Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard (16293 Views)

How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics / 10 Largest Airports In The World As Seen From Above / World Most Dangerous Airports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by dokunbam(m): 9:46am On Oct 06, 2014
if that will turn thing around
Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by sirjohnson(m): 9:46am On Oct 06, 2014
If its for the better
Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by Femistico(m): 9:46am On Oct 06, 2014
make fg also privatise aso rock now..
Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by mcpat(m): 9:47am On Oct 06, 2014
I thought FAAN was doing a good job.. My last visit to MMA was wonderful, most airlines now treat us with the respect we deserve.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by 100Cents: 9:47am On Oct 06, 2014
E concern me ?

It will be a boost to the economy and eliminate thievery by government officials..

1 Like

Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by Youngzedd(m): 9:47am On Oct 06, 2014
I commento ma reservo.
Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by Benite: 9:48am On Oct 06, 2014
Say What?

2 Likes

Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by klodike(m): 9:48am On Oct 06, 2014
The attitude of Nigerians to any work government, is lackadaisical. Thus i support FG in privatizing all these moribund sectors.
Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by willi926(m): 9:49am On Oct 06, 2014
They can also privatise d FG. Mtchw

1 Like

Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by Waspy(m): 9:49am On Oct 06, 2014
When are they going to sell the whole darn country? angry angry

1 Like

Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by pat077: 9:49am On Oct 06, 2014
when will they privatise d air that we breath?

2 Likes

Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by lawrenceunaa: 9:49am On Oct 06, 2014
like if I care

phcn that has been privatised
has it yielded any positive outcome undecided

3 Likes

Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by phemmie06(m): 9:49am On Oct 06, 2014
Time for the big boys to chop, e go sweet my belle if Transcorp can bid and win Muritala Mohammed airport.
Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by Funniez: 9:50am On Oct 06, 2014
I think I told u guys that one day, we wuld wake up only to discover that we {the citizens} of Nigeria has been privatized.

1 Like

Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by Jimmyo3(m): 9:50am On Oct 06, 2014
Nigerians be warned because the FG may privatise it citizens some day...

1 Like

Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by Youngzedd(m): 9:51am On Oct 06, 2014
What exactly will they do with the money they will rise from there?

Una don privatize power and nothing happened, fuel subsidy we were promised heaven on earth, nothing happened, now it's airports.

Somebody is crazy.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by roufy235(m): 9:51am On Oct 06, 2014
hmm naija here we are
Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by ebolablast: 9:52am On Oct 06, 2014
ok
Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by omowolewa: 9:52am On Oct 06, 2014
Skeptical
Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by Youngzedd(m): 9:52am On Oct 06, 2014
Jimmyo3:
Nigerians be warned because the FG may privatise it citizens some day...

I tell ya.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by parrotibaba(m): 9:52am On Oct 06, 2014
sm peeps here na....lipsrsealed
but anyways privatisation is d way forward,in other to reduce "THIEFERY" from d govt officials but d most important thing is dat it(the airport ,if privatized) will be handle with care now,not being abandoned by govt officials for years
Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 06, 2014
Doesn't sounds nice, why are Private Investors not building New World Class Airports instead? Nigeria Airports looks old fashioned, and any Investor who wishes to acquire such properties should be ready for a overhaul, to be able to compete with other world class airports which to me is a wrong investment when same amount can be used to build a whole new airport from the scratch although might cost a little more than remodeling but wise choice.
Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by eleko1: 9:53am On Oct 06, 2014
Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by datribune: 9:54am On Oct 06, 2014
And d sharing of our national patrimony continues.

1 Like

Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by gigfx: 9:58am On Oct 06, 2014
I also foresee the privatization of all Nigeria Federal Roads.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by flowjoe: 9:58am On Oct 06, 2014
I don't like this development , its still going to be them dangote & co. That'll go & purchase these airports , thereby
(I) hiking landing fees
(II) air travel becomes more expensive , because everybody wants to make profit
I can go on & on angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by 100Cents: 10:00am On Oct 06, 2014
omalistic:
Huh?!!!

They will soon privatize the masses shocked
We've been sold in this country, we just don't know it yet undecided

Like if you think its time for a revolution sad

Cowards don't lead a revolution.
Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by ikaminaj(f): 10:00am On Oct 06, 2014
these is stupidity wat cn of govt is runing nigerian y cnt dey manage d sectors in nigeria nd make it conducive well if selling d airpot to d private sector wil result ok then move on but i dnt c y dey cnt manage dis

1 Like

Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by Lyoncrescent: 10:00am On Oct 06, 2014
This is a good development if they can get a good consortium to run it prpoerly. FAAN is doing a poor job especially at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport. If you know how much some of these FAAN staff make by collecting bribes and cutting corners, you would weep for Nigeria.

Heathrow Airport in the UK isn't owned by the British Government.The airport is owned and operated by Heathrow Airport Holdings, which also owns and operates three other UK airports, and is itself owned by FGP TopCo Limited, an international consortium led by the Spanish Ferrovial Group that includes Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec and Government of Singapore Investment Corporation.

As bad as Bi-Courtney is, it is is doing a better job than FAAN in managing the MMA2 Airport. If an international consortium like the one managing Heathrow can take over Murtala Mohammed for example, I believe that would be an excellent development.

1 Like

Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by heatmeup(f): 10:03am On Oct 06, 2014
sample042:
Infact mk we gv a minute silence 4 9ja. E be like say d tym for... don reach.
for what Meanwhile I congratulate NUTRW if I got it correctly sha
Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by SkinnyDude(m): 10:03am On Oct 06, 2014
since2005:
[size=20pt]Soon this people will privatize Nigeria!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed [/size]
lol. U funny o
Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by cegxie(m): 10:05am On Oct 06, 2014
I am not against the privatisation, am just concerned as to how high the prices of flight would rise... PHCN is already milking us and though their service in my area has improved, so also their prices.. And they were using the existing infrastructure they met on ground.. I can only watch and pray for my beloved country.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Trailer & Petroleum Tanker Collide On Ibadan-osun Expressway This Morning / Enugu Airport: Easter Deadline Suspended Because Of Workers’ Withdrawal / My Field Trip To Olumo Rock In Abeokuta, Ogun State, Nigeria..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.