Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,405 members, 7,808,448 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:02 PM

Igbo, Hausa And Yoruba: Which Is Easier To Learn? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo, Hausa And Yoruba: Which Is Easier To Learn? (1531 Views)

Traditional/ Native Hausa And Fulani Names? / Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? / Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo, Hausa And Yoruba: Which Is Easier To Learn? by DickDastardly(m): 9:35am On Oct 06, 2014
Tell us undecided
Re: Igbo, Hausa And Yoruba: Which Is Easier To Learn? by ramdris(m): 9:46am On Oct 06, 2014
Re: Igbo, Hausa And Yoruba: Which Is Easier To Learn? by Nobody: 10:12am On Oct 06, 2014
¿
Re: Igbo, Hausa And Yoruba: Which Is Easier To Learn? by lomprico(m): 11:05am On Oct 06, 2014
Hausa
Re: Igbo, Hausa And Yoruba: Which Is Easier To Learn? by Idrismusty97(m): 11:06am On Oct 06, 2014
I think only people who understand two of those languages can answer this.
Re: Igbo, Hausa And Yoruba: Which Is Easier To Learn? by Idrismusty97(m): 11:08am On Oct 06, 2014
lomprico:
Hausa
Apart from Hausa what language can you speak again excluding English? Can you speak Yoruba or Igbo? If not then you are not in position to give answers....IMO
Re: Igbo, Hausa And Yoruba: Which Is Easier To Learn? by lomprico(m): 11:39am On Oct 06, 2014
Idrismusty97:
Apart from Hausa what language can you speak again excluding English? Can you speak Yoruba or Igbo? If not then you are not in position to give answers....IMO
Igbo n a bit of yoruba.

1 Like

Re: Igbo, Hausa And Yoruba: Which Is Easier To Learn? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 06, 2014
its akwayibom
Re: Igbo, Hausa And Yoruba: Which Is Easier To Learn? by Miyo(f): 3:22pm On Oct 08, 2014
Mmm for me, Yoruba na easy thing I beg.
I be Yoruba on my father's side and, I go talk true: NO BE SAY I GBORO FOR THE LANGUAGE, but for me to be a Yoruba babe, I sabi am quite alright. I sabi the modern yoruba, by modern yoruba I mean the one that's kind of mixed with english beacuse for me to say I can speak it very well be say, I sabi the original traditional yoruba language, and that's not my case lol.
Wetin I dey try to talk be say, dey no born me for Nigeria but I still sabi am a bit.
Not to talk of people when be Igbo, and them dey stay Lagos or any other Yoruba land, they still learn it.
No matter wich yoruba land yo dey, e no hard: You go just dey learn am some how.
Even if you no dey Yoruba land and you help your self with internet or any friend that can speak it, once you hear a word: You don memorize am bit that.
Na very easy thing. And Btw it's also a very popular language, yoruba no hard at all. wink
Re: Igbo, Hausa And Yoruba: Which Is Easier To Learn? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Oct 08, 2014
I think it is IGBO, considering the fact that a word can stand in for many thing depending on the tone of pronuncing it.
Eg O and YA can be used for both male and female unlike English where one has to be conscious of using I, he, she, him, his and her.

(1) (Reply)

Obi Of Onitsha: Kings Of Other Lands Line-Up To Pay Homage In Onitsha- Pictures / Re: Ilaro - Pahayi (ogun State) People On Board Let's Talk / What Do You Think About This Pictures?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.