Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,821 members, 7,798,773 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:07 AM

Selling Only Accident Or Salvage Cars - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Selling Only Accident Or Salvage Cars (4604 Views)

How To Get Salvage Cars From Nigerian Insurance Companies / ***You Can Actually Get A Cheap, Good Car At Salvage Auction*** / Please Advice About Auctionexport.com And Salvage Cars! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Selling Only Accident Or Salvage Cars by Mist100: 4:01pm On Oct 05, 2014
A colleague discussed with me about his desire to set up a platform where he can sell accidented cars and refer buyers to partner auto shops for onward fixing with considerable guarantee.

You have a choice of fixing your car yourself with your own mechanic but he will strongly recommend his trusted auto shops. The concept is being transparent and delivering exact value for money. How viable do you think this idea is?
Re: Selling Only Accident Or Salvage Cars by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 05, 2014
Mist100:
A colleague discussed with me about his desire to set up a platform where he can sell accidented cars and refer buyers to partner auto shops for onward fixing with considerable guarantee.

You have a choice of fixing your car yourself with your own mechanic but he will strongly recommend his trusted auto shops. The concept is being transparent and delivering exact value for money. How viable do you think this idea is?

Personally I think it's a very bad idea and a disservice to the Nigerian automotive public.

That being said I guess as long as there is full disclosure to buyers and they know what they are getting into then it's okay.

I will never sell or broker a salvaged or reconstructed titled vehicle to my fellow human beings even at their insistence. I don't need money that bad.

With careful shopping a buyer should be able to get a good vehicle that is not salvaged for a good price but our people are greedy. It seems that everybody wants a 2010 Honda Accord with a salvaged titled rollbacked mileage instead of say a 2005 clean title from the original owner with verifiable care of ownership.

1 Like

Re: Selling Only Accident Or Salvage Cars by Mist100: 10:45am On Oct 06, 2014
is nobody else in the house to help clarify this issue?
Re: Selling Only Accident Or Salvage Cars by ceasare: 11:38am On Oct 07, 2014
It should depend on the type of accident d car was I involved in....
Side impacts or back impact are still good deals don't be discouraged
It's a good idea.

What I don't encourage is a car with head I
On collision trust me it can never be restored to factory specs again!

1 Like

Re: Selling Only Accident Or Salvage Cars by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:15pm On Oct 07, 2014
CityNG:

Personally I think it's a very bad idea and a disservice to the Nigerian automotive public.

That being said I guess as long as there is full disclosure to buyers and they know what they are getting into then it's okay.

I will never sell or broker a salvaged or reconstructed titled vehicle to my fellow human beings even at their insistence. I don't need money that bad.

With careful shopping a buyer should be able to get a good vehicle that is not salvaged for a good price but our people are greedy. It seems that everybody wants a 2010 Honda Accord with a salvaged titled rollbacked mileage instead of say a 2005 clean title from the original owner with verifiable care of ownership.

you are missing the idea

buying a salvaged car is always cheaper and those who buy they would have done the maths i.e expenses to put it back on the road and it always cheaper as compared to fully driving one

Remember the seller is selling the car in its damage form and the buyer will access whether the car can be put back into the road within targeted budget

the buyer is not being conned, they make decision on what they see
Re: Selling Only Accident Or Salvage Cars by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 07, 2014
ZIMDRILL:

you are missing the idea

buying a salvaged car is always cheaper and those who buy they would have done the maths i.e expenses to put it back on the road and it always cheaper as compared to fully driving one

Remember the seller is selling the car in its damage form and the buyer will access whether the car can be put back into the road within targeted budget

the buyer is not being conned, they make decision on what they see

I'm not missing the idea and you just think I am.

My opinion still says that this is an unnecessary risk for consumers to take.

It is my intention on this platform to guide and encourage car buyers to avoid ALL salvaged vehicles as a matter of principle. I will do this within the confinements and abiding by the TOS of the site.

Making salvaged vehicles available to consumers is just a bad idea all the way around.

This is one of the reasons why I think the Federal Government should impose a 150% surcharge on all importations of motor vehicles.

PS: I never also said that they were being conned. In fact what I said was "That being said I guess as long as there is full disclosure to buyers and they know what they are getting into then it's okay.".

Allegedly adding 3 more floors to a building designed for two floors without going through the proper protocol was seemingly cheaper too, but we know how that ended. Just because something is cheaper doesn't mean it's better. In fact economic dictates that the alternative is true.

1 Like

Re: Selling Only Accident Or Salvage Cars by chillex8(m): 12:29pm On Oct 07, 2014
CityNG:

It is my intention on this platform to guide and encourage car buyers to avoid ALL salvaged vehicles as a matter of principle. I will do this within the confinements and abiding by the TOS of the site.

Making salvaged vehicles available to consumers is just a bad idea all the way around.

This is one of the reasons why I think the Federal Government should impose a 150% surcharge on all importations of motor vehicles.

PS: I never also said that they were being conned. In fact what I said was "That being said I guess as long as there is full disclosure to buyers and they know what they are getting into then it's okay.".

Allegedly adding 3 more floors to a building designed for two floors without going through the proper protocol was seemingly cheaper too, but we know how that ended. Just because something is cheaper doesn't mean it's better. In fact economic dictates that the alternative is true.

You are still missing the idea
Re: Selling Only Accident Or Salvage Cars by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 07, 2014
chillex8:

You are still missing the idea

You can believe what will support you being morally flexible.

I've made my point for potential buyers to consider.

Good day, CityNG out.
Re: Selling Only Accident Or Salvage Cars by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:51pm On Oct 07, 2014
CityNG:

i think you are still missing the point

remember it is the buyer that makes the choice not therefore your option is out of the equation then based on they system of your country eg UK all accident damaged cars are put into category depending with category serious damaged ones are to be retested after being fixed done by the government agent to check and test the repaired work

remember his idea is to sell accident damaged cars as they are and he would recomend you to a good body work shop , he is selling a cars that are not fixed yet
Re: Selling Only Accident Or Salvage Cars by chillex8(m): 1:07pm On Oct 07, 2014
CityNG:

You can believe what will support you being morally flexible.

I've made my point for potential buyers to consider.

Good day, CityNG out.

This has got nothing to do with morality and what not....

The vehicle is made available to a potential buyer, and the title is stated.

Now, is Left for the buyer to decide if he can repair and get max value from the said vehicle, or opt out...

Point is, the vehicle is available, and its the buyers choice..

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Selling Only Accident Or Salvage Cars by Gluck4cars: 12:27am On Oct 13, 2014
My investigation and industry experience proofs that most cars sold in Nigeria's tokunbo market are salvage titles. Examples are accidented and even flooded, which comes with damaged electrical modules/ecu. So, to that extent your idea is not new. What I think is new is that you want to execute your transactions with full disclosure of the vehicles actual status and also offer advice on were repairs could be procured.

It should be very viable because the vehicles are offered very cheap since they are already written-off by insurance and so very affordable to your buyers. However, you need to check-out how your proposal will fit into Nigerian government's new policy of SON inspection certificate for used imported vehicles (cost N20k). Check SON guideline for what would pass. They are to stop the entry of certain grade of salvaged vehicles.

Mist100:

Re: Selling Only Accident Or Salvage Cars by Nobody: 1:06am On Oct 13, 2014
Gluck4cars:
My investigation and industry experience proofs that most cars sold in Nigeria's tokunbo market are salvage titles. Examples are accidented and even flooded, which comes with damaged electrical modules/ecu. So, to that extent your idea is not new. What I think is new is that you want to execute your transactions with full disclosure of the vehicles actual status and also offer advice on were repairs could be procured.

It should be very viable because the vehicles are offered very cheap since they are already written-off by insurance and so very affordable to your buyers. However, you need to check-out how your proposal will fit into Nigerian government's new policy of SON inspection certificate for used imported vehicles (cost N20k). [b]Check SON guideline for what would pass.
They are to stop the entry of certain grade of salvaged vehicles.[/b]

Finally I can see that we are making progress.

They should stop importations of all salvaged vehicles period. If vehicle is written off in the US or Canada it should not be importable.

It's a shame to see the lows that certain folks will go to make money and all at the expense elf their fellow Men.
Re: Selling Only Accident Or Salvage Cars by Nobody: 1:06am On Oct 13, 2014
chillex8:

This has got nothing to do with morality and what not....

The vehicle is made available to a potential buyer, and the title is stated.

Now, is Left for the buyer to decide if he can repair and get max value from the said vehicle, or opt out...

Point is, the vehicle is available, and its the buyers choice..

Cheers.

It has to do with morality.

You shouldn't be offering damaged vehicles to the public.
Re: Selling Only Accident Or Salvage Cars by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:22am On Oct 13, 2014
Gluck4cars:

It should be very viable because the vehicles are offered very cheap since they are already written-off by insurance and so very affordable to your buyers. However, you need to check-out how your proposal will fit into Nigerian government's new policy of SON inspection certificate for used imported vehicles (cost N20k). Check SON guideline for what would pass. They are to stop the entry of certain grade of salvaged vehicles.

lets go to basic

really who would imports a car that is a non runner without the idea whats wrong with it ? but as for body damage well that better the car would be running or missing few things that one has seen that there are easy to repair
Re: Selling Only Accident Or Salvage Cars by kanyenorth: 5:52am On Oct 29, 2019
Chima Arinze Automated Services Ltd
Phone: 0803 501 8807
Copart auction registered bidder in Lagos. I can help you buy an ship used cars from any where in the world.
Accident or brand new.
please feel free to contact me.
Re: Selling Only Accident Or Salvage Cars by sultaan(m): 7:51am On Oct 29, 2019
There is a white man eating on a table and some pieces of food fell on the table while some fell on the floor.
The shame here is one of my brothers is saying it is better to pick some food off the table as a people rather than for us all to pick off the floor. The other is insisting it is better off the floor because it is easier off the floor.
If the life of our people has been battered so bad they can't even see that there are under a table they deserve to be sitting at as human.
Why do we have to turn ourselves into economic dogs. Those who were eating from the table with us decades ago are now eating from the plate
Re: Selling Only Accident Or Salvage Cars by abbakin: 5:28pm On Jan 05, 2023
Stop wasting your money trying to fix a broken or faulty car! Sell your Accident Car or Salvage Cars in Nigeria on Buycars.ng - a number one automobile marketplace where you can buy or sell scrap cars, tokunbo cars, and Nigerian used cars, trucks, or parts at best prices. We're leading scrap car buyers in Nigeria.

Click Here to learn How to Sell Your Accident Car or Salvage Vehicles in Nigeria.
Re: Selling Only Accident Or Salvage Cars by phenylalanine(m): 2:09pm On Jan 07, 2023

I don't understand you, what is not good in this? Selling Salvage cars and given the person the option to fix it for them is not a bad ideal, because majority of cars the bring into this country most times are salvage and auction car that as stay inactive for years and the fix it and put on car stand. I saw that in the port. It is a good ideal but transparency and pricing will determine how far you will go

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Buy A Used Engine For Your Car(In Ladipo, Lagos)? / How Good Is Volvo XC90 2005-2006 / How Durable Is Hyundai Sonata 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.