Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,192 members, 7,807,644 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 Duos Android 4.4.2 Update Issues (and A Working Solution) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 Duos Android 4.4.2 Update Issues (and A Working Solution) (7206 Views)

See The InnJoo Fire Camera Versus Samsung Galaxy Duos Camera + Water & Drop Test / Hw 2 Update Techno Software Version / GSM Network Issues And Problems (Zain, Etisalat, Glo, MTN) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 Duos Android 4.4.2 Update Issues (and A Working Solution) by hyelhira: 12:10pm On Oct 05, 2014
The much awaited Android 4.4.2 KitKat update was released for the Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 Duos (SM-G7102) version in India. Since the update many of our readers have expressed the issues they are facing after updating their device to KitKat. While not every device (Including our unit) is affected by these bugs / issues there is a considerable amount of complaints that we received over the past two weeks.

Bugs & Problems in Android 4.4.2 update for Grand 2 Duos (SM-G7102)

1. Random Reboots
2. Entire screen Turning Red/Blue/Purple
3. Soft Key Light’s not working
4. Not able to connect to Wifi Networks
5. Dual SIM Network Failure
6. Power & Lock Keys not responding
7. Longer Charging times
8. Poor Battery Life
9. Not able to change Lock Screen/Home Screen Wallpapers

As we mentioned that some of these issues are Device/User dependent, while one or the other is present in most devices. At this point there aren’t any solutions but we hope Samsung pushes an early fix update to help users overcome these bugs and enjoy KitKat.

Going back to Version Android 4.3

Note : Take a complete back up of your device before going to Customer Care, as downgrading will wipe your phone clean.

If you wish to go back to the previous version (Android 4.3) then you can do so by visiting the nearest Customer Care and ask them to downgrade your firmware to Jelly Bean. The customer care will cover this for free if your Device is under Warranty Period.

If you wish to do something about it yourself then you can download the Firmware, Drivers and ODIN from the links below. In order to learn how to Manually update /downgrade a galaxy device via ODIN you can check our Tutorial on the Galaxy Note II

Android 4.3 Firmware for Grand 2 Duos (India)
Samsung Drivers
ODIN

Update : Users have Reported that Downgrading the software version to Android 4.3 is causing the device to Brick. Please proceed at your own risk.

SOURCE

I faced this problem recently (bugs/problem1,3,4,6 and 9) and after some research I came across the write up above on an Indian website. The solution proffered by one of the commentators (quoted below) actually worked for me.

Hey I had the the same problem.My phone was restarting after every 2 mins. But the problem is resolved after I started my phone in SAFE mode. To enter into Safe mode – just after restarting your phonen it displays The makers name and name of the phone model just keep pressing volume down key until it shows home screen. Your phone’s Down left corner will have small black strip that reads Safe Mode. Then it will display a message that phone upgraded successfully. Then see if it is running smoothly. After that you can restart your phone as you do normally. It helped me wish it’ll help you all. Be ready to enjoy KITKAT. Have a good day.
Re: Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 Duos Android 4.4.2 Update Issues (and A Working Solution) by Wilfem(m): 7:29pm On Oct 29, 2014
hyelhira:

I faced this problem recently (bugs/problem1,3,4,6 and 9) and after some research I came across the write up above on an Indian website. The solution proffered by one of the commentators (quoted below) actually worked for me.

I had exactly the problems listed above on my Grand duos 2 phone and I was initially mad with myself for upgrading the device,
But after trying the above solution, it worked perfectly and the phone is back to the normal condition.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

The New Tecno R5 Full Specification And Price In Naira / Pls How Do I Roll-over My Unused Data On My Etisalat Network? :-\ / Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.