Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,239 members, 7,807,805 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:34 PM

Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa (13370 Views)

Solomon Dalung On Facility Inspection In Brazil - Photos / FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil / Maputo, Mozambique - A City Recovers From 40 Yr Civil War - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 06, 2014
Jonae1:

Please elucidate for me if you don't mind
In terms of relevance to the economy of theworld,angola and rwanda has little or no effect.
A collapse of these countries economy wnt affect anyone except it's citizen.
I read on NL recently about angola's fast economic development wich we both know is because of there increase exploration of oil making them the highest producer in africa but does it's citizen feel the change?
Though i hardly read.or hear about these countries, I usually still tink they are still at war esp rwanda.
Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Jonae1: 5:48pm On Oct 06, 2014
Culture of Maputo
Some restaurants and bars in Maputo

Restaurante Marnabrasa in Maputo

1 Like

Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Jonae1: 5:49pm On Oct 06, 2014
Culture of Maputo
Some restaurants and bars in Maputo

Bar 1908 in Maputo

Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Jonae1: 5:50pm On Oct 06, 2014
phantonce:

In terms of relevance to the economy of theworld,angola and rwanda has little or no effect.
A collapse of these countries economy wnt affect anyone except it's citizen.
I read on NL recently about angola's fast economic development wich we both know is because of there increase exploration of oil making them the highest producer in africa but does it's citizen feel the change?
Though i hardly read.or hear about these countries, I usually still tink they are still at war esp rwanda.

ok thank you it makes sense
Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 06, 2014
Jonae1:

ok thank you it makes sense
You are welcome.
Are u from mozambique?
Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Jonae1: 6:00pm On Oct 06, 2014
Culture in Maputo

Taoas Bar in Maputo

Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Jonae1: 6:01pm On Oct 06, 2014
phantonce:

You are welcome.
Are u from mozambique?

No, I am Nigerian American. I just really appreciate the progress of this country considering its difficulties

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Jonae1: 6:05pm On Oct 06, 2014
Culture of Maputo

Zambi Restaurant in Maputo

Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 06, 2014
Jonae1:

No, I am Nigerian American. I just really appreciate the progress of this country considering its difficulties
Considering the way you are "showcasing " them, I sure thought u are a mozambiqean.
Did u travelled there recently?
Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Jonae1: 6:12pm On Oct 06, 2014
phantonce:

Considering the way you are "showcasing " them, I sure thought u are a mozambiqean.
Did u travelled there recently?

Yes I have. It is good to be exposed to what other Africans are up to and not only Ghana, South Africa and others as some of us are accustomed to.

3 Likes

Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Donmarrius: 6:21pm On Oct 06, 2014
Jonae1:

''Because the country and its people have a Latin American flair''. From their culture to their diversity. It is like a Brazil in Africa.

''Because the country and its people have a Latin American flair''.

The stupidity of black man!.
When will Africans learn to be themselves?.
When are we going to be proud of our color and heritage and culture,and stop this stupid flair of a thing?.

@topic;
please,development doesn't mean building big houses,that ordinary citizen of Mozambique cant ordinarily access.
Please,show me pictures of good roads,good health care facilities,clean bore-holes,good markets and schools,etc.these are the primary needs of an average human being,with Africans and Mozambicans(quans) not being exceptional.

Africa must learn to prioritize their common needs.

Please don't get me wrong!.
Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 06, 2014
Jonae1:

Yes I have. It is good to be exposed to what other Africans are up to and not only Ghana, South Africa and others as some of us are accustomed to.
And I assumed you are impressed.
Its fun traveling around the world but ur purse might not support it.
Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by peleson: 6:34pm On Oct 06, 2014
And one of the power house of africa is sleeping encouraging slum everywhere! I tell u, many states budgets in Nigeria surpass that of mozambique as a country but u can't see what they governors do with the money. Constituency projects that all them law makers collect, senators, house of reps, state house of assembly, we do not see what they do with them. Nobody is developing new cities in this slum country n the south south has not deem it fit to create about 4 modern cities with all the oil money! I think the citizens should start gunning down all these thieves called politicians n political office holders

3 Likes

Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Jonae1: 6:35pm On Oct 06, 2014
Donmarrius:

''Because the country and its people have a Latin American flair''.

The stupidity of black man!.
When will Africans learn to be themselves?.
When are we going to be proud of our color and heritage and culture,and stop this stupid flair of a thing?.

@topic;
please,development doesn't mean building big houses,that ordinary citizen of Mozambique cant ordinarily access.
Please,show me pictures of good roads,good health care facilities,clean bore-holes,good markets and schools,etc.these are the primary needs of an average human being,with Africans and Mozambicans(quans) not being exceptional.

Africa must learn to prioritize their common needs.

Please don't get me wrong!.

I did not conclude it was; maybe you should peruse the thread to help squash your assumption. The purpose of this thread was to showcase a different side of Africa that is not Anglo-Saxon. It is beneficial to be aware of what is going on. That is all!

3 Likes

Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Unemadu: 6:54pm On Oct 06, 2014
Op this looks good. I like to see African countries making progress.

I see that southern african countries are moving faster than west and east africa in terms of development.

But u just showed the upper class expatriate side.

Can we see the average Maputo?

1 Like

Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Jonae1: 7:05pm On Oct 06, 2014
Unemadu:
Op this looks good. I like to see African countries making progress.

I see that southern african countries are moving faster than west and east africa in terms of development.

But u just showed the upper class expatriate side.

Can we see the average Maputo?

These are NOT expatriates but middle income Mozambicans. It is true that most Mozambicans are poor but if you are familiar with Mozambique's history you will be impressed with how far this country has come. Turn the time to a decade ago,this country never had all these amenities you are seeing now. The country was was in total destitute. It was named as a failed state by international agencies but look at the country now. To add to that, this country is NOT exporting any oil. A lesson for others to diversify their economies and stop relying on a primary source.

2 Likes

Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Unemadu: 7:17pm On Oct 06, 2014
Jonae1:

These are NOT expatriates but middle income Mozambicans. It is true that most Mozambicans are poor but if you are familiar with Mozambique's history you will be impressed with how far this country has come. Turn the time to a decade ago,this country never had all these amenities you are seeing now. The country was was in total destitute. It was named as a failed state by international agencies but look at the country now. To add to that, this country is NOT exporting any oil. A lesson for others to diversify their economies and stop relying on a primary source.

Ok this is good then. Maputo looks better than most african cities and this is really surprising.
Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Donmarrius: 7:42pm On Oct 06, 2014
Jonae1:

My problem with you,is when you use the word 'grow'.
If am not mistaken,'most' of the pictures here,are private investments(private sector driven),and others perharps,are projects executed under PPP/BOT.Let me say this,it is a welcomed development,but please,how is the life of an average Mozambican,in terms of availability of government institutions and its accessibilty by the masses.
You can't talk of growth,without those critical things that heralds it,such as;
Good learning facilities,for intellectual growth,Agriculture to curb hunger,and good roads to transport farm produce.You can't talk of the development of a nation,without first talking about the 'needfull'.
If you fail to provide education for your people,and build five star hotels for them in the name of 'development',all you are doing is 'producing harlots and hotel robbers'.Africa must stop Voodoo economy.

1 Like

Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by ak47mann(m): 8:15pm On Oct 06, 2014
A lot of white Portuguese are migrating to Mozambique a lot for a better life i saw it on the news cool
Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Jonae1: 8:37pm On Oct 06, 2014
Donmarrius:
My problem with you,is when you use the word 'grow'.
If am not mistaken,'most' of the pictures here,are private investments(private sector driven),and others perharps,are projects executed under PPP/BOT.Let me say this,it is a welcomed development,but please,how is the life of an average Mozambican,in terms of availability of government institutions and its accessibilty by the masses.
You can't talk of growth,without those critical things that heralds it,such as;
Good learning facilities,for intellectual growth,Agriculture to curb hunger,and good roads to transport farm produce.You can't talk of the development of a nation,without first talking about the 'needfull'.
If you fail to provide education for your people,and build five star hotels for them in the name of 'development',all you are doing is 'producing harlots and hotel robbers'.Africa must stop Voodoo economy.

Ok Boss. I understand where you are coming from.
Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Jonae1: 10:03pm On Oct 06, 2014
The Mozambican government has plans to construct 10 new airports in the country (YES!, I said 10). Two new airports have already built and one new international airport is currently under construction in another city.

This is the new airport for the capital, Maputo. The Mozambican government still has plans to expand this airport

Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by htconeline: 11:00pm On Oct 06, 2014
Am see only white pipo please we to see area were black pipo gather.
Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Jonae1: 11:22pm On Oct 06, 2014
htconeline:
Am see only white pipo please we to see area were black pipo gather.

They are not socially segregated like in South Africa. When you go to an event, you will find Mozambicans of different races mingling together. I was oblivious to the fact that I was posting a certain group of people. Anyways here are young Black Mozambicans

1 Like

Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by redsun(m): 12:13am On Oct 07, 2014
Some of these African countries are quietly undergoing some monumental and futuristics projects that are almost exclusively managed by indigenous experts. Ethoopia and Sudan are at the moment maximizing the power of the Nile in their quest for developments,economic and social independence. They are beginning to ask the fundamental question of who actually owns the Nile and of what use could it be to thebpeople?

3 Likes

Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Horus(m): 12:25am On Oct 07, 2014
Thank you Jonae1 for starting this thread, the pictures are very nice

2 Likes

Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Horus(m): 12:37am On Oct 07, 2014

Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Horus(m): 12:45am On Oct 07, 2014

Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Horus(m): 12:54am On Oct 07, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Jonae1: 12:59am On Oct 07, 2014
Horus:
Thank you Jonae1 for starting this thread, the pictures are very nice

You're welcome Horus cheesy
Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Horus(m): 1:01am On Oct 07, 2014

Maputo Uptown zone

Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Horus(m): 1:07am On Oct 07, 2014

Swedish embassy

1 Like

Re: Maputo - Mozambique, The Brazil Of Africa by Horus(m): 1:16am On Oct 07, 2014

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Amina Mohammed Reveals Secrets To Her Success / Hon. Independence Ogunewe: Incalculable Loss To Nigeria's Democracy And Imolites / Nkechi Nwogu: Abia State Is Rotten Under PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.