Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,815 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:16 PM

CEO Of Christian Network Godtv Steps Down Citing "moral failure" In Marriage - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CEO Of Christian Network Godtv Steps Down Citing "moral failure" In Marriage (1598 Views)

Pastor Oyakhilome’s Wife Files For Divorce In London Court, Citing Adultery / Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? / Loveworld Christian Network Is Da Bomb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CEO Of Christian Network Godtv Steps Down Citing "moral failure" In Marriage by BabaGnoni: 10:43pm On Oct 05, 2014
[size=20pt]CEO of Christian network God TV
- who set up business with his wife
- steps down citing his own 'moral failure' in marriage
[/size]

Rory Alec, who co-founded the network with his wife Wendy, says he's stepping down due to the 'disappointment I've caused'
Wendy Alec, who's headed GodTV's programming for 19 years, will assume leadership of the network
She will make a televised statement on the matter this week

The founder and CEO of God TV has resigned from his post as head of the global Christian television network citing a "moral failure" in his marriage.

Rory Alec, who co-founded the network with his wife Wendy, announced he would be stepping down on Thursday via his network's Facebook page.

'After 20 years of service, I have had a moral failure this year,' he wrote. 'For this reason, I am stepping down.

'Please forgive me for the disappointment I’ve caused, but I know your eyes are on Jesus who is the author and finisher of your faith and not on me, an imperfect man.

'It is with a heavy heart that I confirm my season with GOD TV is over for now
.'

Wendy Alec, who has overseen all content on GodTV for the past 19 years,will take over management of the channel.

She says she will make a statement on the issue live on GodTV on Wednesday

'I will take responsibility on the first night of Revival Alert to share with transparency and authenticity regarding the situation to all our viewers and partners,' she said.

Network executives say they will move forward with plans to complete its Revival Prayer Centre in Plymouth, UK, and a new staff building at Burrington

GOD TV has confirmed the organisation will continue its international operations as well as the work it is doing in Plymouth, UK. This includes the completion of its Revival Prayer Centre and new staff building at Burrington Industrial Estate, both in Plymouth, UK

On Facebook, followers of the Christian network quickly rallied to support the couple.

Victoria Webster-West, wrote: 'Rory and Wendy we stand with you in prayer for restoration, reconciliation and forgiveness!' wrote Victoria Webster-West. 'Rory thank you for stepping down in honesty during this time of God's dealing with your heart. Wendy all of our love and support.'

Another, Sally Warren, wrote: 'I pray right now that what the enemy has tried to destroy cannot be destroyed. That Rory and Wendy are sons of God and are forgiven. Jesus WILL prevail. Amen.'

Rory (center) and Wendy (right) Alec's marriage is rocky, but the couple says they will work through it

Pictures or read more:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2781204/CEO-global-Christian-network-GodTV-steps-citing-moral-failure-marriage.html#ixzz3FJE4uRI9

Well done for doing the right thing of stepping down Rory
Re: CEO Of Christian Network Godtv Steps Down Citing "moral failure" In Marriage by specialguest(f): 3:46am On Oct 06, 2014
one of my favourite channels @Godtv. I enjoy watching Wendy and Alec together therefore I kind of feel sad right now. May the Lord set straight their affairs. Amen
Re: CEO Of Christian Network Godtv Steps Down Citing "moral failure" In Marriage by vooks: 5:25am On Oct 06, 2014
Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability- http://www.ecfa.org/
I like the fact that they attempt to set governance standards among the evangelicals. These simplistic guidelines are what makes a ministry to outlive its founder as well as surviving their exit. Of course very few African pentecostal sects/churches/leaders would sibmit to that level of scrutiny and accountability
Re: CEO Of Christian Network Godtv Steps Down Citing "moral failure" In Marriage by BabaGnoni: 8:29pm On Oct 09, 2014
[size=20pt]Wife of GOD TV founder who quit over 'moral failure' says he left her
for South African farmer's divorcee daughter
- and 'the devil got in very, very easily'
[/size]

- Wendy Alec says husband Rory had been having an affair with a divorcee
- GOD TV co-founder Rory Alec had earlier quit channel over 'moral failure'
- Wife claims in broadcast that he is on a 'lady's father's farm in South Africa'
- Tells viewers during TV statement that the 'devil got in very, very easily'
- In earlier statement Mr Alec said he was handing over running of network to his wife

The wife of GOD TV co-founder Rory Alec who quit the channel over a "moral failure" says he left her for the divorcee daughter of a farmer in South Africa.

In a broadcast on the international television station British-born Wendy Alec said her husband of more than 20 years no longer wished to be part of the channel

She told viewers that the "devil got in very, very easily" and alleged that Mr Alec had been having an affair with a divorced woman.

Wendy Alec (right) says her husband of more than 20 years, Rory Alec (left), the co-founder of GOD TV,
has left her for the divorcee daughter of a farmer in South Africa

Problems started in March this year when her husband returned from a visit to South Africa, she said in the broadcast.

'My whole world started turning upside down and the next morning he just went,' she said.

'It started to be extremely traumatic for me because suddenly my husband just started to change in a pattern and a way I had never seen him act before.'

Mrs Alec said she and the board of GOD TV asked Rory to go for counselling and claimed she discovered he had been having an affair in August.

'The devil got in very, very easily,' she said.

She added that the woman Mr Alec was having an affair with heard a voice from God telling her that he was her Mr Right and her husband.

Mrs Alec said: 'Rory is on this lady's father's farm in South Africa.

'He doesn't want to be involved in the ministry anymore and as far as he's concerned, the marriage is finished

Wendy Alec speaks on GOD TV about her husband leaving

'He doesn't want restoration, he doesn't want counselling, he doesn't want anything to do with it.

'He wants a new life.

'It is traumatic because it's like your life is over, all our memories.'

Last week Rory Alec said he was handing over the running of GOD TV to his wife.

He said in a statement: 'After 20 years of service, I have had a moral failure this year.

'For this reason, I am stepping down. Please forgive me for the disappointment I've caused, but I know your eyes are on Jesus who is the author and finisher of your faith and not on me, an imperfect man.

'It is with a heavy heart that I confirm my season with GOD TV is over for now
.'

God TV can be seen in more than 60 countries and is popular in the US, where it competes with other religious broadcasters.

It claims to reach more than 900 million people with its mixture of sermons and uplifting stories of people saved by faith. The Alecs feature regularly along with US-based evangelists.

Last year, they appeared in a show that attempted to exorcise ‘demons’ from President Obama to free him from ‘Jezebel’s clutches’.

The couple, who are in their 40s, met as singers on the cabaret circuit in South Africa.

Mrs Alec was born in London but grew up in Durban, South Africa, and became a devout Christian after seeing the face of Jesus in a mirror in the lavatory of a nightclub where she was singing.

The pair decided to set up a Christian TV channel in Europe after hearing a prophecy that they would do so.

They launched God TV with £140,000 in savings and it quickly became popular with US evangelists who paid to appear and gain access to European audiences

One of the first Christian broadcasters in Britain, God TV can be viewed online and on its Sky television channel

Rory Alec has not responded to the claims.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2786459/Wife-GOD-TV-founder-quit-moral-failure-says-left-South-African-farmer-s-divorcee-daughter-devil-got-easily.html#ixzz3Fg4EGE1O
Re: CEO Of Christian Network Godtv Steps Down Citing "moral failure" In Marriage by WinsomeX: 8:57pm On Oct 09, 2014
BabaGnoni,

Thanks for the thread. I read the latter post earlier today on a link placed on Facebook.

What's your take on this?

Is this another WoF business gone sour?
Re: CEO Of Christian Network Godtv Steps Down Citing "moral failure" In Marriage by paulGrundy(m): 9:23pm On Oct 09, 2014
WinsomeX:
BabaGnoni,

Thanks for the thread. I read the latter post earlier today on a link placed on Facebook.

Can't you for once make your points without being insultive?
Re: CEO Of Christian Network Godtv Steps Down Citing "moral failure" In Marriage by BabaGnoni: 9:32pm On Oct 09, 2014
WinsomeX:
BabaGnoni,

Illicit concoction of konji and daughters of Eve is double wahala
Not condoning or excusing,
my take and suspicion however is the aberration was due to "over-spiritualism"...
"Over-spiritualism" opened up a crack, the opening then was taken advantage of

Looks like some breakdown of sort happened there....

But I fear lest, as the serpent seduced Eve by his subtilty,
so your minds should be corrupted,
and fall from the simplicity that is in Christ

- 2 Corinthians 11:3 Douay-Rheims Bible

2 Likes

Re: CEO Of Christian Network Godtv Steps Down Citing "moral failure" In Marriage by TheShopKeeper(m): 11:26pm On Oct 09, 2014
This is serious...my prayers to the couple & their ministry.
Re: CEO Of Christian Network Godtv Steps Down Citing "moral failure" In Marriage by WinsomeX: 12:03am On Oct 10, 2014
BabaGnoni:

Illicit concoction of konji and daughters of Eve is double wahala
Not condoning or excusing,
my take and suspicion however is the aberration was due to "over-spiritualism"...
"Over-spiritualism" opened up a crack, the opening then was taken advantage of

Looks like some breakdown of sort happened there....

But I fear lest, as the serpent seduced Eve by his subtilty,
so your minds should be corrupted,
and fall from the simplicity that is in Christ

- 2 Corinthians 11:3 Douay-Rheims Bible

Over spiritualism. Sounds Iike it. The woman in SA was said to have heard God say a married man was hers. That's how it start though.

Thanks for the clarity.

(1) (Reply)

Apostle Johnson Suleiman U Are Stupid / Seun`s Religion / Who Are Those To Pay Tithes, Who Are Those To Be Given?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.