Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,405 members, 7,800,826 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:29 AM

Does Falling Under Annointing In Church Guarantee Miracles - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Falling Under Annointing In Church Guarantee Miracles (987 Views)

Why are majority of those who fall under annointing female? / Falling Under The Anointing / Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Falling Under Annointing In Church Guarantee Miracles by joyblinks(f): 7:32am On Oct 05, 2014
Sometimes when we go to church, during prayers you hear the pastor saying “the holyspirit is here to bless, heal and restore, receive yours now" and immediately you see people falling under annointing.

My question now is, does it mean the blessing doesn't get to people who don't fall under annointing? Cos I keep wondering if the miracles skips me beacause i hve never been under annointing before.
Re: Does Falling Under Annointing In Church Guarantee Miracles by SirHouloo(m): 7:50am On Oct 05, 2014
Seriously interested in this topic, waiting for answers. Aside is it only possessed people that fall?
Re: Does Falling Under Annointing In Church Guarantee Miracles by joyblinks(f): 8:32am On Oct 05, 2014
SirHouloo:
Seriously interested in this topic, waiting for answers. Aside is it only possessed people that fall?

I really wonder.
Re: Does Falling Under Annointing In Church Guarantee Miracles by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 05, 2014
joyblinks:
Sometimes when we go to church, during prayers you hear the pastor saying “the holyspirit is here to bless, heal and restore, receive yours now" and immediately you see people falling under annointing.

My question now is, does it mean the blessing doesn't get to people who don't fall under annointing? Cos I keep wondering if the miracles skips me beacause i hve never been under annointing before.

People who fall over are either people who fall willfully or people who allowed themselves to be put in a suggestible state by the preacher.
If you have been in such meetings and you haven't fallen, then congratulations; it means you are not so gullible and easy to hypnotize.

God will bless you whether you fall or not. In fact, this phenomenon started after the Azuza street revival of 1906 - 1915. that was when all the nonsense started.

1 Like

Re: Does Falling Under Annointing In Church Guarantee Miracles by kay29000(m): 10:14am On Oct 05, 2014
joyblinks:

It all comes down to belief...even Jesus kept saying "your belief has healed you." Any form of healing or miracles is subject to the individual's belief. So, don't worry, you dont have to fall under annoiting to get your miracle, you just have to believe with every atom in your body that you are going to get your own miracle.

2 Likes

Re: Does Falling Under Annointing In Church Guarantee Miracles by joyblinks(f): 3:58pm On Oct 05, 2014
@lobez and kay.

Thanks for putting me through
Re: Does Falling Under Annointing In Church Guarantee Miracles by Lex11(m): 5:58pm On Oct 05, 2014
OP,

I am not aware of any incident in the Holy Bible where anyone falls "under anointing" pertaining to receiving a miracle.

In fact, it's my understanding that falling down the way most church folk do, usually backwards, is not a good thing at all - but rather symbolic of being slain in the spirit or that one is an enemy of God. "But the word of the Lord was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken." - Isaiah 28:13

"They answered him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith unto them, I am he. And Judas also, which betrayed him, stood with them. As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground." - John 18:5-7

But those who fall forward do so in submission to and worship of God - "And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying," - Genesis 17:3, "And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the Lord am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my Lord unto his servant?" - Joshua 5:14; "And when all the people saw it, they fell on their faces: and they said, The Lord, he is the God; the Lord, he is the God." - 1 Kings 18:39; "And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God," - Revelation 11:16 (also see Leviticus 9:24, Numbers 16:22, 1 Corinthians 14:24-26)

God can perform miracles in a person's life without all the theatrics that we typically observe. The petrol drinking pastor, etc come to mind. So, don't believe the hype or run with the crowd. Believe, pray... God hears, God answers prayers.

1 Like

Re: Does Falling Under Annointing In Church Guarantee Miracles by joyblinks(f): 9:57pm On Oct 05, 2014
Lex11:
OP,

I am not aware of any incident in the Holy Bible where anyone falls "under anointing" pertaining to receiving a miracle.

In fact, it's my understanding that falling down the way most church folk do, usually backwards, is not a good thing at all - but rather symbolic of being slain in the spirit or that one is an enemy of God. "But the word of the Lord was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken." - Isaiah 28:13

"They answered him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith unto them, I am he. And Judas also, which betrayed him, stood with them. As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground." - John 18:5-7

But those who fall forward do so in submission to and worship of God - "And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying," - Genesis 17:3, "And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the Lord am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my Lord unto his servant?" - Joshua 5:14; "And when all the people saw it, they fell on their faces: and they said, The Lord, he is the God; the Lord, he is the God." - 1 Kings 18:39; "And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God," - Revelation 11:16 (also see Leviticus 9:24, Numbers 16:22, 1 Corinthians 14:24-26)

God can perform miracles in a person's life without all the theatrics that we typically observe. The petrol drinking pastor, etc come to mind. So, don't believe the hype or run with the crowd. Believe, pray... God hears, God answers prayers.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

DOPPELGANGER: Is It Factual Or Tale? / How About This? / These Are The 12 Worst Ideas Religion Has Unleashed On The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.