Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,380 members, 7,808,353 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:44 AM

Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine (12056 Views)

Kenotic Doctrine Vs Trinity Doctrine / Was The Trinity Doctrine Invented At A Council Meeting Or By The RCC? / The Trinity Doctrine Revisited: Is Jesus=God=Holyspirit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by PastorKun(m): 10:54am On Oct 14, 2014
shdemidemi:

Does a triune God interpret to serving three separate gods. All we are saying is if God looks in the mirror, His physical reflection is that image we call Jesus.

Even you yourself can be divided into parts although you remain one- the container you refer to as your body isn't the complete you but the physical image we can all see. Unlike God's flesh, your flesh and my flesh becomes useless when the breath that makes us a living soul is withdrawn.

You have a mind, you have a soul that cannot be seen nor felt physically but they are definitely there.

In other words, we are not practicing anything outside monotheism when we call God 'Elohim or a triune God'.

Fact remains that this your triune god concept remains an extra biblical heresy.
Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by shdemidemi(m): 10:57am On Oct 14, 2014
CANTICLES:
yes , i wiill list for u 1.God the father 2. God d son 3rd. God the holyspirit, wow 3 fake heresy

Well, we have only one that is called good, none other.

Only one is righteous not two or three.

Only one saves, not two.

Only one Lord, not two.

Only one king not two.

You are the one that seem to have two or three that are good. God is a jealous God, you know! No one can share His glory, not the Angels not any other god.

If isaiah says Jesus is God, which is written clearly in the bible and you say the father is the only God, can't you see how you are making out two gods out of ignorance?

CANTICLES:

yes, Jesus is the image of the invisible God - Col1:15, so that real God remains invisible ..... That i so resemble my Dad doesnt mean, i am also my Dad, does it ? Am just my Dad's image

The bible did not say Jesus resembles God, so your analogy is wrong. The image your father sees when he looks at a mirror is the visible image of himself. In similitude, the image God will see when he looks at the same mirror is christ.

The same invisible God appeared in physical image in a human form in the Old Testament e.g He appeared to Abraham acts 7:1-2. How do you think God did that! He definitely had a visible image in christ even before He was reincarnated and born in Bethlehem.

CANTICLES:

Religious heresy! TRUTH: a man is a soul ! Gen 2:7, and soul dies Eze 18:4, ansa dis: Did Jesus Himself Die ? Or its Only his body dat dies ??

Notice how you did not acknowledge that you can also be divided into visible and invisible elements even though you remain one person.

Not all soul dies, the sinful soul dies. The issue isn't if the soul dies or not. Do you understand how I divided one man into parts though the man remain just one.

Jesus died, but no part of him remained there. He rose without tasting decay or corruption. Death could not hold him bound because the key to life and death is in his hands. A man saw him after he rose and immediately confessed him as Lord and God.

CANTICLES:

Lie

What does the word 'ELOHIM ' mean to you?
Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by shdemidemi(m): 10:59am On Oct 14, 2014
PastorKun:

Fact remains that this your triune god concept remains an extra biblical heresy.

Trust me bro, if you can analyse it scripturally that Jesus isn't God according to Isaiah and he isn't perfect as God, I will sure debunk what I know to learn from you.
Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by CANTICLES: 3:35pm On Oct 14, 2014
Isaiah 9:6 says " he will be called .... Mighty God" wich means, its a title for a future time, note: Mighty God NOT Almighty God a title belongin to JEHOVAH Alone ( exodus 6:3, Genesis 17:1, Genesis 35:10,11) " Christ offer petitions with tears and outcries to the one who was able to save him out of death" Heb 5:8, Can the Almighty God pray to anyone ?? Whom did Christ offer prayers to ?? Surely then " the Father is greater than christ" John14:28...... Christ confirms he wasnt the Almighty , Jesus said : " Exercise faith in God, also exercise faith in me " John 14:1 ..... Indeed , "praised be the God and Father of our lord Jesus Christ" 1 Pet 1:3 !!!! Indeed see colosians 1:3 " we always thank God, the FATHER of our Lord Jesus Christ "

1 Like

Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by shdemidemi(m): 4:03pm On Oct 14, 2014
CANTICLES:
Isaiah 9:6 says " he will be called .... Mighty God" wich means, its a title for a future time, note: Mighty God NOT Almighty God a title belongin to JEHOVAH Alone ( exodus 6:3, Genesis 17:1, Genesis 35:10,11) " Christ offer petitions with tears and outcries to the one who was able to save him out of death" Heb 5:8, Can the Almighty God pray to anyone ?? Whom did Christ offer prayers to ?? Surely then " the Father is greater than christ" John14:28...... Christ confirms he wasnt the Almighty , Jesus said : " Exercise faith in God, also exercise faith in me " John 14:1 ..... Indeed , "praised be the God and Father of our lord Jesus Christ" 1 Pet 1:3 !!!! Indeed see colosians 1:3 " we always thank God, the FATHER of our Lord Jesus Christ "

I would have preferred if you address issues and stop raising quotes that makes it cumbersome and impossible for you to grasp the truth.

Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

I hope you know some of this prophecy are yet to be fulfilled. You said mighty God is a title, is everlasting father also a title? At His second advent, the bible says the government/the kingdom will be upon His shoulder.

How can God allow anybody else become mighty God, what does that mean! We have an almighty God and a mighty God?

One real and one by title, is that what you are saying?
Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by CANTICLES: 4:17pm On Oct 14, 2014
CANTICLES:
Truth ..... True Worshippers will worship only the Father ! John 4:23 , Whom Jesus called " THE ONLY TRUE GOD" JOHN 17:3
Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by shdemidemi(m): 4:23pm On Oct 14, 2014
CANTICLES:
Christ offer petitions with tears and outcries to the one who was able to save him out of death" Heb 5:8, Can the Almighty God pray to anyone ?? Whom did Christ offer prayers to ?? Surely then " the Father is greater than christ" John14:28...... Christ confirms he wasnt the Almighty , Jesus said : " Exercise faith in God, also exercise faith in me " John 14:1 ..... Indeed , "praised be the God and Father of our lord Jesus Christ" 1 Pet 1:3 !!!! Indeed see colosians 1:3 " we always thank God, the FATHER of our Lord Jesus Christ "

In other words you are saying we should exercise faith in the mighty God and in another almighty God, right?

Well, Jesus was man as well as God even while He was here in the world.

Romans 8
16 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,

This verse addressed a part of you that cannot be seen or felt. Even without the approval of your flesh/body, your spirit (which is also you, if you are a believer) is a witness of your position in God. Do you now understand how your spirit can be at peace with God even while your physical body continues to lose its vigor as age sets in.
Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by shdemidemi(m): 4:25pm On Oct 14, 2014
CANTICLES:
Truth ..... True Worshippers will worship only the Father ! John 4:23 , Whom Jesus called " THE ONLY TRUE GOD" JOHN 17:3

Are you saying Jesus, the mighty God does not deserve worship from a true worshiper'?
Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by CANTICLES: 9:36am On Oct 15, 2014
Arguing with a trinitarian is a waste of time beacause the lack something, what is it ? The Apostle paul expose it dis way " there is no God but one" 1 cor 8:4 , but some tink that one God is Jesus, whereas he is d only begotten of son AND NOT GOD , how can i be bold to say such, here is the answer in 1cor 8:5 " there is actually to us one God, the Father" 1 Cor 8:5, Notice it didnt say trinity but ONLY THE FATHER , that the person that sends christ to Earth, infact christ said " The One who sent me is Real" john 7:28 ...... Dats clear , but here is the vocal point " however, not all have this knowledge"1cor 8:7
Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by CANTICLES: 9:36am On Oct 15, 2014
Arguing with a trinitarian is a waste of time beacause they lack something, what is it ? The Apostle paul expose it dis way " there is no God but one" 1 cor 8:4 , but some tink that one God is Jesus, whereas he is d only begotten of son AND NOT GOD , how can i be bold to say such, here is the answer in 1cor 8:5 " there is actually to us one God, the Father" 1 Cor 8:5, Notice it didnt say trinity but ONLY THE FATHER , that the person that sends christ to Earth, infact christ said " The One who sent me is Real" john 7:28 ...... Dats clear , but here is the vocal point " however, not all have this knowledge"1cor 8:7
Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by shdemidemi(m): 1:57pm On Oct 15, 2014
answer questions and stop going round circles.
Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by Emusan(m): 9:18pm On Oct 18, 2014
haffaze777:
By Femi Aribisala

Who can help me post my reply to the original author of this article?

The word “Trinity” can be found nowhere in the Bible.

Just as the word “Bible” can’t be found within the scriptures.

Can you tell us why the whole scripture was called Bible?

It is completely incongruous with scriptural understanding of God. God is not three persons. There is only one God and it is the Father.

Then you contradict yourself by saying that The Son was called God and others in the Bible.

Jesus says: “salvation is of the Jews.” (John 4:22). Salvation is neither of the Romans nor of the Italians.

So in what way does this relate to the topic at hand?

The Trinity is an unscriptural concept, smuggled into Christendom under Roman Constantine by cloak-and-dagger means.
Precepts of men Jesus says to God: “Your word is truth.” (John 17:17).
But the doctrine of the Trinity is a lie. Here is the lie: “There are three that bear witness in heaven:
the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.” (I John 5:7). This so-called scripture is counterfeit. It is non-existent in the original versions of the Bible. It was smuggled into the Bible by Trinitari-ans. Today, you will only find it in the King James editions. The very fact that
Trinitarians found it necessary to smuggle I John 5:7 into the Bible in order to validate the doctrine of the Trinity shows conclusively that the doctrine is fake.

Is this only the verse in the Bible that Trinitarian use?

The cardinal principle of God is simple and straightforward. Here it is in a nutshell: “Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD.” (Deuteronomy 6:4). This is validated by Jesus himself. (Mark 12:29). Therefore, hear O Christians, the Lord our God is not a Trinity. The Lord our God is one [LORD].

I added “LORD” so that you can see how THIS statement contradicts your own word below.

This is your own statement ”... and one Lord Jesus Christ.” (I Corinthians 8:5-6).”
Deuteronomy said “The LORD our God is ONE LORD and 1 Corin 8:6 says JESUS IS ONE LORD, doesn’t that tell you that Jesus is God or should we agree that these two verses contradict themselves?

Jesus berated the Pharisees for teaching as doctrines the precepts of men. (Matt-hew 15:9). Many churches have fallen into the same error with the Trinity fallacy.

If only you could reason within your own statement then you will know you’re the one teaching the precepts of men.

Family of God John says: “No man has seen God at any time.” (John 1:18). But men have seen Jesus.

Yahweh appeared to Abraham in form of MAN Genesis 18 did Abraham see God or another thing?

What you failed to know is that this particular verse was talking about seeing God AS THE WAY HE IS i.e in totality of His majesty by completing the statement that ”...; the only Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, he has made him known.

Therefore, the expression “God” refers exclusively [size=14pt]to God the Father.[/size]

@bold-then we can as well have “to God the Son” the bolded is a statement that makes God to be more than ONE.
Next time let your statement read like ”Therefore, the expression “God” refers exclusively to The Father”

Jesus never refers to himself as God; he reserves that terminology solely for the Father.

He never says “He is GOD” they say He blasphemy what if He now plainly says I am God, what would they do?
Yet you said the Father called the Son God :-/ :-/

When someone called him “Good Teacher,” Jesus replied: “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God.” (Matthew 19: 17).

In fact this is another scripture that shows those who against Trinity lack understanding of the scriptures, why? Another funny thing is that some people will even say Jesus rejected being called “GOOD”.
Whereas in John 10:11 Jesus says ”I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep”
See how this same verse prove Jesus to be God
^Only God is good
^Jesus is a good shepherd
^Therefore, Jesus is God.

Jesus never says God is a Trinity. Instead, he reveals God is a family.

Are you still talking about the Father alone? because you’ve already said that The Son is God and other many people in the Bible are gods.

The head of this family is the Father. God’s household include Jesus; God’s sons and servants; and angels. That is more than a trinity.

See how this article mixed everything together,
The question is, The Father is it the only God? Which you have said No! So how many God can we find in this God’s household?

The man-made concept of the Trinity makes God an exclusive triumvirate, limited to “the Godhead. ” However, the Christ-revealed portrait of God makes God an inclusive and growing family, open to all believers.

I guess these believers are gods too according to you,
You couldn’t tell us whether the word “GOD” has a separate meaning when it’s been used for The Father or just only one meaning for all the gods including The Father.

Jesus said to God: “I will declare your name to my brothers.” (Psalm 22: 22). Jesus is: “the firstborn among many brothers.” (Romans 8:29).

One funny thing is that Anti-Trinitarian doesn’t know that the word “FIRSTBORN” is against them anytime they try to use it, why? If Jesus is the FIRSTBORN, why must Jesus MIGHT BE the firstborn again? Like the verse you alluded to Romans 8:29 “...in order that he might be the first-born among many brethren”, what does it mean when Paul says “...in other he(Jesus) MIGHT BE...”?

Believers are the brothers of Jesus. But we are not the brothers of God. God is our Father.

Give us the meaning of God before I’ll know what to say because you said the Son is God and the believers, here again you said we are not the brothers of God BUT if Jesus is God are we not the brother of God?

Sons of God Jesus only claims to be “the only begotten Son of God.” (John 3:18).

So how did God beget Jesus?

Indeed, he drew a distinction between God and himself. He said to God: “This is eternal life, that they may know You, THE ONLY TRUE GOD, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.” (John 17:3).

Does this verse address the divinity of Jesus or His humanity?

If it’s His divinity, give us one verse where He was ever called “JESUS CHRIST” before He came to earth and if it is humanity, then you should know that He is talking about the MAN who walks through the earth about 2000years ago.

When they accused him of blasphemy saying: “You, being a man, make yourself God,” Jesus replied: “I said, ‘I am the Son of God.’” (John 10:36). When Peter said to Jesus: “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God,” Jesus confirmed this was a God-given revelation. He replied: “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.” (Matthew 16:15-17).

When Jesus first called God His Father in John 17-18 they (Jews) believed that Jesus was making Himself EQUAL with God, then in the same verse you mentioned WHAT DID The Jews DO when Jesus says He is the Son of God? ”Again they tried to arrest him, but he escaped from their hands.” John10:39 because they know that Jesus is claiming DIVINITY.

[size=14pt]This divine affirmation[/size] was repeated during Jesus’ baptism (Matthew 3:17); and on the Mount of Transfiguration. (Matthew 17:5). There can be no higher validation than these.

Do you mean Jesus was DIVINE as a heavenly being like angels or YOUR DIVINE here means MORE THAN THE ANGELS? Please explain!

John says: “If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater; for this is the witness of God which He has testified of His Son.” (I John 5:9). Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God.

Does being call the Son means Jesus was created or not? Again define what you understand by Jesus being DIVINE!

Jesus existed “before the foundation of the world.” (John 17:24). Then he became a man. (John 1:14). But God does not change. (Malachi 3:6).

Your wrong understanding of the scriptures has led you to pervert Bible.
It is true God cannot change His promise BUT He can appear in HUMAN FORM, true or false?
Did you also let the readers know that Jesus can’t change? because ”Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and for ever.” Heb 13:8
If Jesus became man then Jesus isn’t the same, but your shallow mind about scripture has led to this contradiction because Jesus became MAN is what we called ”INCANATED” the word “INCANATE” means “cover with” so when the Bible says Jesus became man it means The pre-existence of DIVINE Jesus was Covered WITH FLESH or TAKING UP HUMANITY, that’s why Jesus is both God and Man.

Jesus is a man. (John 8:40).

Yet you said Jesus is DIVINE, can man be divine?

But God is not a man (Numbers 23:19).

“...that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should repent. Has he said, and will he not do it? Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfil it?”

The full verse in quotation, now let’s see whether this verse prove TRINITY wrong or affirm it.
^Did Jesus ever lie? No!
^Did Jesus as a Son of man ever repent? No!
^Has Jesus said anything and didn’t do it? No!
^Has Jesus spoken and it’s not fulfilled? No!

So if all these are TRUE about JESUS then Jesus is GOD because ONLY GOD has the ability to answer YES to all of these.
Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by Emusan(m): 9:23pm On Oct 18, 2014
haffaze777: Jesus died. But God cannot die.

YES we agree that the HUMANITY of Jesus died BUT not the DIVINE one that’s why Jesus can go and preach to those spirits that were once imprisoned why the body is still in the tomb.
Have you ever asked yourself if Jesus ceased to exist at His death how can He preach to those spirits?

Jesus died but God raised him from the dead.

But Jesus Himself said He’ll be the one who will raise Himself, did Jesus lie?

Jesus calls himself “the beginning of the creation of God.” (Revelation 3:14). God confirms this, declaring to Jesus: “You are My Son, today I have begotten You.” (Psalm 2:7).

So you mean it was during the time of psalmist that Jesus was begotten, then how is He the beginning of God’s creation?
And The Father called Himself “The beginning...” Rev 20:6 please The Beginning of what?

But the Father himself is not begotten.

In what sense does Jesus was begotten?

He has no beginning but is from everlasting. The psalmist declares: “Even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God.” (Psalm 90:2).

But The Father is ”The Beginning...” the beginning of what?
Jesus is also from everlasting Micah 5:2

Jesus has a Father. But God has no Father. Jesus has a God. But there is no other God but God. Jesus says to Mary: “I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.” (John 20:17).

Yet you said below that The Father called the Son God.

However, it should be understood that the son of a lion is a lion.

See how this below statement exposed your perverted teaching.

Therefore, Jesus, the son of God is a God. God the Father calls Jesus God, confirming his divinity.

If the Father called the Son God then the Father isn’t the ONLY GOD.

In your above illustration you said ”The son of A lion, is A lion”
Now see how you omitted (A) in case of Jesus ”Jesus, the son of God, is a God”
After you omitted a you still went ahead to say “...is a God”

Your statement should be like ”Jesus, the son of (A) God, is a God” BUT you purposely omitted that (A) because of its implication. God sees all your injustice.
It’s either the son of lion, is lion or the son of a lion, is a lion, which if we apply it to Jesus
It’s either the Son of God, is God or The Son of a God, is a God

Again what do you mean by DIVINITY of Jesus?

He says to Jesus: “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom. You love righteousness and hate wickedness; therefore God, Your God, has anointed You with the oil of gladness more than Your companions.” (Psalm 45:6-7).

Thank God you agree that these verses are for the Son.

So how many God do we have now?

These verses were quoted by the writer of the book of Hebrew the question is, what does this writer has in mind by applying this verse(s) which is solely explain the activities of the Yahweh to Jesus Christ?

Jesus explained to the Jews that in the scriptures: “(God) called them gods, to whom the word of God came.” (John 10:35). Indeed, God calls his sons gods. He says: “You are gods, and all of you are children of the Most High. But you shall die like men,” (Psalm 82:6-7). He also says to his servant, Moses: “I have made thee a god to Pharaoh.” (Exodus 7: 1). Moses himself declares to the Israelites: “The LORD your God is God of gods and Lord of lords.” (Deuteronomy 10:17).

So far that The Father called everybody including The Son “God” that means the Father is not only God.

Paul summarises it thus: “Even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords), yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; [size=14pt]and one Lord Jesus Christ[/size].” (I Corinthians 8:5-6).

See how you exposed your shallow knowledge on scriptures again.
Since Deu 6:4 & Mark 12:29 say ”The Lord our God is ONE LORD how then Jesus can also be called ONE LORD here? See how you contradict yourself.

In short, God is not Father, Son and Holy Ghost. There is only one God and it is the Father.

But remember you agree that The Father called the Son God and other people in the Bible, so how the Father is now only God?

There is only one Lord and it is Jesus.

Yet Deuteronomy 6:4 & Mark 12:29 say ”The LORD our God is ONE LORD”.
That means Jesus is God.

As a man cannot be differentiated from his spirit,

Is it the spirit of man that is controlling the body or it is the body that is controlling the spirit?

so God cannot be differentiated from his spirit. The Holy Spirit is the spirit of God.

Can God put His own Spirit into action? If God can, then it means the Spirit of God can be separated from God.

God has no equals

Is the Spirit of God the same as God?
If God has a Spirit, is it the Spirit that is controlling God’s body or God’s body controlling the Spirit?

The word “Christ” is not Jesus’ surname. It means “the Anointed One.” But the anointed must be subordinate to the anointer.

Does this name CHRIST apply to Jesus’ DIVINTY?

Nowhere in the scriptures is it ever said or implied that God is anointed. However, Luke says: “God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power.” (Acts 10: 38).

Jesus was anointed on earth not in His divine existence.

The Jews accused Jesus of making himself equal with God. (John 5:18). But Jesus never makes such claims.

You show it here again, when Jesus says God is His Father the Jews perfectly understood Him that’s why they said He’s making Himself equal with God, Just like the illustration you gave in above about a lion (even though you twisted it) so for Jesus to say God is His Father they knew that Jesus was claiming DIVINTY, which you agree with. Then I want to know what you mean by DIVINTY of Jesus!

Instead he says: “My Father is greater than I.” (John 14:28).

Yes the Father is greater than Him in position.

Jesus submitted totally to God. At Gethsemane, he said to him: “Not My will, but Yours, be do-ne.” (Luke 22:42).

Yes we all know that.

At-one-ment with God Nevertheless, Jesus declares: “I and My Father are one.” (John 10:30). However, the sense in which he makes this declaration is qualified. Jesus only does the will of the Father. (John 6:38). He only speaks the words of the Father. (John 14: 10). The works he does are the works of the Father. That is the true atonement, ensuring that he who sees Jesus sees the Father. (John 14:9). Jesus prescribes the same atonement for us. He says to God: “I gave them the same glory you gave me, so that they may be one, just as you and I are one: I in them and you in me, so that they may be completely one.” (John 17:22-23).

In fact this is not only getting out of hand but also astonished that ATONEMENT means the above.

Do you know the meaning of ATONEMENT?
Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by CANTICLES: 8:02am On Oct 21, 2014
my brothers ..... The fact that the Father JEHOVAH[YHWH] is called " LORD" and yet the tiltle is applied to our Jesus Christ neva means they are of same rank .... If you tink they are ? U are Scripturaly lwrong, beacause ERROR 1: that will mean Jesus and king Nebuchadnezzar ar same person bcoz BOTH are called " king of kings" (Dan 2:37; Rev 17:14) ERROR 2: it will also mean Jesus disciples are ACTUALLY Jesus Christ beacause both are called " the light of the world" ( matt 5:14 ; Joh 8:12) ERROR 3: It Will also mean the twelve apostles are ACTUALLY Jesus Christ beacause BOTH are called " ...apostles" (heb 3:1; matt 10:2 ) !!! trinity is a scriptural blunder, when a title is found in more than one location in the scriptures IT SHOULD NEVA BE HASTILY CONCLUDED THAT IT REFER TO SAME PERSON !!! We should always consider the instances and context in the Bible where same expression occurs !! But we should all know that ' Jesus Stands at the right hand of God (named JEHOVAH)' -Act 7:55,56

1 Like

Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by shdemidemi(m): 11:20am On Oct 21, 2014
CANTICLES:
my brothers ..... The fact that the Father JEHOVAH[YHWH] is called " LORD" and yet the tiltle is applied to our Jesus Christ neva means they are of same rank ....

Where exactly do you get this hogwash from! It is ridiculous.

What exactly is the meaning of Lord?

Lord means owner.

How do you separate what Jesus owns from what God owns? Can I compare the Lordship of God/Jesus to a king or a man who owns a measured earthly kingdom?

The nauseating thing with you is that you are not interested in knowing these things but more interested in surfing the internet for anything that falls in line with your preconceived idea.

CANTICLES:

If you tink they are ? U are scripturally wrong, beacause ERROR 1: that will mean Jesus and king Nebuchadnezzar are the same bcoz BOTH are called " king of kings" ( Dan 2:37 ; Rev 17:14)

If Nebuchadnezzar was called king of kings by Daniel, how does that equal with Jesus who was never a physical king on earth and whose kingdom would have no boundary.

I like to know how Nebuchadnezzar's kingdom compare to the millennial kingdom that is to come.

CANTICLES:

ERROR 2: it will also mean Jesus disciples are actually Jesus Christ beacause both are called " the light of the world" ( matt 5:14 ; Joh 8:12)

Lord Jesus is the illuminator of light. John 8:12 while Matt 5:14 means we are the the witness for God.

CANTICLES:

ERROR 3: It Will also mean the twelve apostles are actually Jesus Christ beacause BOTH are called " ...apostles" (heb 3:1; matt 10:2 )
Apostle means one sent forth-

The visible image(son) of God was sent by the invisible image of the same God (father). The son also sent the disciples of the word. How hard is that to decipher!

CANTICLES:

!!! trinity is a scriptural blunder, when a title is found in more than one location in the scriptures IT SHOULD NEVA BE HASTILY Concluded that it refers to the same person !!! We should always consider the instances and context in the Bible where same expression occurs !! But we should all know that ' Jesus Stands at the right hand of God (named JEHOVAH)' -Act 7:55

I bet you think God is literally holding Christ on His right hand.
Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by CANTICLES: 4:20pm On Oct 21, 2014
shdemidemi:

Where exactly do you get this hogwash from! It is ridiculous.

What exactly is the meaning of Lord?

Lord means owner.

How do you separate what Jesus owns from what God owns? Can I compare the Lordship of God/Jesus to a king or a man who owns a measured earthly kingdom?

If Nebuchadnezzar was called king of kings by Daniel, how does that equal with Jesus who was never a physical king on earth and whose kingdom would have no boundary.

I like to know how Nebuchadnezzar's kingdom compare to the millennial kingdom that is to come.

Lord Jesus is the illuminator of light. John 8:12 while Matt 5:14 means we are the the witness for God.
stop that twisting !!!...U are in darknes
s to Truth, Jesus is an entirely different individual from the father , he stated to the Jews :"If I glorify myself, my glory is nothing. It is the Father that glorifies me, he who you say is your God"- John 8:54 !He Clearly Distinguish Himself From JEHOVAH

1 Like

Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by shdemidemi(m): 4:32pm On Oct 21, 2014
CANTICLES:
stop that twisting !!!...U are in darknes
s to Truth, Jesus is an entirely different individual from the father , he stated to the Jews :"If I glorify myself, my glory is nothing. It is the Father that glorifies me, he who you say is your God"- John 8:54 !He Clearly Distinguish Himself From JEHOVAH

Did you read my rebuttal? If you did, I will rather have you respond to that rather than make another blanket statement.
Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by CANTICLES: 4:40pm On Oct 21, 2014
I know where your darkness is ...... I need your response to dis question:: Is Jesus the same person called ' JEHOVAH' ??
shdemidemi:

Did you read my rebuttal? If you did, I will rather have you respond to that rather than make another blanket statement.
I know where your darkness is ...... I need your response to dis question:: Is Jesus the same person called ' JEHOVAH' ??
Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by dolphinheart(m): 5:45pm On Oct 21, 2014
shdemidemi:

I've been reading books and quotes on the trinity topic for years and I still don't understand it . For one, different people have different explanation on their believe in the trinity. Two, some say its a mystery and I can't as a layman understand it. So please, in laymans English and with bible quotes that does not further contexualiztion (sorry for d oyinbo )please, what is the trinity ?
Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by shdemidemi(m): 6:40pm On Oct 21, 2014
CANTICLES:
I know where your darkness is ...... I need your response to dis question:: Is Jesus the same person called ' JEHOVAH' ?? I know where your darkness is ...... I need your response to dis question:: Is Jesus the same person called ' JEHOVAH' ??

What else have I been saying, of course He is.
Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by shdemidemi(m): 7:02pm On Oct 21, 2014
dolphinheart:

I've been reading books and quotes on the trinity topic for years and I still don't understand it . For one, different people have different explanation on their believe in the trinity. Two, some say its a mystery and I can't as a layman understand it. So please, in laymans English and with bible quotes that does not further contexualiztion (sorry for d oyinbo )please, what is the trinity ?

Bless God, the bible says if we look for Him well enough, we will definitely find Him. It is really a mystery that can be unraveled by the study of the bible and most especially the settings. I will present this in another dimension just to avoid tautology.

This entire saga that led to the creation of man cropped up from the angelic conflict. I believe you know the story, Lucifer tries to make himself equal to God. God thumped Lucifer with condemnation and through resentment he called God a wicked God that does not forgive. God decides to make man, by virtue of providence God knew man will fall and He also knew He would display His love and mercy to mankind to showcase how merciful and forgiving He really is.

God created man, man fell, God had to come and pay the ransom of bringing human kind back to Himself through a physical image of Himself known as Jesus. Hence, anyone who believe in that sacrifice is forgiven and saved from damnation. Salvation became a free gift to all who will believe.
Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by CANTICLES: 7:33pm On Oct 21, 2014
shdemidemi:

What else have I been saying, of course He is.
.... U are Flatly wrong, will u believe if christ said they are different ?? In Prayer Christ said to Father JEHOVAH " this means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, The Only True God *AND* of the one WHOM U SENT FORTH , Jesus Christ " John 17:3 .... " ..The witness of two men is true, I am one that bears witness about Myself, *AND* the father who sent me bears witness about me" - Joh 8:17,18 !!! Those scriptures are Not Rocket Science, but are truths u are not used to hearing , one more proof of different in personalty " I solemnly Charge you before God( Jehovah) *AND* Christ Jesus *AND* the chosen angels" 1tim 5:21 ! Here Shows that Jesus is diferent from the angels, so also different from God !!!
Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by shdemidemi(m): 7:52pm On Oct 21, 2014
CANTICLES:
.... U are Flatly wrong, will u believe if christ said they are different ?? In Prayer Christ said to Father JEHOVAH " this means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, The Only True God *AND* of the one WHOM U SENT FORTH , Jesus Christ " John 17:3 .... " ..The witness of two men is true, I am one that bears witness about Myself, *AND* the father who sent me bears witness about me" - Joh 8:17,18 !!! Those scriptures are Not Rocket Science, but are truths u are not used to hearing , one more proof of different in personalty " I solemnly Charge you before God( Jehovah) *AND* Christ Jesus *AND* the chosen angels" 1tim 5:21 ! Here Shows that Jesus is diferent from the angels, so also different from God !!!

Have you been reading me at all? I have not denied the human nature of God, it is you that denies His divinity.

There are biblical passages that explicitly assert His divinity, such as John 1:1, and other passages which imply His divinity by showing Him performing actions that only God can do: judging humanity, forgiving sin, healing people, and creating the cosmos.

At the same time, the early theologians upheld the full humanity of Jesus Christ. Scripture gives proof that Jesus was a human being, able to suffer, die, and experience weaknesses, both physical and emotional.

When “the Word became flesh” (John 1:14), He did not become two people (one divine and one human), but He became one Person with two distinct natures, a fully divine nature and a fully human nature. The Word was unchanged as He entered a union with sinless human nature in a physical body (Hebrews 10:5).

Here lies the specific answer to the question: as to Jesus’ divine nature, He is unchanging. As to His human nature, He is changeable. As God, Jesus is unchangeable, infinite, ever-supreme in every way. But as to His human nature, He is changeable, subject to weakness, able to suffer, able to die. He is simultaneously divine and human, infinitely strong and suffering weakness, immortal and mortal. He is the God-man.

The Son of God did not change His nature at the Incarnation. The divine nature did not “blend” with the human nature—that would have required change. Rather, the divine nature resides with the human nature in the Person of Christ. The Incarnation means that Jesus can lay claim to both His divine nature and His human nature.

https://www.nairaland.com/1929417/how-incarnation-reconciled-gods-immutability#1929417.14
Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by CANTICLES: 8:01pm On Oct 21, 2014
[quote author=shdemidemi post=27337096]

Have you been reading me at all? I have not denied the human nature of God, it is you that denies His divinity.

There are biblical passages that explicitly assert His divinity, such as John 1:1, and other passages which imply His divinity by showing Him performing actions that only God can do: judging humanity, forgiving sin, healing people, and creating the cosmos.

At the same time, the early theologians upheld the full humanity of Jesus Christ. Scripture gives proof that Jesus was a human being, able to suffer, die, and experience weaknesses, both physical and emotional.

When “the Word became flesh” (John 1:14), He did not become two people (one divine and one human), but He became one Person with two distinct natures, a fully divine nature and a fully human nature!!! blasphemy,Look at you, u quoted John1:1 " In the begining, the word was, and the Word was with God" can som1 be God and yet BE WITH God ?? Who spoke 4rm Heaven durin Christ Baptism ??
Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by CANTICLES: 8:09pm On Oct 21, 2014
shdemidemi:

When “the Word became flesh” (John 1:14), He did not become two people (one divine and one human)
!!! Reason bro, 1timothy 5:21 was written after Christ has gone to heaven !!! Look at you, u quoted John1:1 " In the begining, the word was, and the Word was with God" can som1 be God and yet BE WITH God ?? Who spoke 4rm Heaven durin Christ Baptism ??
Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by CANTICLES: 8:09pm On Oct 21, 2014
shdemidemi:

When “the Word became flesh” (John 1:14), He did not become two people (one divine and one human)
!!! Reason bro, 1timothy 5:21 was written after Christ has gone to heaven !!! Look at you, u quoted John1:1 " In the begining, the word was, and the Word was with God and d word was a god" can som1 be God and yet BE WITH God ?? Who spoke 4rm Heaven durin Christ Baptism ??
Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by shdemidemi(m): 8:24pm On Oct 21, 2014
CANTICLES:
!!! Reason bro, 1timothy 5:21 was written after Christ has gone to heaven !!! Look at you, u quoted John1:1 " In the begining, the word was, and the Word was with God and d word was a god" can som1 be God and yet BE WITH God ?? Who spoke 4rm Heaven durin Christ Baptism ??

What bible are you quoting from?
john 1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

This is what I have in my bible.

Brother, we are not talking about another man here, we are talking God who hangs the sun there in the sky, the all powerful God. Trying to limit Him to with your senses based on your own capabilities is undermining His absolute power.

If you were following our train of discussion closely, I also divided the mortal man into parts where his spirit is engaging itself in activities separate from the physical body and sense.
Romans 8
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

Are you aware of this fact by your senses? Absolutely not! But we believe it because the book says so. Can I then be telling your spirit man is another human being because you can't see your spirit physically?
Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by CANTICLES: 10:11pm On Oct 21, 2014
shdemidemi:

What bible are you quoting from?
john 1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

This is what I have in my bible.

Brother, we are not talking about another man here, we are talking God who hangs the sun there in the sky, the all powerful God. Trying to limit Him to with your senses based on your own capabilities is undermining His absolute power.

Romans 8
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

.... uv said the son is also calling himself the father , thus he was lyin when he said somone sent him ( whereas he is the same person) , was An Hypocrite pretending to pray to God ( Whereas he was that God) , ... Thus, the bible contradicts itself by saying " blessed be the God and Father OF our lord Jesus Christ" 1pet 1:3 .. How can jesus av a God and father when he himself is the same God as uv claimed? !!! pls explain 1cor 15:23 - 28 for dis thread

1 Like

Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by shdemidemi(m): 10:33pm On Oct 21, 2014
CANTICLES:
.... uv said the son is also calling himself the father , thus he was lyin when he said somone sent him ( whereas he is the same person) , was An Hypocrite pretending to pray to God ( Whereas he was that God) , ... Thus, the bible contradicts itself by saying " blessed be the God and Father of our lord Jesus Christ" 1pet 1:3 .. How can our lord jesus av a God and father when he himself is the same God as uv claimed? !!!

My brother, we are talking spiritual oneness here, you are confusing your self with physical. You are one with your spirit man even though you are a mortal being. You are the physical image of your spirit that I cannot see or hold.

You can communicate with your spirit and vice versa. This does not make you two, you are still one body and spirit. In similitude, Jesus spoke with the invisible part of Himself, that does not make them separate, spiritually speaking. They are one in each other.

CANTICLES:

pls explain 1cor 15:24-28 for dis thread

I will book this space to explain the verse at length some other time. (can't do long post now). But it still boils down to a kingdom in the new earth that will eventually be ruled by Jesus/God forever. We will not be having two kings in heaven, the only king will be Jesus/God.
Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by CANTICLES: 8:28am On Oct 22, 2014
shdemidemi:

My brother, we are talking spiritual oneness here, you are confusing your self with physical.
spiritual oneness ke ?? OMG, man - made ideas , whereas BIBLE spoke about " TWO Men" Two! Two! John 8: 17,18 ... Times without number the apostles separate them by saying " Blesed Be the God and Father of our lord Jesus Christ" 2cor 1:3, Ephesisan 1:3, 1pet 1:3 , E.t.c blessed be the father of Joseph , am i speaking of joseph himself? The intelligent ones know am speaking of Jacob ...... JEHOVAH is the MOST HIGH (PSALM 83:18), the " One God and father of all" Eph 4:16 .... While Christ is d " SON of the most high" luke 1:32
Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by shdemidemi(m): 8:36am On Oct 22, 2014
CANTICLES:
spiritual oneness ke ?? OMG, man - made ideas , whereas BIBLE spoke about " TWO Men" Two! Two! John 8: 17,18 ... Times without number the apostles separate them by saying " Blesed Be the God and Father of our lord Jesus Christ" 2cor 1:3, Ephesisan 1:3, 1pet 1:3 , E.t.c blessed be the father of Joseph , am i speaking of joseph himself? The intellgent ones know its Jacob am speakin about!!!

If I say 'canticles spirit is willing but his body is unwilling'. I have succeeded in dividing canticles into two. Does that division really make him two, physically speaking?
Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by CANTICLES: 8:40am On Oct 22, 2014
shdemidemi:

If I say 'canticles spirit is willing but his body is unwilling'. I have succeeded in dividing canticles into two. Does that division really make him two, physically speaking?

..... What Is the spirit in man and animals ??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Experience With A Babalawo From Nairaland / Why Don't You Eat Before Church? / Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.