Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,249 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

Only 10% Of Nigerians Pay With There Cards On E-commerce Sites[truth Or False] - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Only 10% Of Nigerians Pay With There Cards On E-commerce Sites[truth Or False] (456 Views)

Mentality Of Nigerians When You Ask Them To Visit Your Site / How To Generate Visa Cards On A Commercial Level / How Do Nigerians Pay For Products Online? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Only 10% Of Nigerians Pay With There Cards On E-commerce Sites[truth Or False] by kilononi: 10:10am On Oct 05, 2014
I have done series of research as to the purchasing power of nigerians online and I discovered after watching a interview by CNN on sim shagaya (the owner of konga.com) at the end of the interview he was asked what the major challenge was and he said
Traffic and
Use of credit cards

Says majority of Nigerians fear to pay with there cards online and that most prefer a "pay on delivery" approach and that only 10% of konga users pay with there cards..

And for then traffic, he had to introduce the bikes which helped them meader through the traffic especially in places like Lagos and Abuja sometimes.

So my problem if companies like QuickTeller and MyPaga boost of over 1.5 million customers/users, why do people still not buy with there cards on bigshots ecommerce sites like jumia and konga.

My question is do these guy (mypaga & quickteller) lie about there figures or the ecommerce sites.

(1) (Reply)

Unlimited Reseller Hosting With Cpanel At Waxspace Starts From $5.90/mo / Problem With Image Path On Joomla / VPS And Dedicated Server Hosting From VBHOSTNET

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.