Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

PICTURE: Akon Performs In Giant Bubble To Avoid Ebola - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / PICTURE: Akon Performs In Giant Bubble To Avoid Ebola (703 Views)

Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja / MayD Performs 'Chop My Money' At Felabration / Wizkid Ft Akon-don't Dull Remix (download Now) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PICTURE: Akon Performs In Giant Bubble To Avoid Ebola by Babaflenjor: 6:57am On Oct 05, 2014
Akon performs in giant bubble to avoid Ebola

In an effort to guard against contracting the Ebola Virus Disease, a United States-based R&B star, Akon, last Sunday climbed inside an airtight blow-up during a performance in Goma, Democratic Republic of Congo.

The singer rolled over the crowd, pushed along by the outstretched hands of 60,000 screaming concert-goers while performing at a concert.

The performance was part of a larger free concert held by charity, ‘Peace One Day,’ to help promote and support the United Nations’ International Day Of Peace.

Akon was, however, accused of going to extreme lengths to avoid catching Ebola during a concert in Africa by crowd-surfing inside a giant plastic bubble.

His action was criticised by a section of the media outlets, describing it as a cynical attempt to shield himself from the deadly virus that is sweeping West Africa rather than just being a creative way of performing closer to his fans.

The Source, on its website, however, said, “The Ebola virus is no joke. And to avoid contracting it from anybody, when Akon left the stage to crowd surf with the people that were attending his concert, he did so in a huge plastic protective bubble.

Re: PICTURE: Akon Performs In Giant Bubble To Avoid Ebola by 2legit2qwt: 7:05am On Oct 05, 2014
He looks ridiculous in it but I don't blame him, a lot of people wouldn't even honor the invitation let alone be anywhere near the crowd.

What if he had a burble burst literally? I bet Akon would break the law of gravity and run on air grin grin
Re: PICTURE: Akon Performs In Giant Bubble To Avoid Ebola by flexing11(m): 7:09am On Oct 05, 2014
why dem go say akon go extreme them want make him contact the virus,for him to have agree to even play in congo i think he try!if na me even if na iron cage i go from perform i noh gree!
Re: PICTURE: Akon Performs In Giant Bubble To Avoid Ebola by shikshark: 7:15am On Oct 05, 2014
dont tell me No one came with office pin or razor blade
Re: PICTURE: Akon Performs In Giant Bubble To Avoid Ebola by Spicylate(f): 7:20am On Oct 05, 2014
grin grin
2legit2qwt:
He looks ridiculous in it but I don't blame him, a lot of people wouldn't even honor the invitation let alone be anywhere near the crowd.

What if he had a burble burst literally? I bet Akon would break the law of gravity and run on air grin grin
Re: PICTURE: Akon Performs In Giant Bubble To Avoid Ebola by 2legit2qwt: 7:23am On Oct 05, 2014
Spicylate:
grin grin
shikshark:
dont tell me No one came with office pin or razor blade

New Title - Akon runs on Ebola cheesy grin
Re: PICTURE: Akon Performs In Giant Bubble To Avoid Ebola by Nobody: 9:02am On Oct 05, 2014
Who wan die? Desperate times they say calls for desperate measures. Ride on Akon jarey

(1) (Reply)

Music: Pitbull – Time Of Our Lives Feat. Ne-yo / New Music Video: P-square – Shekini (download It ) / List Of Musicians Who I Think Now Have Dead Music Careers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.