saw all these computer controlled cars kids drive in amusement parks, next thing I heard was "I can learn how to drive with this cars na".
I looked forward, backward and sideways, started laughing at her and said "how would you learn how to accelerate and brake with a toy, is it because it has a steering".
Come see boning for plaza that day till I drove back to base grin
you are mean o! Lol. Some guys get bad mouth sha, easy o.
Btw, i haven't tried those cars, I'll try them next time i go there, looks fun.
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by daveP(m): 7:09pm On Oct 07, 2014
begwong:
The first and the last day i took my spouse to teach her how to drive,i ended up gicing.her a dirty slap,collected the car and drove home.
Dont know how she got home that day because it was a hell of a distance(17km) from our residence.
She can now drive,but it was somebody else tbat taught her.
fephew! shocked
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by hurpeyeahme(f): 7:11pm On Oct 07, 2014
baaliyah:
[b][/b]whao!!!Ʊ a car made Ʊ question her grade in school? Lol
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by daveP(m): 7:18pm On Oct 07, 2014
(bows to pray) O Lord (beads of sweat appears on his forehead) Lord give me the PATIENCE AND WINSDOM to teach her at Bravo-G or Kuwait field when the time comes. cool

she may however come an expert o. Amin!

Seing uncle gbenga nagging instead of his wife...mehn!! Cos she speeds instead of braking..... Egetasebee!

1 Like

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by soldierdollar(m): 7:44pm On Oct 07, 2014
secretcode01:
Lol... Lemme say my girlfriend sha. It's frustrating b'cos she's just too scared and couldn't control the wheel... In my mind I was like what's wrong with this dumb girl sef. B'cos if to say she's my younger sister now I could shout on her but in her case I couldn't shout I was just telling her soft words of encouragement and it's f*cking killing me inside.. Lol!

Hahahaha
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Caracta(f): 7:51pm On Oct 07, 2014
My Dad decided to teach my mum after pleading with him for a long time. They went out together with the intention of having an INTENSE training session. In fact, they packed lunch and drinks. Only for my dad to come back after two hours without my mum. We asked him where she was. He paused for few minutes, then said, "She ran out of the car...that woman! She can't learn. She was screaming as she drove...making sounds like she was playing a video game."

Now my mum is a good driver. My brother did a good job afterwards.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by daveP(m): 8:40pm On Oct 07, 2014
Caracta:
My Dad decided to teach my mum after pleading with him for a long time. They went out together with the intention of having an INTENSE training session. In fact, they packed lunch and drinks. Only for my dad to come back after two hours without my mum. We asked him where she was. He paused for few minutes, then said, "She ran out of the car...that woman! She can't learn. She was screaming as she drove...making sounds like she was playing a video game."

Now my mum is a good driver. My brother did a good job afterwards.
i literally fell out of a chair @ seeing the bolded grin grin

i can conclude that the person you least expect to be the tutor/trainer is the one that would actually do justice to this driving. cheesy
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Caracta(f): 8:45pm On Oct 07, 2014
daveP:
i literally fell out of a chair @ seeing the bolded grin grin

i can conclude that the person you least expect to be the tutor/trainer is the one that would actually do justice to this driving. cheesy

Lol. I did the same at my first driving lesson. I was driving and screaming. A policeman had to stop and search the car.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Neyoyo(m): 8:51pm On Oct 07, 2014
In 3 years of marriage, I never laid a finger on my wife but after 15 minutes of some "abnormal" driving like rolling the key starter too much, preferring 2 drive in the bush rather than on the cleared field,I gave her a few sharp slaps on the back of her hands. When I felt this could endanger our marriage, I engaged my mechanic to teach her. Now she's been driving for about 1 hour to and fro work almost everyday for d past 1 year. My advice is this,you want keep ur marriage safe while your wife is a learner, let somebody else be the teacher.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by daveP(m): 9:02pm On Oct 07, 2014
Caracta:

Lol. I did the same at my first driving lesson. I was driving and screaming. A policeman had to stop and search the car.
grin grin was he angry @ the screaming, I mean your dad/trainer? (still lauging)
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by greedie1(f): 9:06pm On Oct 07, 2014
He didn't teach me per se.... After nearly a month of irregular driving lessons, I decided to take him on a ride. Oh my, see shouting: wat have u been learning since, slow down does not mean stop, use ur mirrors, how can u be so smart and yet unable to drive a simple car... Etc. I jejely stopped the car and told him i would take a bike home. Few shouts later, he abandoned me and the car there.... I drove myself home

And then he sent me to another driving school

And then there was the brother.

" it's a car, its not a beast "
"hold the steering, it won't bite you"
No curse wey he no cause me dat day. We made it through the day but i didn't speak to him for sometime

5 Likes

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Mynd44: 9:15pm On Oct 07, 2014
greedie1:
He didn't teach me per se.... After nearly a month of irregular driving lessons, I decided to take him on a ride. Oh my, see shouting: wat have u been learning since, slow down does not mean stop, use ur mirrors, how can u be so smart and yet unable to drive a simple car... Etc. I jejely stopped the car and told him i would take a bike home. Few shouts later, he abandoned me and the car there.... I drove myself home

Lmao
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Caracta(f): 9:19pm On Oct 07, 2014
daveP:
grin grin was he angry @ the screaming, I mean your dad/trainer? (still lauging)

He was verrryyyy angry. The fact that we found it hilarious made it worse.

Men sha. Patience is indeed a virtue tongue
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by UjSizzle(f): 9:24pm On Oct 07, 2014
greedie1:

And then there was the brother.

" it's a car, its not a beast "
"hold the steering, it won't bite you"
No curse wey he no cause me dat day. We made it through the day but i didn't speak to him for sometime
*faints* grin

This thread has been a delight cheesy

1 Like

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by alphalpha(m): 9:30pm On Oct 07, 2014
TONYE001:
Hehehe...

Late 2012, we got a Volkswagen Passat wagon..

We were in our final year then..and we weren't married yet..

I come dey teach my fiancée driving on campus..

Chei! E no easy o.. One time like that, she carry motor face bush..na so I shout, "match brake and clutch!!".. My baby mistook the accelerator for the brake..

Needless to say that in a split second, we found ourselves in the bush! grin

hmmmm,,, thank God
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by alphalpha(m): 9:33pm On Oct 07, 2014
Neyoyo:
In 3 years of marriage, I never laid a finger on my wife but after 15 minutes of some "abnormal" driving like rolling the key starter too much, preferring 2 drive in the bush rather than on the cleared field,I gave her a few sharp slaps on the back of her hands. When I felt this could endanger our marriage, I engaged my mechanic to teach her. Now she's been driving for about 1 hour to and fro work almost everyday for d past 1 year. My advice is this,you want keep ur marriage safe while your wife is a learner, let somebody else be the teacher.

hehehe noted
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by UuzbaGuuzba: 9:37pm On Oct 07, 2014
Why dig up bad story from the past? It was not funny for me at all. After all the stress, no Thank You till this day.
I wish I just never bothered my life with that exercise.
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by alphalpha(m): 9:40pm On Oct 07, 2014
grin grin
tojahh:
I tried teaching my elder sister how to drive after much persuasion of how her friends are all drivers. So we set out on a sunday afternoon, oya, see key, start the motor, she was fidgety, I encouraged her not to be, its just a car, it doesn't bite. Next thing na shout o, "Don't even try to school me, am not your mate" who told you am scared, I've been driving when you were away at school, I just want to perfect some things". I look this Fat girl, if no be my elder sister I for slap am. Na that place we dey she burn the key starter embarassed

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

grin
tojahh:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

1 Like

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by okotv(m): 9:41pm On Oct 07, 2014
chai....funny thread....when I get to that stage I might share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Does Constant Use Of AC Have Any Effect On The Engine / Pictures That Show That Rolls Royce Denotes Luxury And Royalty / Top 5 Cars Spotted In Nigeria For Car Lovers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.