Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:06 AM

Oyakhilome Consoles South Africans Over Synagogue Collapse - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyakhilome Consoles South Africans Over Synagogue Collapse (37560 Views)

Pastor Anita Oyakhilome Debuts New Look (Photo) / Synagogue: Fashola Orders Church Staff Out / Jim Iyke Delivered In Synagogue Church Of All Nations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyakhilome Consoles South Africans Over Synagogue Collapse by wesley80(m): 6:30am On Oct 05, 2014

... Pastor Chris also used the opportunity of the Conference to commiserate with President Zuma and the people of South Africa over the unfortunate incident that happened at the Synagogue Church of All Nations in Nigeria, where several South Africans were among the people that were killed when a guest house belonging to the Church collapsed in September 12th. He warned that instead of asking questions on why this happened, the best thing to do in this circumstance is to pray for the families that lost their dear ones and also for the Ministry that suffered this incident.

According to him, “sometimes, people ask questions, they say why, it was in a church, facility why did it happen, there are questions that we don’t have answers for at the moment, but when things happen and we are not able to explain it or understand it, we honour the great one, we honour God because life belongs to him”. Continuing, he said, “just in case you are here, and you know someone who lost her life at that incident, it makes it even more real that someone you know was affected, and if you don’t know anyone there, we should have the human feelings that some of us suffered as a result of that incident”.

He said that irrespective of the explanations that may arise as a result of the ongoing investigations, postulations and assumptions,” but whatever the reasons are that are responsible for the incident, we can only learn going forward. He however said, that the pain is there, “because of that, I am addressing you on this very issue, let the spirit of God heal that pain. Pray for family members of those that died, those that are injured, and those in that ministry that suffered that pain. It is such a painful experience. It is hard enough when one person died in your house let alone 84 people. It will take great courage to withstand such a thing. Don’t be angry, don’t criticize”.

Using Bible verses to highlight the dilemma being faced by many Christians who are eager to understand the circumstances, Pastor Chris quoted copiously from the Book of Luke 13:1-2 on the reaction of Jesus when he was told that Pilate had mingled the bold of the Galileans with sacrifice. “And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galileans were sinners above all the Galileans, because they suffered such things? I tell you, nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish. In Luke 13:6 He spake also this parable; A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none. 13:7 Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground? 13:8 And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it: 13:9 And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down. According to the cleric, God is looking for fruits in our lives. For this cause we should be here. Jesus is looking at us all as a Fig tree, he wants us all to bear fruits, and He says that that is what matters. Those who were slain were not slain because they were sinners but because the owner of the tree was looking for fruits. God is looking for fruits in our lives, fruits for which cause we should be here. It makes no sense for anybody not to bear fruits on earth. It is a waste of time. Are you bearing fruits?”

Responding, the President of South Africa, Jacob Zuma, who attended the Conference thanked Pastor Chris for such a wonderful programme and expressed how he was deeply touched by the history and story of South Africa as narrated by Pastor Chris and the lessons to be learned therein. President Zuma who said that he just returned from the United Nations General Assembly in New York and had to make a detour to attend the Conference thanked Pastor Chris for his love for South Africa and his understanding the South Africans so well and promised that the teachings he got frfrom the meeting will be put to good use. Pastor urged all in attendance to set their sail, “have a vision, see things differently, talk differently because you have a different standard, and you are different.” The event was an outstanding success as many people left the venue satisfied and fired up to take the continent of Africa to greater heights through the gospel of Jesus Christ and acts of patriotism.

nationaldailyng.com/news/latest-news/1064-africans-should-appreciate-leaders-legends-oyakhilome

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyakhilome Consoles South Africans Over Synagogue Collapse by Blakjewelry(m): 7:16am On Oct 05, 2014
yes this is the type of speech I was expecting tb instead he to cast the blame on someone else

28 Likes

Re: Oyakhilome Consoles South Africans Over Synagogue Collapse by Edwinmason(m): 7:53am On Oct 05, 2014
Speech of a real leader

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyakhilome Consoles South Africans Over Synagogue Collapse by grandstar(m): 8:01am On Oct 05, 2014
i was there in year 2000 or is it 2001 when he went to synagogue and was with tb joshua. i informed my cousin who was a pastor and he did not believe saying i probably did not know what oyakhilome looked liked. all are fake prophets

13 Likes

Re: Oyakhilome Consoles South Africans Over Synagogue Collapse by oloriooko(m): 8:36am On Oct 05, 2014
@ OP, which conference was this and when did it hold?
Was the pastor's wife there?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyakhilome Consoles South Africans Over Synagogue Collapse by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 05, 2014
A true man of God does not criticise another man of God, at least not in public. I love this.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyakhilome Consoles South Africans Over Synagogue Collapse by OmoPastor(m): 9:00am On Oct 05, 2014
This is truly trying time for synagogue ministry and the body of Christ as a whole.
I commuserate with families that lost loved ones and that ministry.
May the Holy Spirit console us all.

23 Likes

Re: Oyakhilome Consoles South Africans Over Synagogue Collapse by SlimSkipper(m): 10:12am On Oct 05, 2014
pot consolin fryin pan undecided

12 Likes

Re: Oyakhilome Consoles South Africans Over Synagogue Collapse by ayusco85(m): 10:13am On Oct 05, 2014
Ok..........................

20 Likes

Re: Oyakhilome Consoles South Africans Over Synagogue Collapse by gbaskiboy: 10:13am On Oct 05, 2014
Who'll console him for his collapsed marriage

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyakhilome Consoles South Africans Over Synagogue Collapse by Blackchampion(m): 10:13am On Oct 05, 2014
Gud.
Heeuuwww: It's gud to be on FP again snc Nairaland FP application stopped working.
Re: Oyakhilome Consoles South Africans Over Synagogue Collapse by lekjons(m): 10:13am On Oct 05, 2014
datz so gud of him,@least blamin won't work ryt nw,i pray,may such nvr to happen again!

2 Likes

Re: Oyakhilome Consoles South Africans Over Synagogue Collapse by kayce911(f): 10:14am On Oct 05, 2014
Nice speech man of God........

3 Likes

Re: Oyakhilome Consoles South Africans Over Synagogue Collapse by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 05, 2014
Na one rope tie dem jor.

3 Likes

Re: Oyakhilome Consoles South Africans Over Synagogue Collapse by slimaliyu(m): 10:14am On Oct 05, 2014
Console? In a sensible con3 That dude( t.b joshua) is supposed 2 be in kirikiri maximum prison for mass murder. Bt hey diz is naija. . . . . . .d God of man is roaming freely with impunity

4 Likes

Re: Oyakhilome Consoles South Africans Over Synagogue Collapse by hadassah27: 10:15am On Oct 05, 2014
Touching words
Re: Oyakhilome Consoles South Africans Over Synagogue Collapse by bist: 10:15am On Oct 05, 2014
I smell something rotten!

Cheap publicity stunt!

3 Likes

Re: Oyakhilome Consoles South Africans Over Synagogue Collapse by sylve11: 10:15am On Oct 05, 2014
not bad. cool
Re: Oyakhilome Consoles South Africans Over Synagogue Collapse by joedejana(m): 10:15am On Oct 05, 2014
That moment when you keep on refreshing nairaland front page,(and saying in your mind : after this last one I'll quit) And you find out there's No new topic but something else catches your mind, You click on it and it leads you somewhere else...Then the sequence repeats itself again... until you get hungry and your battery dies.

NAIRALANDERS CYCLE. undecided cheesy

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyakhilome Consoles South Africans Over Synagogue Collapse by bensowe(m): 10:16am On Oct 05, 2014
Example
Re: Oyakhilome Consoles South Africans Over Synagogue Collapse by Heyliesha(m): 10:16am On Oct 05, 2014
Ok
Re: Oyakhilome Consoles South Africans Over Synagogue Collapse by tbaby534(f): 10:16am On Oct 05, 2014
This was what I was expecting from tb joshua

1 Like

Re: Oyakhilome Consoles South Africans Over Synagogue Collapse by moscobabs(m): 10:16am On Oct 05, 2014
Let me quickly finish reading the hymn book i will come back and comment

Meanwhile Zuma should release our 9.3million dollar

7 Likes

Re: Oyakhilome Consoles South Africans Over Synagogue Collapse by LMAyedun(m): 10:16am On Oct 05, 2014
All I can say is...God understands all.
Re: Oyakhilome Consoles South Africans Over Synagogue Collapse by rattlesnake(m): 10:16am On Oct 05, 2014
Jacob Zuma likes girls I like him...he's the OBJ of SA
Re: Oyakhilome Consoles South Africans Over Synagogue Collapse by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 05, 2014
God knows embarassed
Re: Oyakhilome Consoles South Africans Over Synagogue Collapse by omoadeleye(m): 10:18am On Oct 05, 2014
w
Re: Oyakhilome Consoles South Africans Over Synagogue Collapse by Herrmes: 10:19am On Oct 05, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Oyakhilome Consoles South Africans Over Synagogue Collapse by CLEARINGAGENT: 10:19am On Oct 05, 2014
Dat thoughtful
Re: Oyakhilome Consoles South Africans Over Synagogue Collapse by coldsummer: 10:19am On Oct 05, 2014
[size=18pt]TBJ consoles Anita over divorce

Hehehehe
[/size]

15 Likes

Re: Oyakhilome Consoles South Africans Over Synagogue Collapse by cutebobo(m): 10:20am On Oct 05, 2014
All is well. I thank God for my pastor's life. Daddy E.A Adeboye. Although most of christ embassy are not biblical but i won't judge. God will lead his pple right

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyakhilome Consoles South Africans Over Synagogue Collapse by Nobody: 10:20am On Oct 05, 2014
lookin for more members

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why We Attacked Catholic Church In Suleja - Suspect Reveals / Pastor Adeboye Responds To Protesters, Speaks On His Position On National Issues / Zimbabwean Bedridden After Fasting For God To Give Him Lamborghini For His Babe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.