Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,265 members, 7,780,595 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:12 PM

Any Funny Or Interesting Experience In Today's Service? Come In And Share - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Any Funny Or Interesting Experience In Today's Service? Come In And Share (30308 Views)

My Terrible Experience In A Church Today / What Did You Learn In Today's Service? / How Was The Christmas Cerebration? Bore Or Interesting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Funny Or Interesting Experience In Today's Service? Come In And Share by natureblack(m): 2:08pm On Oct 05, 2014
See how religion has made my people dump
Re: Any Funny Or Interesting Experience In Today's Service? Come In And Share by kika23(f): 2:09pm On Oct 05, 2014
sad I didn't attend service today sad
Re: Any Funny Or Interesting Experience In Today's Service? Come In And Share by Piloeternity(m): 2:09pm On Oct 05, 2014
alberto2k:
One lady from the choir was staring at me from time to time

Maybe her favourite colour is blue, cuz I was in all blue everything

I hate chelshiiit tho!
LOL...... U re not serious! cheesy Up gunners anyway
Re: Any Funny Or Interesting Experience In Today's Service? Come In And Share by alberto2k(m): 2:10pm On Oct 05, 2014
farano:
Lol I won't tell you

The name of the church na.....

CHURCH
Re: Any Funny Or Interesting Experience In Today's Service? Come In And Share by greggng: 2:11pm On Oct 05, 2014
Nigerians never sieze to amaze me. Until we realise that new generation churches re business venture , we will always be their magas . I know some of you were expecting a prayer that will help you get or snatch someones husband. Sorry for you all

9 Likes

Re: Any Funny Or Interesting Experience In Today's Service? Come In And Share by Jewelbaby01(f): 2:12pm On Oct 05, 2014
Hmmm... Why is that whenever any offering is about to be taken in church, the pastor or whoever is co-ordinating will always read malachi 3 vs 8-10? Why can't they just go ahead and bless the offering and let ppl give? We already know, infact 90% of church goers have that bible portion in their heads. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Any Funny Or Interesting Experience In Today's Service? Come In And Share by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 05, 2014
:DM a Muslim lol
Re: Any Funny Or Interesting Experience In Today's Service? Come In And Share by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:15pm On Oct 05, 2014
farano:
Here's mine. Towards the end of the service, the man of God said 20 ladies should come out and receive special blessing. Mehn come see race for inside church grin. We were more than 100 that came out o. Then after the prayer, he told some ladies to go back to their seats and selected few of us. I started wondering, "what's this man up to"?

Sharply, He brought out books written by him and CDs produced by him and told us to go round the church and sell them shocked You can't say no now after receiving blessing from him grin. We did just what he said. Chai! I almost stumbled in the church today...Which kind new style be this one?
lmao!
U still dey expect blessing.
Aint u blessed enough?
Re: Any Funny Or Interesting Experience In Today's Service? Come In And Share by ProfEinstein: 2:16pm On Oct 05, 2014
SlyIg:
Yea ...

A new priest celebrated mass for us at the Unizik Sub chapter of NFCS in Ifite, Awka.
Today is actually his first day of celebrating mass as our new chaplain.
Unlike other priests who will preach for close to one hour, this new priest sermon was just clear and brief.
He finished preaching and went back to d altar, students were shocked and they started murmuring cos that was really fast.

He didn't even mention indecent dressing and adultery amongst students and he was done with his preaching ? Wow ... Students will really like this new priest.
thats fr Ray, he is my good friend

1 Like

Re: Any Funny Or Interesting Experience In Today's Service? Come In And Share by 3coins(m): 2:18pm On Oct 05, 2014
SlyIg:
Yea ...

A new priest celebrated mass for us at the Unizik Sub chapter of NFCS in Ifite, Awka.
Unlike other priests who will preach for close to one hour, this new priest sermon was just clear and brief.
He finished preaching and went back to d altar, students were shocked and they started murmuring cos that was really fast.

He didn't even mention indecent dressing and adultery amongst students and he was done with his preaching ? Wow ... Students will really like this new priest.
Catholic priests dont preach for up to an hour.

3 Likes

Re: Any Funny Or Interesting Experience In Today's Service? Come In And Share by StealthyMe(m): 2:19pm On Oct 05, 2014
Hmmnn...

**My head just dey pain me as this man just dey shout 'Yes Sir' 'Ride On Pastor' 'Word!!!' 'Yes yes Yes' for everything pastor dey talk undecided

**I been see one new style of slepping for church today shaa... Na so my daddy in the Lord use him book cover him head dey look downwards at im Bible wey dey im laps...
Can someonr shout a big halleluyah?
Na so daddy mi jump up dey look around...come dey form Thank You Jesus grin

.....Other funny things that didnt happn in my church though cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Funny Or Interesting Experience In Today's Service? Come In And Share by slap1(m): 2:19pm On Oct 05, 2014
I didn't attend.
Re: Any Funny Or Interesting Experience In Today's Service? Come In And Share by Nobody: 2:19pm On Oct 05, 2014
I be Muslim sha....yesterday as we no get moni buy ram na only musoro (he-goat) we wan kill so the rope cut naso musoro take tear race o,all my friend wey neva see am con join us dey find am dem con dey ask say Shea na cow or na ram.to talk say na musoro na wahala so I just dey use anoda talk cover am and you know say to catch musoro hard pass how u go take catch cow self....I'm telling you till now MUSORO Neva come house o & since that yesterday our pot just dey stranded

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Any Funny Or Interesting Experience In Today's Service? Come In And Share by osangaope: 2:19pm On Oct 05, 2014
Lagos to begin probe of Synagogue building collapse on Oct. 13th

full details here: http://www.naijashine.com.ng/lagos-begin-probe-synagogue-building-collapse-oct-13th/

1 Like

Re: Any Funny Or Interesting Experience In Today's Service? Come In And Share by 3coins(m): 2:21pm On Oct 05, 2014
greggng:
Nigerians never sieze to amaze me. Until we realise that new generation churches re business venture , we will always be their magas . I know some of you were expecting a prayer that will help you get or snatch someones husband. Sorry for you all
what are you talking about??

8 Likes

Re: Any Funny Or Interesting Experience In Today's Service? Come In And Share by tomiobj(m): 2:22pm On Oct 05, 2014
Dozed off. Lst 30 mins. Was on nl
farano:
Here's mine. Towards the end of the service, the man of God said 20 ladies should come out and receive special blessing. Mehn come see race for inside church grin. We were more than 100 that came out o. Then after the prayer, he told some ladies to go back to their seats and selected few of us. I started wondering, "what's this man up to"?

Sharply, He brought out books written by him and CDs produced by him and told us to go round the church and sell them shocked You can't say no now after receiving blessing from him grin. We did just what he said. Chai! I almost stumbled in the church today...Which kind new style be this one?
Re: Any Funny Or Interesting Experience In Today's Service? Come In And Share by Lero15(m): 2:24pm On Oct 05, 2014
This my uncle church no be am o. Me still dey church since 7 in d morning. Na my uncle dey do pastors meeting, we have to wait for him. And me suppose watch Chelsea-Arsenal match, plus HUNGER dey waya me ehn... Chai!

7 Likes

Re: Any Funny Or Interesting Experience In Today's Service? Come In And Share by san316(m): 2:24pm On Oct 05, 2014
Even the pastor recognizes the power of UKWU in marketting. If not, y him no call guys.?

6 Likes

Re: Any Funny Or Interesting Experience In Today's Service? Come In And Share by tomiobj(m): 2:25pm On Oct 05, 2014
Choir. There is non holy as the lord,there is none beside thee..................................all things are for thy pleyorrrr. grin angry cheesy cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: Any Funny Or Interesting Experience In Today's Service? Come In And Share by olorundimu(m): 2:25pm On Oct 05, 2014
I no go church today.
Re: Any Funny Or Interesting Experience In Today's Service? Come In And Share by dam007(m): 2:26pm On Oct 05, 2014
Didn't go to church but I joined my church program online tho.. But one funny thing I noticed about christians and sunday service around me is that congregation has grades!! In Vi churches are Behind, services are calm.... Enter one corner in Ife... The kind of prayers you'll hear will make you run! "God let your Thunder of anger strike every enemy affecting my Glory!!! God na Thor?? Besides Its clear now that some churches Use prayer bazookas to tackle enemies with pen knife!! Didn't jesus say forgive them for they Know not what they're doin? If jesus was like that, why do most christians in all these churches wish death upon their enemies and their generations to come because they are enemies!??

3 Likes

Re: Any Funny Or Interesting Experience In Today's Service? Come In And Share by Ezennaemeka1(m): 2:26pm On Oct 05, 2014
Mass was celebrated in Latin. So I was kinda lost and didn't follow up.

3 Likes

Re: Any Funny Or Interesting Experience In Today's Service? Come In And Share by Mysterious33(m): 2:26pm On Oct 05, 2014
Here's mine, the woman sitting next to me wore this hard lacy-material and each time it touches my hand, it's like I'm been scrubbed with a metal sponge and at every available opportunity, she rubbed that cloth on me. At a point, I had to check my hand for bloodstain, I could bet I would bleed if the service extended for another 10mins....guess its d case of a sheep in wolf-clothing.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Funny Or Interesting Experience In Today's Service? Come In And Share by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 05, 2014
I just keep seeing these guys as criminals. Honestly, I can shake off the feeling. The more pastors act, the more it is confirmed. They are bloody thieves with no shame.

4 Likes

Re: Any Funny Or Interesting Experience In Today's Service? Come In And Share by cushycute(f): 2:29pm On Oct 05, 2014
Area Mummy gave some money to a woman who danced well during thanksgiving , as today was thanksgiving sunday. It was really funny tho I liked it

1 Like

Re: Any Funny Or Interesting Experience In Today's Service? Come In And Share by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 05, 2014
dam007:
Didn't go to church but I joined my church program online tho.. But one funny thing I noticed about christians and sunday service around me is that congregation has grades!! In Vi churches are Behind, services are calm.... Enter one corner in Ife... The kind of prayers you'll hear will make you run! "God let your Thunder of anger strike every enemy affecting my Glory!!! God na Thor?? Besides Its clear now that some churches Use prayer bazookas to tackle enemies with pen knife!! Didn't jesus say forgive them for they Know not what they're doin? If jesus was like that, why do most christians in all these churches wish death upon their enemies and their generations to come because they are enemies!??
Same question I hv bn asking for a while. I guess d fire and thunder approach sells more market

1 Like

Re: Any Funny Or Interesting Experience In Today's Service? Come In And Share by Ezennaemeka1(m): 2:30pm On Oct 05, 2014
SlyIg:
Yea ...

ma'am do you mean Perm site sub chapter ? if yes, I thought mass ceases to be celebrated there once students are on recession.
Re: Any Funny Or Interesting Experience In Today's Service? Come In And Share by DWJOBScom(m): 2:30pm On Oct 05, 2014
I enjoyed church today - heard a good message on love from one of the young priests and it sounded so new and real. I came off with a resolution to love , help, reach out without bias, encourage and never give to anger.
It gave me a better view to why people behave the way they do and why I should be different.
It came in a different dimension today

#trust me - any insult hurled or said will be responded to in love

It was most interesting today in church

9 Likes

Re: Any Funny Or Interesting Experience In Today's Service? Come In And Share by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 05, 2014
cushycute:
Area Mummy gave some money to a woman who danced well during thanksgiving , as today was thanksgiving sunday. It was really funny tho I liked it

Area Mummy...... as in mum to Area Boys?

1 Like

Re: Any Funny Or Interesting Experience In Today's Service? Come In And Share by Superstar007(m): 2:34pm On Oct 05, 2014
My pastor asked how much I bought
my iphone6 . And I told him 25k
instead of 200k cos I didn't want him
to know I had that amount of money
on me.
Now he just gave me 50k to buy the same phone for himself and his wife.
Please, what should I do?

26 Likes

Re: Any Funny Or Interesting Experience In Today's Service? Come In And Share by Nobody: 2:34pm On Oct 05, 2014
So nobody can talk about what they learnt, all that was interesting to you has nothing to do with the bible?- wonderful!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

When A Guy Promised You Marriage Just Because Of Sex / Joseph Ayo Babalola's 116th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / 8 Things Guys Do When/after Coming Back From Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.