Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,399 members, 7,808,431 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:51 AM

Igala Language In Anambra State. - Culture (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igala Language In Anambra State. (86595 Views)

Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Aurthur Eze In Anambra (Photos) / The Igala People In Anambra State / Why Hausa Language In Bbc, Voa, Germany Radio, China, France Anybody Know ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igala Language In Anambra State. by newreality: 10:36am On Oct 13, 2014
Am now more enlightened about the Igalas. I have never for once thought they spread beyond kogi.
I will sincerely like to thank the OP for these enlightenment and a huge eye openner. I pray the purpose of these post is achieved.

May God bless you
May God bless the Igalas and all Nigerian tribes
May God bless Nigeria, my Country
Naija 4life

3 Likes

Re: Igala Language In Anambra State. by soonest(f): 11:51am On Oct 13, 2014
Tonylyte:
When i said d oda day that the onitsha peoples are not igbos, but originated from benin, some ignorant anambra indigienes went sentimental and started insulting me. They laid claims that the onitsha people speaks igbo and go by igbo names, what has dat got to do with the fact that they(onitsha people) are not igbos?
Says who? Onitshas are of mixed heritage comprising of Igbo,bini and igala. Fact

2 Likes

Re: Igala Language In Anambra State. by Malawian(m): 12:21pm On Oct 13, 2014
soonest:

Says who? Onitshas are of mixed heritage comprising of Igbo,bini and igala. Fact
if my onitsha guy catch you saying that, ula o ga ama gi eehn, uche ezuo gi oke grin grin
Re: Igala Language In Anambra State. by Tonylyte(m): 1:34pm On Oct 13, 2014
soonest:

Atleast u accepted the bini connection in them, unlike the other igbo ignorant folks.

1 Like

Re: Igala Language In Anambra State. by Tonylyte(m): 1:36pm On Oct 13, 2014
Malawian:

if my onitsha guy catch you saying that, ula o ga ama gi eehn, uche ezuo gi oke grin grin
She is not oblivious of what she is saying....onitsha people migrated from bini.
Re: Igala Language In Anambra State. by Jomark(m): 2:05pm On Oct 13, 2014
This op is right. There ar igala ppl im anambra. Many anambra ppl migrated from igala. We are from Igbariam Anambra East LGA bt my grandma said that half of Igbariam ppl migrated from Igala....that is why that half is called Onuogwu Igala...we share historical relationship with Igala ppl

1 Like

Re: Igala Language In Anambra State. by OdenigboAroli(m): 2:15pm On Oct 13, 2014
soonest:

You are very ignorant of Onicha history....Onicha are clearly Igbos with with cultural ties from Bini and some Igala migrants. Alot of Anambra town share cultural history with Igala and Bini...In Umuoji you will hear names like Okoye-Idu,Otuo n'Igala,Agaba-Idu,Omo-ohale,Iyasele. Its common in Anambra north. But Onicha are clearly Igbos. We dont need to argue that because I know my history.
Re: Igala Language In Anambra State. by Deltagiant: 5:58pm On Oct 13, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

You are very ignorant of Onicha history....Onicha are clearly Igbos with with cultural ties from Bini and some Igala migrants. Alot of Anambra town share cultural history with Igala and Bini...In Umuoji you will hear names like Okoye-Idu,Otuo n'Igala,Agaba-Idu,Omo-ohale,Iyasele. Its common in Anambra north. But Onicha are clearly Igbos. We dont need to argue that because I know my history.

Their intentions are apparently born out of mischief, if not why are they so obsessed with the history of only Onitsha out of many Igbo communities with similar history? There are parts of Enugu and Anambra that were far more influenced by Igala or Benin cultures than Onitsha or even Asaba. That said, these two cities are already made economically hence the envious-like feeling of it-shouldn't-have-been-yours. But unfortunately they're in the heart of Igboland. And are Igbos by culture, tradition and language.

I was quite amazed when i read one of your pieces about the "Iba Aroli" in Umuoji. Being that Eze Aroli was a powerful ancient king of Onitsha. And the name Aroli was not frequent in Igbo cosmology even as his origin was interestingly ascribed to Arochukwu. Historians needs to do much work in this area as it'll be interesting to find out if the Aroli at Onicha had anything in common with the Aroli who founded Umuoji and whose abode was named after him in Umuoji. The events took place presumably at the same period.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igala Language In Anambra State. by coolebux(m): 6:47pm On Oct 13, 2014
This is just ordinarily one of the features of a country

Nobody is tracing the core Ebonyi people's accent
Or is it because they are in the s/east, most of these peeps are not Igbos.

1 Like

Re: Igala Language In Anambra State. by Franchise21(m): 7:28pm On Oct 13, 2014
tabletman1:
From Osumenyi

Tag. Franchise21
Not far apart. Tho, I hv links dere
Re: Igala Language In Anambra State. by soonest(f): 8:55pm On Oct 13, 2014
Malawian:

Lol at ula. Ur guy should go ask the elders.
OdenigboAroli:

Have u read the onitsha history as published from the Obi's palace? This is not to be argued nah! By the way if you are an onicha you will know this.
Re: Igala Language In Anambra State. by emmysoftyou: 10:17pm On Oct 13, 2014
Deltagiant:

This is not an excuse to treat anyone badly. But here we are talking about one million people and 300 villages being neglected to the extent that their kids and women are not even entitled to immunization, denied official recognition by Benue/Northern Nigerian government since 100 years in their own very ancestral land. And some few thousand over fed folks out there at Nzam are complaining that their language is not being broadcast enough on Anambra stations. Is that not annoying?
babe or guy, yu too much.
i have learnt so much frm yu,i wish i culd gv u 1000likes,my God took time to create a brain like yurs cheesy.
yur benue igbo article links has add to my proof..
pls we stil need yu on politic section because we have many dislikes frm otha tribes and pple lik u cant be discarded because yu re involve.
dalu nwanne.
i remain faithful to the entire igboland nd igala too our land cool

3 Likes

Re: Igala Language In Anambra State. by Deltagiant: 11:06pm On Oct 13, 2014
soonest:

Lol at ula. Ur guy should go ask the elders.
Have u read the onitsha history as published from the Obi's palace? This is not to be argued nah! By the way if you are an onicha you will know this.

We have learnt through out history how human beings tend to associate with greatness. Though I haven’t read the Igwe Achebe’s, but wouldn’t be surprise if he towed the same unsubstantiated tiring line of the Benin Ezechima myth. Onicha and western Igbo history is replete with stories of some communities claiming ancestry to Benin or to their kings even though in most cases these kings were imposed on them long after their communities have been formed. (E. Isichei) This is regardless of whether there were existing primary, secondary and tertiary migrations.

Was Onicha or Nzam virgin lands when some folks from Benin and Idah arrived?

Therefore, it no longer matters what Igwe Achebe says as his chiefdom is geographically, linguistically and culturally Igbo. Otherwise, everyone came from somewhere but who you are today is what matters.

Wouldn't it be an act of aggression on the part of the descendants of Igbide community in Isoko land whose ancestors originated from Awka in Anambra state to claim aborigenship as Igbos in Isoko land? Is it ever possible? They could only claim that if they chose to relocate to Igboland. I hope you get my drift. That is what I believe OdenigboAroli was trying to let you know.

2 Likes

Re: Igala Language In Anambra State. by emmysoftyou: 11:09pm On Oct 13, 2014
pazienza:

And where exactly in my post was i suggesting that Anambra or Igboland must be ethnically homogenous?

What i am against is people trying to distort history. Nzam was originally an Igbo only settlement, and despite Igalla later invasion of the area, Igbos still have a heavy presence in Nzam,so much that one of them is the current Igwe of Nzam.
To paint Nzam as an Igalla town, like the Op did, is an insult to Ndiigbo, and mustn't be let to slide.
right frm time,in culture section,i ve notice how reasonable yur comment are especially when it comes to igbo history,culture and origin ,they are alwys being a back up/evidence or link,i giv u kudos cos of dat.
yu know why?yu re a great scholar......
With yur comment on this thread so far, you remind me of abagworo.another great scholar.i miss him here on dis thread,well no homo sha cheesy
yu guys have enlighten me and d entire nigerian pple abt how the igbo spread frm 5state to otha state like river igbo,bayelsa igbo,delta igbo,akwa ibom igbo,kogi igbo,edo igbo and now benue igbo..am happy to learnt that igbo as a nation is larger with so many subgroup cheesy
abagworo,pezienza and deltagiant,may yur days be long for fightin,defeating and defending the great igbo nation.
i foreva remain faithfu to the entire igboland cool

1 Like

Re: Igala Language In Anambra State. by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:39am On Oct 14, 2014
Deltagiant:

Their intentions are apparently born out of mischief, if not why are they so obsessed with the history of only Onitsha out of many Igbo communities with similar history? There are parts of Enugu and Anambra that were far more influenced by Igala or Benin cultures than Onitsha or even Asaba. That said, these two cities are already made economically hence the envious-like feeling of it-shouldn't-have-been-yours. But unfortunately they're in the heart of Igboland. And are Igbos by culture, tradition and language.

I was quite amazed when i read one of your pieces about the "Iba Aroli" in Umuoji. Being that Eze Aroli was a powerful ancient king of Onitsha. And the name Aroli was not frequent in Igbo cosmology even as his origin was interestingly ascribed to Arochukwu. Historians needs to do much work in this area as it'll be interesting to find out if the Aroli at Onicha had anything in common with the Aroli who founded Umuoji and whose abode was named after him in Umuoji. The events took place presumably at the same period.

Its just ignorance and low self esteem that bore such mindset. There is Umuezechime in Obosi,Iyiowa Odekpe,Ogbaru, Igboariam and even Nsugbe but do you ever see anyone of them peddling these "we are Bini" myth ? Whenever I run into an Obosi guy he will call me "Ide nnaa"(Idenmili greeting) and you will never hear an Obosi guy rambling about any Bini origin.

Now,lets go to Onicha; There is a village called Ogboli-eke. These were the original inhabitants before Ezechime arrived Otu-Onicha and the same group have ties with Nando,Nteje,Awkuzu and Ogbunike. There was a festival called "Olili nne" and Onicha and Oyi people used to celebrate it together. i agree Onicha once lived in what is known as Edo today but does that make then Edo ? Its a shame for an Onicha man to say he isnt Igbo,yet they hold Igbo culture with so much pride and love.

Yes,one of the founders of Umuoji go by the name "Aroli" but I am not sure if he is related to the Eze Aroli of Onicha but his chamber(Obu/Iba/Obi) is still standing today as a historic site commonly know as Iba-Aroli. The problem with Igbo history is that we didn't write things down and that has caused alot of confusion.

I do like to meet an Onicha man who will tell me he isnt Igbo because that will make it easier for me to slay him. If you are not Igbo then what are you doing in Igboland,practicing Igbo culture and eating our food ? Why not go to Bini and tell your Oba to give you land ? What was chasing you when you left ? Nkita sii na ndi nwee ike amaro ano!

2 Likes

Re: Igala Language In Anambra State. by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:43am On Oct 14, 2014
"Have u read the onitsha history as published from the Obi's palace? This is not to be argued nah! By the way if you are an onicha you will know this" by Soonest.

What else is there to tell about the history of Onicha...We know the Ezechime migrants,Igala migrants and the Ogboli-eke who are the landlords. Unless if you lot has added another lie. I even read one that says you are from Egypt....lol
Re: Igala Language In Anambra State. by soonest(f): 6:04am On Oct 14, 2014
OdenigboAroli:
"Have u read the onitsha history as published from the Obi's palace? This is not to be argued nah! By the way if you are an onicha you will know this" by Soonest.

What else is there to tell about the history of Onicha...We know the Ezechime migrants,Igala migrants and the Ogboli-eke who are the landlords. Unless if you lot has added another lie. I even read one that says you are from Egypt....lol
aint we saying the same thing. Onitsha's are of igbo,bini and igala ancestry! Mind you I never said we weren't igbos. Wouldn't that be funny?
Deltagiant:

We have learnt through out history how human beings tend to associate with greatness. Though I haven’t read the Igwe Achebe’s, but wouldn’t be surprise if he towed the same unsubstantiated tiring line of the Benin Ezechima myth. Onicha and western Igbo history is replete with stories of some communities claiming ancestry to Benin or to their kings even though in most cases these kings were imposed on them long after their communities have been formed. (E. Isichei) This is regardless of whether there were existing primary, secondary and tertiary migrations.
Was Onicha or Nzam virgin lands when some folks from Benin and Idah arrived?
Therefore, it no longer matters what Igwe Achebe says as his chiefdom is geographically, linguistically and culturally Igbo. Otherwise, everyone came from somewhere but who you are today is what matters.
Wouldn't it be an act of aggression on the part of the descendants of Igbide community in Isoko land whose ancestors originated from Awka in Anambra state to claim aborigenship as Igbos in Isoko land? Is it ever possible? They could only claim that if they chose to relocate to Igboland. I hope you get my drift. That is what I believe OdenigboAroli was trying to let you know.
I get ur drift. We are all saying the same thing
Re: Igala Language In Anambra State. by pazienza(m): 6:10am On Oct 14, 2014
emmysoftyou:
right frm time,in culture section,i ve notice how reasonable yur comment are especially when it comes to igbo history,culture and origin ,they are alwys being a back up/evidence or link,i giv u kudos cos of dat.
yu know why?yu re a great scholar......
With yur comment on this thread so far, you remind me of abagworo.another great scholar.i miss him here on dis thread,well no homo sha cheesy
yu guys have enlighten me and d entire nigerian pple abt how the igbo spread frm 5state to otha state like river igbo,bayelsa igbo,delta igbo,akwa ibom igbo,kogi igbo,edo igbo and now benue igbo..am happy to learnt that igbo as a nation is larger with so many subgroup cheesy
abagworo,pezienza and deltagiant,may yur days be long for fightin,defeating and defending the great igbo nation.
i foreva remain faithfu to the entire igboland cool

Thank you, nwanne m.
Re: Igala Language In Anambra State. by Nobody: 6:25am On Oct 14, 2014
OP, you're very correct about Igalas being in Anambra State. I once mentioned it on a thread here.I think one of the reasons why they aren't recognized is because they themselves do little to court recognition. Several claim to be Igbo while some others claim to be from Kogi State. You even find blood relatives claiming to be from different states. This doesn't help matters at all. If Igalas in Anambra State can unanimously agree to clear the ambiguity of their actual state and tribe, the better it would be for them, not withstanding being a minority.
Re: Igala Language In Anambra State. by Nobody: 7:48am On Oct 14, 2014
pazienza:

Modern Germany wasn't formed by fusion of heterogenous groups,but by fusion of Germanic tribes which were independent before their unification under Von Bismarch.

It's similar to the fusion of Igbo tribes like the Ngwa tribe, Asa tribe,Idemili tribe, Ezza tribe,Izzi tribe, Isu, Aros, Bende conglomerates, the Cross river igbo groups( Abiriba) , Nkanu, etc to form the modern Igbo nation. Only difference being that we still lack a country.

You know quite well you are the person Christening these Igbo groups as tribes, even Igbo in itself is often called a tribe. The Germanic tribes were so distinct and different that they were still different sovereign states as at 1800s. The term tribes in itself connotes difference, heterogeneity. The term "independent" as used by you connotes difference or heterogeneity again. So your sweeping claims above are simply conjectures. If you want to determine the extent of heterogeneity, that is agreeable, but do not say they are not heterogenous that is grossly faulty

1 Like

Re: Igala Language In Anambra State. by suyamasta(m): 8:41am On Oct 14, 2014
@op tnx for d info i never knew
Re: Igala Language In Anambra State. by yusuftames(m): 8:59am On Oct 14, 2014
Klinee:
Do u think u know anywhere in Anambra more than me. This is my state and i know everywhere even that you state imo or abia. Let me tell u , Aguleri people will even accept me as their brother more than u who is talking out of ignorant now. There are many Aguleris in Nzam and there are many Nzams in Aguleri. You need to educate yourself and stop displaying your ignorancy. Am not saying that we should be equal with igbos but atleast be recognise.
yes ooh
Re: Igala Language In Anambra State. by Revolva(m): 11:20am On Oct 14, 2014
soonest:

yes truly onitsha people are of mixed igala igbo n benin ancestry ok that ave assimilated into a modern igbo ..to date...ok

elklehamite:
Please, the I galas in Anambra should go & align themselves with their ancestral brothers, they should always try to identify themselves with their brothers in Kogi state despite their geopolitical location so that with time they can be brought back home. There could be state creation or boundary adjustment that can bring them in union with their ancestral brothers where they will be no discrimination/margi
nalization against them in future. That can be fought together in agreement. You stand to gain a lot when you are back home so that with the Anambrarians will not be taking advantage of you. This is 'my candid advise to you &you will not regret it if heeded to it.
Well as for me I always claim kogi state....despite am an igalan which borders delta n edo......I think that's d best thing to do...my village is not even inside kogi but just on the river niger bank with edo....b ut we know we are from idah...so be it. As for anambra igalas I sincerely advise them that anyone who wants to assimilate to be igbo should do so...but anyone who wanna be welcomed back to kogi state is truly welcomed...
Re: Igala Language In Anambra State. by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:23pm On Oct 14, 2014
soonest:
aint we saying the same thing. Onitsha's are of igbo,bini and igala ancestry! Mind you I never said we weren't igbos. Wouldn't that be funny? I get ur drift. We are all saying the same thing

NO,we are not saying the same thing,guy!
You are claiming Onicha and Bini came from the same BLOODLINE and I think that comment is very pathetic. The complete breakdown of Onicha culture as practiced in Issele Ukwu,Onicha Ugbo,Onicha Olona and Onicha Ukwu will reveal that Onicha were never BINI people at any point since their existence! You are not from Bini lineage! You are from the lineage of Ezechime who resided in Bini land but was never a BINI man. You have influence from Bini culture because of your proximity to Bini but thats all. Why is it that you Onicha people are so crazy about sharing ancestry with Bini who doesn't even recognize you? This is embarrassing and an insult to the great Igbo race!

3 Likes

Re: Igala Language In Anambra State. by ElekeNtioba: 4:41pm On Oct 14, 2014
KenGali:

You know quite well you are the person Christening these Igbo groups as tribes, even Igbo in itself is often called a tribe. The Germanic tribes were so distinct and different that they were still different sovereign states as at 1800s. The term tribes in itself connotes difference, heterogeneity. The term "independent" as used by you connotes difference or heterogeneity again. So your sweeping claims above are simply conjectures. If you want to determine the extent of heterogeneity, that is agreeable, but do not say they are not heterogenous that is grossly faulty

a tribe means a number of families or communities that share a common culture and dialect....how does dat connote heterogenity??

The Igbo nation is a fusion of these tribes (with slighly different culture and dialects). Igbo 'tribe' is only used in d context of a bigger entity - Nigeria.

The Germanic states were not heterogenous. Yes they were sovereign bt they all shared same culture and language. Modern-day Germany was built on d unification of d various kingdoms and states. Likewise d igbo nation - a fusion of d kingdoms and city-states who share same culture and common language.
Re: Igala Language In Anambra State. by soonest(f): 7:16pm On Oct 14, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

NO,we are not saying the same thing,guy!
You are claiming Onicha and Bini came from the same BLOODLINE and I think that comment is very pathetic. The complete breakdown of Onicha culture as practiced in Issele Ukwu,Onicha Ugbo,Onicha Olona and Onicha Ukwu will reveal that Onicha were never BINI people at any point since their existence! You are not from Bini lineage! You are from the lineage of Ezechime who resided in Bini land but was never a BINI man. You have influence from Bini culture because of your proximity to Bini but thats all. Why is it that you Onicha people are so crazy about sharing ancestry with Bini who doesn't even recognize you? This is embarrassing and an insult to the great Igbo race!
Oh boy! I give up. So you are now an authority in onicha history. In fact, you know for certainty because you lived in Ezechime era abi? I truly give up
Re: Igala Language In Anambra State. by Nobody: 7:54pm On Oct 14, 2014
KenGali:
There are just damn too many idiots on this thread.
Every single person that has made an ethnic superiority comment on this thread is a real idiot!

To the OP, I am an Anambrarian, from Awka precisely.
You and your people have no apology to anyone for being Anambrarian
You should not claim not to be seeking for equality, you have every right to seek the highest recognition, even above what normal Igbos would enjoy in Anambra state. Just do not see yourself as an outsider. Let me also advise you and your people to use your status as a minority group to open doors that will never be opened for so called majority groups. You want a radio station, have you spoken to UNICEF, DFID, USAID, British Council, German DAAD, South Korean Embassy. Have you spoken to various big companies that are looking to make impact in Corporate Social Responsibility, Like MTN, Airtel, Oando, Dangote, etc. The best Igbo spirit is Self reliance, you need that to be truly Anambrarian. The truth is that all you actually need is the help of the Government in getting you a radio licence, am sure a radio station will create employment in your local community as well.

As is enshrined in Igbo culture, we respect the visitors and minorities around us, so do not hesitate to demand for a special Radio station for your community from the Governor, even if you constitute just 0.5% of us. The smaller you are the more special you are to us.
Anambra was constituted as the "Home for All" by the founding fathers, hence it is a place where every confident and capable person is welcome. it is also a geographical area, and not a blood homogeneous area, every state in Nigeria is an Economic and Geographical definition.

Further to all the Igbo Ehtnic Idiots on this thread.
Need I remind you that apart from the Igbo culture of accommodating the minorities (often cast as Visitors) that the Igala's are no poorly endowed people in any manners of form.
Kogi State is one of the most blessed with Natural resources in Nigeria, resources that should naturally flow out to the world through Onitsha.
If Our money bags are thinking any better, we should be cultivating the most cordial relationship with Kogi state, as business men who provide the Capital for extraction of these resources. And it is not Just about oil. The largest licence for iron mining in Nigeria is currently held by an Australian firm that found a huge hill or iron ore in Kogi State but is strapped of capital to start extraction. Am sure you are familiar with Italians marbles, marble is a rich resource in Kogi state.

Hence, having Igala's in our midst is a blessing for Anambra State. How we treat them will always be perceived by their relations in Kogi State, and will decide if we will be their preferred partners in progress or whether we will sit while the Chinese and the Dangote's of the world make wealth in our backyard.
We have no reason for strife with Igala's (who are Igbo relatives) or Kogi State in any guise!!!!!

A sigh of relief!
A true igbo man have spoken. That an educated man's reflection. Truthful, humanistic and fair!
The humanity in you blaze forth like a million stars

They (Nzam Igala) are in Anambra because that is where the Nigerian govt. define the land to fall within. You can take your case to the FG if you are aggrieved and BTW, they are not you tenants; They are indigenes of the land.

Stop imposing Igbo as a medium of communication in an Igala community at the detriment of the local tongue

Shame on you irrational Neanderthal igbos - ACM10, christopher 123, 01Karma, tabletman1, cheruv, Kruzilano, Amadaz, new 2020 & you DELTAGIANT.
Hitler have nothing on you

1 Like

Re: Igala Language In Anambra State. by Klinee: 9:12pm On Oct 14, 2014
Deltagiant:

This is not an excuse to treat anyone badly. But here we are talking about one million people and 300 villages being neglected to the extent that their kids and women are not even entitled to immunization, denied official recognition by Benue/Northern Nigerian government since 100 years in their own very ancestral land. And some few thousand over fed folks out there at Nzam are complaining that their language is not being broadcast enough on Anambra stations. Is that not annoying?
OKPO! EWU! How many time will i tell u that we are full indigene of anambra! I bu mkpaaa!(ewu). You are delta not anambra so leave anambra for us pls!.

1 Like

Re: Igala Language In Anambra State. by Deltagiant: 12:53am On Oct 15, 2014
Klinee:
OKPO! EWU! How many time will i tell u that we are full indigene of anambra! I bu mkpaaa!(ewu).
You are delta not anambra so leave anambra for us pls!.

No, you foolishly brought all that unto yourself. So continue identifying yourself until Ndi Anambra are satisfied. But for now, NO, you’re simply a fifth columnist. Because na Ife eji abu Omambala erika. And you failed the test.

A marauding saboteur you are!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igala Language In Anambra State. by Nobody: 1:09am On Oct 15, 2014
Deltagiant:

No, you foolishly brought all that unto yourself. So continue identifying yourself until Ndi Anambra are satisfied. But for now, NO, you’re simply a fifth columnist. Because na Ife eji abu Omambala erika. And you failed the test.

A marauding saboteur you are!

I suspected you are tribalist masquerading as humanist all along.

Keep pushing back on fairness, respect, diversity & Inclusion.
Now we know your interest on this issue. You tribalist, bigot and oppressor.

1 Like

Re: Igala Language In Anambra State. by Nobody: 1:14am On Oct 15, 2014
ElekeNtioba:

a tribe means a number of families or communities that share a common culture and dialect....how does dat connote heterogenity??

The Igbo nation is a fusion of these tribes (with slighly different culture and dialects). Igbo 'tribe' is only used in d context of a bigger entity - Nigeria.

The Germanic states were not heterogenous. Yes they were sovereign bt they all shared same culture and language. Modern-day Germany was built on d unification of d various kingdoms and states. Likewise d igbo nation - a fusion of d kingdoms and city-states who share same culture and common language.

First, when a group has been called a tribe it connotes some form of difference or heterogeneity from any other tribe.

Secondly, in what context do you suppose groups that controlled geographic areas far larger than what Igbos occupy today, are being referred to as tribes? You suppose they where just a few families and households? Just throw up Wikipedia page on Germanic people and find your answers. Do you suppose Igbos, Hausas and Yorubas share any cultural similarity?

Germanic States were heterogenous enough to form distinct sovereign states. We are not talking of petty villages or the colonial inspired tooth blowing village heads that we cast as monarchies. We are talking of proper Monarchies, with Constitutions, that fought wars with the likes of France. The Prussian Kingdom which was the largest had a population of about 34million, and Bavaria had about 6 million. These my friend are not even the tribes, but the states that formed from various tribes. So my reference is not similar to Ngwa, Ezza, Idemili or whatever else. By the way all these so called Igbo groups emerged in the post colonial era as political groupings.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply)

South African Lady Goes Topless To Celebrate Her Culture With Pride / Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church / Names Of Animal In Efik/ibibio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.