Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,720 members, 7,802,174 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

What Can He Do??? Honest Opinions - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Can He Do??? Honest Opinions (1513 Views)

My Husband Offended Me ... Need Opinions / I Need The Opinions Of Sane And Mature Men And Women Here. Please! / Why I Love Nigerian Marriages/Relationships!!!! OPINIONS!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can He Do??? Honest Opinions by Joythah(m): 7:58am On Oct 05, 2014
A friend of mine told me this story about his church member.
The Guy is a staunch member of Mountain Of Fire while the girl is from Deeper life. They met in school and fell in love. She was with him when he was struggling to get a job and even turned down advances/proposals from richer men. Now the guy has a very good Job in Lagos and she too has one in Kogi.
Problem now is that her church has refused to allow her wed the guy unless he joins deeper life. Her father is a strong local elder and agrees with the pastor. She told the guy that she was willing to go to another church so that they can wed there but the guy dosen't want to anger his in-laws. This matter has dragged on for over a year.... Infact they have spent both money and time travelling from their bases to Edo state to plead with the pastor and elders.
Recently, the guy joined the church but has vowed to bail out once the wedding is done.
Methinks that is deception and a wrong foundation for marriage but does he have any other choice? Honest opinions please and no insults on any church... Thanks.
Re: What Can He Do??? Honest Opinions by ifyalways(f): 8:05am On Oct 05, 2014
angry
If there's anything I hate with a passion, it's grown adults allowing religious sentiments, rules and dogmas to lord over their natural, God given brain.

Mschrwwww.

Whatever floats their boat o jare.

6 Likes

Re: What Can He Do??? Honest Opinions by ULSHERLAN(m): 8:07am On Oct 05, 2014
@op what's your own.
Maybe she turned down your advances too abi which one is you hate deception undecided
Re: What Can He Do??? Honest Opinions by ahnie: 8:12am On Oct 05, 2014
its because of these religions blabla...that was why i jejely did my Church wedding inside a mosque.the imam was xo happy.
Re: What Can He Do??? Honest Opinions by anselm791(m): 8:35am On Oct 05, 2014
And there's another reason not to go to church today.
Re: What Can He Do??? Honest Opinions by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 05, 2014
adults behaving like kids.SMH.
Re: What Can He Do??? Honest Opinions by Dannylux: 9:37am On Oct 05, 2014
Religious indoctrinations that have refused to change with time. I thought this line of thought was extinct?
Re: What Can He Do??? Honest Opinions by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 05, 2014
ifyalways:
angry
If there's anything I hate with a passion, it's grown adults allowing religious sentiments, rules and dogmas to lord over their natural, God given brain.

Mschrwwww.

Whatever floats their boat o jare.

I personally believe your opinion is dishonest (No negative feelings intended).
Given the situation, you may even handle the situation poorly than they are.

I think hey just need to be realistic with one another and see the possibilities of the marriage happening or the impossibilities and then make the right choice.
The buck falls on their table at the end of the day and they must bear the consequences.

They are going though a tough challenge that only God can help them with.
Re: What Can He Do??? Honest Opinions by Joythah(m): 1:42pm On Oct 05, 2014
No lady turns me down*winks*
seriously, trying to deceive the parents won't end well. Once you start it, there is no going back and it will likely manifest in other situations
ULSHERLAN:
@op what's your own.
Maybe she turned down your advances too abi which one is you hate deception undecided
Re: What Can He Do??? Honest Opinions by Joythah(m): 1:45pm On Oct 05, 2014
Dannylux:
Religious indoctrinations that have refused to change with time. I thought this line of thought was extinct?
dunno if it's an official church policy. I think this particular pastor has grown big headed. He needs to be reported to higher authorities ASAP
Re: What Can He Do??? Honest Opinions by skyladon22(f): 3:01pm On Oct 05, 2014
Joythah:
The Guy is a staunch member of Mountain Of Fire while the girl is from Deeper life. They met in school and fell in love. She was with him when he was struggling to get a job and even turned down advances/proposals from richer men. Now the guy has a very good Job in Lagos and she too has one in Kogi.
Problem now is that her church has refused to allow her wed the guy unless he joins deeper life. Her father is a strong local elder and agrees with the pastor. She told the guy that she was willing to go to another church so that they can wed there but the guy dosen't want to anger his in-laws. This matter has dragged on for over a year.... Infact they have spent both money and time travelling from their bases to Edo state to plead with the pastor and elders.
Recently, the guy joined the church but has vowed to bail out once the wedding is done.
Methinks that is deception and a wrong foundation for marriage but does he have any other choice? Honest opinions please and no insults on any church... Thanks.

Did the FIL join his wife's church when he got married to her? Some fanatics and their religious mentality sha undecided undecided

Abeg the guy should leave their daughter alone. Let her parents find husband for her in their church

Please the guy should not pretend to join to church only to back out after wedding.

This will anger his in laws more than the more he was trying to avoid.

He should rather stand his ground not to allow them to control him.

He is a man and his wife to be must attend his church
Re: What Can He Do??? Honest Opinions by Nobody: 3:14pm On Oct 05, 2014
I don't know why people think simply because they are pastors they should take up the role of God. Marriage is entered unto by 2 mature people who love each other and are willing to committed and loyal to each other through good and bad times, other people should just back off.

1 Like

Re: What Can He Do??? Honest Opinions by Joythah(m): 4:40pm On Oct 05, 2014
skyladon22:

Did the FIL join his wife's church when he got married to her? Some fanatics and their religious mentality sha undecided undecided

Abeg the guy should leave their daughter alone. Let her parents find husband for her in their church

Please the guy should not pretend to join to church only to back out after wedding.

This will anger his in laws more than the more he was trying to avoid.

He should rather stand his ground not to allow them to control him.

He is a man and his wife to be must attend his church

agree with you whole-heartedly. The Guy wanted to quit at a point but his family and friends won't hear of it. she stood by him when he had nothing, assisted him financially and she dosen't support her father.... What more can a guy ask for
That her father needs head examination. I simply can't comprehend it
Re: What Can He Do??? Honest Opinions by EfemenaXY: 4:59pm On Oct 05, 2014
Where there is a will, there'll also be a way.

For most cases, intending couples who find themselves in similar situations usually end up with one of them making the sacrifice, i.e: the "weaker" of the two giving way, so they wed at the other's church.

As an alternative, if they really want to wed each other, without letting go of their "church", they should consider wedding on neutral grounds...i.e: traditional wedding + court/registry.

But this is just a short term solution. Bigger issues regarding their denomination loom in the horizon for them. When the kids start coming, where would they worship? Mum's church? Or dad's?
Re: What Can He Do??? Honest Opinions by skyladon22(f): 5:09pm On Oct 05, 2014
Joythah:
agree with you whole-heartedly. The Guy wanted to quit at a point but his family and friends won't hear of it. she stood by him when he had nothing, assisted him financially and she dosen't support her father.... What more can a guy ask for
That her father needs head examination. I simply can't comprehend it

He should be willing to join her church then

Is he planning to her or what or what kinda cheap blackmail is dat she stood by him when he had nothing

The girl should talk to her father a beg

They do the wedding without him and go back to beg him later. No be new thing

If he does that, am sure d FIL will come up with another mandate
Re: What Can He Do??? Honest Opinions by cococandy(f): 5:48pm On Oct 05, 2014
If dem do wedding for the girl church finish,dey go back to the guy's church. Ces't finis
Re: What Can He Do??? Honest Opinions by simpleseyi: 4:35pm On Oct 10, 2014
Nonsense, I though the body of Christ is one, why the division? Anyway, I am a muslim and my wife is a christian, we are happier than Pastor & Mrs Chris & Anita Oyakhilome and Pastor Chris Okotie & his two wives. We are even happier than Olusegun obasanjo & his numerous wives, also happier than David Mark and his numerous wives. We are also happier than Atiku Abubakar and his numerous muslim wives, happier than Isa Yuguda & his numerous muslim wives and happier than the Emir of Kano & his numerous muslim wives.
Re: What Can He Do??? Honest Opinions by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 10, 2014
Joythah:
Methinks that is deception and a wrong foundation for marriage but does he have any other choice? Honest opinions please and no insults on any church
... Thanks.

I can't see any deception he is a grown man he and his wife can leave the church if they so choose.

(1) (Reply)

For Men......Don't be a rapist! / Girls That Do This, What Do They Gain From It? (pics) / Advice Needed: Someone Is Threatening My Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.