Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

How Effective Will The Anti-molest Condom Be In Society? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Effective Will The Anti-molest Condom Be In Society? (6122 Views)

Children Talk On How To Molest And Kill A Girl (Video) / Wife Insists That Husband Must Use Condom Before They Have Sex / He Found A Condom In His Mum's Bag..what Should He Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Effective Will The Anti-molest Condom Be In Society? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 05, 2014
The anti-rape condom, called "Rape-aXe," features rows of jagged hooks designed to attach to a man's penis during penetration. Once attached, the condom can only be removed by a doctor - hopefully when authorities can arrest him, Dr. Sonnet Ehlers, the condom's designer, told CNN.

"It hurts, he cannot pee and walk when it's on," she said. "If he tries to remove it, it will clasp even tighter... however, it doesn't break the skin, and there's no danger of fluid exposure."

Ehlers said she sold her house and car to launch the project, and she planned to supervise the distribution of 30,000 free devices in cities hosting the World Cup soccer matches. After the trial period, they'll be available for about $2 apiece, according to CNN.

"The mother of two daughters said she visited prisons and talked to convicted rapists to find out whether such a device would have made them rethink their actions," CNN reported. "Some said it would have."

Critics say the condom makes women vulnerable to violence from men trapped by the device.

It's also a form of "enslavement," Victoria Kajja, a fellow for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in the east African country of Uganda, told CNN. "The fears surrounding the victim, the act of wearing the condom in anticipation of being assaulted all represent enslavement that no woman should be subjected to."

Kajja added that the device reminds women of their vulnerability.

"It not only presents the victim with a false sense of security, but psychological trauma," she added. "It also does not help with the psychological problems that manifest after assaults."

But she acknowledged that the device might allow justice to be served.

Rape convictions are rare in most African countries, according to CNN. Victims don't get immediate access to medical care, and DNA tests to provide evidence are too expensive.

Women take drastic measures to prevent rape in South Africa, Ehlers said. Some go so far as to insert razor blades wrapped in sponges in their private parts.

Critics have said the device is like something out of the Middle Ages.

"Yes, my device may be medieval, but it's for a medieval deed that has been around for decades," she told CNN. "I believe something's got to be done ... and this will make some men rethink before they assault a woman."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/anti-rape-condoms-picture-will-jagged-teeth-deter-world-cup-sex-assaults-rape-axe-hopes-so/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEKgCmAAD5g

1 Like

Re: How Effective Will The Anti-molest Condom Be In Society? by Kirinwa: 2:50pm On Oct 05, 2014
Okay
Re: How Effective Will The Anti-molest Condom Be In Society? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Oct 05, 2014
kk
Re: How Effective Will The Anti-molest Condom Be In Society? by philtrum(m): 3:03pm On Oct 05, 2014
boys are hacked iPhone 5 in just few months you think iPhone 6 or jagged condom will be any different.....

The world wants peace so they thought of creating war machines and then we fought our selves more...

The Golden Rule is vital...I'm not saying you should Love a rapist, or allow yourself to be raped when you could have escaped ......I'm saying let's preach something else, sing songs, pray, care more, talk less, listen more ...give ....a lot of things would&will be better .......
Re: How Effective Will The Anti-molest Condom Be In Society? by 24in7: 3:13pm On Oct 05, 2014
No commeNt

Re: How Effective Will The Anti-molest Condom Be In Society? by bist: 3:16pm On Oct 05, 2014
"Jizoz! That tin Is to BIG for our 9ja gurls to put inside their dis tin!

When they're looking for wayz to shrink their kpekus muscle, ur bringing out kpekus widening gadgets!

Why now?

1 Like

Re: How Effective Will The Anti-molest Condom Be In Society? by SAMBARRY: 3:24pm On Oct 05, 2014
Nice one wink

women need to wear it everyday before wearing pant when going out

married women need to also wear it when he refuse to drop money for peruvian hair tongue grin

cheesy

am in support. Most importantly it should be cheap tongue grin
Re: How Effective Will The Anti-molest Condom Be In Society? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 05, 2014
SAMBARRY:
Nice one wink

women need to wear it everyday before wearing pant when going out

married women need to also wear it when he refuse to drop money for peruvian hair tongue grin

cheesy

am in support. Most importantly it should be cheap tongue grin
God forgive you for that statement cheesy this is an anti-rape device not a profit-making scheme

1 Like

Re: How Effective Will The Anti-molest Condom Be In Society? by SAMBARRY: 4:14pm On Oct 05, 2014
Mondisweets:
God forgive you for that statement cheesy this is an anti-rape device not a profit-making scheme
well me I see opportunity to make money in every thing. My prerogative wink

And o yes, God has forgiven me long ago cheesy
Re: How Effective Will The Anti-molest Condom Be In Society? by Jbluv55(m): 4:19pm On Oct 05, 2014
Mondisweets:
The anti-rape condom, called "Rape-aXe," features rows of jagged hooks designed to attach to a man's penis during penetration. Once attached, the condom can only be removed by a doctor - hopefully when authorities can arrest him, Dr. Sonnet Ehlers, the condom's designer, told CNN.

"It hurts, he cannot pee and walk when it's on," she said. "If he tries to remove it, it will clasp even tighter... however, it doesn't break the skin, and there's no danger of fluid exposure."

Ehlers said she sold her house and car to launch the project, and she planned to supervise the distribution of 30,000 free devices in cities hosting the World Cup soccer matches. After the trial period, they'll be available for about $2 apiece, according to CNN.

"The mother of two daughters said she visited prisons and talked to convicted rapists to find out whether such a device would have made them rethink their actions," CNN reported. "Some said it would have."

Critics say the condom makes women vulnerable to violence from men trapped by the device.

It's also a form of "enslavement," Victoria Kajja, a fellow for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in the east African country of Uganda, told CNN. "The fears surrounding the victim, the act of wearing the condom in anticipation of being assaulted all represent enslavement that no woman should be subjected to."

Kajja added that the device reminds women of their vulnerability.

"It not only presents the victim with a false sense of security, but psychological trauma," she added. "It also does not help with the psychological problems that manifest after assaults."

But she acknowledged that the device might allow justice to be served.

Rape convictions are rare in most African countries, according to CNN. Victims don't get immediate access to medical care, and DNA tests to provide evidence are too expensive.

Women take drastic measures to prevent rape in South Africa, Ehlers said. Some go so far as to insert razor blades wrapped in sponges in their private parts.

Critics have said the device is like something out of the Middle Ages.

"Yes, my device may be medieval, but it's for a medieval deed that has been around for decades," she told CNN. "I believe something's got to be done ... and this will make some men rethink before they assault a woman."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/anti-rape-condoms-picture-will-jagged-teeth-deter-world-cup-sex-assaults-rape-axe-hopes-so/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEKgCmAAD5g
As nice as it may seem, I think there is a tendency that some ladies will abuse the usage of it lipsrsealed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Effective Will The Anti-molest Condom Be In Society? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 05, 2014
Jbluv55:

As nice as it may seem, I think there is a tendency that some ladies will abuse the usage of it lipsrsealed.
everything comes with its advantages and disadvantages. Guns are meant to help people protect themselves and their interests, while others use them against people to deprive them of the property smiley
Re: How Effective Will The Anti-molest Condom Be In Society? by AfricanApple(f): 4:29pm On Oct 05, 2014
Jbluv55:

see where ur mind is going.
they should abuse na, their palava.

Its good for countries or places where rape is a major issue

1 Like

Re: How Effective Will The Anti-molest Condom Be In Society? by bennyrazz: 5:07pm On Oct 05, 2014
snoring zzzzzzzz
Re: How Effective Will The Anti-molest Condom Be In Society? by GatJokez(f): 5:40pm On Oct 05, 2014
Jbluv55:

Oh my .... rofl... you're cracking me up Jbluv55 cool grin

Why would anyone want to walk around all day and maybe even sleep with this? I think an electrically charged body suit would do much better grin cheesy grin cheesy

My thought on this .... being attacked to get molested is still invasive and traumatizing. So, not sure why this device would give a sense of protection .
Re: How Effective Will The Anti-molest Condom Be In Society? by SAMBARRY: 6:04pm On Oct 05, 2014
Mondisweets:
everything comes with its advantages and disadvantages. Guns are meant to help people protect themselves and their interests, while others use them against people to deprive them of the property smiley
abi o
Re: How Effective Will The Anti-molest Condom Be In Society? by cococandy(f): 7:29pm On Oct 05, 2014
Skeptical
Re: How Effective Will The Anti-molest Condom Be In Society? by nwaobitex: 7:32pm On Oct 05, 2014
bruh
Re: How Effective Will The Anti-molest Condom Be In Society? by laplace12(m): 8:49pm On Oct 05, 2014
Those women that slice their boyfriend d*ck for cheating will now have a better alternative undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Effective Will The Anti-molest Condom Be In Society? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 05, 2014
What I would like to know now, is if this is how big you ladies think the average dic'k is. If it is, then I'm afraid you're on a long thing (or rather NOT on a long thing) tongue

Re: How Effective Will The Anti-molest Condom Be In Society? by SAMBARRY: 10:31pm On Oct 05, 2014
BlackStallion:
What I would like to know now, is if this is how big you ladies think the average dic'k is. If it is, then I'm afraid you're on a long thing (or rather NOT on a long thing) tongue
irrespective of the size, if any uncontrollable dheek forcefully enters someone wearing that, e go hear am . meanwhile shebi condoms enter all sizes of dheeks so like this to, e don be for am tongue

like rat wey pakute don trap grin
Re: How Effective Will The Anti-molest Condom Be In Society? by Nobody: 4:20am On Oct 06, 2014
SAMBARRY:
irrespective of the size, if any uncontrollable dheek forcefully enters someone wearing that, e go hear am . meanwhile shebi condoms enter all sizes of dheeks so like this to, e don be for am tongue
like rat wey pakute don trap grin
Oh my, I'd gladly forcefully enter you sweetie, even if you sprinkle otapiapia for inside kpekus. grin
This lil co'ck-trap ain't gonna deter me. kiss
Re: How Effective Will The Anti-molest Condom Be In Society? by Nobody: 6:25am On Oct 06, 2014
Can a d1ck-shredding condom actually prevent despoil? No
It can only serve to cut the assault short
Penetration must occur in order for the R/a/p/e-aXe to work (I think), which means the rape has already taken place

You should tell the South African Government or Dr Ehlers to design an oral and anal r/a/p/e- axe also
A r/a/p/i/s/t can always go all oral/anal on you if he can't get inside the honeywell because of the device
Re: How Effective Will The Anti-molest Condom Be In Society? by SAMBARRY: 7:43am On Oct 06, 2014
BlackStallion:

Oh my, I'd gladly forcefully enter you sweetie, even if you sprinkle otapiapia for inside kpekus. grin
This lil co'ck-trap ain't gonna deter me. kiss
so you no dey fear the nail there tongue

if the nail or teeth pierce through ya something, hot water go better pass am.infact the thing go condemn you no go use am again tongue
Re: How Effective Will The Anti-molest Condom Be In Society? by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 06, 2014
SAMBARRY:
so you no dey fear the nail there tongue
if the nail or teeth pierce through ya something, hot water go better pass am.infact the thing go condemn you no go use am again tongue
My dear if dem talk say make I knack you once make dem come cut my dic'k off, I go gree sharparly. cheesy
Yeah, I'm romantic like that. grin
Re: How Effective Will The Anti-molest Condom Be In Society? by SAMBARRY: 8:12am On Oct 06, 2014
BlackStallion:

My dear if dem talk say make I knack you once make dem come cut my dic'k off, I go gree sharparly. cheesy
Yeah, I'm romantic like that. grin
cheesy grin cheesy grin grin

see as toto no wan gree you get sense again grin

where's that pickabeau who says all men are not the same and they don't all think with the thing inside their boxers.come and see ya colleague o grin grin
Re: How Effective Will The Anti-molest Condom Be In Society? by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 06, 2014
SAMBARRY:
cheesy grin cheesy grin grin
see as toto no wan gree you get sense again grin
where's that pickabeau who says all men are not the same and they don't all think with the thing inside their boxers.come and see ya colleague o grin grin
Hahahaha!! grin
Mama its not my fault na, God wey gimmie dic'k no be deaf & dumb. tongue
Abeg come here joor, make we unite. kiss
Re: How Effective Will The Anti-molest Condom Be In Society? by SAMBARRY: 8:33am On Oct 06, 2014
BlackStallion:

Hahahaha!! grin
Mama its not my fault na, God wey gimmie dic'k no be deaf & dumb. tongue
Abeg come here joor, make we unite. kiss
you and who.ya sister no dey there make you unite with am tongue
Re: How Effective Will The Anti-molest Condom Be In Society? by Nobody: 8:41am On Oct 06, 2014
SAMBARRY:
you and who.ya sister no dey there make you unite with am tongue
Shet!! Ince'st! shocked
And the funny thing about life be say na you go rake pass if 2moro you hear say one guy unite with his sister ooo.
Oya come, let me pet you small nau. wink
Re: How Effective Will The Anti-molest Condom Be In Society? by SAMBARRY: 8:47am On Oct 06, 2014
BlackStallion:

Shet!! Ince'st! shocked
And the funny thing about life be say na you go rake pass if 2moro you hear say one guy unite with his sister ooo.
Oya come, let me pet you small nau. wink
which one be shet now? Ya mates no dey do am?

Abeg dress joor tongue
Re: How Effective Will The Anti-molest Condom Be In Society? by Nobody: 8:55am On Oct 06, 2014
SAMBARRY:
which one be shet now? Ya mates no dey do am?
Abeg dress joor tongue
Yee, Osanobua meee!!! shocked
Chai, dis geh don spoil kpatakpata! undecided
And I thought you were a good geh embarassed
Re: How Effective Will The Anti-molest Condom Be In Society? by SAMBARRY: 9:15am On Oct 06, 2014
BlackStallion:

Yee, Osanobua meee!!! shocked
Chai, dis geh don spoil kpatakpata! undecided
And I thought you were a good geh embarassed
so you be edo man.no wonder grin

wadooo o grin

no wonder the thing don make you wan sell your birth right grin
Re: How Effective Will The Anti-molest Condom Be In Society? by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 06, 2014
SAMBARRY:
so you be edo man.no wonder grin
wadooo o grin
no wonder the thing don make you wan sell your birth right grin
Wabilu tele. grin
You know once all the blood rushes to a man's okwe, he loses control of his reasoning. Orlenor cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

. / Diamond Bank Extra Account / Looking For Someone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.