Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:49 PM

What Is Best About Your Marriage Life? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is Best About Your Marriage Life? (3258 Views)

9 Tips For Keeping The Spark Alive In Your Marriage / My Marriage Life , (I Feel Cheated) / My Marriage Life Experience! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Best About Your Marriage Life? by SeanT21(f): 6:02am On Nov 09, 2008
For all You Gals and Boys out there who are married, Tell Us Un-married People What is the best Thing about Being Married?
Is it the essence of always having someone there for You?

The Fact that You never go to bed alone?Explain!!

"Marriage is that relation between man and woman in which the independence is equal, the dependence mutual, and the obligation reciprocal."
Re: What Is Best About Your Marriage Life? by benincitys(f): 4:43pm On Nov 09, 2008
the best is that i finally found the right one ,
who  is always there for me for better for worst,
my husband is the most kind and caring person
that i have ever known in my 28 year of life he
is always there for me i love him so much he  is
a man not a half one , he make me happy when
i m sad  he kiss me everyday and tell me how much
he love me can't imagine my life without him ,
the fact that we are always together one love
equal in everything, nothing like i am the man in
the house so you do everything i say.
Re: What Is Best About Your Marriage Life? by temi4rea(f): 9:44am On Nov 10, 2008
I can only think of few nw,
The fact am into something i cant pretend!(pretend as in trying to be good all the way)
when we tlk dirty(i love talking dirty anyway),argue on political issues,tlk about our bosses their weekness and so ,collegues at work,our friends.
Esspecially when we go clubing on fridays and we act like singles and all the dancing.
when we switch cooking,the candle light dinner,the surprise betday parties and gift,the love song he sings when am angry or stessed up,the  johnny gill cd he slips inside my car wth my favorite track" my my my", u looking good tonight.
i knw his favorite song and singing it i knw it turns him on,call him on phone ,sing that song to him and the next min his in my office kissing and acting funny.
i don't think theres anything i enjoy my whole life like being married to him.
LSG-Break it off!   thats his favorite cant wait to sing that to him
did i mention the fact hes a chelsea fan while am a manu fan! Sports esspecially football is spicing up my marriage and am force to say mary ur bestfriend and u will never reget it.
becos hes that friend that tells u the truth weather u like to hear it or not,a caring father,a brother and a baby u can play wth.
Re: What Is Best About Your Marriage Life? by SeanT21(f): 5:14pm On Nov 10, 2008
This is so sweet!!!

I am happy that both of your marriages are Perfect!!!
Re: What Is Best About Your Marriage Life? by sistawoman: 10:07pm On Nov 10, 2008
What I love most about being married is that he is my best friend.

I go to him when something good or bad happens and he alone is the holder of my secrets.

I am in love with a man that is in love with me. He is so romantic and loving and caring.

I love that he is all man, I dont have to worry anymore, the weight of carring for the family rests firmly on his shoulders and he is not buckling under the weight.

For the first time in my life I can actually stand in front of someone completely naked, there are no secrets, no lies, no pretending, no changing. He accepts me for me and loves me for me, not someone he wants me to become.

I love just sitting and talking to him; just last night when he came home from work we sat up until 2 in the morning just talking and playing and relating.

I love that sometimes i get to act like a teenager all over again with him, and I love that he makes me feel like a gitty teenager.

I love being married because I have someone that I will spend my twilight years with and we will both be each others company.

I really think Jennifer Hudson's song says it all for me; there is nothing more beautiful then being able to give all of yourself to another person:

Giving myself

I never been who I wanted to be
I never felt completely free
No ones ever had all of me
Or made me feel so beautiful and sexy

Now I'm flyin like an airplane
Now I'm ridin on the open range
Now I'm livin out my destiny
I know the truth,
I got it all in you and me

Ohhhhhh, I'm giving myself over to you
Body and soul
I'm giving it over
I'm giving myself over to you now

Like a brand new day
now you and I, we're the face of fame
Ain't nobody got nothing to say, no
And from my feelings
I never have to run away
No more
Because he's here
Holding me tight
Now every day and night
Oh baby
Can't you see?
I don't wanna be without you anymore

Body and soul
I'm giving it over
I'm giving myself over to you

Body and soul
I'm giving it over

For the first time
I can stand in front of someone
Finally
I can be me
I can just let my love spill over
I can cry
I don't have to lie
I can finally let someone all the way inside
All the way
All they way baby
All the way
All the wayyyyy

Handing myself over to you
Body and soul
I'm giving it over

Body and soul
I'm giving it over
And I'm giving myself over to you now
[Plays in background]

You know it's the right time
I know it's the right night
I know it's the right life
I know you're the right man
I know I'm the right girl
Come on now feel it
You feel it?
I'm ready to give it over to you

I know you're the right man
I know I'm the right girl
Come on now feel it
You feel it?
I'm ready to give it over to you

He truly is the love of my life and like the other two ladies have stated I would not want to share my life w/anyone but him and really cant picture it w/o him.
Re: What Is Best About Your Marriage Life? by chika98: 10:19pm On Nov 10, 2008
oh lawd!
Re: What Is Best About Your Marriage Life? by abujabooks(f): 12:02am On Nov 11, 2008
My husband is my best friend. I tell him everything.

When I am away from him, I feel like a part of me is missing.

He spoils me rotten! Anything I want he buys, except for my X5. Still waiting for that jeep from him.

He is my mentor. I respect his advice.

We have similar hobbies. He loves football & I have grown to watch Liverpool play for d whole 90mins & enjoy it.

We complement each other.
Re: What Is Best About Your Marriage Life? by DavidDylan(m): 12:09am On Nov 11, 2008
I liked Abujabooks' best.

Keep it up ladies . . . yeah even you sistawoman wink
Re: What Is Best About Your Marriage Life? by SeanT21(f): 1:16am On Nov 11, 2008
I am enjoying this.Thanks For Giving us a Peek into Your Marriage Life!!
Re: What Is Best About Your Marriage Life? by amievivian(f): 2:35pm On Nov 11, 2008
wow this is so good
i so feel lyk getting married now
but tell me
how do u meet such a right person?
and y r our guys not responding?
Re: What Is Best About Your Marriage Life? by hotstuff06(f): 3:41pm On Nov 11, 2008
My husband is my bestfriend. There is nothing I cannot tell him.
I never have to pretend with him.
We understand and compliment each others weaknesses.
Even when we fight or argue, we always find a way to compromise.
He is not the romantic guy but his ways of showing me love has non in comparison.
When I dress up, he does not tell me I look beautiful but I can see it all in his eyes and it makes me feel like a sisi eko looking HOT wink.
We text each other during the day and call just to say hello even when we really have nothing to say.
He spends time with the children and they love him to death.
We are like twins, when he is upset, my day crumbles until we resolve issues and vice versa.
We have been married for 9yrs and have never let the sun set on our anger to each other.
He travels and takes me out even when he just wants to be home.
He puts the childrens needs and mine ahead of his ALWAYS.
He makes me feel like a partner and I RESPECT him for that.
He is my first love and my only love (God being supreme).
Honestly I don't know what my life would be without him. I am the bone of his bone, the flesh of his flesh and the rib from his body. WE ARE ONE FOR LIFE.
Re: What Is Best About Your Marriage Life? by mohawkchic(f): 8:36pm On Nov 11, 2008
~It's My Wedding Anniversary today y'll grin & am feeling that special inner glow as i reflect on our marriage,i think of the dreams i've shared & still share w/ my hubby!!Am all loved up Today!! cheesy

*The ways we've Changed & Grown as a couple -how we've learnt to compromise,give each other the benefit of the doubt over certain issues & learn from each other's mistakes!!- Am his no 1 champion in his career choices as he is mine,we don't try to out-shine each other,we bask in the ambience of each other's success!!He's not afraid to show his emotions,share his insecurities w/ me . . we laff some,cry some,give some,take some . . . knowing with our flaws out in the open,the foundation of our love for each other can only continue to stand firm!!

*The Trust/Respect we share :We make all decisions together,in the rarity that one of us needs to make a decision Prompto,we both trust we'll be doing what the other would want as well!!

~He Trusts he can give me his card to go shopping & i don't come back w/ it empty!! grin

~His Generosity :If me or my son really want/need something,even if its his last penny he'd rather be broke than us not having it!!He's a good provider,very domesticated,thank God for that,so no pressure on me to keep house!!he does more than his fair share & doesnt moan about it. . i make up for it on other areas tho!! wink

*The knock-downs & Drag-outs we've had & how we've solved those problems together!! It might take a couple of hours but we get there!!~We work as a team,he knows just what to say to make me laff when am mad & spitting fire,i know what to do/say when he's mad at me too  wink . . it's thats feeling of knowing there's no communication melt-down . . i'm willing to forgive him & me knowing he'll do the same for me!!

*The Special Joys & Blessings we've known - the birth of our son been the greatest special joy ever . . i get to see that father-son bonding,that am not ashamed to admit makes me jealous sometimes!! tongue He's a hands-on dada & i love him for that!!

~I love nothing more than going thro all these emotions & wake up each day to find that special someone who i have such a great partnership with~ value & share the same virtues of loyalty & fairness right by my side whose smile & eyes says it all!!

~Most of all,i know the best is yet to come with him right by my side!!~
Re: What Is Best About Your Marriage Life? by hotstuff06(f): 8:48pm On Nov 11, 2008
mohawkchic:

[color=#006600]~It's My Wedding Anniversary today y'll grin & am feeling that special inner glow as i reflect on our marriage,i think of the dreams i've shared & still share w/ my hubby!!Am all loved up Today!! cheesy

Happy anniversary mohawkchic many more happy and fulfilled years to come.
Re: What Is Best About Your Marriage Life? by mohawkchic(f): 9:31pm On Nov 11, 2008

~Aaaw Thank You So Much hotstuff06 kiss ~
Re: What Is Best About Your Marriage Life? by KarmaMod(f): 9:37pm On Nov 11, 2008
We have similar hobbies.

He's a very hands-on dada

smiley

Those two things are very important. To me anyway

Wish you all many more blessed years smiley
Re: What Is Best About Your Marriage Life? by plappville(f): 10:17pm On Nov 11, 2008
He is that romantic guy, and that was the first thing that hocked me down to marry him.

We are both young couple and we are really destined to be together.

I ve always dreamt of him even when i ve not met him yet that is, the very very first day i met him, he told me i am his wife to be,and this came to pass.

He listen to my problems, and show concern for those problems in the best way he can.

I feel like the best woman on earth because of his tenderness towards me.

I love when he tells me (((( i care about u, me and our kids))) she smiles smiley

He don't criticize the way i dresses, cooks meals, and does my shopping.

Of course he doesn't perceive things always the way i do but this has never cause any problem  between us.

Although i still see him as his mum's pet because he is a single child, but he is still doing his best as a kind and loving husband.

he has a fatherly heart and does cherish his kids.

I admire when he play with them in a parc or @ home.

He is a hard working husband that wants the best for his wife.

No matter how angry he is with me, he never reject my meals, i love when he tells me that i am the best cook in the world.

Good communication is what has been keeping us going.

I  will say he is my world and my dream.

My prayer is that God should touch him, because he is a non believer of the gospel of my lord Jesus
that was how he was brought up.
Re: What Is Best About Your Marriage Life? by SeanT21(f): 1:12am On Nov 12, 2008
plappville:

He is that romantic guy, and that was the first thing that hocked me down to marry him.

We are both young couple and we are really destined to be together.

I ve always dreamt of him even when i ve not met him yet that is, the very very first day i met him, he told me i am his wife to be,and this came to pass.

He listen to my problems, and show concern for those problems in the best way he can.

I feel like the best woman on earth because of his tenderness towards me.

I love when he tells me (((( i care about u, me and our kids))) she smiles smiley

He don't criticize the way i dresses, cooks meals, and does my shopping.

Of course he doesn't perceive things always the way i do but this has never cause any problem between us.

Although i still see him as his mum's pet because he is a single child, but he is still doing his best as a kind and loving husband.

he has a fatherly heart and does cherish his kids.

I admire when he play with them in a parc or @ home.

He is a hard working husband that wants the best for his wife.

No matter how angry he is with me, he never reject my meals, i love when he tells me that i am the best cook in the world.

Good communication is what has been keeping us going.

I will say he is my world and my dream.

My prayer is that God should touch him, because he is a non believer of the gospel of my lord Jesus
that was how he was brought up.

I pray that he Believe and Have faith in God one of these days.

@Topic

I am so happy everyone here have a good Man by their side.

~~I want to ge married now and experience it~~
Re: What Is Best About Your Marriage Life? by whatever90(f): 2:23am On Nov 12, 2008
hmm where will i start from?nope i dont know where to start from
Re: What Is Best About Your Marriage Life? by SeanT21(f): 3:34am On Nov 12, 2008
whatever90:

hmm where will i start from?nope i don't know where to start from

Tell Us what makes Your Love wonderful!!
TRY!!
Re: What Is Best About Your Marriage Life? by whatever90(f): 4:01am On Nov 12, 2008
SeanT21:

Tell Us what makes Your Love wonderful!!
TRY!!

ok don't mind my gender ,I'm a female

don't know where to start from

is it d fact that he makes me feel like I'm in a dif world entirely

or d fact that we play like kids everyday,people find it out to blive we r a couple

hes so passionate wink and gawd help me romantic

i get all d attentions i crave for every minute,i can be so jealous when it comes to attention lipsrsealed

infact i don't need to ask for anything before I'm given,smtimes i wonder if hes a spirit,because he smtimes knws wats going on in my mind

I'm his utmost priority

smtimes we gist like two teenagers,we talk and talk and talk

he loves taking me out,and u know kissing and stuffs like that in public is his hobby lipsrsealed

the fact that he askes me for advise smtimes,infact if ive not spoken in a matter,he wont do anythin

we r still very young,well i am young,and blive me he gives me everything i would have craved for if i was still single

hes not the type that will want to make u look old because u r married,all in d name of being possessive

hes quite understanding

infact we r d envy of people

he spoils me silly

what i love most is his dedication in d things of God,infact hes more like a rugged born again Christian grin very rugged,not the missionary type of bornagains lipsrsealed

he respects me alot,i mean alot

i married my better half,i married my bone and flesh,d rib I'm using now,was cut out of his,i love him wit my whole existence,my whole being,my life revolves round his

and i say once again"GOD YOU ARE THE BEST"
Re: What Is Best About Your Marriage Life? by tRoOE(f): 6:34am On Nov 12, 2008
[size=13pt]Having such a wonderful and loving husband
his my brother, a father, bestfriend and a loving father/husband kiss kiss,no one else can ever replace him
His my backbone, I luv u 4 life kiss kiss
[/size]
Re: What Is Best About Your Marriage Life? by SeanT21(f): 6:53am On Nov 12, 2008
whatever90:

or d fact that we play like kids everyday,people find it out to blive we r a couple

i get all d attentions i crave for every minute,i can be so jealous when it comes to attention lipsrsealed

infact i don't need to ask for anything before I'm given,smtimes i wonder if hes a spirit,because he smtimes knws wats going on in my mind

I'm his utmost priority

he loves taking me out,and u know kissing and stuffs like that in public is his hobby lipsrsealed

the fact that he askes me for advise smtimes,infact if ive not spoken in a matter,he wont do anythin

we r still very young,well i am young,and blive me he gives me everything i would have craved for if i was still single

hes not the type that will want to make u look old because u r married,all in d name of being possessive

hes quite understanding

he spoils me silly

what i love most is his dedication in d things of God,infact hes more like a rugged born again Christian grin very rugged,not the missionary type of bornagains lipsrsealed

i married my better half,i married my bone and flesh,d rib I'm using now,was cut out of his,i love him wit my whole existence,my whole being,my life revolves round his

~~~~I envy You~~~GOD BLESS YOU AND HIM!!
Re: What Is Best About Your Marriage Life? by H2O2: 6:54am On Nov 12, 2008
God Bless America
Re: What Is Best About Your Marriage Life? by temi4rea(f): 9:49am On Nov 12, 2008
hotstuff06:

Happy anniversary and wishing u long life and happiness together
@
amievivian:

wow this is so good
i so feel like getting married now
but tell me
how do u meet such a right person?
and y r our guys not responding?

When u meet them u will know,its like starring at a galaxy of stars and a particular star shines brighter,some tyms they come in disguise(really offending u or u getting irritated wth them around)but if u give their offending and irritating attitude a connotation observation,u get to realise the kind of person they really are(both for men & women).

Sometyms things u wounldnt take from anybody when they do it u find yourself wnting more not as if u really like that thing but u can't help it.

Maybe Mohawkchic can help u wth sm too,
Wht do u think Mohawkchic?
Re: What Is Best About Your Marriage Life? by plappville(f): 10:12am On Nov 12, 2008
SeanT21:

I pray that he Believe and Have faith in God one of these days.

@Topic

I am so happy everyone here have a good Man by their side.

~~I want to ge married now and experience it~~

AMEN OOO THAT IS MY ONLY WORRY FOR NOW.
Re: What Is Best About Your Marriage Life? by Angolobabe(f): 4:55pm On Nov 12, 2008
My husband is my soul mate i finally found the right man
we have alot of things in common,he involves me in all decision making .
He is always there for me for better and for worst
He is very gentle ,loving,generious and the most kind and caring person that i have ever known .
He is always there for me ,he understands me , he make me happy when
Im sad he kiss me everyday before and after work and tell´s me how much
he love me. he cares for my needs and never refuse me anything i ask for.
He is very hard working and a good father.he makes everything equal and never tries to be bossy
My opinion is very important to him in everything he does,he tells me how life is meaningless without me by his side.
and i have grown to love him so much and life is worthless without him.his the best among others and God brought us together.
Re: What Is Best About Your Marriage Life? by KarmaMod(f): 10:27pm On Nov 12, 2008
lol jennyi, which one be rugged bornagain egba mi tongue
Re: What Is Best About Your Marriage Life? by whatever90(f): 1:48am On Nov 13, 2008
KarmaMod:

lol jennyi, which one be rugged bornagain egba mi  tongue

the hot rugged and rough type of bornagain grin grin grin  u'll hardly know he even knows anything about God,until u hear him preach d bible  or pray cheesy
Re: What Is Best About Your Marriage Life? by Morenike3(f): 3:01am On Nov 13, 2008
That he cooks for me when am too tired kiss kiss kiss

Treats me like a queen and worship the sand I walk on.

We've been married for 5 years now, and he still continues to amaze me. So spontaneous and sexy kiss kiss kiss

Respect grows but never dares to diminish between us, I'm his half and he my missing half.

I love my husband so very much kiss kiss kiss grin

Hope you getting ready for baby number 4 kiss kiss kiss
Re: What Is Best About Your Marriage Life? by chamotex(m): 3:04am On Nov 13, 2008
whatever90:

I'm his utmost priority

hes quite understanding

he spoils me silly

awww baybee!, u didn't have to do this. I loff u too. kiss kiss
Re: What Is Best About Your Marriage Life? by jgirl3: 3:06am On Nov 13, 2008
chamotex:

You're no longer oniranu. . . onisekuse ni e!
Re: What Is Best About Your Marriage Life? by whatever90(f): 3:09am On Nov 13, 2008
j-girl:

You're no longer oniranu. . . onisekuse ni e!

buahahahahahahhhahah grin grin grin grin grin

chamotex:

chamo who be ya baby angry e be like say u dey confuse me wt bluespice abi mbola grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Family Mealtimes: Do You Eat Together? / Disrespectful husbands bringing their trash home / Look What Bleaching Did To This Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.