Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

Top 10 Most Read Books In The World - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 10 Most Read Books In The World (10950 Views)

JAMB Cutoff Mark Is Out: See 10 Most Sought After Universities / 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria / 10 Most Extreme Body Part in the world!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by tonychristopher: 5:46am On Oct 06, 2014
oluwato69sin:
Read harry potter ,da Vinci ,,angels and demons. ,,Kai those were classy books

They books fit the kids they are fictions

Matured mind read historic and realist books

Not one magic book

Just like DA Vinci code and the other book by dan brown called symbol ...just fictions

Attacking catholic
Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by Nobody: 5:50am On Oct 06, 2014
It is an obvious bias. The Qur'an rarely comes without the original Arabic text, the reason for this we all know.

adioolayi:

In my opinion... Not everyone can read the Quran as it is written in Arabic, although there is translation in English.....It is preferable to learn the Arabic way.

This is invalid, whether in Chinese or Constapatese, the Qur'an is the Qur'an. More so, are you implying you dont know the Bible was only translated to English? And that the various other versions in other languages make the quoted count?

It is mallice, it takes nothing away from the Islam.

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by Harkanni1(m): 5:59am On Oct 06, 2014
Where is 'Ogboju ode ninu igbo irunmole?
Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by Nobody: 6:28am On Oct 06, 2014
olukenzo:
It is an obvious bias. The Qur'an rarely comes without the original Arabic text, the reason for this we all know.

This is invalid, whether in Chinese or Constapatese, the Qur'an is the Qur'an. More so, are you implying you dont know the Bible was only translated to English? And that the various other versions in other languages make the quoted count?

Well, u re right, d Bible was translated to English so we all can av access 2 it￴. BIBLE has bin translated to many languages both in print nd online so everyone can understand it without havin to learn some foreign language, y cnt we say d same about d quran?
Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by Lordave: 6:31am On Oct 06, 2014
tonychristopher:
You people are busy arguing about Koran...a book that is only wriiten on one funny language and bizarre characters and its funny

Muslim can be nasty ....I have asked a Muslim to give me an English version of that book for a year now to read and he has been avoiding that

But bible is everyday and in every language for easier access cos our God understands every lngauge cos he created it

Buy Allah hmmmm he only understands Arabic and seems deaf to other language

Wish muslin luck

No wonder they are converting to Christianity ..the few reasonable ones doesn't won't to miserable buy acceptable ..they become Christians

Who wants to be a terrorist anyway
You are not making total sense!

Are you aware of the number of people that owns a Quran in Nigeria alone?

Virtually every muslim owns a Quran and language has for once never been a barrier.

Do you know how many people that speak arabic?

Islam is the second most popular religion in the world and so it is to their holy book

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by Nobody: 6:37am On Oct 06, 2014
Ellemuah:

Well, u re right, d Bible was translated to English so we all can av access 2 it￴. BIBLE has bin translated to many languages both in print nd online so everyone can understand it without havin to learn some foreign language, y cnt we say d same about d quran?

Your comment is borne out of ignorance. The Qu'ran is translated to so many languages, including Hausa and Yoruba, and it is widely available on and offline. I even alluded to this in the post you quoted.

Enough of this, like I said, the recognition or otherwise of the reach of the Qur'an by some people does not take away anything from Islam.

@OP, I have read 1, 3, 4, 6.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by tonychristopher: 6:42am On Oct 06, 2014
Lordave:
You are not making total sense!

Are you aware of the number of people that owns a Quran in Nigeria alone?

Virtually every muslim owns a Quran and language has for once never been a barrier.

Do you know how many people that speak arabic?

Islam is the second most popular religion in the world and so it is to their holy book

So. Thank Lord you said second
Are you not ashamed that you pray to your god in Arabic as an African

You should be ashamed that your language is too impure to be used as a mode of prayer

That's is the height of inferiority complex

You can't even read your so called koran in your own language

Shame on Islam and African Muslim ..they re bunch of disgrace and disappointing people

5 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by Lordave: 6:48am On Oct 06, 2014
tonychristopher:

You should be ashamed that your language is too impure to be used as a mode of prayer

Shame on Islam and African Muslim ..they re bunch of disgrace and disappointing people
Totally out of point!

When did I tell you that I'm a muslim?

Nevertheless, there is no good religion
Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by dynamo77(m): 6:48am On Oct 06, 2014
tonychristopher:
You people are busy arguing about Koran...a book that is only wriiten on one funny language and bizarre characters and its funny

Muslim can be nasty ....I have asked a Muslim to give me an English version of that book for a year now to read and he has been avoiding that

But bible is everyday and in every language for easier access cos our God understands every lngauge cos he created it

Wish muslin luck

No wonder they are converting to Christianity ..the few reasonable ones doesn't won't to miserable buy acceptable ..they become Christians

SORRY
Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by Nobody: 6:51am On Oct 06, 2014
olukenzo:

Your comment is borne out of ignorance. The Qu'ran is translated to so many languages, including Hausa and Yoruba, and it is widely available on and offline. I even alluded to this in the post you quoted.

Saw nofin like that, u said ''bible'', anyways, dnt know mch about quran but i know its popularly recited in Arabic here in Nigeria.
Its just funny wen i see muslims force their kids to mosque jz to learn d language (i av seen pple beat deir kids to mosque in d evening, av bin to d mosque wen i was young nd i was suprised d cleric uses cane on d kids) all dis jz 4 a forieign language? wen it can be easily read in english/yoruba or any other language d person understands. since it has￲ bin translated to english nd yoruba, y cnt dey use d yoruba version in mosques since most muslims in Nigeria are yorubas? Or what? They believe Allah will answer/accept deir prayers faster wen recited in arabics?

**MODIFIED**

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by espn(m): 7:05am On Oct 06, 2014
tonychristopher:

Wish muslin luck

wat thrash r u sayn!was d bible originally written in english!or wat poo r u sayn!it was translated because of foolsk u so dat u can easily b deceived..adulterated story book..diff books diff versions and contradicting stories..nd u r here spewing shit!u guys wif hypocricy..wher d Bleep did u get dat statistics dat dt ur book is d most read book..u guyz r gud @ deceiving urself!

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by Nobody: 7:11am On Oct 06, 2014
Ellemuah:

Saw nofin like that, u said ''bible'', anyways, dnt know mch about quran but i know its popularly recited in Arabic here in Nigeria.
Its just funny wen i see muslims force their kids to mosque jz to learn d language (i av seen pple beat deir kids to mosque in d evening, av bin to d mosque wen i was young nd i was suprised d cleric uses cane on d kids) all dis jz 4 a forieign language? wen it can be easily read in english/yoruba or any other language d person understands. since it has￲ bin translated to english, y cnt dey use dat version in mosques?

olukenzo:
This is invalid, whether in Chinese or Constapatese, the Qur'an is the Qur'an.
More so, are you implying you dont know the Bible was only translated to English? And that the various other versions in other languages make the quoted count?

So you don't miss it again, see the bolded.

The Qur'an is translated and transliterated into so many languages, I thought we cleared that? It just almost never comes without its original Arabic version/meaning --for obvious reasons.

Funny, you don't have any issue conversing with me in English which is not both of our mother tongue. I can't even begin to imagine the effort you must have put in to achieve your level of English proficiency, lol.

Anyway, the prophet was not learned (he couldn't read nor write) and Arabic was his language, so he had to be taught in Arabic. On a lighter note, I hope you won't ask me why the prophet (Peace Be Upon him) had to be Arab.

Yes, clerics in Nigeria use cane, teachers in Nigerian schools use cane...Nuff said.

I see your notice of modification. Here:

I don't know where you came about the part you wrote about most Muslims in Nigeria being Yoruba, but I doubt that.

Regardless, Arabic is the language of the prophet (PBUH), of the Qu'ran and of Islam. Hence, we all pray in unison, from Abuja to Abu Dhabi to Athens.

5 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by Itsalphaa(m): 7:15am On Oct 06, 2014
oluwato69sin:
Read harry potter ,da Vinci ,,angels and demons. ,,Kai those were classy books
Angels and demons isn't on the list sha
Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by Itsalphaa(m): 7:16am On Oct 06, 2014
philtrum:
Inferno too should be on this list ooo....
inferno was released just last yr
Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by Itsalphaa(m): 7:19am On Oct 06, 2014
Techwriter:
And where is
Purpose driven life-Rick Warren
James Hardley Chase collections
William Shakespear books
etc
Google them
yeah...purpose driven life
Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by oliidell(m): 7:22am On Oct 06, 2014
This list is faulty.

First, there books on myriad topics. Religious, academics, inspirational, history, politics, food etc. But I can only see one religious book. The holy books of Islam, Hinduism and Buddahism should have made the list.

Secondly, any book that has stayed on the academic curriculum of populous countries like China,India, Indonesia, USA, Brasil, Nigeria etc shud be on this list.

Thirdly, how come most of the books there are story books What happened to other topics, I hear cook books sell.
Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by yinkuscious(m): 7:25am On Oct 06, 2014
Smartsyn:
I have read only 5 out of the 10 and finished only 3 out of the 5...

I wish i can say the Bible, but my favorite of the once i have read is The Twilight.

But have watched all the movie adaptation of the once produced.. And my favorite movie is The Passion of Christ, culled from the Bible.
u should try and read d whole bible as well, it will help u
Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by yinkuscious(m): 7:27am On Oct 06, 2014
LogoDWhiz:
I've read 4
dats great
Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by zyzxx(m): 7:29am On Oct 06, 2014
philtrum:
Inferno too should be on this list ooo....
u try bro

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by Tolexander: 7:29am On Oct 06, 2014
tonychristopher:

this is not the reason for the thread!

You guys are just naive of the history and reformations that happened in christianity hence the silly arguments and mentality.

Do you guys know what it took to have the bible translated to many languages?

Do you know how many living bodies were burnt and dead bones scattered and pieced on river by Pope and the Roman catholics to have it translated to English and other languages?
Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by Nobody: 7:30am On Oct 06, 2014
olukenzo:

So you don't miss it again, see the bolded.

The Qur'an is translated and transliterated into so many languages, I thought we cleared that? It just almost never comes without its original Arabic version/meaning --for obvious reasons.

Funny, you don't have any issues conversing with me in English which is not both of our mother tongue. I can't even begin to imagine the effort you must have put in to achieve your level of English proficiency, lol.

Anyway, the prophet was not learned (he couldn't read or write) and Arabic was his language, so he had to be taught in Arabic. On a lighter note, I hope you won't ask me why the prophet (Peace Be Upon him) had to be Arab.

Yes, clerics in Nigeria use cane, teachers in Nigerian schools use cane...Nuff said.

U know y? We re all 4rm different tribes, yoruba, igbo, efik, hausa nd so on and english is d language we all can use to converse with each since i dnt understand oda tribes language. Here in Nigeria, English is our official language, used in institutions, job interviews nd d likes. i need that almost everywhere i go not arabic.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by yinkuscious(m): 7:31am On Oct 06, 2014
rattlesnake:
Eze goes to school nko
Eze goes to school was only read in Nigeria, lol
Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by yinkuscious(m): 7:34am On Oct 06, 2014
igbanbajo:

Even at that, the millions of Arabic native speakers and millions from Indonesia and all other countries where muslims have learnt to read it should take the Qur'an to the second position. The list is obviously biased.
if u think the list is biased, try nd google search by urself and give us a compilation of ur findings
Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by yinkuscious(m): 7:35am On Oct 06, 2014
Lordave:
OP nawa to u o!

You left the Holy Quran out? You must have been Shekaurized!

What about our primary school reader, MacMillian?
lol, MacMillian loading.........
Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by yinkuscious(m): 7:37am On Oct 06, 2014
Psalmpy:
love no 9
achebe's books unko
achebe's book was read by 11 million people
Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by Nobody: 7:43am On Oct 06, 2014
Ellemuah:

U know y? We re all 4rm differant tribes, yoruba, igbo, efik, hausa nd so on and english is d language we all can use to converse with each since i dnt understand oda tribes language. Here in Nigeria, English is our official language, used in institutions, job interviews nd d likes. i need that almost everywhere i go not arabic.

It is good to see you corroborating my point. Arabic is the official language of Islam, it unifies all Muslims from all over the world...
Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by yinkuscious(m): 7:43am On Oct 06, 2014
Harkanni1:
Where is 'Ogboju ode ninu igbo irunmole?
I think u are d only reader of dat book

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by Haywhymido(m): 7:48am On Oct 06, 2014
tonychristopher:

Wish muslin luck

if u had keep silent we wont knw u r a big phool. Are u dat poor dat u cant afford a common english quran dat u av to stoop so slow to beg for it 4 a whole year. Damn poverty is a disease. Scumsbag
Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by baba11(m): 8:33am On Oct 06, 2014
Op,I do not agree with you....are people not reading Qur'an...because of this biased rating,to me your ratings is null and void....how do you determine this rating sef.... shocked
Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by princekins(m): 8:37am On Oct 06, 2014
thanks for the info. will have to go read the number 2 most selling booking
Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by Nobody: 8:40am On Oct 06, 2014
All of d books wey get film 4 dia i dn watch am.its more interesting dat way
Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by finfol007(m): 9:08am On Oct 06, 2014
i there,fellow nurses...how was your day?
,there is a new nursing channel here on blackberry....some of you might have joined,some of you might not have...its ok....here is the channel pin. C00241581 ...(if you are not sure on what blackberry channels is all about, just click on the pin C00241581.then click join,aftrrwards check your bbm feeds/updates...u wont regeret it) this channel was created to share information about nursing and nurses which includes....regular nursing news,nursing jobs in Nigeria and abroad,nursing research,new nursing trends...e.t.c..lets together form a unified body here on bbm....
cheers({})

if the pin aint going through,try this link.... http://www.bbm.com/bbm/en/add-channel.html?bbmInviteId=C00241581

Afterward,click on open in bbm...............

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Graduated With A Pass. Is It Possible For Me To Get A Job Without Connection? / How Is FG Policy Affecting Your Children's School Choice? / PTDF SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.