Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,840 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:49 AM

Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa (13368 Views)

Solomon Dalung On Facility Inspection In Brazil - Photos / FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil / Maputo, Mozambique - A City Recovers From 40 Yr Civil War - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Jonae1: 8:22pm On Oct 05, 2014
While everybody is always talking about Nigeria, Ghana, Rwanda, Kenya, Angola, South Africa e.t.c. Mozambique is quietly developing exponentially.

This beautiful country is located in South-Eastern Africa, and the national language is Portuguese.

It used to be one of the poorest countries in the world in the 90's due to the civil war but now it is one of the few countries with surging economic growth.

[img]http://4.fotos.web.sapo.io/i/ud601c4c4/16983258_g7OYE.jpeg[/img]

Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 05, 2014
Are their ladies as hot as brazilian ladies? Just curious
Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Tolexander: 8:35pm On Oct 05, 2014
How has the pictures you posted made Mozambique the Brazil of Africa?

3 Likes

Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Jonae1: 8:37pm On Oct 05, 2014
These are renders for what is supposed to be a new city for business operations not too far from the capital and it is already under construction.
The name of this new city shall be called Katembe

Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Jonae1: 8:45pm On Oct 05, 2014
Tolexander:
How has the pictures you posted made Mozambique the Brazil of Africa?

Because the country and its people have a Latin American flair. From their culture to their diversity. It is like a Brazil in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Jonae1: 8:47pm On Oct 05, 2014
Master plan for the new city of Katembe which is already under construction

Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Tolexander: 8:51pm On Oct 05, 2014
Jonae1:

Because the country and its people have a Latin American flair. From their culture to their diversity. It is like a Brazil in Africa.
ok!

Well, that is as a result of colonialism anyway.

By your reasons, i think Angola fits in than Mozambique as the African Brazil.

1 Like

Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Jonae1: 8:55pm On Oct 05, 2014
The newly crowned Miss Mozambique 2014

1 Like

Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by warrior01: 9:13pm On Oct 05, 2014
Pls, Op, apart from the capital, is there other places there that has some semblance of development? Just curious
Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Jonae1: 9:43pm On Oct 05, 2014
warrior01:
Pls, Op, apart from the capital, is there other places there that has some semblance of development? Just curious

Well, as you can clearly see, they are currently building a brand new city which is not something many African countries can/are do/doing.

You have to remember that this country experienced a 20 year civil war which ended in 1992 which made it the poorest country in the world. Moreover, they are not exporting any energy resource unlike Nigeria or Angola or Equatorial Guinea.

I find their development progesss to be very complimentary.

They are also currently improving their infrastructure on transportation such as rails, roads, airports, as well as Public Health, Education and Retail - Shopping malls, in other cities as well.

So before you want to start comparing, it will be good to consider some things. This country has been through hell and they are doing a good job - better than most African countries.

9 Likes

Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Jonae1: 1:34am On Oct 06, 2014
SmellMyFart:
Are their ladies as hot as brazilian ladies? Just curious

Miss Mozambique contestants

Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Jonae1: 1:46am On Oct 06, 2014
Twin Towers currently under construction in Maputo. The building will have 40 floors and will include offices, condos, and retail

Business towers currently under construction in Maputo. oFFICES, and Real Estate development

2 Likes

Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Jonae1: 1:52am On Oct 06, 2014
Rani Towers in Maputo is currently under construction. Mixed used development with 20 floors

[img]http://www.mmegi.bw/2013_website/content/mmegi/medium_php4B5B.tmp.jpg[/img]
Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Qelvin(m): 2:05am On Oct 06, 2014
seems I have been sleeping on Mozambique babes sha,exquisite sceneries btw
Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Jonae1: 2:22am On Oct 06, 2014

1 Like

Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Jonae1: 2:23am On Oct 06, 2014
Qelvin:
seems I have been sleeping on Mozambique babes sha,exquisite sceneries btw

wink
Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Jonae1: 2:35am On Oct 06, 2014
The Maputo Waterfront Project which has just recently gone under constuction. The development will include offices, condos and shopping malls.

They destroyed the previous old development in order to start working on the waterfront development
[img]http://1.bp..com/-6Tw0G_B09Qw/Tvhdu5ZfTYI/AAAAAAAAE3k/8p1kQ_6aj9s/s1600/PC221503.JPG[/img]

1 Like

Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Jonae1: 2:41am On Oct 06, 2014
The newly built airport in the city of Nacala. Nacala is another city which is getting so many infrastructure projects from roads, malls, office to real estate. That city is booming with development. This airport will be an international airport once it is finished.

2 Likes

Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Jonae1: 3:31am On Oct 06, 2014
City Mall in Maputo. This is going to be the largest mall in Mozambique and one of the largest on the African continent. They say it is being constructed on the outskirts of the capital.

It is due to be completed by 2016

2 Likes

Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Descartes: 3:38am On Oct 06, 2014
Wow !!! Keep it up jonae1. Good to know that Mozambique is a blessed country. cool

7 Likes

Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 06, 2014
Impressed.
How are foreigners treated there especially blacks?
Tell us more about the economy

2 Likes

Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Jonae1: 4:39pm On Oct 06, 2014
phantonce:
Impressed.
How are foreigners treated there especially blacks?
Tell us more about the economy

Phantonce, in all honesty, I am too lazy to go into details grin but its economy is one of the fastest growing in the world. The global recession did not affect its growth and its currency value is one of the strongest on the African continent.

In a couple of years, the country will start producing natural gas which will further boost its growth. It is one of the countries to look-out-for in the near future.

5 Likes

Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 06, 2014
CNN will never show you this.

7 Likes

Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 06, 2014
Jonae1:

Phantonce, in all honesty, I am too lazy to go into details grin but its economy is one of the fastest growing in the world. The global recession did not affect its growth and its currency is one of the strongest on the African continent.

In a couple of years, the country will start producing natural gas which will further boost its growth. It is one of the countries to look-out-for in the near future.

phucking says who?? mozambique (like 4yrs back) was the poorest country in the world. So tell me bro, which economy are you talking about?

According to United Nation's 2011 Human Development Report, Mozambique is the fourth poorest country in the world.
Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 06, 2014
Where is the development? Only thing I like about other African countries is that they take it easy on life.

Nigeria has become like America in recent years; you must hustle round the clock to stay above water.

3 Likes

Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Jonae1: 4:50pm On Oct 06, 2014
ROSSIKE:
CNN will never show you this.

undecided Sad. However, I will also like other news medium that publicize development in Nigeria, South Africa, Ghana, Angola e.t.c to also focus on Mozambique. Not too many know there is something going on in this country. Some people still assume they are still in a civil war.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 06, 2014
Jonae1:

Phantonce, in all honesty, I am too lazy to go into details grin but its economy is one of the fastest growing in the world. The global recession did not affect its growth and its currency value is one of the strongest on the African continent.

Dnt worry, i'll google it myself but any country that didn't feel the effect of global recession isn't economically buoyant
The ladies look catchy and eye bulging ....hope all ladies there look like that?
Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Jonae1: 4:55pm On Oct 06, 2014
20pounds:
Where is the development? Only thing I like about other African countries is that they take it easy on life.

Nigeria has become like America in recent years; you must hustle round the clock to stay above water.

In regards to your question:grin Do not make me laugh with your query.

In response to your second statement:Nothing comes easy in life. One of the reasons Europe is in a crisis is due to their lackadaisical culture.
Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Jonae1: 4:58pm On Oct 06, 2014
phantonce:

Dnt worry, i'll google it myself but any country that didn't feel the effect of global recession isn't economically buoyant

The ladies look catchy and eye bulging ....hope all ladies there look like that?

hmm shocked, Last time i checked, the global recession did not affect countries like Germany and Swiss. Same goes for Angola and Rwanda.

3 Likes

Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Jonae1: 5:10pm On Oct 06, 2014
himkers:

phucking says who?? mozambique (like 4yrs back) was the poorest country in the world. So tell me bro, which economy are you talking about?

According to United Nation's 2011 Human Development Report, Mozambique is the fourth poorest country in the world.

Mozambique was the poorest country in the world in 1992 due to not only one but two civil wars. In addition, the effects of floods and bankruptcy impeded the country from developing in the 90's which left the country in an abysmal state. The country during that era was literally relying on donors to support itself. The rise in the economy was provenance from the former president, Joaquim Chissano who stabilized the political climate of the country and opened its doors to foreign investment.

There is no denying that this country is one of the world's poorest (though it is NOT the fourth poorest like you claim) but its rate of development surpasses most African countries. Please, let me reiterate that this country does not export energy resources. The fact is that this country is developing much better than most African countries and if you follow the news, you would have been aware that it is one of the fastest growing economies in the world according to economists and statisticians. Please update yourself. wink

3 Likes

Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 06, 2014
Jonae1:

hmm shocked, Last time i checked, the global recession did not affect countries like Germany and Swiss. Same goes for Angola and Rwanda.
Angola and rwanda are nt economically buoyant.
Switzerland is a financial and service based economy.As long as our leaders continue to loot to swiss,they will be doing fine and they use human labour for virtually everything thereby creating more jobs for them.
That's wat u.a.e is working towards now.
I really dnt know about germany.
Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Jonae1: 5:28pm On Oct 06, 2014
phantonce:

Angola and rwanda are nt economically buoyant.
Switzerland is a financial and service based economy.As long as our leaders continue to loot to swiss,they will be doing fine and they use human labour for virtually everything thereby creating more jobs for them.
That's wat u.a.e is working towards now.
I really dnt know about germany.

Please elucidate for me if you don't mind

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Army Will Continue To Use Made-in-aba Products – COAS / 2019: Southern PDP Chieftains Float New Group / APC NWC Meeting: Deputy National Chairman, Kyari Presiding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.