Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,367 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:02 AM

How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. (8610 Views)

What The Hell Happened To Nland Today (12-05-2010)? / How To Post Links On Nland / Most Mysterious Girl On Nland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by Nobody: 10:52pm On Oct 05, 2014
Tallesty1:
Someone once told me that people that attack you online without any good reason are mostly the ones that are not happy in real life.

I dunno how true

God bless you for this post.
I can guarantee you it's very true...I once commented on a post and 1 guy jumped on my comment and called me a c*nt and he pities my husband. I was wondering what brought about that and even involved my innocent husband in the post.
When I checked out his page...I saw he was trying to run(running) a Msc programme - then I wondered how the nation can get any better : if a graduate can reason like that. I also discovered he frequents this page on 'lovers of WEED'...then I understood his case...lol.

I bet you - no human, that went to school and the school passed through him/her...would come to NL and be insulting people about - no matter what.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by MizMyColi(f): 10:57pm On Oct 05, 2014
[size=4pt]cc: Temigracie, Tallesty1, Chibwike[/size]

So, I'm here thinking, more like doing a reminiscing of sorts.

On Nairaland, how many times have we casually expressed an opinion (especially concerning an individual) without stopping to think of the damage or good it might do them in the long run?

The events of this night has opened my mind to new perspectives.
I asked Father to help me say and do the right thing.
I was willing to let go of my opinion or thoughts on the matter.

I believe that whatever I'll write henceforth is inspired.

I took a brief time out, while going through the posts on that thread to take stock of Mizmycoli on Nairaland (A faceless community, or so they think)

Have I been more a blessing to people than a pain in the butt?
Have my words torn people down, instead of building them up?
Am I the reason, that future Chinua Achebe or Chimamanda decided to give up on his/her dreams, because of that tad bit insensitive comment that I made?
What legacy am I building on here?
If I leave Nairaland tomorrow, what would I be remembered for?

I may have brought joy and smiles to a lot of people on here, but it hurts me deeply to know that I might have been the reason a young man decides to give up on his dream.

I want to take to take this time out to apologize to Fabiano09.
For the insensitive comment I made.

I want to apologize to everyone out there whom I might have hurt or scarred in one way or another, by my actions or by my in actions.
I'm sorry.

Please forgive me.
Give me grace.

It gets better, for all of us.
#Bless
#Peace

1 Like

Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by chibwike(m): 11:00pm On Oct 05, 2014
MizMyColi:
[size=4pt]cc: Temigracie, Tallesty1, Chibwike[/size]

So, I'm here thinking, more like doing a reminiscing of sorts.

On Nairaland, how many times have we casually expressed an opinion (especially concerning an individual) without stopping to think of the damage or good it might do them in the long run?

The events of this night has opened my mind to new perspectives.
I asked Father to help me say and do the right thing.
I was willing to let go of my opinion or thoughts on the matter.

I believe that whatever I'll write henceforth is inspired.

I took a brief time out, while going through the posts on that thread to take stock of Mizmycoli on Nairaland (A faceless community, or so they think)

Have I been more a blessing to people than a pain in the butt?
Have my words torn people down, instead of building them up?
Am I the reason, that future Chinua Achebe or Chimamanda decided to give up on his/her dreams, because of that tad bit insensitive comment that I made?
What legacy am I building on here?
If I leave Nairaland tomorrow, what would I be remembered for?

I may have brought joy and smiles to a lot of people on here, but it hurts me deeply to know that I might have been the reason a young man decides to give up on his dream.

I want to apologize to everyone out there whom I might have hurt or scarred in one way or another, by my actions or by my in actions.
I'm sorry.

Please forgive me.
Give me grace.

It gets better, for all of us.
#Bless
#Peace
It cud neva get beta....that apology shows class.

1 Like

Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by Nobody: 11:04pm On Oct 05, 2014
chibwike:
Abi..am happy for u too..oya go and get ready for work tommorow
Ok Sire. Good night.
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by Nobody: 11:11pm On Oct 05, 2014
@MizMyColi......Thumbs up!....
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by AfricanApple(f): 11:42pm On Oct 05, 2014
especially those ones that cannot argue, just becos ur opinion is opposite of the other they start calling u names and that word 'immature'
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by Tallesty1(m): 6:45am On Oct 06, 2014
AfricanApple:
especially those ones that cannot argue, just becos ur opinion is opposite of the other they start calling u names and that word 'immature'

In my own dictionary, "Immature" is a word that "sadists" and boring people use to describe fun-loving people.

1 Like

Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by mesoade(m): 7:51am On Oct 06, 2014
Even this very yesterday i posted on a thread on "things you shouldn't apologise for on NL".. .and what i actually posted was "i don't have to apologise for booking this space" . . The next thing i Got a mention and the guy termed me a bastard and i replied "thanks,u don't have to apologise for this" .
I guess it'll end up making him feel like a fool
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by KelvinGraphics(m): 8:26am On Oct 06, 2014
naijaboiy:
What do you do to those who are hell-bent on bringing out that other side of you?

Because there are some fools that will ne'er rest till you engage them in a bout undecided
If they have pushed U xo much that U kant hold it anymore, u better just walk away OR if u must hit back, use funny smiley in ur post or make ur post hard i.e the one dat would affect d e-diot 4 d rest of his e-life and real lifecheesy but it should be funny kindagrin try it and see how confused d person will get instantly kuz he wont know if U are serious or just joking...
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by AfricanApple(f): 8:33am On Oct 06, 2014
Tallesty1:
In my own dictionary, "Immature" is a word that "sadists" and boring people use to describe fun-loving people.
then I guess we have a lots of saddist on nl. I use to think its more of yaba left tenants
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by KelvinGraphics(m): 8:40am On Oct 06, 2014
Tallesty1:
Someone once told me that people that attack you online without any good reason are mostly the ones that are not happy in real life.

I dunno how true
Very true bro...

I once commented/asked a guy a question on one NL thread sometimes ago and one e-diot just stumbled 4rm no where to tell me not to comment on that thread that she has seen my Grafik designz, dat she would use them against me. Like seriously??shockedshocked xo people are still dis dumb and frustrated in dis new century?? Wetin concern sexuality thread and Graphics?? And dis is sum1 i have neva seen nor heard her moniker on NL b4 then, not lyk we had any beef whatsoever.... But after running a scan on her posts i discovered that she is just one of those frustrated things that roam abt NL like normal beingz xo i no kum vex againgrin but i did hit back at her then o just 4 schooling purpose shacheesygrin
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by Nobody: 8:47am On Oct 06, 2014
hensben:
bro chill! nor take everything here serious....i have surf for the thread(the girl) n i must say its like they really planned you...most of them are e-friends with their reply grin
Bygones man,i appreciate tho. tanx
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by Nobody: 8:55am On Oct 06, 2014
Hmmmm. I avoid anything that will make anybody pick on me and so far I've returned insult just once since I joined this forum and I don't plan to again.

I've noticed some people insult without reason, some just decides to pick on people maybe just because they feel like insulting and so on. I'm a very emotional person and I worry a lot so I mind my business and I also watch what I post. I don't know what goes on with people behind their monikers, its just the moniker I see so I stay on my own.

Nice tips op, I will sure keep them in mind.
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by nickz(m): 9:03am On Oct 06, 2014
general service announcement:

keep away from khaleesilipsrsealed
i saw a thread on pet section

that girl can insult your destiny cheesygrin

1 Like

Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by Nobody: 9:13am On Oct 06, 2014
MizMyColi:
[size=4pt]

Please forgive me.
Give me grace.

Apology accepted,i also apologise for my insensitivities,we are all fallible,so Sorry for the attacks. peace

2 Likes

Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by chibwike(m): 9:21am On Oct 06, 2014
fabiano09:

Apology accepted,i also apologise for my insensitivities,we are all fallible,so Sorry for the attacks. peace
Boss
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 06, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

God bless you for this post.
I can guarantee you it's very true...I once commented on a post and 1 guy jumped on my comment
I apologised to you initially,so I dont know y ur hell bent on feuding with me,u kip going tru my posts,i dont knw wat u tink u wana achieve,i will not apologise for being myself,and i will neva compromise on pple dt kip on ridiculing oda pple,see lemme tell u,my life is open,i am hapi,i am successful,i dont care wat u tink abt me cuz in a million years it will neva matter,my activities on nl is an extension of who i am in d real world,i do not fake my life. Now i know y i keep getn into fights wit ur kind,cuz i cant stand bullies n E- gangs dt prey on innocent nairalanders,you all knw yrselves n wen 1 comments,u see d odas running along to defend n attack pple. Since u decided to bring up my activities,i will mk it clear to u,in real life u can not measure up to me,infact nairaland mks it possible to mingle wit ur type,i know myself,do u know urself? You claim am running my Msc,and i smoke weed too,yea,am nt ashamed,i can fund my lifestyle and it doesnt deter me frm being successful. You a married girl dt keeps on behavin childishly here,cuz some guys are patronizing u n u tink ur a Queen or sumtin,u and ur E-buddies hv fun laughing at a girl half ur age cuz she uploaded pictures of herself and her mum n u call urself mature,shame on you!. As they say,abeg dey ur lane mk i dey mine.

2 Likes

Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by Nobody: 9:55am On Oct 06, 2014
fabiano09:

I apologised to you initially,so I dont know y ur hell bent on feuding with me,u kip going tru my posts,i dont knw wat u tink u wana achieve,i will not apologise for being myself,and i will neva compromise on pple dt kip on ridiculing oda pple,see lemme tell u,my life is open,i am hapi,i am successful,i dont care wat u tink abt me cuz in a million years it will neva matter,my activities on nl is an extension of who i am in d real world,i do not fake my life. Now i know y i keep getn into fights wit ur kind,cuz i cant stand bullies n E- gangs dt prey on innocent nairalanders,you all knw yrselves n wen 1 comments,u see d odas running along to defend n attack pple. Since u decided to bring up my activities,i will mk it clear to u,in real life u can not measure up to me,infact nairaland mks it possible to mingle wit ur type,i know myself,do u know urself? You claim am running my Msc,and i smoke weed too,yea,am nt ashamed,i can fund my lifestyle and it doesnt deter me frm being successful. You a married girl dt keeps on behavin childishly here,cuz some guys are patronizing u n u tink ur a Queen or sumtin,u and ur E-buddies hv fun laughing at a girl half ur age cuz she uploaded pictures of herself and her mum n u call urself mature,shame on you!. As they say,abeg dey ur lane mk i dey mine.

lol...I would be a liar if I say I can remember you're the same person via your username.
I can only remember the incident - but definitely not the username. I only went through ur post that day - and that's all. So pls swerve sweetie.
You just dey bring out your character and I just dey watch u - the mature one grin
Sorry to disapoint you...I don't prey on people and ma e-buddies can attest to that. pls can you bring the link to that post - so everyone can see for themselves.

Sweetie...pls smoke some weed... kiss

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 06, 2014
KelvinGraphics:

If they have pushed U xo much that U kant hold it anymore, u better just walk away OR if u must hit back, use funny smiley in ur post or make ur post hard i.e the one dat would affect d e-diot 4 d rest of his e-life and real lifecheesy but it should be funny kindagrin try it and see how confused d person will get instantly kuz he wont know if U are serious or just joking...

hahahahahaha...you sabi the thing guy. then they come with that immature shiii...like they are any better
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 06, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

lol...I would be a liar if I say I can remember you're the same person via your username.
I can only remember the incident - but definitely not the username. I only went through ur post that day - and that's all. So pls swerve sweetie.
You just dey bring out your character and I just dey watch u - the mature one grin
Sorry to disapoint you...I don't prey on people and ma e-buddies can attest to that. pls can you bring the link to that post - so everyone can see for themselves.

Yea thank you,do your thing too. Adios
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by naijaboiy: 10:14am On Oct 06, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

#Yawns
Una just dey disturb my sleep with una too much talk this morning angry

Madam Goodmorning
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by naijaboiy: 10:16am On Oct 06, 2014
KelvinGraphics:

True talk bro...

Some people don't really deserve your silence,,sometimes you need to tongue lash them small to put them back in place...

But in a clever and tactical manner tho smiley
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 06, 2014
naijaboiy:

#Yawns
Una just dey disturb my sleep with una too much talk this morning angry

Madam Goodmorning

same way we disturbed your sleep that day ba?
Goodmorning kiss
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by KelvinGraphics(m): 10:42am On Oct 06, 2014
naijaboiy:

True talk bro...

Some people don't really deserve your silence,,sometimes you need to tongue lash them small to put them back in place...

But in a clever and tactical manner tho smiley
Ma G na xo o

Dat cool headed/quiet dude/lady wey u dey see dat U may think wont hit back when attacked is a human being o... E get as e go hot reach mehn him go fire back... i do ignore some silly attacks or i just turn them into joke and make d attacker feel miserable at d end but do treat xum case instantly as e dey hot...

Take Notorious B.I.G and 2pac 4 example, when 2pac hitted him up d niggah kept his cool, tried ignoring d guy and tried making peace kuz they were gud friends but d blast kept coming and BIG had to let it out kuz he couldnt bear it anymore.

If U no school some people here on NL in a hard way them no go learn/respect U... I dnt kall it replying an attack, i call it Schooling.grin

4 Likes

Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by Crocz(m): 10:53am On Oct 06, 2014
Warris all dis?...why's everybody in a state of exasperation?...if somebody tries to exercabate you, all you have to do is keep your indignant at amity so that it won't lead you to a tumultuous reaction...but some dudes can be convulsive atimes grin

Due to a sadly cronking state of the Nigerian economy, most people are a volcano waiting to erupt a gigantic enigmatic doom upon the slightest provocation...but if everybody were to be in this kind of acrimony, there will be no chance for armistice!...pacification is the way forward!!!

Capish! cheesy

Hehehe...pls, where can I buy panodol? cry *sigh*

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by naijaboiy: 10:56am On Oct 06, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

same way we disturbed your sleep that day ba?
Goodmorning kiss
Erm which day?
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by naijaboiy: 10:56am On Oct 06, 2014
Crocz:
Warris all dis?...why's everybody being in a state of exasperation?...if somebody tries to exercabate you, all you have to do is keep your indignant at amity so that it won't lead you to a tumultuous reaction...but some dudes can be convulsive sometimes grin

Due to a sadly cronking state of the Nigerian economy, most people are a volcano waiting to erupt a gigantic enigmatic doom upon the slightest provocation...but if everybody were to be in this kind of acrimony, there will be no chance for armistice!...pacification is the way forward!!!

Capish! cheesy

*Closes dictionary*

CLAP!! CLAP!! CLAP!!
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by KelvinGraphics(m): 10:58am On Oct 06, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

hahahahahaha...you sabi the thing guy. then they come with that immature shiii...like they are any better
My dear na xo oo...
Its difficult to be a complete gentle man here on NL... Lai lai
Xum people are meant to be ignored why some needs to be schoold in a hard way... Kuz most time d schooling does help, it shuts them up 4eva depending on d weight of ur hit cheesygrin
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by Crocz(m): 10:59am On Oct 06, 2014
naijaboiy:

*Closes dictionary*

CLAP!! CLAP!! CLAP!!

Lolz...cheesy
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by nickz(m): 11:46am On Oct 06, 2014
Crocz:
Warris all dis?...why's everybody being in a state of exasperation?...if somebody tries to exercabate you, all you have to do is keep your indignant at amity so that it won't lead you to a tumultuous reaction...but some dudes can be convulsive sometimes grin

Capish! cheesy

with all this bros
i recommend PANADOL EXTRAgrincheesy
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by Crocz(m): 12:11pm On Oct 06, 2014
nickz:
with all this bros
i recommend PANADOL EXTRAgrincheesy

Lolz...panadol extra "the original"?...hard to get these days, so happens that my friend Chukwudi owns a mini-factory making panadol extra too at Aba cheesy
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by ggrin(f): 1:26pm On Oct 06, 2014
nickz:
general service announcement:

keep away from khaleesilipsrsealed
i saw a thread on pet section

that girl can insult your destiny cheesygrin
undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

*****HOLD YOUR BREATH LADIES & GENTS, Latest Pics Of Mr Nigeria 2009***** / Famous Brazilian Butt Model Is Now Rotting From Botched Thigh Injections / Cash Register Distributor In NIgeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.